Web Query #8

HI Sir,
 I am scrapping my brokerage account website, I am currently
scrapping  using groovy  and JAVA...
As you may know it is like lot of hard work for me...So i was planning
to use web query, which is simple and fast.

I did not find a means by which i first login to the website then i
parse other pages depending on the logic that i give in my VBA code.

TO do the above feature, i need to maintain the session(websession)

My questions:
 1. Can i maintain websession in excel ?
  2. Is there some help or sample application that does this kind of
work from which i can take inspiration.

Thanks for all ur help? I appreciate taht.

thanks n regards DBABA

0
souravmd (4)
1/24/2009 7:43:07 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

pst file #8
Hi, How come my .pst file which resides on a network drive does not seem to report that the file date is current? Is there any other file that needs to be backed up in order to properly restore a pst file from backup. Exactly where do you look to verify the location of the pst file that is in use. peter thank you peter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How come my .pst file which resides on a network drive > does not seem to report that the file date is current? You do realize, don't you, that PSTs on network drives are unsupported by Microsoft and that ...

Unmatched query wizard??
I have succesfully made a Unmatched query using the wiz. I changed the query to a delete query, but when I run it, it asks me which table do i want to delete the records from. I keep screaming at it 'what do you mean which table isn't it obvious', but that doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this please. Regards Geeves1293 Use a subquery to select the unmatched records This example deletes records in tblInvoice that have no matching records in tblInvoiceDetail: DELETE FROM tblInvoice WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT InvoiceID FROM tblInvoiceDetail ...

Sub-Query not reflecting changes to the master query it uses
Error in Access 2007: Changes to criteria in a query used as master query are not reflected in sub-queries (which refer directly, and only, to that master query) unless the database is closed then re-opened. Why? I'm using XL professional, have 1gb ram, Access 2007 installed as part of Office 2007. I'm using one table; all of my sub-queries refer to a master query within my database. Ex: If I make a change to my master query so that it collects a limited range of dates, and then switch to a sub-query referring to that master, the change in records shown in the master is not...

Append Query problem
I have an Append Quey that works fine when you right click on the query ("ReaderIndCancelProforma_Append") and choose open INSERT INTO Reader_DistrHistory ( DistrId, [Reader Id], [Date on mailing list], TypeId, ReasonId, Reason, [Date off mailing list] ) SELECT Reader_DistrCurrent.DistrId, Reader_DistrCurrent.[Reader Id], Reader_DistrCurrent.[Date on mailing list], 6 AS Type, 15 AS Reas, [Forms]![Reader_CancelProforma]![Remarks] AS Remark, Now() AS off FROM Reader_DistrCurrent WHERE (((Reader_DistrCurrent.[Reader Id])=[Forms]![Reader_DB]![Reader Id])); The problem I hav...

Can't get OWA display correctly in a web browser
We are running a single Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 without the Window firewall turned on. We can’t seem to be able to get OWA to work. If http://servername/exchange is entered in a web browser, we do get prompted to put in our login name. Passed this point, OWA seems like it is trying to load, but the only things the user sees is the word “loading” and the icons next to the items such as “Inbox”, “Calendar” and “Contact” on the left hand side are nothing but boxes with a red X in the middle. I did some research on Microsoft’s KB and found an art...

parameter query help
hi, im trying to selct a range of values from an access table to bring into excel filtered by the resluts of a calcalation in excel.(both 2003) however i need the range to be greater than one cell and less than another but all i can do is make the parameter = one cell. can anybopy please help. i may be doing something simple wrong or i may be going mad!! ...

update VBA from query
Hi all, Is it possible to update a vba code variable from a query called from the VBA code. EG docmd.openquery "testquery" ' has one filed that returns a number get returned value from query to use here T = return from query If so how do do this. regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 00:51:56 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi all, > >Is it possible to update a vba code variable from a query...

How to query from two worksheets
I have two worksheets: WS1, contains Jobs each with one or many Qualifications Requirements WS2, contains Employees each with one or many Qualifications For each Job, I would to assess the Required Qualification(s) an identify all Employees that have the required Qualification(s). For example, - Job Asst Terminal Manager must have Qualifications Radio Trainin and First Aid. - If any employees that have both the Radio and First Aid should b extracted. How would I achieve this in Excel 2002? Thanks. Masa -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It would be possible to do t...

Transpose/ Crosstab query
Hi, I have a report that needs to look like this. Depart July-A July-B June-A June-B May-A May-b abc 34% 89% 55% 89% 45% 77% def 45% 56% 100% 45% 67% 88% In the query and report it looks like this Month Depart Precentage July-A abc 34% July-B abc 89% July-A def 45% July-B def 56% I've tried a cross tab but it only allows for 1 value. I tried two crosstab and then join them in a new query but it doesn't update for new months(E.G. August) TIA Hello Gilbert. "GILBERT" w...

Web Page
Help! I am making a school web page using MS Publisher. When I try and preview my page, it only shows up on the left 1/3 of the screen. How can I see it as a full web page? Even when I press Full Page, it only shows up as part of the screen. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Lindsay <olsenl@calistoga.k12.ca.us>... > I am making a school web page using MS Publisher. When I > try and preview my page, it only shows up on the left 1/3 > of the screen. How can I see it as a full web page? > Even when I press Full Page, it only shows up...

querying unrelated tables
I have two tables - Employee_PunchTime table and Holidays Table. The PunchTime table contains three fields representing EmployeeID, Time-in and Time-out; and the Holiday table contains two fields representing name of holiday and the date. If the payroll period is 5/31/2010 (Mon) thru 6/4/2010 (Fri) and 5/31/2010 is a paid holiday, I need to create a query that shows punched time and paid holiday on a separate column. On the paid holiday, there would obviously be no Time-In and Time-Out record. It will look something like this: EmpID Date Time-in Time-out Paid ...

