which code for the SpellLang in English ?

Hi,

I created an Excel file (XP/XL:2000) which is using the check spelling with
the code :
Range(Cells(19, 2), Cells(50, 9)).CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033

I would like to know the valid number version for the SpellLang, according
to the US language

The number 1033 is actually valid for the french language of north America

Fran�ois

0
nospam6564 (15)
10/14/2007 6:04:00 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I just ran a test using English and the Macro recording feature.  It
spit this out:

    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "spelling something wronge"
    Range("J6").Select
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033

It would appear that 1033 is valid for US English as well.

0
twox4s (36)
10/14/2007 9:21:19 AM
Hello Mark,

There's something I don't understand, because on a computer wtih the french
system (keyboard and local setting and language are differents than US ones)
it works with 1033. I sent it to a american girl (living in Paris) who is
having a US computer using US setting , keyboard and language, and she
talled me that the checkspelling didn't work and the macro abort on the line
"Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033"

So I don't know what's going on !

Here' my file : http://cjoint.com/?komdmCgUWS

Fran�ois

"Mark" <twox4s@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
1192353679.953715.210670@v29g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

> I just ran a test using English and the Macro recording feature.  It
> spit this out:
>
>    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "spelling something wronge"
>    Range("J6").Select
>    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
>
> It would appear that 1033 is valid for US English as well.

0
nospam6564 (15)
10/14/2007 10:04:54 AM
I downloaded your file, but opened it with macros disabled.
Following is the code from the SpellMod module...
'---
Sub Correction_orthographe()
    Range(Cells(19, 2), Cells(50, 9)).CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1001
    Application.Goto Reference:=[A8], Scroll:=True
    MsgBox ("Check spelling finished !")
End Sub
---
Note that the ID number used is 1001 not 1033 as you stated.
Besides correcting the language ID number I would also try out a version
that omits that parameter - XL97 for instance does not use SpellLang.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Fran�ois" <nospam@nospam.fr>
wrote in message
Hello Mark,
There's something I don't understand, because on a computer wtih the french
system (keyboard and local setting and language are differents than US ones)
it works with 1033. I sent it to a american girl (living in Paris) who is
having a US computer using US setting , keyboard and language, and she
talled me that the checkspelling didn't work and the macro abort on the line
"Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033"
So I don't know what's going on !
Here' my file : http://cjoint.com/?komdmCgUWS
Fran�ois

"Mark"
a �crit dans le message de news:
> I just ran a test using English and the Macro recording feature.  It
> spit this out:>
>    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "spelling something wronge"
>    Range("J6").Select
>    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033>
> It would appear that 1033 is valid for US English as well.

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
10/14/2007 2:00:02 PM
I'm using Excel 2007 in the U.S. My computer language is English (U.S). I
recorded a spell check macro and got

Sub Macro1()
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
End Sub

Tyro

> Hi,
>
> I created an Excel file (XP/XL:2000) which is using the check spelling
> with the code :
> Range(Cells(19, 2), Cells(50, 9)).CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
>
> I would like to know the valid number version for the SpellLang, according
> to the US language
>
> The number 1033 is actually valid for the french language of north America
>
> Fran�ois

0
Tyro (331)

Automated Macro from Server 2008 Task Scheduler 0x1 code
First, I have read KB Article ID : 856496 and had previously had a macro to auto-run the RM_Aging process daily. After our upgrade & migration, we are now running Dynamics GP v10 (DEXVERSION=10.0.320.0 2 2) on Windows Server 2008. I have recreated a service user account and have tested with generic batch files that simply right out text files. The service account can run the macro from the command line with no problem. GP runs does it's deal and exits. However when initiated from the Task Scheduler I get a return code of 0x1. On the old server I did not have to have Task Schedu...

Device Cannot Start (Code 10)
XP Pro on Dell XPS 630i After fruitless searches for my problem I come to this group. My Nvidia 8800 GT Card (1 year old) will not start no matter what updates I get. Still the constant "This Device Cannot Start-(Code 10)" I've pulled it out put it back in, Nanda! The lines are driving me nuts!! Any help in this matter? I've uninstalled the device, re-installed it. The card works on my other older Dell...Everything was fine until I wiped the drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Anyone else out there have this problem? -- Netmanxps Try asking them here. ...

error code 0x8024D007
after installing windows update this code appears and says unable to display the page you want to view, any suggestions please? Which edition of Windows ? What Service Pack level is it now on ? For XP, *right* click My Computer either on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Properties. The information is under System: For Vista \Win7, *right* click Computer either on the Desktop or Start Menu and choose Properties. The information is under 'Windows edition' 0x8024D007 WU_E_SETUP_REGISTRATION_FAILED Windows Update Agent could not be updated because regsvr32.exe return...

