Working time rota's

office 07 How can I make up a working rota in excel

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Do you mean ie: Time On/Off duty, total hours, days off, etc etc?

"Dave" <daveelenor195@binternet.com> wrote in message
> office 07 How can I make up a working rota in excel

passwords working in GP but not in SQL Server
Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I always thought I could use the same user/password to log into GP, then use the same User/Password to log into SQL Server. If I change the password in SQL Server, I can't use that same password to log into GP. I have to update GP. When I do that, I can't log into SQL Server anymore. I guess this keeps SQL Server and GP Security separate, but what if I wanted both to be the same. Is there any way I can set it up like this? In GP 9 and before, the passwords are encrypted in GP. Unlike previous versions, you cannot unencrypt the pass...

Date Time Stamp formatting
Hello, In Excel 2010... Working with a dataset of 200K+ records and I can't seem to format a date/time stamp (5/10/2011 9:10:45 AM) correctly so that a pivot table will summarize by just the date and NOT by date and time. TFTH, Tom "Tom Taetsch" <ttaetsch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:368a6a6f-3e5f-496d-bee3-72a98b67314a@x21g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > In Excel 2010... Working with a dataset of 200K+ records and I can't > seem to format a date/time stamp (5/10/2011 9:10:45 AM) correctly so > that a pivot table will summarize by just the da...

Microsoft visualc ++ 5.0
It is stopping all development. I know I can upgrade to version 6 but version 5.0 is fine for me. It really is not good enough for Microsoft to say they are no longer supporting 5.0 and then to kill it off with xp sp2. I am going to have to uninstall sp2 to carry on. Anybody know of a fix for this ? Regards "Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:d3dorb$q18$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > It is stopping all development. > > I know I can upgrade to version 6 but version 5.0 is fine for me. > > It really is not good enough for Microsoft ...

truncate date; nix the time component
I am reading a cell that was populated with NOW(). It contains a time part I do not want. There has got to be a trunc() function somewhere, but I can't find it. Was going to try WorksheetFunction.Date, but it's not there? (I thought that anything available for use on the sheet would show up here) So, do I build a string and use DateTime.DateValue, or DateSerial, to get just the date part and eliminate the time component? It works ok, but it just doesn't seem like it's the way to do it. Thank you. Here is one example of removing time. Is this the proper way ...

Negative time remaining on Contract Line
Hi, I hope you can help with a problem we have. We pre-sell time for support contracts and as customers use up the time, it reduces their balance. Therefore time based Contracts in CRM3.0 seems perfect for this. However, if a customer has, say, 10 minutes left and we want to allocate 30 minutes of billable time on case (which would make the allotments remaining -20), we get a warning error that there are not enough allotments remaining. However, there is an option to continue anyway - if we take it CRM errors with: [COMException (0x800404ef): <description>Allotments: remaining + u...

Will 32 bit software work on a 64 bit machine?
Help needed, I have a question: Background: I have a machine with 98SE operating system. My software is 32 bit: example Office '97, Adobe 6, Corel Word Perfect 2000. I am planning to buy a new computer in the near future. I would like to know if I can use my software on a Win7-64 bit machine or do I need a Win7-64 bit. machine, or won't they work on neither of them. I also have a Flash drive 1.1 that I am backing up my files and will be transferring them to a new machine. Thank you in advance, Angel On 15/01/2010 in message <OTMwtHalKHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Works Suite 2000 files (.wks) in Excel
I have Works suite 2000 files with extension .wks I would like to open in Excel. Is there a converter for this or someother procedure. Thanks Steve Hi Steve! The file needs to be saved in xls format by Works. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:106e201c3f2b2$2988af70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Works suite 2000 files with extension .wks I would > like to o...

Links not working in Excel 2007
I now have Excel 2007--formerly I used 2003. I have a workbook that is linked to many other workbooks. In 2003, when I opened the workbook it would ask if I wanted to update the links. When I checked Yes, it would go out and get the information and update each link. Now when I open the workbook, it doesn't ask if I want to update the links and it doesn't update them unless I open each workbook. Do I need to change a setting? CarolAn Try... Office button (upper left corner) >> Excel Options >> Advanced >> scroll down to the General section >&...

