Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?

Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...

I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
messages get deleted.

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but
one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.

I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.

So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should
avoid?

Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an
answer

Thanks

Michelle

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>
> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
> messages get deleted.

What do you mean by deleted? Is it possible there is a problem with your
news server so some messages never appear?

Michelle wrote:
> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>
> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
> messages get deleted.

Do you have any filters set for this group?

Hotmail looks suspicious.
Couple questions for you to review the answers to. Are you posting to
the MSnews server directly? Are you filtering the messages?

Michelle wrote:

> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>
> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
> messages get deleted.
>
> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that,
> but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.
>
> I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.
>
> So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I
> should avoid?
>
> Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have
> an answer
>
> Thanks
>
> Michelle

0
birelan (531)
10/8/2009 12:10:34 PM
No, the nature of it is such that it is clearly one question that gets taken
down, no others. It shows for a minute or two then vamoos!

There are no other problems with the server.

"Cwatters" <colin.wattersNOSPAM@TurnersOakNOSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message

> "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>
>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
>> messages get deleted.
>
> What do you mean by deleted? Is it possible there is a problem with your
> news server so some messages never appear?

No, no filters and no problems with any other questions or answers I post.

"Saxman" <john.h.williamsremovethis@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Michelle wrote:
>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>
>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
>> messages get deleted.
>
> Do you have any filters set for this group?
>
> Hotmail looks suspicious.

I'm not filtering the messages, and I'm using Windows Mail to post questions
and answers - I don't know if that means I'm posting to the server directly
or not!

> Couple questions for you to review the answers to. Are you posting to the
> MSnews server directly? Are you filtering the messages?
>
> Michelle wrote:
>
>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>
>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
>> messages get deleted.
>>
>> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that,
>> but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.
>>
>> I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.
>>
>> So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I
>> should avoid?
>>
>> Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have
>> an answer
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michelle

Here is the direct line to the Microsoft newsgroup server, see if it
works better!

Michelle wrote:
> I'm not filtering the messages, and I'm using Windows Mail to post
> questions and answers - I don't know if that means I'm posting to the
> server directly or not!

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Couple questions for you to review the answers to. Are you posting to
>> the MSnews server directly? Are you filtering the messages?
>>
>> Michelle wrote:
>>
>>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>>
>>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then,
>>> my messages get deleted.
>>>
>>> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>> Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for
>>> that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.
>>>
>>> I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.
>>>
>>> So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I
>>> should avoid?
>>>
>>> Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to
>>> have an answer
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Michelle

0
birelan (531)

Backslash "\" is being added to XML Attributes, Is there a way to get rid off it?
I have not encountering this problem 'till I got VS.NET 2003. Check my xml below how the backlash is added. I tried all possible ways to replace it but nothing happens. Any help will greatly appreciated. <SESSION_INFO_ID ID=\"434674640\"> <TEL_NBR VALUE=\"2532668900\"> <PRODUCT hcid=\"1600\"></PRODUCT> <PRODUCT hcid=\"1700\"></PRODUCT> </TEL_NBR> </SESSION_INFO_ID> Pete wrote: > I have not encountering this problem 'till I got VS.NET 2003. Check my xml > belo...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

i am getting fatal error C1033
Hi all while i was compliling my project through VC++ (6.0) It ia giving following error e:\empresent\source\winsys\ttf\fontbmp.c(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'e:\empresent\source\build\x86\vc60.pdb' NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2' Stop. Although vc60.pdb is present in the following path. Please help me out what to do. Thanks in advance Meenal I can only guess, the file may be locked/corrupt or not accessible. Reboot and see if you still get the same problem. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Sometimes clearing...

General CRM Questions
Hello, I am looking at Microsoft CRM as a possible customer support solution and have some questions. Any help is appreciated.... 1) Do knowledge base articles support file attachments? 2) Can the system be configured to support multiple departments that are unrelated? In other words, can cases, customized case forms, knowledge base articles and custom knowledge base templates be associated to a specific department only? What about the subject tree, can there be multiple trees (one for each department)? Thank you, Craig Santoli Currently it is not possible to attach files to KB articl...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

Data fill question
Hi all, How do I do an auto fill on a certain amount of cells in a range of numbers but at the end of the number there is a dash s. For example: 343-s, 344-s,345-s and so on. I tried to do the auto fill but it is just repeating the sequence of numbers? You could use a formula. With the first cell filled in (like A1), put this in A2 and fill down: =(LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1)+1)&"-s" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >How do I do an auto fill on a certain amount of cells in a range of numbers >but at the end of the number the...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

XmlElement question
Hi, I have and XmlElement from within an XmlDocument. I wish to RemoveAll() from within the XmlElement plus itself. For example: <Notes> <Note id="n1"> <Info>A message</Info> </Note> <Note id="n2"> <Info>another message</Info> </Note> </Notes> I wish to delete the node, Note with id="n1". I have assigned it to an XmlElement, but i am unsure how to remove the element from the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Tim. Timothy V wrote: > I have and XmlEl...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

Delete recurring appointment but keep history
Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes? Thanks markj <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the > previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes? Why not open the series and put an end date of today on the recurrence? That should remove all future occurrences, but keep the past ones. I believe I read that Outlook will keep only 18 months of past entries. Do you see any history older than that? -- Brian Tillman ...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Deleting Customer
Running HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185 Trying to ensure that all customers (about 20 in total) are global but somehow one of the stores has a global customer that doesn't show up in HQ. I want to delete this odd customer. Store won't let me remove it because it is a global customer and if I try to run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers then their account number doesn't show up in the list. Suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Enc...

drag and drop to get a lot of wordarts?
How to get a number of wordarts by dragging and dropping? just like dragging and dropping and get some cells that contain auto-increased formulas. Hold the Ctrl key, then drag and drop the object, to create a duplicate. Anderson Lee wrote: > How to get a number of wordarts by dragging and dropping? just like dragging > and dropping and get some cells that contain auto-increased formulas. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thank you very much! ...

cannot delete messages
I have an Exchange 2000 Server, SP 3. Outlook 2000 clients. several users in my orgainziation have messages in their inboxes that they cannot delete. UNKNOWN error is all they get. is there any way to get these messages out? regards, JM ...

