Where's the bottom

I need to know how to set a definate end to a spread sheet, so users d
not scroll past a certain ro

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The definite end to an XL spread sheet is Row 65536.

You can prevent scrolling past, say, Row 100 by putting this code in the
ThisWorkbook module of your workbook (right-click the workbook title bar
and choose View Code):

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
        Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "1:100"
    End Sub

However, this will not prevent the user from entering A101 in the Name
box on the formula bar and making an entry in that cell. To prevent
that, you'll need an event macro in the worksheet code module
(right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code):

    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
        Dim rTemp As Range
        Application.EnableEvents = False
        With Selection
            Set rTemp = Intersect(.Cells, Range("1:100"))
            If Not rTemp Is Nothing Then
                rTemp.Select
            Else
                Cells(100, .Item(1).Column).Resize( _
                    1, .Columns.Count).Select
            End If
        End With
        Application.EnableEvents = True
    End Sub

In article <monagan.1afgzx@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 monagan <<monagan.1afgzx@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> I need to know how to set a definate end to a spread sheet, so users do
> not scroll past a certain row

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/3/2004 7:56:56 PM
Monagan,

You can hide all the rows and colums past your area.  To do that, select the
first row to be hidden (click in the row header), select from there down
(Ctrl-Shift-DownArrow), right click in the selected area and choose Hide.
Same for columns if you wish.

If there is stuff beyond a certain row you wish to be able to see, but not
scroll too, then you have to set the ScrollArea, which requires a macro to
run each time the workbook is opened.  This also limits selection, as well
as scrolling.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"monagan >" <<monagan.1afgzx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I need to know how to set a definate end to a spread sheet, so users do
> not scroll past a certain row
>

> ---

nowhere1083 (630)

I need to do a flyer with a section at bottom to tear off
What I need to do is create a flyer (okay so far) but include at the bottom a section for people to complete with their name & phone number for lucky door prize. I am a first time user on this so apologise in advanceif I have not given enough information Look at the built-in flyers in Publisher. Select flyers, Scroll down to Sale, there are a couple with tear-offs. Tear-offs are simply tables, you can designate the text to be rotated. Select the table, Format, table, cell properties tab, check *Rotate text within AutoShape by 90�* -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.co...

When preparing a booklet how do I see 4 pages at the bottom?
View, Toolbars, Status Bar. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Marie Therese" <Marie Therese @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC2C734E-CAC7-4334-A5DD-5CFBFF5EA46E@microsoft.com... > "Marie Therese" wrote: >When preparing a booklet how do I see 4 pages at the bottom? =========================================== Please include your question in the body of the message. If you are using MS Publisher 2003 or earlier... try going to...View / Status Bar. If you are using Publisher 2007...read the following: How to restore the missing Status Bar (page...

putting my name at the bottom of calendar, contacts, etc.
how do I personalize my calendar, etc. so I can see my name printed out along with the time, etc. ...

how to stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page
how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows vista. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:07:01 -0800, Windows Vista <Windows Vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do you stop opened attachments from reducing to bottom of page in windows >vista. It would appear that this question has nothing to do with Microsoft Access, the subject of this newsgroup. Please scroll down the list of subjects and repost in a Vista forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is no...

How do I format calendar to show weekly top to bottom view?
In print view, I can view my calendar weekly, with list top to bottom. While using the calendar I am unable to access this view (which is much easier to read than the day/month/ set up. How can I make the top to bottom view my default? Trinity Church wrote on Fri, 09 April 2010 16:03 > In print view, I can view my calendar weekly, with list top to bottom. > While using the calendar I am unable to access this view (which is much > easier to read than the day/month/ set up. How can I make the top to bottom > view my default? I'm not certain where oyu see the...