Macro for Entering Data and Time in Tasks Notes
Hi, I have a user that uses the notes section in tasks as a journal of activities for that task. Is there a shortcut or macro to quickly insert the date and time in that field? Thanks for any tips. kkern@_____ wrote: > Hi, > I have a user that uses the notes section in tasks as a journal of > activities for that task. Is there a shortcut or macro to quickly > insert the date and time in that field? Thanks for any tips. Check out http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Insert-Date-Time.asp Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account sett...

Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?
Is there a way to have excel not graph a space in between dates that are not right in a row... for example. if I have 12-1, 12-2, 12-3, and then jump to 12-6.... how can I avoid that space in my graph. also... I find excel graph's to be difficult to work with... are there any recomended charting programs that work with excel that have more functionality and just work better? Hi, You can change the axis to be categorical rather than time series. Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On the scale tab set the x axis scale to Category. Excel charts can appear difficult but the...

Restore Down Button Doesn't work
I am a new Access 2007 user. Have installed Office SP2. When Access runs, it opens in full screen mode. (Maximized) While I can minimize it, I cannot use the Restore Down button to run it in a window. Any ideas why this is? "tkosel" <tkosel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74306437-CDA4-43D4-AB9B-71B43F7C825D@microsoft.com... >I am a new Access 2007 user. Have installed Office SP2. When Access runs, > it opens in full screen mode. (Maximized) While I can minimize it, I > cannot > use the Restore Down button to run it in a wind...

eConnect or Integration manager to feed time & billing info
We are buying GP and will need to pass it timecard & AR Invoice info. Our current system creates the timecards, we enter the time via the web, and invoices are create donce the timeentry period is closed. We will need to feed the timecard and maybe the invoice info to GP. Not sure on the invoices because GP may create the invoices from the timecard data we feed it. We'll feed data once a week. It will need to be as simplea process as possible for the clerk who does the weekly processes. Can someone tel me what factors would influence the decision to use IG, eConnect or so...

Tried to download SP3 no disc now Excel does not work
I tried to download Office SP3 but I do not have my Office disc with me so could not insert when asked so the setup was cancelled. Now when I try to open Excel it automatically goes into setup mode and asks for the disk and hence cancels. This is the only Office program affected and of course is the one I use most, any suggestions please. I'm not sure if this will help, but try the following: Go to the Windows Start menu, and choose Run. Enter Excel.exe /regserver This will cause Excel to start up, rewrite all its registry keys, and then quit. Now try starting Excel normally. -...

Resolution time
What is the best way to summarize different types of time spent on cases? Contract handling is not an option because contract is eternal. I have a customer and they record actual time, billable time and third (customized attribute in Incident) type: recorded time. They use email, appointment and task -activities within cases. We get different duration-fields into reports but cannot find any logic there ;( ...

shift premiums in formula on time sheet
Hi hope you can help me. I am just learning excel. I am trying to make a time sheet and I have everything figured out except for shift premiums. If I work between 00:00 - 08:00 shift premium is $.50/hr If I work between 16:00 - 00:00 premium is $.35/hr. My reg working hours are from 8:00-16:00, but occasionally I work before 08:00 and stay longer than 16:00. How can I add in the shift premiums to the formulas? Our pay is calculated every 6 minutes...eg: if i worked until 17:15 ...I only get paid until 17:12. Please help. I have been looking on the net for some tips but this is a littl...

Default Recipient Policy not working
I have an Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 mixed organization. My problem is: The default recipient policy is not working (any more). When I click "apply now" in ESM, I recieve the following error: "The specified directory service attribute or value already exists. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007200d Exchange System Manager" All other recipient policies are working fine. Have you tried doing an update on the Recipient Update Service? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please d...

