worksheet window couldn't be maximized

Hi,

I found my worksheet couldn't be maximized no matter how many time I click 
the "Max.Button".
P'se advise how to get it done. I'm running Excel 2002.

Surfer 


0
ybcip (3)
3/7/2007 12:52:53 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
383 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 50

Is the workbook protected?

Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook
would be visible--and you may need a password to unprotect it.

Surfer wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I found my worksheet couldn't be maximized no matter how many time I click
> the "Max.Button".
> P'se advise how to get it done. I'm running Excel 2002.
> 
> Surfer

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
3/7/2007 1:09:17 AM
No,

Under Tools|Protection it only have option to protect sheet/workbook
Any other clue?

Surfer

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> 
???????:45EE10BD.18239402@verizonXSPAM.net...
> Is the workbook protected?
>
> Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook
> would be visible--and you may need a password to unprotect it.
>
> Surfer wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found my worksheet couldn't be maximized no matter how many time I 
>> click
>> the "Max.Button".
>> P'se advise how to get it done. I'm running Excel 2002.
>>
>> Surfer
>
> -- 
>
> Dave Peterson 


0
ybcip (3)
3/7/2007 1:19:09 AM
Not from me.  

Sorry.

Surfer wrote:
> 
> No,
> 
> Under Tools|Protection it only have option to protect sheet/workbook
> Any other clue?
> 
> Surfer
> 
> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net>
> ???????:45EE10BD.18239402@verizonXSPAM.net...
> > Is the workbook protected?
> >
> > Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook
> > would be visible--and you may need a password to unprotect it.
> >
> > Surfer wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I found my worksheet couldn't be maximized no matter how many time I
> >> click
> >> the "Max.Button".
> >> P'se advise how to get it done. I'm running Excel 2002.
> >>
> >> Surfer
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson

-- 

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
3/7/2007 1:26:36 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Sales Payment Terms Entry Window security
In the Sales Transaction Entry Window (SOP) users can open the Sales Payment Terms Entry window by using the Terms Discount expansion icon. How does one prevent the users from accessing this window? This window name does not appear in the security setup. I suspect the window is really part of the Sales Transaction Entry window. My objective is to prevent users from entering data in this window. -- M Peterson Not sure what version you're using...but in my version 8.0 SP 3 this screen is called Sales Trade Discount Entry. If this is the screen you're after, you can set secu...

Merge worksheets #2
Hello, I have two worksheets in "list" format. I would like to merge these two list into a third worksheet if possible.. If not possible merging into one of the original worksheets is ok. Both of these tables "lists" are sequenced by the first column (a text field containing a telephone number). List one is the master list because all rows i.e. telephone numbers will be on this list(sorted in ascending order based on telephone number). The second list(called the update list) will be identical to the first also sorted into ascending order. However it may only have only a...

How do I save a filtered subset of a worksheet?
I want to hide columns and filter my worksheet, then save only the visible cells. Is there a way to save a subset of a worksheet in this way Create a new workbook. Back to the original worksheet Select all the cells (ctrl-a, twice in xl2003) Edit|Goto special|Visible Edit|Copy back to the worksheet in the new workbook. Edit|paste special|Values edit|paste special|Formats Save the new workbook. If you need a macro, you can record one when you do it once manually. quixoposto wrote: > > I want to hide columns and filter my worksheet, then save only the visible > cells. Is the...

Windows
Hi - hope someone can help I get the following message: exception processing message c00000013 75b6bf7c 4 75b6f7c 75b6bf7c This just started for no apparant reason. The message won't cancel, try again or continue. It returns after re boot. Compter still runs fine - just can't get rid of the message. Only recent program addition was Quicken 2010 - how ever this error message didn't happen immediately after it was loaded. I did find some threads on this but nothing there that seemed to directly address this issue. Running XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pac...

Comparing data in two similar worksheets
I have to compare data in two reports to find the differences. The report has approx 15 columns and 2500 rows, and I need to extract each entry that has changed since the previous report. Each entry has an ID#, that may or may not have been in both reports, or is in both reports but has differing data in some of the columns. I am relatively new to using excel, so any help at all is appreciated. ...