Revealing page/line numbers in bottom status bar in Word 2007
I'd like to see what page and line I'm on when working on a Word document, now that I'm using Word 2007 Ultimate Edition. How can I reveal page and line numbers in the bottom status bar, in the same it was possible in Word 2003? Thanks. Binky;704383 Wrote: > I'd like to see what page and line I'm on when working on a Word document, > now that I'm using Word 2007 Ultimate Edition. How can I reveal page and > line numbers in the bottom status bar, in the same it was possible in Word > 2003? Thanks. Binky, Right click the status ...

adding text at bottom of chart
Hello all: I know I can choose a text box to add text at the bottom of the chart but is there a way to add text directly from the excel workbook so that it lines up with the months and is upadted automatiaclly when i change or enter data: Example: Jan Feb Mar Apr May and so on Vacation 110.5 110.5 119 58.25 254 Sick 100 127 80 344 448.75 and so on Also will need totals. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Carolyn Carolyn - If it's a line or column type of chart, you can add a data table. Right click on the chart, choose Chart Options from the pop up menu, click...

Check on top, 2 bottom stubs
I am going to convert from QuickBooks to GP...my current check stop is check on top, 2 bottom blank stubs...what format should i use within gp? I basically need the stub/stub/check layout to be check/stub/stub Thanks! Andrea, I don't think there is a prebuilt layout for this. If that's the case, unless you have a lot of unused checks left, it might actually cost you less money to order new checks in a format that does exist in GP. I usually prefer the stub top/bottom graphical, that one typically needs the least amount of tweaking. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexibl...

Bottom alignment with baseline in text box
Hi, I have a one-line text box and I'd like the baseline of the text to align with the bottom border. I set the vertical alignment of the text box to "Bottom" and the internal bottom margin to 0, but, of course the descent space still appears between the baseline and the box border, so that the text does not exactly "sits" on the border. As the text is in capital in sans serif font, I don't have any descent in my glyphs, so is there a way to force alignment with the baseline, or do I have to fine-tune manually (not fitting my text box to my guides)? Thanks! Raph...

I cannot move text from the bottom of a page to the next page...h.
Are you referring to cutting and pasting? Autoflow? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A891C1B-1A18-46DD-B398-6AC25145AC60@microsoft.com... > "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A891C1B-1A18-46DD-B398-6AC25145AC60@microsoft.com... > It's a bit hard to answer when I have no idea what version you are working with. I am also you want the text to flow from the bottom of one page to the next page. In that case, in Publisher 2003, click in the text...

How adjust top and bottom margins within a single line edit control?
I have found that I can use SetMargins to adjust the margins to the left and right of text within a (singleline) edit control. I would like to be able to do the same thing with top and bottom margins but I can't find any nice way of doing this. Does anyone know a good solution to this? The solutions I have considered are: (a) Use a multiline edit control and make it function as a single line edit control (if that works). Then use SetRect or SetRectNP to reposition the 'formatting rectangle' (these only work with multiline edit controls). OR... (b) Use WM_NCCALCSIZE to ...

how to make that the subform can grow without running over the textboxes at the bottom of the mainform.
Hi I have mainform that contains textboxes then subform datasheet beneath and after that there is a textboxes again. The problem is when the mainform grows it runs over the textboxes that at the button of the main form. I need to know how to make that the subform can grow without running over the textboxes at the bottom of the mainform. Thanks Set the Can Grow attribute for the detail section, assuming that's where the various controls are located. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191388299.890979.46580@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.co...

word page view: can't resize window + blank at bottom
I fairly often get glitches when viewing Word doc's in page view mode. What is most irritating is that I am not allowed to resize the window; plus, there is a little blank rectangle at bottom that takes up ~1/5 of the page. When this happens, pagination is not shown at bottom as well. Any recommendations on whether I should e.g. trash certain files and retry? (I trashed prefs, to little avail.) It also seems to be related to specific doc's emailed to me, generally from Windows machines, but not exclusively so. Thanks, Jim P. Really, haven't a clue. This sounds very unfamili...

Bottom line of page border does not print
The page border prints only the top and side lines. Error message says it is outside of the printable page. How do I get the whole border to print? Ed wrote: > The page border prints only the top and side lines. Error message > says it is outside of the printable page. How do I get the whole > border to print? See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

How to stop the bottom of flyer from being cut off when I print
I have tried everything imaginable, but no matter what I do the bottom of my page gets cut off (at least an inch of it). I've tried fixing the footer, the margins, etc. The only way I can get it to print on plain paper without cutting off the bottom is setting the paper to Photo Paper. The problem with that is I'm really using Plain paper and the color of the ink is not as true as it should be. What do I need to do to fix this. This flyer can only have a margin of approximately 1/4 inch at the bottom. HELP!!!! "Micker" <Micker@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do I get a graph to show the highest value at the bottom
I am trying to make a chart that will put a higher number at the base of the graph instead of at the top. For instance if I was plotting league positions then the higher I go the lower the number. At the moment the graph is showing a rise to the lower position! On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to make a chart that will put a higher number at the base of the >graph instead of at the top. Go to the value axis format dialogue, and choose "Scale.. Values in Reverse Order". For more detai...

