XL 2007 : Noty able to move data values in XY Scatter chart

Hi All,

In Excel 2003 I can move data values (scattered points) in XY Scatter chart
however this functionality is not working in Excel 2007.

Any help?

0
Tushar
3/12/2007 5:05:54 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Tushar  -

Search Google for "excel 2007 deprecate chart" and one of the results is

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/28/724641.aspx

which says

"Direct Manipulation of Data Points on Charts
In Previous versions of Excel, data points on a chart could be dragged,
resulting in their source values being changed on the worksheet.  This
seldom used feature has been deprecated for Excel 2007."

-  Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"Tushar" <u32426@uwe> wrote in message news:6f142e87f87f4@uwe...
> Hi All,
>
> In Excel 2003 I can move data values (scattered points) in XY Scatter
> chart
> however this functionality is not working in Excel 2007.
>
> Any help?

0
mike5208 (300)
3/12/2007 5:21:16 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for that information. Thats what I was looking for.

Thank you again.

Tushar

Mike Middleton wrote:
>Tushar  -
>
>Search Google for "excel 2007 deprecate chart" and one of the results is
>
>http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/28/724641.aspx
>
>which says
>
>"Direct Manipulation of Data Points on Charts
>In Previous versions of Excel, data points on a chart could be dragged,
>resulting in their source values being changed on the worksheet.  This
>seldom used feature has been deprecated for Excel 2007."
>
>-  Mike
>http://www.mikemiddleton.com
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>
>> Any help?

Tushar

My charts are red
Why are my charts red? I thought it was my color printer, but I changed the cartridge. On print preview the charts, title, axis titles and everything else is red. How can I change it all back to black? Thanks, Sam ...

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

Shutting off flags in Outlook 2007
How do I stop the message that says "message not sent" that pops up while composing e-mail? Is it an actual dialog box that comes up? What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Mass Data Entry for a Junction Table
On my Junction table we track the employee and what education offerings they have attended. We have found that we have multiple employees attending the same offerings on the same day. (makes sense, if a class is offered one day you will about 20-30 people in that class) Is there any way to simplify the data entry process. Right now on the form the person doing data entry selects the employee, the education offering and the date. This has to be done for each attendee. What would be great would be to create a form that allows you to select a course and a date, and then select mult...

CListCtrl with owner data and tooltip missing problem
I've a CListView derived class with owner data style and report view. My tooltip gets displayed and then overdrawn repeatedly. Traces in my lvn_getdispinfo and ttn_needtext handlers get called repeatedly. Are there known problems with tooltips and owner data? Any Ideas? Thanks, Jeff F ...

Data Type mismatch error 3464 in Dlookup
Here is the code: Private Sub id_Part_AfterUpdate() strFilter = "pm_Part = " & Me!id_Part Me!id_Unit = DLookup("pm_Retail", "Parts", strFilter) End Sub Hi. I am getting error 3464 Data Type mismatch when I run this code. The field id_Unit is on the form and is of the type Currency. The field pm_Retail is in the Parts table and is of the type Currency. The field id_Part is on the form. The field pm_Retail is in the Parts table. This seems simple enough but I can't figure out what the type mismatch is. I would appreciate any sugges...

OWA public folder data does not match actual data
Viewing a public folder calendar through OWA does not match the contents when viewing it through Outlook 2002 or 2003. If I change an existing appointment or add a new appointment, the data shows up but random existing data does not show up in OWA. Running EX2K3 SP2 on Windows 2K3 SP1 Thanks, Brian How many public folder servers do you have? Are they perhaps looking at different replicas? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "B.E. Jorgenson" <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163007900.164594.135120@h48g...

Moving Average Question? Help
I'm creating a spreadsheet to track averages for a golf league. Th scores for an individual will be enetered across a row such a (A1:A50). Each column will represent a week. I need a formula tha will calculate the average of the last 10 weeks played. Some week will be blank if that person missed a week. So I need it to ignor zero, however, still count back to the last 10 played. Note: A1:A1 will be the last 10 played last year...so the formula will start i A11 -- gillem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gillemi's Profile: http://www.excelf...

Outlook
Hi, We have a public folder - Orders - that our sales people forward orders to and they are picked up by accounts. Works great only some orders get processed twice or some don't get processed at all!! I am wondering if there is a way to automatically move a message to a subfolder, called Processed, when they are read? I know Move to Folder is easy enough, but anything we can automate would be great. Many Thanks. you'd need to use a script or VBA. Outlook doesn't have anything built in. I use Auto-mate to move messages later but I don't know if it works on public folders. ...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Removing $ symbol from imorted data
When I import information from the web eg stock prices etc, some of it comes as $4.25 instead of 4.25. I cannot manipulate the data in this format and I have tried the Format - Cells - Number - Currency - None option but it does not work. Help apppreciated. Thanks Ricardo Try this: =VALUE(MID(A2,2,50)) Andy "Ricardo" <richwhiteoak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2a48e01c39233$a9941ef0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I import information from the web eg stock prices > etc, some of it comes as $4.25 instead of 4.25. I cannot > manipulate the data in this format and ...