Macro Copy Excel Chart Sheet to PowePoint
Jon Peltier wrote a great macro to copy an Excel Chart on a worksheet (not a chart sheet) to an open PowerPoint presentation. I had need of a slightly different version and modified the code to the state below to a) work with a Chart sheet and b) preserve the size of the title font on the recopy. My issue is that my original chart sheet is driven via a combo box. I choose an item in the combo box (e.g. "Asia" or "Europe") and the chart automatically redisplays with that data. My chart title also changes dynamically depending on the combo box choice, i.e, the chart...

French & English versions
A friend of mine just started using Ms-Money but a French release. As I'm working for a long time with Money and want to help him, I try to open his file in my own Money (UK) but Money tell me that this file was made with an incompatible version ? Both are MS-Money 2004. The only difference is de language. Regards, Georges Files cannot be transferred between regional versions as you have found. All you can do is open the French file in a French version of Money. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny...

Code help needed for Option Buttons to control Subs
I have a User form with (20) option buttons on it. It does what I want by only being able to check 1 option button. Option Button Names: OB_601 OB_602 - OB_619 OB_620 What I need help with is when user checks the correct option button, that button exicutes code located in a module. Code in Module: There are (20) Subs named like below Sub String_01() Sub String_02() - Sub String_19() Sub String_20() I think the code for each Option button is something like this, because there default position is False and they only show true when selected. If OB_601 = True the...

Combo Box / Hard Coded List
I have placed a Combo Box onto my spreadsheet. How do I create a hard-coded list of all the markets (one of the fields / columns in my underlying Pivot Table Data). All I have on the screen in front of me at the moment is:- - my underlying Pivot Table data - the Pivot Table - a large downwards facing arrow (presumably the Combo Box). Thanks in advance for any help. OK, got it sussed. "trip_to_tokyo" wrote: > I have placed a Combo Box onto my spreadsheet. > > How do I create a hard-coded list of all the markets (one of the fields / ...

Code to automate Calendar options/add holidays
Can someone help me to get a code(any language) to automate below mentioned tasks? 1.Select Calendar Options, and under Calendar options, click Add Holidays. 2.Select the check box next to 'South Africa' . You may Uncheck other Boxes as necessary. You may add holidays of other countries by checking the box as needed. Regards, Zamsheer Sendkeys? If you want to eliminate the need to browse the long list of countries, you can edit the outlook.hol file in notepad and delete all of the countries that users are unlikely to need then email the file. Users dou...

Be able to enter UPC Codes on the inventory card
-- HK ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fea181b3-023c-48d0-aa8a-ac0926980706&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains I asked for this in an earlier post. The s...

Privilege error... Unable to include new code.
Hi there... We are on Dynamics GP 9.0 and we were in a process of updating GP with Human Resource and Payroll suite. The installation went through without any error but when we try to integrate the new code, it gives 2 error messages. "Privilege Error" and "Unable to include new code." It seemed like a registry issue, so i ran regmon on the terminal while integrating the new code. TO my surprise, it did not have any entries with permission denied. I am stumped. Is it something else that i am missing to check here? Any help on this one will be much appreciated. Currently ...

Validate accrual schedule on time code setup and employee mtce
The system allows you to enter an accrual schedule code that does not exist and does not prompt you to create the new code. This should be corrected - it occurs on both the Time Code Setup window and the Attendance Employee Maintenance window. It would also be nice to be able to change the default accrual schedule on the time code setup and have the option of rolling that down to employees that are assigned to that code. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Z-nn currency codes
What is special about them, and should they be used for new companies? Thx! Hi Richard, The "z-nn" currencies are added when you choose to install the sample company. There isn't anything special about them and they can be used for new companies or different currencies can be created for use in new companies. Thanks, Kasey This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Richard Rook" wrote: > What is special about them, and should they be used for new companies? Thx! ...

using find in excel from C# code
Hi, I am working to make an aplication that open an existing excel file, search for some text and notifies the result. Now, when I run it, before the excel file's opens get this error: COMException Types mismatch (Exception HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) My code is: object oMissing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value; Excel.ApplicationClass oExcel = new Excel.ApplicationClass(); oExcel.Visible = true; Excel.Workbooks oBooks = oExcel.Workbooks; Excel._Workbook oBook = null; ...

code for conditional formats
Hello, I am seeing some wierd things. I am creating VBA code. where I make 1 pass. and add in a bunch of generic conditional formats. then I run a second pass and put in the business logic. So I modify the conditional formats that i created before. But it does not seem to really get updated. If i pause the code. and open the conditional formats dialog. then run the code. it seems to work fine. has anyone seen this bug? my modify code is like this: objFormatConditions.Modify xlExpression, Formula1:="=UPPER(" & strTempString & ") <> ""X"&quo...

Embedding graphics in html emails, how to without coding path to graphic in, pls? #2
I have a really neat smiley programs that somehow "injects" animated gifs into an html email. So that's great when I'm at home and I want to embed pictures like animated smileys, etc. But at the office I have no such program and am not allowed to install one, of course. How can I do the same thing at the office _without_ having to tamper with the html file to begin with? Is there a way? Hope so, I'd like to be able to attach smileys, etc., without hardcoding them in. It would be too tough to type up the emails in html each time and adding path to gif, etc. Thank yo...

