Windows can not find my spreadsheet

I repaired and uninstalled then installed Office 2007. I opened Excel up and
search for my Excel Spread Sheet and open it and then save as on my desktop
like I always do. Then when I double click on the Icon I get "Windows can
not
find C:\User etc. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
again. Any excel spreadsheet I have I get the same message when I double
click on it. I check the path and it is correct.

0
Golden
9/20/2009 7:14:36 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Separate Thread with top-level window in MFC DLL
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or insights people have on an issue I am facing. I am trying to create a DLL that will export a single function. This function, when called, spawns a new thread with its own top-level CFrameWnd. The thread should process all messages for that CFrameWnd. It looks like most applications that will use DLL will be MFC-based but not 100% of them. I am currently creating a regular MFC DLL (not an extension). The CWinApp in that DLL does not have a main window initially (set to NULL). In the exported function, I execute a AfxBeginThread to create the new thre...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

How do Print out a uniform spreadsheet i.e. all the same size A3

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Owner draw buttons : 2D look...Can it be 3D?
hi, Priyanka here... i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click on the CButton, it gives a 3D feel as the text shows some offset and the button gives a pressed look. but in the owner draw buttons, there is no such 3D effect i can see. can we make it possible? Thanks Priyanka priya wrote: > hi, > Priyanka here... > i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look > of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click > on the CButton, it gives...

Is Find and Replace multi-threaded ?
Does Find and Replace take advantage of multiple processor cores in Excel 2007 or 2010 ? If not, I'd suggest adding it in the next version of Excel. - Ronald K. ...

Open windows explorer
Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder? Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL
when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot locate file MSOE.DLL. when i went to start, find, folder/files and searched for it i found it. how can i fix the problem please help. If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory. Good Luck! <dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote...

ADO find method
I've coded a somewhat complex conversion program. Its creating a table based on the contents of another table. I'm creating an artificial key composed of name and phone number that must be unique. Before I add records to the target recordset I need to issue a find command on the previoulsy added records to see if it is a duplicate. Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not. I think it may be failing only when the immediately preceding record is the duplicate. Here is the skeleton of my code, any ideas? While Not rs1.EOF ' Form artificial key strCID = strU...

Is there a work-a-round i can use for making a datagrid....
Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would input info, and once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the workbook. I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get the update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control In Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to do this? When you say "form", do you mean UserForm or worksheet set up to look like a data input form? If a UserForm, then yes, you can use TextBoxes, but you didn't supp...

Find UnUsed Stored procedure
I have lots of unused SP in my DB and i'd like to delete them. I need to find them. How can I know that a Stored procedure is not used. (with the tables i look at the DMV). I thought to trace it by a DDL Trigger on the Execute sp event, but there is not such a one... Gal (Gal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have lots of unused SP in my DB and i'd like to delete them. > I need to find them. > How can I know that a Stored procedure is not used. (with the tables i > look at the DMV). That's a not a trivial question to answer. SQL Server maintains...

Can anybody tell me what is wrong ...
/* I am trying to practice multidimensional array in a managed class using dynamical allocation. If I tried to compile the following codes, I would get the under mentioned c2440 error message. It is only practice. You may notice that I am not using "private" or constructor here. Can anybody tell me what is wrong and how I can rewrite that line right? Thanks a lot. */ #include "stdafx.h" #include <string.h> #include <string> #using <mscorlib.dll> #include <tchar.h> using namespace System; using namespace std; __gc class Month { public:...

scanner can't read barcodes on paper
My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out. I will not barcodes on receipt either. any suggestions will be great. Thanks I had the same problem. I only had this problem with certain barcodes. When I looked at the ones that the scanner wasn't reading, I noticed that they all used lower case letters. As soon as I changed the letters to upper case I was able to scan the labels. "country" wrote: > My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out. > I will not barcodes on receipt either. > > any suggestions will be g...

How to find number and description of Installed JREs?
Hi All! Can anyone help me out to find number and description of installed JREs in the windows system. I do know that i can be done by using registry value but how i don't know? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Zia ...

Migration: Migrated custom fields can't sync with plan
We migrated a set of enterprise global fields from 2003 to 2007. However, some of the post migration changes to these fields can't be reflected into project professional for all plans. Example, we have a project outline code in 2003 called Portfolio, which is a hierarchical set of values. In 2003, we allowed selection of non-leave node and didn't allow multi-selection. After migration, we changed the settings of the field to allow only leave node and multi-selection. However, these changes are neither picked up by migrated project plans nor newly created project plan....

Can you work this backwards
Previously I used 3 simple formulas (if statements) to calculate a charge, so if E9 =3D=A33000 then the formula for the charge was =3DIF(E9<=3D1000;E9*1.1;"=A3100") then =3DIF(AND(E9>1000;E9 <=3D2000);(E9-1000)*0.9;"=A3200") =3DIF(E9>2000;(E9-2000)*0.5;) Total Cost ... of above 3 items plus E9 (=A33000) Now people are asking to spend a total of =A33000 including the charge, so now Total Cost is to be =A33000 and then I have to work back to find E9. How is the best way to do this please. Bob Hi, Use the "Solver" utility in Excel. Let us suppose ...

Can't view jpg attachments
All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook 2000. I have reinstalled Outlook, but with no change. If you can solve this problem, I'll dance at your wedding. Harlan HH <hhhague@comcast.net> wrote: > All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook > 2000. What happens when you try? Use Windows Explorer's Tools>Folder Options menu to reestablish the association between JPEG files and whatever application you want to use to open them. -- Brian Tillman I have just discovered that I can look at attachment in a rou...

System Sound I can't stop!
I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and it isn't there. I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! It's driving me nuts! effdee wrote: > I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the > System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and > it isn't there. > > I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! > > It's driving me ...

Can you set up a Word document to accept present tense only?
I was told that you could set a document up using Microsoft Word 2007 to only accept present tense. Is this true? If so, how do you do it? Word 2007 has a "Find all word forms" option in the Find and Replace dialog. This, among other things, will let it search for all verb forms (among other things). That might be what the person was talking about. For example, with this option enabled, if I search for "have", it will also match "having". If I search for "is", it will also match are, be, was, and were (for example). But, there's nothin...