Where does Ms XL store the clipboard ? or where does MS Windows store clipboard ?

Dear Members

Where does Ms XL store the clipboard ? or where does MS  Windows store
clipboard ?

Vital Stats :
- Using a Win XP Machine
- using medium sized (100 rows, 20 column) sp sheets on MS Excel 2003
(MS Office 2003)

My Machine is networked so that "my documents" directory  is backed up
on a server automatically

I face problems while copying (some error messages re. clipboard etc)

I suspect that it has something to do with the backing up of my
documents or standard files

I also see some reduction in speed .... any pointers on precautions to
take on networked computers is welcome

any help / pointers would be appreciated

regards
subu
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On May 5, 9:33=A0am, Subu <mail_to_s...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Members
>
> Where does Ms XL store the clipboard ? or where does MS =A0Windows store
> clipboard ?
>
> Vital Stats :
> - Using a Win XP Machine
> - using medium sized (100 rows, 20 column) sp sheets on MS Excel 2003
> (MS Office 2003)
>
> My Machine is networked so that "my documents" directory =A0is backed up
> on a server automatically
>
> I face problems while copying (some error messages re. clipboard etc)
>
> I suspect that it has something to do with the backing up of my
> documents or standard files
>
> I also see some reduction in speed .... any pointers on precautions to
> take on networked computers is welcome
>
> any help / pointers would be appreciated
>
> regards
> subu

Outlook or Windows Mobile 6 problem???
I recently got a Samsung Blackjack II Windows Mobile device, which I like way more than the Palm Treo 650 it replaced. There is one problem, however, which I describe below. I'm posting this message in this group because Samsung Level III support claims the problem is caused by outlook data corruption, not a bug in WM 6. I also posted a description of this problem in two Microsoft.pocketpc usenet groups and no one replied. Here is my problem description, which describes behavior on the WM 6 device: 1. If I am entering data into any application, or trying to send a text message, abou...

What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications?
What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications? Perhaps it got Stressed out :-). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roger Dunn" <roger@rogndeb.us> wrote in message news:52961478.0406151549.2b7cf241@posting.google.com... > What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications? Do you mean Windows 3.1, Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, WinXP, or the newer more 'creatively named' version. The current name of all of these applications is more correctly termed "Microsoft Stress for Windows Users". B. H. Roger Dunn wr...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-21-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other members. ...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

How to execute Stored Procedure from QSRules.Session object in .NE
Last time I accidently posted question under wrong subject.. My question is: I am building COM add-ins to POS with VB.NET I'd like to use QSRules.Session.Database to run stored procedure But I don't know how. Procedure has one input parameter and the other is output parameter. Can anyone know how I should do that? Thanks, Ene ...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Prob. when viewing my XL graph thru internet...
Hi. A problem which may or may not be due to Excel: I have some files, protected and with some sheets hidden, which I am using to show graphs and data on the internet. I want the viewer to be able to copy off the data (so they are saved as .xls files. The problem is, when I view the file in internet explorer, the chart sheet in which the file is opened will have a different size (the chart expands to fill the whole screen). The other chart sheets are fine. ??? Also, #1 the chart toolbar appears (don't want or need it) and #2 when I hit Back, a prompt to save appears (unwanted, ...

Problem copy/pasting images from IE8 to MS Office 2007
I've got a weird problem that just started happening last week on one of my PCs (running Vista Home Premium). If I copy an image from IE8, and paste it into MS Office (Word, PPT, Outlook) the first one works fine, but then when I paste subsequent images, I get a copy of the first one. I'm not sure how to clear the clipboard, but I don't think that's even the problem. It gets more weird... When I paste the second time (or any subsequent copy/pastes after the first), it knows the size of whatever item I copied to the clipboard, but it pastes the first image distorted...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

exchange store backup problem
I have a job slotted for every night. It does the following 1. ntbackup server state to a backup file A on harddriv 2. ntbackup exchange store to a backup file B on harddriv 3. ntbackup entire server (excluding server state and exchange store) to 8mm mammouth driv This works great most of the time. My problem is, about once a week when it gets mid way through step 2 the server will just shutdown. It almost feels like a hardware problem but that it does not do it all the time. In fact it did it this last weekend and that was the first time it had done it in about 3-4 weeks.. but ...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

MS Excel #3
Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =IF(A1>0,-A1,A1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Gav" <Gav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7EDC7FA-078E-430C-86F0-A1DBB858D325@microsoft.com... > Does any one know the formula for converting positive figures to Negatives =if(a1>0,-a1,a1) or ... =-abs(a1) ========== If you're careful, you can do this without formulas. Put -1 in an empty cell copy that cell select your cells to change (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent) edit|paste special|check multiply Clean ...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Excel slow to open workbook when I double-click in Windows
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 on a brand new PC (Intel Core 2 Duo; 2.53 GHz; 3.21 GB RAM; Windows XP Pro). I have installed and started using several applications already and this PC has been very fast and responsive. I am having an issue opening workbooks in Excel. If I open Excel first and then click on the Office button and choos Open, I can open up a workbook very quickly. However, when I double-click on a workbook in Windows (without having Excel open previously), it takes a *very* long time for the workbook to open. I just timed it at exactly one minute. I was wondering if anyone...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Replaced motherboard due to hardware failure, it's not identical. Repair installation of Windows XP completed but now stuck in Logon-Activation loop.
Dear Group, An ASUS motherboard failed in a Win XP Pro pc belonging to a friend of mine, so I have replace it for her. Asus no longer make this mobo, it's not available so I bought a board from ASrock with the same socket, however the ASUS board had NVidia chipset while the ASRock uses AMD chipset. It's socket 939 and these are hard to come by now. Windows XP repair installation has been completed, it starts normally and offers logon to the pc or the domain controller. I select the pc and after a couple of seconds a Windows Product Activation message appears: "...

Windows Pro C.O.A. Question
I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. It's used and the machine didn't come with a restore disk, and there is no restore partition. But the COA sticker is attached to the bottom of the machine. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2. If I have to reinstall the operating system, can I use the OEM version and use the laptop's COA to activate Windows? I realize that I may have to hunt down drivers such as WiFi and sound if they aren't included with my OEM copy. Thanks Don wrote: > I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows X...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...