Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?

Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...

I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
messages get deleted.

I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but
one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.

I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.

So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should
avoid?

Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an
answer

Thanks

Michelle

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>
> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
> messages get deleted.

What do you mean by deleted? Is it possible there is a problem with your
news server so some messages never appear?

Michelle wrote:
> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>
> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
> messages get deleted.

Do you have any filters set for this group?

Hotmail looks suspicious.
Couple questions for you to review the answers to. Are you posting to
the MSnews server directly? Are you filtering the messages?

Michelle wrote:

> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>
> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
> messages get deleted.
>
> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that,
> but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.
>
> I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.
>
> So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I
> should avoid?
>
> Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have
> an answer
>
> Thanks
>
> Michelle

0
birelan (531)
10/8/2009 12:10:34 PM
No, the nature of it is such that it is clearly one question that gets taken
down, no others. It shows for a minute or two then vamoos!

There are no other problems with the server.

"Cwatters" <colin.wattersNOSPAM@TurnersOakNOSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message

> "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>
>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
>> messages get deleted.
>
> What do you mean by deleted? Is it possible there is a problem with your
> news server so some messages never appear?

No, no filters and no problems with any other questions or answers I post.

"Saxman" <john.h.williamsremovethis@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Michelle wrote:
>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>
>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
>> messages get deleted.
>
> Do you have any filters set for this group?
>
> Hotmail looks suspicious.

I'm not filtering the messages, and I'm using Windows Mail to post questions
and answers - I don't know if that means I'm posting to the server directly
or not!

> Couple questions for you to review the answers to. Are you posting to the
> MSnews server directly? Are you filtering the messages?
>
> Michelle wrote:
>
>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>
>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my
>> messages get deleted.
>>
>> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that,
>> but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.
>>
>> I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.
>>
>> So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I
>> should avoid?
>>
>> Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have
>> an answer
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michelle

Here is the direct line to the Microsoft newsgroup server, see if it
works better!

Michelle wrote:
> I'm not filtering the messages, and I'm using Windows Mail to post
> questions and answers - I don't know if that means I'm posting to the
> server directly or not!

> "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Couple questions for you to review the answers to. Are you posting to
>> the MSnews server directly? Are you filtering the messages?
>>
>> Michelle wrote:
>>
>>> Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too...
>>>
>>> I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then,
>>> my messages get deleted.
>>>
>>> I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>> Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for
>>> that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them.
>>>
>>> I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it.
>>>
>>> So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I
>>> should avoid?
>>>
>>> Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to
>>> have an answer
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Michelle

0
birelan (531)

Can I delete OE and just use Microsoft Outlook 2002
I would like to delete Outlook Express is this advisable? I am going to be using Microsoft Outlook 2002 which I recieved w/Toshiba PDA and already have it set up on the same PC as OE. Can I use Microsoft Outlook for multiple e- mail accounts? Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824 With Outlook, you can integrate and manage e-mail from multiple e-mail accounts, personal and group calendars, contacts, and tasks. "Delia Marlowe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c4025...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

Difficult Excel Question
I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet you wish to look at, I would like the name to chance depending on a name supplied by a cell. If anyone can solve this, please e-mail me rthakrar49@hotmail.com =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1:H100"),3,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rthakrar49@hotmail.com" <rthakrar49@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BDA5D08-0AD1-43D2-A572-58900081D412@microsoft.com... > I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet ...

WIll M2004 still get bug fixes?
Hello, Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or are we forced to upgrade? Thanks Frank likely no additional fixes to M2004 .. but why upgrade because of that fact? Vernon "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utd$JCT9EHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or > are we forced to upgrade? > > > Thanks > Frank > > M05 has more bugs than M04 needs fixes. Likely it still will when M06 comes out. M04 will never get anot...

Delete a GL Posted
I want to delete a GL posted in the system. HOW TO DO THAT?????????? Consulta, Actually you cannot, but you can rollout the journal to disaffect the one you need to delete. There is always the database modifications workaround, which for sure is not recommended, you can find the Posted GL transactions in GL20000. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Consulta" wrote: > > I want to delete a GL posted in the syste...