Activities doesn't appear in My Work section of nav bar for some u
Hello all, We have a few users who don't have the Activities icon (and its text label) in the My Work section of the navigation bar. I don't see where the appearance of icons within sections can be set. In the Personalize Workplace dialog I can see where to remove sections like sales and marketing but not icons within sections. I don't see any columns in systemuserbase or usersettingsbase that seem to cover this either. Anyone out there know where such a setting is or why Activities wouldn't appear? Thanks, Shawn On Jul 1, 9:48=A0am, Shawn Tyler <sty...@nospam.c...

CStdioFile::ReadString not working with correctly with UNICODE fil
VS2005/C++ and MFC I am trying to use members of the MFC CStdioFile class to read the contents of a UNICODE file (created by NOTEPAD). I can read if if I use _wfopen_s to open the file and fgetws to read the file. However, when I open the file with CStdioFile::Open(), and read with CStdio::ReadString() and examine the contents of the buffer using the debugger's memory window, I see that each character read from the file is stored in 16 bits (as I expect), but there is a 16-bit zero between all of the characters. Here is a snippet of my code: CStdioFile f; CString fileline = ...

What are the common issues that can cause slow boot times of Windows CE6 Images?
I am relatively new to Platform Builder, and whilst I am able to produce nk. bin files, they boot very slowly, 80-100 seconds, so I think there may be some checkbox somewhere that I need to set (or clear)! I've already removed kitl, profiling, etc in the project settings, and set the project to 'release build' & 'ship'. When I looked at the startup event log (in debug), there doesn't appear to be any specific point where it is slow. The log pretty much scrolls all the way through with no major pauses. One thing I found strange was that although the nk....

Laptop client sitemap customizations not working while online.
When we try to install links through sitemap we do not get those reflected on laptop clients those are online. Whatever we are doing through isv config is getting reflected. I would like to know if there is a way to synchronize laptop client while it is online for sitemap changes. Thanks, ...

Recording elapsed time
What formula do I use for elapsed time so I can calculate calories/hour from my exercise routine, for example? The routines vary in lengthI can calculate average time and average calories but is there a way I can use the hour:minute:second format (or some other elapsed time format) to divide the calories by, or do I have to convert all times to hours, for example, and proceed that way? In what format do I enter the time data? I am using Office XP Professional with Publisher Version 2002. Hi Kap, Perhaps this would be ok ? If times are entered in 24 hour format with hours and minutes ...

CStatusBarCtrl SetBkColor not working?
Hello, I have been trying to change the bkcolor of my status bar which is create directly from class CStatusBarCtrl. I am calling SetBkColor from OnInitDialog. The code compiles properly but when I run it, there is no change in the color of status bar. I have been trying very hard and have searched amost everything. Please Help. Thank You And also I tried creating seperate class with base class CStatusBarCtrl and calling SetBkColor from inside OnCreate but nothing helped. ...

Serial Numbers and Work Orders
Hey guys, Is it possible to associate an item with a serial number in a Work order, BEFORE TENDERING THE TRANSACTION? Many times a retailer would want to set aside a particular item that is to the customer's preference or which may need to have work done on. Is there any way to provide the serial number while the item is being addded to the Work Order as opposed to when the item is being finalized? Thanks, Hi Tom, Our work around is to type the serial# into a comment for the item. We always print our work orders before converting them, so then we will know what the serial# is. I woul...

outlook doesn't work
I installed the Office XP (2002) version on my computer, and everything works fine except Outlook... When i start Outlook, I get the message: "Unable to display information from the file system or Outlook.Could not open the item. Try again." then I am asked if I want to see the "My computer files", with the options [Yes] - for which the result is just the use of outlook as a file explorer - or [No] for which outlook closes by itself... I tried then to creat an e-mail acount within "Outlook Express", which works, and then I tried to oen again Outlook... ...

Update list each time new file is created.
Is there a way to update a job list automatically in one spreadsheet each time I create a new spreadsheet for a job? For example... Everytime we start a new job, I create a spreadsheet (a template) to keep track of the timesheets and job costs. Each spreadsheet is named using the project name. I need a seperate spreadsheet that will automatically add a new line to the list based on the creation of the new job spreadsheet as mentioned above. This spreadsheet will list all the jobs, based on the existance of a spreadsheet file for that job. In other words... for each spreadsheet file that ex...