Immediate window disappeared from the VBE
For some reason, the immediate window has gone from the VBE, instead there is a black space where it should be. View -> Immediate window doesn't do anything. Any idea? Thanks in advance Joseph Hi Joseph Try Control + G -- Regards Roger Govier "JOG" <philippeoget@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50pf4gF1hdtcpU1@mid.individual.net... > For some reason, the immediate window has gone from the VBE, instead > there is a black space where it should be. > View -> Immediate window doesn't do anything. > > Any idea? > > Thanks in advan...

Transfering Messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
I have a customer who is using Windows Live Mail (WLM). He has 142 441 files that take 13.3Gb. He keeps on loosing contacts everytime he quits WLM. In addition, He uses the signature feature to preprogram replies to his emails. With WLM when you reply, they all disappear and only the default signature remains. Finally, everytime he starts WLM, it is very slow because it scans his 142 441 files all the time. So I recommended to use Outlook. However, it is limited to 2Gb when we try to import data from WLM. Can you recommend a solution? -- Christopher Kozely EURL US Info In W...

CMDIChildWnd weird response to maximize
I am having problems with a MDI application, getting child windows to behave correctly when the user clicks the maximize button on the child window title bar. I finally went back and created a sample project, using the new-project wizard, and the problems happen there, too. When the user clicks the maximize button, the child frame (class derived from CMDIChildWnd) receives a WM_SYSCOMMAND message. If I handle that with an OnSysCommand handler, the nID parameter is F150, which is SC_HOTKEY, not SC_MAXIMIZE. The child frame then receives a WM_SIZE message, but the OnSize handler sees an nTyp...

Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!
I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP Professonal SP2 installed on my PC. Last night I went through the normal Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well. However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those charts at all. The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but the charts themselves seem to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks... Hi, ...

Registry on windows 2008
Hi all, With Windows 2003, I'm using HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch process each time the user log in. I tryed to create the same key at the same place with Windows 2008 but it doesn't work. How can I do the same with Windows 2008 ? Does the Run Key still exist ? Thank you, Olivier On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:45:02 -0700, OlivierT <OlivierT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >With Windows 2003, I'm using >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch >proces...

OWA / Windows XP SP2 / IE 6 SP2
We have come across an issue in our environment using OWA on a windows xp sp2 box. A script error occurs when, within OWA, you create a new message, click the "To" button, find a user from the GAL, and then after highlighting the user, click the "Properties" button on the bottom of the find screen. The script error is: "Object doesn't support this property or method". I also get this error using IE on Windows Server 2003 SP1. I do not get this error on Windows XP SP1, Windows XP SP2 with IE 7 beta. Has anyone come across this error, and found a soluti...

Start program in minimized window
How do I start a program (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 8) in a minimized window, just a tab in the toolbar? Can this be done for any program and is there a universal switch for this? PSRumbagh wrote: > How do I start a program (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 8) in a minimized > window, just a tab in the toolbar? Can this be done for any program and is > there a universal switch for this? - To start the program minimized to the Taskbar: Create a shortcut to the program, right-click the shortcut, click Properties, change "Run:" to "Minimized". ...

PostMessage and address of window
I want send RegisterWindowMessage from some thread to dialog class to listbox. I create this thread in dialog class so I use "this" to pass address window, but It doesn't work. Compilator doesn't show any error. But on the listbox the message which I send from thread doesn't appear there. Code: //dialog class: static UINT UWM_SEND_DATA = ::RegisterWindowMessage(_T("UWM_SEND_DATA"); SerialWriter* writer; //my thread in "SerialWriter" class writer = (SerialWriter *)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(SerialWriter),THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL,0,CREATE_SUSP...

VLOOKUP formula searching multiple worksheets ??
Does anyone know how to search for info from multiple Excel worksheets using the VLOOOKUP formula or any other formula. I have my VLOOKUP formula(column B) and list of values(column A) (sorted in ascending order) on Worksheet 7 and I need to search for these values in Worksheets 1,2,3,4,5& 6 Column F. Is this possible with Excel ? I've tried this by using the formula VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1:Wrk6!$F:$G,1,FALSE) but I get a #VALUE! error. You will need a construct along these lines: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk2!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk3!$F:$G,2...