WinDbg: Unable to get verifier list
I've been attempting to get to the bottom of a recurring BSOD crash happening on my system. I've already had 4 crashes so far over the past two weeks. So I've identified that NTOSKRNL.EXE is involved in all of them so far. It always somewhere in the stack. So I enabled Driver Verifier on NTOSKRNL, as well as HAL.DLL, NTFS.SYS, and FLTMGR.SYS which were also identified on the stack during various of the events. Okay so I had my latest crash yesterday, and it occurred on NTOSKRNL as well. The Verifier was already enabled on the system prior to this crash, and then wh...

Corrupted user profile.. how to get back to old name?
Running XP Pro at work. Login through a domain on Win2003SBS. I login with my name ssetnicky and password. We only use the server to store data really, it pushes out antivirus to all the machines, and we can access our accounting software's database which resides on the server. Each one of us has our own login and we're a member of the administrators group. My local computer's profile got corrupted around March 24th. When I logged on it looked as if I was viewing XP for the first time.. the little take a tour icon popped up, none of my quicklaunch icons were there, e...

CBitmap class question
I use CBitmap::CreateBitmap create a CBitmap object, and sets the bit datas by CBitmap::SetBitmapBits, but I can not display it on the screen(ie. use CDC::BitBlt), which step do I miss? Thanks for any idea. My codes like: CBitmap bmp; bmp.CreateBitmap(50,50,1,24,NULL); //24 bit colors bmp.SetBitmapBits(bufLen, pBuf); //pBuf points to valid data CDC dcMem; dcMem.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); dcMem.SelectObject(&bmp); pDC->BitBlt(0,0,50,50,&dcMem,0,0,SRCCOPY); // fault! can not display the map. This is what you need:- http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

How to delete a .mny file...
I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely transfer. I repeated the import and opened a new Money file (with a new name.) This time it went smoothly. Simple question: can I just delete the old Money file I first created? Is it as simple as going to "my computer" and deleting the appropriate .mny file? Thanks for any response. EL In microsoft.public.money, EL wrote: >I'm new to Money 2003. I imported Quicken 2002 data, and >for some reason, one or two accounts did not completely >...

wireless router question from a dummy
Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g. Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/g/n wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook? I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks How do you connect to the net? Do you have more than one PC? "iluv my kitties and family&...

Quick E2K3 CAL Question
Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply have forwarding contact objects. Thanks, Fred In news:uBJaj0yeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Fred Yarbrough <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> typed: > Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We > have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply > have forwarding contact objects. > > Thanks, > Fred Nope. I'd check with the Microsoft Licensing for an accurate answer. I don't believe s...

Query to delete characters to the right of a decimal point
I need to write a query to help me clean up some letter codes in my database. The codes could have any of the following formats... XY001.01 AP002 SDFJ003.01 JUOI005 I would like the query to return everything to the left of the decimal point, so the data returned would look like this... XY001 AP002 SDFJ003 JUOI005 Thanks in advance for your help. -- Leslie M But didn't you give an example that has NO period in it? One way to approach this would be to use an IIF() statement that checks for a ".", perhaps something like: NewField: IIF(InStr([YourCode],".")...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

Deleting Investments for closed positions
I recently discovered that it's possible to delete old investments (closed positions). One advantage to doing this is that the "Best and worst performers" on the home page will then only show current open positions. To me that's an advantage because I don't really care how a closed position is performing. I've confirmed that deleting the closed investments does not impact the actual transactions. The buys, sells, dividends, etc are still in the account. Are there any disadvantages to doing this that I haven't considered? Thanks. Jeff On Feb 3, 10:59 am, &...

2 Questions about Exchange 2003.
These are quesions from a practice test. I know nothing of Exchange servers. 1)I created a user 2 months ago and he did not need to have an email address. He has recently taken a job that required me to give an email address. Ho would I do that without deleting and recreating his account?(the mail server used is Exchange 2003) 2)My company is merging with another company and I need to configure my Exchange 2003 server to now accept email from the domain newdomain.com. Please list the steps that needs to be done to ensure that exchange will recieve email for that domain. Thanks for the...

