worksheet linkage

hi,
The details is please see teh attached file, you can see on the file

Worksheet B of B62, I typed 15254", it col name "yarn count"
and the product code you can see is Q921 at cell A62.

Worksheet A, you can see F2 is Q921, col name is "product code".

Now I just plugin a vlaue B62 ='15254' and I want it shows on workshee
A - G2
but remember it must match the product code of worksheetB - cellA6
'Q921' and worksheet A cell F2 'Q92'
because next time user will plugin a number ie.1111 on B164; wher
product code of worksheet  B - cell A164
must be match to worksheet A - cell F3, but it should show the valu
1111 on cell G3.

thanks to hints

ga

|Filename: samplewrapwrep4.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5237

garyw
garyww's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57333

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Auto-logging worksheets
I am currently using the below formula to auto save invoices for review Is there a way that as these accumulate (there are many), that spreadsheet could log them? I still want them to archive, but i want report to be generated on a single sheet daily. Here is the formula am using for the archiving: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:="J:\builders choice completed\" ActiveSheet.Range("a9") End Sub Thanks in advance, Vato -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe you could copy and paste spec...

Select an array of worksheets VBA
I am trying to write a macro that will select an array of worksheets. The number of worksheets may vary from book to book so I tried usin the following: Sheets(Array("Sheet (1)", Sheets(Sheets.Count))).Select but this doesn't work. Can anyone help me out please:confused -- Jamuc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jamuck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52431 Are you trying to select all the sheets? sheets.select maybe??...

How to merge two Excel documents so that second add to first as a new worksheet?
Suppose I have 2 Excel documents with essentially the same columns. Let's call them collection1.xls et collection2.xls. Both have only 1 worksheet inside. I want to take the worksheet from Collection2.xls and make it Worksheet 2 of Collection1.xls. I know it can be done with cut and paste but it seems to me that when I try this, worksheet 2 does not seem to duplicate all the styles and formatting of worksheet 1 (i.e. collection2 seems to lose some of its original formatting during the cut and paste transfer to Worksheet 2 with the unwanted result that worksheet one looks di...

Copy worksheet name into cell in worksheet
I'm looking for a way to have the name of the worksheet I am working in automatically entered to a cell on the worksheet ie: Worksheet name is 1-1-03 this would automatically be entered into cell 2a of the worksheet and that would have formatting to show not only that date but also the day of the week that day is(1-1-04 Thursday) I have the cell formatted already but it is really over kill to have to manually enter this info both as the worksheet name and into this cell for every day I must enter. Hi Laura! Use: =--MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename...

Worksheets in HQ
Hi there This may be a weird one. But I need to ask.. as I have never seen any where or heard any one discuss this.... Is it posible to create new worksheets in RMS HQ or maybe modify the current ones. What I am trying to do is change the way create PO is run? -- Cheers Topi Not really. You can add additional tables and have them sync on a 401, but the process is poorly documented at best, IMO. You might want to check around or ask your reseller for existing PO Processing add-ins that may take care of this for you. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@...

can you help by make link with tow worksheet
I'm looking to make link with tow worksheet more clearly: i made equation in cells worksheet -1 a1 + a2 : print result in cell A1 in worksheet -2 and thankyou for help -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383968 Type in: =Sheet1!A1+Sheet1!A2 Place in Cell A1 of worksheet -2. Or, place the cursor in the desired cell of worksheet - 2 and click "=". Then click on the wo...

Print Template automatically Filled with data in another worksheet
I have a Form in Sheet2 like: Name: B2 Company B3 Department B4 Emp #: B5 and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above details in Sheet1. I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I know It can be easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel could not be easily developed in MS Word. Is there any solution. Regards. Murtaza, You would need to use a macro: Sub PrintEmOut() Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A123") With Worksheets("Sheet2...

How do I unprotect a protected worksheet that has passwrod protect
I need to unprotect a protected sheet but it has password protection on it and I do not have the password, can anybody help? record a macro and paste the text below into it:- Sub PasswordBreaker() Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer On Error Resume Next For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66 For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66 For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66 For i5 = 65 To 66: F...

Excel opening a "phantom" worksheet at random times
I have a user who will have a phantom Excel spreadsheet, entitled Object, open at random times while she is trying to open another spreadsheet. This Ojbect spreadsheet will stay open, and she can open other spreadsheets, but the only thing that will open is the Menu bar, toolbars, and the status bar. The file itself doesn't open, the space is empty and the user can see the desktop. When this happens, the user has to shut down her machine, not a restart, before she can continue on in Excel. Any ideas? ...

worksheet 401 error
Hi We are getting the following error when processing a worksheet 401 at one of our stores (the same worksheet processed fine at the other 18 stores) <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. UPDATE PurchaseOrderEntry SET Price Any suggestions on where to start looking/ See if there are any custom triggers on any of the tables, i had this problem with a custom trigger on th item table. -- Stephen Zwar...