VBA code to read formular from another cell
Hello, I am trying to do something and not sure if that is possible. Say in Sheet1, CellA1, I have a comment '= IF(and(b1=c1, d1=e1), "Do This", "Do That") Question is how can I call the formula part in a vba to be paste in a specified cell. So say I run the macro in Sheet2, the macro should pick the formula = IF(and(b1=c1, d1=e1), "Do This", "Do That") and paste in say Cell F1, then I will want to copy the formula down to the last row. The reason is that I can change the formula for other fields Many thanks Carl. If you want the formula fo...

Code Control Formats in which Event?
I have a continuous form that I want to set field formatting on multiple controls using VBA. I do not want to use the Conditional formatting. Assuming I write my formatting code into a procedure, which event is the appropriate place to invoke the code from? Thanks Maybe this link will be useful: http://accessdb.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=116&Itemid=40 MVP Wannabe wrote: >I have a continuous form that I want to set field formatting on multiple >controls using VBA. I do not want to use the Conditional formatting. > >Assuming I write my formatt...

How to avoid repeated code
Hi, funny subject, but here's the explanation. I'm using the same set of attributes for properties of different classes. Here's an excerpt of the code: ################################################ public class QSM_Algorythm������������ ��� {���// The following code is repeated in a different class. // all the types inherit QSM_Algorythm_Base ������� [XmlArrayItem(("Command"),� typeof(BCCommand))] ������� [XmlArrayItem(("Loop"),���� typeof(QSM_Loop))] ������� [XmlArrayItem(("If"),������ typeof(QSM_If))] ������� [XmlArrayI...

Code Execution has been interupted
I have written a macro within excel. Works really well but can take up to an hour to process. Problem is that every now and again, I get the message "code execution has been interupted". I read the help file and this does not help. I am not pressing "Ctrl-break" or any other combination of keys. In fact I am not even touching the keyboard at the time! Anyone any clues as to why this might happen? The macro does access some other spreadsheet, but these are no opened by anyone else at the time (they are all on my C drive). Help anyone? Without seeing the code, it...

maximize main window by code
I searched the group to find out how i can make window state MAX by code, while window opening at the very beginnig. Common solution is to write the code below in Open Event of main form. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMaximize It is not working! Do you have any other suggestion? On Jul 13, 6:20 pm, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Docmd.Maximize > The code you are trying to use is out of date. > Also, use the Activate event rather than the Load event. This is so that if > the user moves to another form, report, or whatever and returns to the form > it will...

Field Codes in Header Not Updating
I have a document number field in the header that doesn't update when I do Ctrl A + F9. I'm wondering why this is and if there is a workaround? Others who work on the document forget to manually open the header and update. (I'm using 2007.) Thanks Jnet F9 can only be used to update fields in the selection (and Ctrl+A only select the main body of the document). But note that fields in the header should update if you switch to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view (you can use Ctrl+F2 as a toggle). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "j...

How Do I turn off color coding of days
I just upgraded my operating system and when my Outlook Calendar migrated to Outlook 2007 entire days were color coded. The color coding seems random and is not associated with appointments. How do I turn this off? Thanks It looks like the screenshot at http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2008/20080520.htm? When an all day appointment is assigned a color category and its set to busy, the date will be colored. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips ...

excel formula to access code
Can anybody help me convert this excel formula to access code: =IF('HF Performance 1'!F19="N/A","N/A",(1+(1+'HF Performance 1'! F19)^(1/12)-(1+0.25%)^(1/12))^12-1) I know I need to change the 'HF Performance 1'!F19 to the field needed [field], but what about the (1+....??? <timtam1096@cox.net> a �crit dans le message de news:f39ffaa9-9f09-4d70-8778-f48e4a484c44@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Can anybody help me convert this excel formula to access code: > =IF('HF Performance 1'!F19="N/A","N/A",(1+(1+'...

run msgbox code in Word from Access
I think I have a simple coding problem. I have code that creates a Word document and populates it with info from my Access database. When it is done, I want Word, not Access, to display a short message. If I just put in a line that says... MsgBox ("Hello world") the message shows up in Access, not Word. Sorry if this is a silly question. Thanks! Todd And why not do this from Word. That's what you want and that is what makes it possible. A messagebox is modal dialog and will not pop up in word before you are done in Access. I presume you have Word open and active ...

I just want English
I have Office 2007 Pro Plus. I speak English and no character languages. In Outlook, when reading or creating emails, the Office tab also has a character language on it that takes up 5 vertical lines of the screen. I was specific in the setup to only have English and yet the extra language appears anyway. How can I get rid of it? I cannot even find any mention of this in the setup. -- Ray M Ray Office 2007 Pro Plus is a VL version.You need to contact the IT person for this issue from where you purchased this version through the HUP plan. Otherwise contact the free support l...