HELP!! Charts won't copy across to another worksheet
Help Please. I have a sheet which has all my descriptive stats on it and graphs drawn from this data. There are 100 charts on the sheet. I am trying to copy the whole sheet WITH the CHARTS. Then I shall only have to change some of the formulas to perform other comparisons. My problem is whichever means I sue to copy the sheet the data cells copy. The gaps are there where the charts should be. NO CHARTS. Any advice grateful received. Have you tried making a second copy of the sheet by holding down CTRL and dragging the sheet tab to the right? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx...

Windows 7 backup & SBS2008 Prem.
Hi, I have an SBS 2008 network, with Windows 7 clients. I setup a share on my server for the clients to use to do backups. I also have the user's profile folders redirected to the server as well, which covers Documents and Desktop (the default I guess when you tell sbs to redirect). Everything seems to work fine as far as the backups go, but the Windows 7 Action Center is complaining that I need to check my backup status. When I do, it mearly tells me that it skipped Documents, Desktop, Video etc. because they are on the server. I'm fine with those being skipped as th...

printing worksheet on 3x5 card
I would like to know if it is possible to print a worksheet the size of a 3x5 card, so I can use it with my flashcards for school? Printerchallenged, if you printer supports this size paper then, file page setup, set paper size to 3x5, excel gets the paper size from your printer settings -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "printerchallenged" <printerchallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Limiting size of worksheet
I want to set up a worksheet and limit to 25 columns and 200 rows. I seem to can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Jo -- JB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JBL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26668 Joe You cannot do away with the unused cells. A worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can hide the rows and columns you don't want to see. Select them and Format>Hide. Alternative.........You may want to...

Working window in Access "sticks" to Maximum size
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to 'unstick' a working form/report/table, etc in Access. Even if I design an entry form at say, 3" by 5" wide, it'll automatically maximize to fill up the entire working screen next to the navigation bar. To my knowledge, I have never set any property to maximize every window. . . Did I miss a global setting, or is it an option I can turn off? Thanks, Tripler "Tripler of the SDMB" <Tripler of the SDMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E65DF9-A187-4710-A6AC-2350A66F38D1@microso...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

Pocket Money 2003 on Windows Mobile 2003
When I tried to install Pocket Money 2003 on my Windows Mobile 2003 machine, it does not allow me to do so and a error message pops up saying that it will only install on Pocket PC2002 machine. What should I do? Will Pocket Money 2004 do the trick? ...

How do I open old Excel Worksheets when XP SP2 installed?
After installing XP SP2 (Service Pack 2), I can no longer open previously created Excel Worksheets. Newly created Excel Worksheets work fine. The error message for the olf Worksheets indicates that they are not Excel format. Should I go back to my "pre SP2" XP???? Mike I'm not going to be much help but want to get one thing straight. When you say XP SP2 do you mean Windows XP or Office XP(2002)? There is an SP3 for Office XP(2002) which you should download if you haven't done so. On Office download site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx?disp...

How do I install outlook 2000 on Windows 7?
I have had multiple problems getting Outlook 2000 to work on a brand new System 7 machine. To my knowledge, it has no other versions installed, yet each time I launch, I get the setup screen again that says there is another version. I can receive mail but when I try to send it says I can't because it can't find the WAB DLL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. (Word, Excel and PPt work fine.) Any clues? Outlook2k is not compatible with Vista let alone win7 It may work if you setup outlook2k in workgroup mode, but not neccessarily without proble...

Windows XP Upadte re outlook
I understand that an windows update was supplied however this attachment removes all attachments. I would like to know how to remove this attachment because I want attachments. I believe that it is a windows update because I say this problem stated on a TV show, however I was unaware that I was having this problem at that time so I did not not the update number. Please Please help me if you can. It would be helpful if you sent me the answer by email to sscotu@hotmail.com but remember that all attachments are removed so the answer must be in the text. Many Many thanks Richard Armitage...

How do I combine different worksheets into one book?
I have several worksheets using same template for excel, how do I form one workbook and import all these seperate sheets into it?? one way: open each workbook and right click on the sheet name you want. copy or move then select a new workbook and make a copy. HTH "Madcat" wrote: > I have several worksheets using same template for excel, how do I form one > workbook and import all these seperate sheets into it?? > ...