what's the best way to convert a table in Excel to Powerpoint or WORD then PDF?

Hi all,

How to convert Excel tables into an object with high quality which are
suitable for presentation in Powerpoint or report in WORD then PDF
format? Please give me some advice! Thank you!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No need to do a conversion.  Click on INSERT in the menu and select OBJECT.

Click the CREATE FROM FILE  option button and then browse to the correct
folder and select the file you want to insert.  Click OK twice to return to
your application.

If the file does not exist you can click the CREATE NEW option button,
select the application document type and then start typing.
--
Kevin Backmann

"LunaMoon" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How to convert Excel tables into an object with high quality which are
> suitable for presentation in Powerpoint or report in WORD then PDF
> format? Please give me some advice! Thank you!

0
kbackmann (28)
8/25/2008 8:56:02 PM
LunaMoon lunamoonmoon@gmail.com wrote previously in microsoft.public.excel:

> Hi all,
>
> How to convert Excel tables into an object with high quality which are
> suitable for presentation in Powerpoint or report in WORD then PDF
> format? Please give me some advice! Thank you!

Load the excel file in OpenOffice and select "export as PDF".
0
ap23562m (1)
8/25/2008 9:00:25 PM
For both apps:
.. copy the source range in Excel
.. go to the target document/presentation
.. use Edit|Paste Special and choose the 'Excel object' format
Note: if you also choose the 'Link' option, any changes to your Excel file can be updated in the target file without the need to
redo the copy/paste process.

--
Cheers
macropod

"LunaMoon" <lunamoonmoon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cdbcf712-9a7d-4b94-8482-bdfccb3409b2@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> How to convert Excel tables into an object with high quality which are
> suitable for presentation in Powerpoint or report in WORD then PDF
> format? Please give me some advice! Thank you!

0
macropod1 (83)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Inserting form values into a table

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Excel DNS query

Converting XML > Dataset
Hi ! Here's my problem in english :-) I want to convert the mssecure.xml file from Microsoft into an dataset to store it in an SQL-Database. My code in VB looks like this : Dim ds As New DataSet Dim doc As New Xml.XmlDocument doc.Load("D:\mssecure.xml") Dim sReader As New StringReader(doc.InnerXml) ds.ReadXml(sReader) The problem is : At the ds.readxml(sreader) command i get an error which told me, that there is an problem whith a relationship in "ProductFamilies" I hope my english is good enough to explain... Please help ! Thanks !!! Christoph Duesmann C...

Excel Problem

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

set default record to a table
I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible? Maybe this is a matter of terminology... In Access, data is stored in tables. Each table has it's own records (collections of related data). When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look at the same data (i.e., table)? Next, why? What is it about ...

Purchase Resolution Tables
PRW tables in Great Plains - are these tables temporary tables populated only when the purchase resolution is run? Im asking because i want to extract data in crystal from the PRW40034 table but cant seen any PRW tables via crystal. Thanks Theo :) I reckon these PRW tables are names of once before existing tables in earlier versions of GP - i believe the tables I want are the MPO tables If this is 100% (im at about 95% with this) its a shame MBS havent cleared up the table list to NOT show tables that are no longer used. Theo :) "Theo" wrote: > PRW tables in Great Plains -...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Is there a way to schedule a email to send out at a certain time?
I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm which should be 8am also. Please help! "Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395D87B-2982-4800-8522-165781125E6A@microsoft.com... >I tried delay the mail, but the sent hour is not right. > For example, the email should go out at 8am, but the sent time is 5:30pm > which should be 8am also. Please help! The Sent time and the delivery time are completely separate. The Sent time that people will see w...

Weighted Average Calculations for Pivot Tables
How does one implement weighted averages in pivot tables. Assume Bonds Interest Rate 100,000 .06 200,000 .04 800,000 .10 Weighted Average Interest Rate is .0927 (I normally do this using sumproduct(col a,col b)/sum(col a) I would like to be able to perform this in a pivot table with the weighted average calc being a grand total. You can see how this can be useful and expanded once the basics are found. Any ideas. ffrazz ...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...