Unable to password-protect "VeryHidden" worksheet
Hello I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden" worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided. However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file), the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty. Please advise what steps I...

data source linkage
Hoping someone is an expert with data links. I store my data in access and link it to excel so I can do pivot tables/charts. I've run into two major problems. a) if I change the location of my access file (move it to another directory) I loose my link to the pivot table and can't figure out how to update it. Also I create multiple pivot tables from the same data source (I select everything in my query and just drop in what I need). But if I just copy and past the pivot table whenever I change my groupings it carries thru to all the copies. What's the best way to cre...

Create a custom footer for all Excel worksheets at one time...
I want to create a custom footer, just once, that could be applied to all worksheets in an Excel workbook. Microsoft Word lets you do this, so why not Microsoft Excel? BigCat Try the code below: Be sure to substitute the information for what you want. HTH Dennis ******************************************** Sub PageSetupAllSheets() Dim EachSheet As Worksheet For Each EachSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With EachSheet.PageSetup ' &F = File ' &A = Tab ' &D = Date ' &T = Time ' &P = Page ' &N = Pag...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Link a chart to a worksheet
If data on one worksheet (swimming times) is used to create a graph or chart on another worksheet, can I automatically update the graph when I add new data to the original worksheet? Do you mean when you expand the data? Dynamic charts don't care where the data is, as long as the ranges are properly defined: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Roger Campbell" <RogerCampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Creating Multiple Worksheets From A Single Sheet
I need some help to find a way of creating multiple worksheets from a single sheet. I have created a Macro that will insert page breaks after each change of supplier code, I now need to put each set of supplier codes onto seperate sheets in the same workbook... Please help!! Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Use the last macro on this page for all unique values -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Beccy" <Beccy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96F67F34-766A-4D37-B359-ADB7278080B3@microsoft.com... > I need some help to find a way...

Combining data from multiple worksheets into one
I have 4 files with hundreds of worksheets in each file. I need to combine all 700,000 rows of data from all the worksheets in these 4 files into one worksheet to take into Access to append additional data. Is there a way to do this without cutting and pasting the data from each individual worksheet into the single list? I'm using Office 07 and although the data is the same format in each of the worksheets the entries vary in the number of rows from sheet to sheet. Mark This macro will do what you want. The following conditions must be met for this to work. The 4 wor...

Copying a Chart to ANOTHER WORKBOOK LOCATION not worksheet.
According to Excel Help, I should be able to copy a chart/graph to another workbook. However, when I try, the Paste option is not highlighted as a choice. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this copy/paste function? Thank you. You don't state which version of EXCEL you are using. I have tried to replicate what you say in EXCEL 2007 but don't see the problem. You might like to try the following:- 1. Select the graph that you want to copy by clicking in it. 2. Ctrl C (simultaneously). 3. Move to new Workbook. 4. Ctrl V (simultaneously). This pastes the c...

How do I add a comma to every cell in my excel worksheet
I have a list of email addresses in microsoft excell. Now I need to add a comma to the end of each address. Is there a quick and easy way to do this?? Let's say the addresses are in column A. In an un-used column enter: =A1 & "," and copy down -- Gary's Student "Ausmale" wrote: > I have a list of email addresses in microsoft excell. Now I need to add a > comma to the end of each address. Is there a quick and easy way to do this?? > ...

How can I link to a specific worksheet from a webpage?
When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? Already solved enter *.xls#Sheet1!A1 RMF "RMF" wrote: > When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links > to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? ...

Worksheet protection #2
I have a protected worksheet (not the whole workbook) that I need to unprotect, but I don't have the password. Please help http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html http://www.elkraft.ntnu.no/~huse/xlpassword.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jackie <mirosj@mottchc.org> wrote in message news:039601c37e12$d25d0b10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a protected worksheet (not the whole workbook) that > I need to unprotect, but I don't have the password. > Please help ...

How do you toggle between Excel worksheets

how do i get back deleted worksheets?
I mistakenly deleted 2 important worksheets in microsoft excel and would like to know if I can get them back. I tried system restore on my computer but that didn't do anything for me. Mr Roy wrote: > I mistakenly deleted 2 important worksheets in microsoft excel and > would like to know if I can get them back. I tried system restore on > my computer but that didn't do anything for me. System Restore does *not* restore data, as the dialog box says when you use it. Your only hope is a backup. Roy, Unfortunately, any sheet operation (Insert, Rename, Delete, etc.) is not...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

Replace worksheet name in formula linked to a different workbook
When I try to use Find/replace to replace the worksheet name to formula's linked to many different workbooks, but the worksheet name is the same. It gives us an update values box with the file name and wants us to locate the files. Ex: ='R:\BSP Auditing\FF Div Loan Pwd Surr\[FF Div Auditing.xls]SEP'!$E$39 (It is for multiple files and folders all under BSP Auditing.) Want to change to: ='R:\BSP Auditing\FF Div Loan Pwd Surr\[FF Div Auditing.xls]JAN'!$E$39 Just a guess..... Are you absolutely positively sure that there's a worksheet named Jan in that workbook? ...