Money 2007 Not Responding
Money 2007 Deluxe is periodically and un-reproduceably hanging during various operations (transaction entering, balancing accounts, etc.) with no rhyme or reason. My only option is to close Money by clicking the "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the program. Vista then asks if I want to close or wait. I've waited as long as 30 minutes with no response from Money, so I always choose "Close". None of my data seems to get lost or garbled in any way. This is a new installation of Money on a new computer with Vista. This is a new money file that only has tra...

Automatically move messages to folders
I have set up rules in the rules wizard to send messages with words in the subject to other folders. I have followd all of the directions in Rules Wizard and at the end of the rule setup I get a message saying that this is a "client-only" rule and will only work when Outlook is running. These rules will not run automatically. They will only run when I go into the wizard and click run now. Is this the way it is supposed to work?? How do I get messages from a GM Inbox to other folders???? Help?? Is this the way it is supposed to work?? *** Nope... How do I get messages ...

Merging excel office data into a publisher office project(Australi
Having problems when I get to the point in the merge wizard "catalog merge template", with the DOB format to be entered into the membership card that I have made in Publisher. It reverts back to American date format. Could the problem be in the edit record section? All seems to be okay till then. I have checked the regional settings etc., all okay. When I have finished template of merge & highlighted the DOB field gone to language on tool bar and set language it still doesn't work then preview, it has reverted to American. ...

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

Sum based on range values
I need to sum a column A, but only if values in an adjacent column B>0. Therefore the example below should sum to 10 (only including the first 3 rows). A B 7 5 0 4 3 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 Ideally this should be a formula in a cell, not a macro. Any ideas? It doesn't sound complicated, but I can't get my head round it. TIA Ian Thanks Julie. I knew it had to be straightforward. Just a case of knowing which function to use. Ian "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message news:%23$anRGw$EHA.3836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > us...

Order entity
The "Order" entity in CRM has a number of status's (Active, Fulfilled, Cancelled, Submitted and Invoiced). From the Actions menu on the Order form it's possible to Cancel and Fulfill an Active order - and doing so changes the Order status as you would expect. However: 1) Invoicing the order (which creates an Invoice record) doesn't change the status of the order to Invoiced 2) I can't see how to change the status to Submitted. I expect it's possible to do both of the above programatically. However is it possible to do it through the CRM UI? On Jun 14, 9:10=A...

Formula Error
I have a list of codes in F$19:F$1500. I was attempting to use the following code to assign a number to each unique value in the list and repeat the previously assigned number if it is duplicated. This works for the first 15-20 numbers, but returns an error (#n/a) afterwards as if the code stopped working. I have tried EVERYTHING... Same result each time. =IF(COUNTIF($F$18:F19,F19)>1,VLOOKUP(F19,F$18:G18,2,FALSE),MAX($G $18:G18)+1) Any clues? My guess... =countif() treats everything as text. So the text string ="1" (or '1) will be counted as a match as well as the num...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?
I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view, so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath): Monday Thursday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Sat/Sun I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option? Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns? That view is gone in 2007 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au Ou...

Array of User define data.
I want to use a typed data of array. Type myType X As Long Y As Long End Type Dim myMatrix(20)(20) As myType But above code is wrong. How to that right VBA coding? Another question. Can I use a Variant array such as dim myVar as Long = 20 Dim myMatrix(myVar) As myType Thanks... I think this is what you mean Dim myarray() As myType ReDim myarray(1 To 20) myarray(1).X = 1 myarray(1).Y = 3 Const cLen As Long = 20 Dim myArray2(cLen) As myType myArray2(20).X = 1 myarray(20).Y = 2 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Cactus [������]" <a@b.com> wrote in mes...

Maximum value to use autofiler feature in excel
Hi, does anybody know the maximum value to use autofilter in ms excel? I heard my friend told me that excel could filter only select data is less than 1000. He told me that he has 4000 row and use autofilter, an expected record is more than a thousand but the record display only 1000 maximum. I want to test like him too but I don't have any file that contain alot many thousand of record. Does anybody have any idea? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roath Kanel" <012633023@mobitel.com.kh> schrie...

if the cell value exceeds the limit to have a dialog box appear
Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box would appear? Thanks for any assistance. Dave Check Data Validation: Select the cells Data>Data Validation Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Dschro" wrote: > Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box > would appear? > > Thanks for any assistance. > > Dave > Ron, Here's the scenario -- on an Expense Report: If an employee was to fill in any amount in the &...