Access Denied only to Project Web Access
We are running the demo ProjectServer2007 all on one server. I have set it up literally 10 times now, all with the same issues. I set it up using Kerberos, making sure to set the SPN's and account delegate permissions as all the instructions say out there (another question, should I use Kerberos or just NTLM?). So, this single Windows 2003 server is also a domain controller in our Windows 2003/2008 domain environment (one DC is 2008 and this one is 2003). So this server is running SQL 2005, Windows 2003 as a domain controller, and then the install for Project Server 200...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

How to eliminate duplicate value from displaying in query result
I have a master table that link to a detail table. The query will return the name column from the Master table as well as other information from the detail table. The relationship between the master and detail is one-to-many, so when I link these two tables, the name from the Master table will be duplicated when the query result display. Can I just show the name once for the return result from the Master table and subsequent rows will have name shown as blank while display the rest of the info from detail table. Any help will be very much appreciated. There's no point in doing this or ...

MS Query
We are attempting to use MS Query - we get to the end of the Wizard and before the Query windows opens the error 'Syntax error in FROM clause' appears. The message on the error reads 'Driver Error - This error was returned by the driver. For more information, check the documentation for the driver you are currently using'. I double checked from the downloads on Microsoft site, and it appears to be correct. We are using Excel 2002. Help! ...

Find Duplicates Query Wizard Question
After using the duplicate wizard, what is the next step? Do I manually select the records individually and manually delete each one while the query is opened? Thank you! I would first try and figure out why you have duplicates. Do you have duplicates in the table? If not, sometimes you get the joins wrong on the query and it creates duplicates. I you have dupes in the tables, I would rethink my table design to try and get the table normalized properly or delete them at the table level. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "NFL" wrote: > After us...

HOWTO query by passing a parameter from Infopath 20007 to a Microsoft Access 2007 database?
Hello, I have a Microsoft Access 2007 database foobar.accdb with two tables Student(ID|FirstName|LastName) and Scores(ID|ScoreA|ScoreB) with a primary-foreign key relation on the field 'ID'. I want to create an Infopath form that can submit new students to the 'Student' table and also be able to retreive information from the 'Scores' table. The Infopath form should be able to take 'ID' field as user input and then query based on it. I created a data connection to the database using the wizard. I created a submit connection first to the 'Student&...

Big problems with a Query

Extracting one out of multiple query advise
Hi I have a table of clients and all clients are duplicated (by company name & postcode) once or more in the table. Each client record has a date created filed. Is there a way to extract from each group of duplicated clients the one client that has the earliest data created? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in news:utBga5dFIHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl: > As an example, if I have the following records > > CompanyA PostcodeA 01/01/07 ID1 > CompanyA PostcodeA 01/02/07 ID2 > > CompanyB Post...

Reloaded Ver.8 and Ver.9 and website .pub file
I need help, please. I created a website in the mid 80's using MSPublisher. I have continually upgraded my program, and the website using MSPub, and now I am running Ver. 8.10. I recently lost my hard drive; however, I have a good backup of my website .pub file. Unfortunately, after reloading Ver. 8.10 (and also using trying demo Ver. 9), MSPublisher will no longer read the website .pub file - it does however read and display my other .pub files. I keep getting an error window which says "The specified file cannot be identified as a supported type"; the file name is &q...

Word 2007 web address previously shown in the 2003 web toolbar
I can't find the complete web address previously shown in the word 2003 web toolbar. Does anyone know where it's located? Open Customize Quick Access Toolbar, then commands not in the ribbon, then document location "mlederer" wrote: > I can't find the complete web address previously shown in the word 2003 web > toolbar. Does anyone know where it's located? ...

Client Server Application. (NET?, MFC?, COM?, WEB SERVICE?...)???
Hi All, I have to develop an application Client Server (IN C++). (This application controls the stock of a supermarket.) The db is SQL Server Which is the better choice? MFC or Windows Forms. MFC whit COM or Web Services. Windows Forms whit COM or Web Services. .. as should be this? I am confused. Thank you very much. ...

Help writing an SQL query.
Hi all. I'm new to access and trying to write a contacts database for a college project. A contact can have many disciplines, and each discipline can have many subdisciplines. This means the contact can have many subdisciplines. I have created a disicpline and subdicipline table, created a realtionship between the 2. I have a subform which allows the user to select the discipline and subdiscipline from a table that links the two tables. What I cannot do though is filter the subform so that when the user selects a discipline, only the relevant subdisciplines are shown. How can I do th...

How many OR conditions can be in a query?
I know you can only have up to 9 OR conditions in a query if you use the grid, but if you type the OR conditions all on the criteria line, how many can you have? Kim There are functions you might use instead of multiple OR's -- for example, in the selection criterion "cell", you might use: In('Red','Green','Yellow','Blue','Puce') Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "KimPotter" <KimPotter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94905619-D13A-4B2B-84ED-8D5338CC8D37@microsoft.com... >I know...

Outlook web access #25
Hi I have a network authenticated website that users log into using their domain account. I want to put a link to outlook web access and somehow have credentials passed on so they dont need to log in again. Is this possible? How? I see Small business server has done it with the /remote site. Thanks in advance Jon PS sorry for crosspost, not sure which group to aim at! Yes, this is possible... You have to use powerfull of LDAP Technology "JJ" wrote: > Hi > > I have a network authenticated website that users log into using their > domain account. I want to ...