Getting value from edit control?
How do I get the value from an edit control into its value CString variable? Also, how do I convert from CString to char* ? CString has an overload for LPCTSTR (which depends on whether you are compiled for Unicode or MBCS) so you can pass it pretty easily. If you need to access the buffer directly CString::GetBuffer() returns the pointer to the buffer. Call ReleaseBuffer() when you are done using that point (if you modify it). To assign and retrieve values with the edit control you should create a variable for the control and use UpdateData(). Open the dialog and right click on ...

Deleted Mailbox???
I just deleted an extra (not used) account I have on my computer using User Accounts in Control Panel. During the process I opted to save all files to my Desktop. Upon opening my email, Outlook cannot find my OUTLOOK.PST file and wants to search for it or create a new one. I figured I'd rollback to the last register settings, but system restore was not turned on, that that was out of the question. Can anyone help me get my email back, there is very valuable information in it and I do not want to lose it Operating System: XP Pro Email: Outlook 2000 Thanks for your help in advan...

How do I get data (tables) from IE to export to an EXCEL sreadshee
I have been trying to get IE to export a database table to EXCEL. It will not do it. I can right click on the body of the data and say EXPORT to EXCEL - but it won't export or go to the clipboard. How can I get it to do that? From Excel try data>get external data>new web query Regards, Peo Sjoblom "WebgirlMD" wrote: > I have been trying to get IE to export a database table to EXCEL. It will > not do it. > > I can right click on the body of the data and say EXPORT to EXCEL - but it > won't export or go to the clipboard. > > How can I...

Project Server 2010 Question
I have a general Project Server 2010 question that I am hoping someone might be able to answer. Currently Project Server 2007 doesnt really support a distributed architecture - does anyone know if there any plans for this in 2010? Hi Chicagohunter, Try posting your question to the forum for Microsoft Project Server 2010. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/threads I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project ...

How to solve this question?
Hello all: I write a component using ATL and it includes two interface:ISMath and IAMath, and now I write client codes and want to the file tlb,Look: #import "Com_01.tlb" no_namespace #include <windows.h> #include <iostream.h> void main() { HRESULT hr; hr=CoInitialize(NULL); if(FAILED(hr)) { cout<<"Initialize COM failed"<<endl; return; } ISMathPtr spSFun; IAMathPtr spAFun; spSFun.CreateInstance(L"Com_01.SMath"); long s=spSFun->Add(11,12); cout<<s<<endl; spSFun.QueryInterface(II...

outlook automatically deleting emails????
Sometimes an email comes in and automatically gets completely deleted! It does not even goto the deleted items folder. It just appears in the inbox for a second and is gone. The emails have nothing bad about them. I checked the junk email list etc. and nothing. Any idea what the problems are? This is simply driving me nuts! thanks! 1-Recheck all your Rules and 2-make sure Junk Mail is not set to Permanently Delete. Also look at your View settings. "jrana" wrote: > Sometimes an email comes in and automatically gets completely deleted! > It does not even goto the deleted...

Breaking User Form Code into modules question
I have a user form with alot of code in it. As of now all the code is in the Userform Code window, but there is so much code that it's getting confusing. I have one Sub that is to large and needs to be split into several subs. When I was done I was going to break all the Subs down into different modules to clean it up. I guess I will have to do that now, but I am not sure how to do it. 1: My question is in the UserForm Code Window how do I refer to a module? 2: If the Code is to large can one Module call another module? Something like User form Code calls Module 1 and ...

Sub Form Question 05-31-10
Hello, I have a movie database: Movie table,Disk table, Set table, Book table and Slot table. There is a one to many relationship on movie/disk; set/book, book/slot and disk/slot. I have a form showing basic movie information which has a sub form showing the discs in the movie and the book/slots each disc occupies. I also have a browser object at the bottom of the form to show the IBDB page for that movie. My problem is that the disc portion of the sub form and the slot portion seem to be tied together. I need to move the slot portion up an a horizontal plane with the disc po...

Ex2003
OK, I am stumpted... How can I create a public folder? I have the Store. But can't figure out how to create a folder. It looks like I do NOT want a public store hierarchy. Are these folders created under the Organization->FOLDERS or under SERVERS->MY-SERVER->First Storage Store -> Public Folder Store. It appears that the only thing I can create under ORG->FOLDERS is a new FOLDER TREE. I thought that in 5.5 public folders were created with the Client (MS OUTLOOK)... Is this different? I have tried to create via OUTLOOK but just couldn't figure it out. Carl i creat...

how to delete pst?
How can i delete old archives? I delete them manualy in the local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook-folder. But there are still in the mapstructure. How to delete them. regards Peter YOu did these tasks in the wrong order. You should have right-clicked = the top of the PST File in the Outlook folder list first, choosing Close = to remove it from the current profile. Then after shutting down Outlook, = you could have deleted it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...