Calculate conditiona total at bottom of continuous form.
Hi, I'm running Access via XP Office Pro on Windows 7 Pro. Background: --------------------------------------------------- I'm working on a cash receipts data entry form to track Sunday contributions for a church. We enter the cash and checks in a batches of 20 contribution envelopes. At the time the batches are created, the people do not look inside the evelope to determine if the envelope contains cash or a check. The next person to handle the batch runs a adding machine / calculator tape on the batch. The next person to handle the batches enters them into the...

freezing panes at the bottom...perhaps in microsoft script editor
i want to "freeze panes" in excel; but i want the frozen pane to be th bottom part and i want the top part to scroll. Is there any way o doing this, perhaps in microsoft script editor? If so, please give m the HTML code or whatever instructions or advice possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not supported with freeze panes. May want to try split panes. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy nadirdada <nadirdada.yg0lx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:nadirdada.yg0lx@excelforum-nospam.com... > i want to "freeze panes" in excel; but i want the fr...

Top 5 in group and bottom 5 in group
I have an spreadsheet that has different sales reps in column A. In column B is the District the sales rep resides in. There could be many sales reps per District. In column C are the number of sales the sales rep had. Is there a way to get PER DISTRICT the top 5 employees according to their number of sales? For example, in District1 John Doe $2M District1 Jack Doe $1.5M District1 Suzy Doe $1M etc. District2 Michael Doe $5M District2 Michelle Doe $4.5M etc. Thanks so much. This gets the name of the top person =INDEX(B1:B100,MATCH(LARGE(...

How do I delete extra rows at the bottom of an excel worksheet?
I have several worksheets that has thousands of empty rows which end up making the overall workbook an extremely large file. Is there a way to delete these rows without creating a new worksheet? Excel worksheets have 65536 rows and 256 columns. These cannot be deleted. They can be hidden. Perhaps the "used range" Excel has estimated is not correct and appears too large. See Debra Dalgleish's site for methods of re-setting the used range on a sheet. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:37:02 -0700, "WSD Anal...

Some photos split in Publisher
Sometimes Publisher splits a picture - duplicating a strip of sky from the top of the picture and adding it to the bottom. It's only seen during printing - not on the work screen. Have you gone to your printer's manufacturer's web site and looked around for an updated driver? This isn't a Publisher issue. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AF20F7-33BF-466F-8A40-9A9AB56875FB@microsoft.com... > Sometimes Publisher splits ...

Lost top and Bottom margins
I have lost the top and bottom margins on new documents. I have tried resetting using the Margins box and even though these have the correct values in them, there are no top and bottom margins on the document. I must have done something inadvertantly to overide the settings shown. Closing down and restarting does not overcome the problem. How can I recover ? -- Many Thanks Timbalyghe See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups t...

Positioning x axis at bottom of chart with negative values
Im using Office 2007 and have a simple line chart with negative values on the Y axis. I have ticked the 'values in reverse order' on the Y axis but the X axis flipped to the top of the chart. How can I keep it at the bottom please? Thank you Format the y-axis and specify what value is to cross the x-axis best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Debs1967" <Debs1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B62818F0-EC87-4E95-812F-F58F3931C0BA@microsoft.com... > Im using Office 2007 and have a simple...

How will the Footer div stick to bottom of screen?

How do I draw a line from top to bottom on my chart?
I have a chart on a form which reflects data based on some selections by the user. The range of values can be small (1-10), or large (38000-70000) or whatever the user requests. The data reflects actual and predicted values over several months in the past and the future. At the point at which today is on the chart, I need a line that goes from the top of the chat to the bottom. If I select the highest data value in order to draw this today line, access divides the vertical access into major units that usually exceed this value. e.g. my highest value is 97 - access gives me a maximu...