Where to find thorough introduction to Excel objects

Hi folks,
I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one
was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or
objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated
methods.
Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods.

Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site,  tutorial, or
book for learning?

Thanks
Michael
0
emte69 (54)
2/15/2009 4:39:57 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 08:39:57 -0800 (PST), "Michael.Tarnowski"
<emte69@gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one
>was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or
>objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated
>methods.
>Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods.
>
>Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site,  tutorial, or
>book for learning?

One of the appendices of this book has an exhaustive listing of the object
model.  The appendix is something like 300 pages long.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470046430?v=glance&n=283155&s=books&v=glance
--
Dick Kusleika
Microsoft MVP-Excel

Jeff

"Michael.Tarnowski" <emte69@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
> I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one
> was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or
> objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated
> methods.
> Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods.
>
> Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site,  tutorial, or
> book for learning?
>
> Thanks
> Michael

0
no6882 (45)
2/15/2009 6:54:55 PM
On Feb 15, 7:54 pm, "Jeff" <n...@thanks.com> wrote:
> Are you aware of the Excel object model reference and object model map
> that's available from the VBA window under the Help menu?
>
> Jeff
>
> "Michael.Tarnowski" <emt...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> > Hi folks,
> > I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one
> > was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or
> > objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated
> > methods.
> > Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods.
>
> > Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site,  tutorial, or
> > book for learning?
>
> > Thanks
> > Michael

Dick, Jeff thanks for your hints.
@Dick: I have to more precise: I'am looking for Excel 2003
@Jeff: "Excel object map in the help? - Noop, not aware; where do I
find this? -  I have to admit, I'am not very acquainted with the VB
environment.

Thanks Michael
0
emte69 (54)
2/15/2009 10:50:14 PM
On Feb 15, 7:54 pm, "Jeff" <n...@thanks.com> wrote:
> Are you aware of the Excel object model reference and object model map
> that's available from the VBA window under the Help menu?
>
> Jeff
>
> "Michael.Tarnowski" <emt...@gmx.de> wrote in message

> > Hi folks,
> > I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one
> > was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or
> > objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated
> > methods.
> > Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods.
>
> > Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site,  tutorial, or
> > book for learning?
>
> > Thanks
> > Michael

Dick, Jeff thanks for your hints.
@Dick: I have to more precise: I'am looking for Excel 2003
@Jeff: "Excel object map in the help? - Noop, not aware; where do I
find this? -  I have to admit, I'am not very acquainted with the VB
environment.

Thanks Michael
0
emte69 (54)
2/15/2009 10:51:18 PM
>@Jeff: "Excel object map in the help? - Noop, not aware; where do I

In VBA, enter "Object Model" in help and choose the "Microsoft Excel
Object Model" topic. Also, you can view all objects and their methods
and properties in the Object Browser (F2 in VBA).

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
    Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:51:18 -0800 (PST), "Michael.Tarnowski"
<emte69@gmx.de> wrote:

>On Feb 15, 7:54 pm, "Jeff" <n...@thanks.com> wrote:
>> Are you aware of the Excel object model reference and object model map
>> that's available from the VBA window under the Help menu?
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Michael.Tarnowski" <emt...@gmx.de> wrote in message

>> > Hi folks,
>> > I thumbed through several books on Excel VBA programming, but no one
>> > was a satisfying primer or description of all the Excel classes or
>> > objects giving thorough information on their usage and associated
>> > methods.
>> > Most VBA Excel books shows pre-selections of classes and methods.
>>
>> > Does anybody can recommend an thorough internet site,  tutorial, or
>> > book for learning?
>>
>> > Thanks
>> > Michael
>
>Dick, Jeff thanks for your hints.
>@Dick: I have to more precise: I'am looking for Excel 2003
>@Jeff: "Excel object map in the help? - Noop, not aware; where do I
>find this? -  I have to admit, I'am not very acquainted with the VB
>environment.
>
>Thanks Michael
0
chip1 (1821)
2/15/2009 11:05:55 PM
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:50:14 -0800 (PST), "Michael.Tarnowski"
<emte69@gmx.de> wrote:

>@Dick: I have to more precise: I'am looking for Excel 2003

There's a 2003 version of that book.  But the 2007 version will be 99%
compatible if you can't find a 2003 version.
--
Dick
0
On Feb 16, 2:09 am, Dick Kusleika <dkusle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:50:14 -0800 (PST), "Michael.Tarnowski"
>
> <emt...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >@Dick: I have to more precise: I'am looking for Excel 2003
>
> There's a 2003 version of that book.  But the 2007 version will be 99%
> compatible if you can't find a 2003 version.
> --
> Dick

Thank you all for your hints and tips
Michael