Deleting Cashiers and SAles Reps
Does it do any damage to the transaction history if you delete out Sales reps or cashiers? We have some people who no longer work for our company and are wondering if we can delete them out. Please let me know if deleting them will do antyhing. Thanks, Nick As far as I can gather is deletes the cashier or sales rep associated with that sale. Therefore recalling the transaction would have no cashier and or rep attached to it. -- Elizabeth M. "Nick" <Nick@me.com> wrote in message news:nl97f.12722$xk2.10618@fe06.lga... > Does it do any damage to the transaction hi...

Insert / delete ?
Hi, im trying to first insert a node in the xml file and save it. XmlDocument mDoc = new XmlDocument(); mDoc.Load("struct.xml"); XmlNode singleNode; XmlNode newNode = mDoc.CreateNode(XmlNodeType.Element, "page", ""); XmlAttribute mAttr = mDoc.CreateAttribute("id"); singleNode = mDoc.SelectSingleNode("//page[@id=\"" + pageid.Value + "\"]"); if (singleNode == null) { Response.Write("no node found"); return; } mAtt...

vanishing buttons / follow-on question
That was nicely resolved as noted, but: Example, one of my macros starts like this: =========================== Sub MainLogFindLastEntry() ' ' MainLogFindLastEntry Macro ' Macro recorded 29 05 2006 by Consultant ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+L ' Sheets("Log").Select =========================== now that this macro is called by a button, I have discovered the following: 1. if no worksheets are open the macro button will find a and open the correct workbook and sheet [brilliant!] 2. if other sheet(s), workbook(s) are open but not the correct workbook, t...

getting the output of a transform as DOM
Hello, I am doing an XSL transformation using the XslTransform object and I would like to get the output as a DOM (XmlDocument or XmlElement) Do I have to get it serialized and then parse it again, or is there anyway to do it more directly? TIA Andy Andy Fish wrote: > I am doing an XSL transformation using the XslTransform object and I would > like to get the output as a DOM (XmlDocument or XmlElement) > > Do I have to get it serialized and then parse it again, or is there anyway > to do it more directly? Sure there is direct way: XmlDocument res = new XmlDocument(); ...

General Question on Structure
I'm converting a very large VB6 MDI application to C# that creates one "informational display" child form and then a varying number of other child forms all of the same type. The application will make socket connections to a couple of different servers, do serial port communication, some radio communication, play audio, and a number of other things. In the VB app, most of this work was done in the "information display" form. I keep running into cross threading issues when trying to reference items created in other threads (I thought I knew what a thread was, b...

Publisher 2003 Question #3
MS Publisher News Group Hi: I am trying to use strike through formatting on some test and there seems to be no option. I checked MS site and nada. I opened Word 2003 typed in some test and formatted it with strike through. Tried pasting in pub and the strike through disappeared. How can two MS appications from the same suite same vintage not have the same font handling capabilities?? Bizarre? Thanks Best regards Publisher is not Word. This is one area that proves that. Publisher doesn't have a strikethrough feature. You would have to draw a line and then group it with the te...

Outlook is deleting or archiving my emails after two weeks
I need to have these emails for my work. I cannot be looking around for them, or not have them at all. Please help me figure out where these emails are going so I can stop it. Thank you. Climbmaniac Tools > Options> Other > Autoarchive > UNCHECK Deleted Mail and definately UNCHECK Permantly delete old items. Arend "Climbmaniac" <Climbmaniac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EF1AD1F-1B74-4581-9B96-14559684F6BA@microsoft.com... >I need to have these emails for my work. I cannot be looking around for > them, or not have them at all. >...

General Question #3
What would cause new Excel 2003 workbook files to open as Book2 instead of Book1? This has just sarted happening on my machine. Thank you in advance. You already have a book1 saved. Find it and delete -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A126D4F5-C090-4860-924D-13158A06E9FF@microsoft.com... > What would cause new Excel 2003 workbook files to open as Book2 instead of > Book1? This has just sarted happening on my machine. > > Thank you in advance. I just tried that -- I saved a...