We're Talking Basic (I think)

I am creating a price list. BIG. I want to be able to go into
the price list and apply a percentage increase throughout every
cell that has a dollar value. :rolleyes:  Change the prices by th
percent desired, drag and drop into a layout, print and send t
customers.:confused:

I have no Excel experience to speak of and no "User handbook"). :eek:

What say? Anyone who can help? :confused:

Thank you.

gwhayduk
gwhayduke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3688
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56604

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I am just searching through posts and there are alot of people in m
shoes. Hopefully I can get what I need from previous posts

--
gwhayduk
gwhayduke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3688
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56604

Assuming you want all prices raised by 10%

Enter 1.1  in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.  Select all the other cells with prices.

Edit>Paste Special>Multiply>OK>Esc.

Delete cell with the 1.1

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:51:21 -0400, gwhayduke
<gwhayduke.2bnx9r_1154102106.9457@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I am creating a price list. BIG. I want to be able to go into
>the price list and apply a percentage increase throughout every
>cell that has a dollar value. :rolleyes:  Change the prices by the
>percent desired, drag and drop into a layout, print and send to
>customers.:confused:
>
>I have no Excel experience to speak of and no "User handbook"). :eek:
>
>What say? Anyone who can help? :confused:
>
>Thank you.
>
>GW

0
Gord

Visual Basic Error triggered by Outlook.
A friend has the following message come up whenever he rplies or forwards and email. MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC Compile error in hidden module: Auto Exec Does anyone know what this is and how toi fix it? Thanks Mekon That means that they are using Word as the Outlook editor and there's some macro that executes when Word starts up that is improperly written. Use Windows Explorer to find and delete a file named Normal.dot and see if that fixes it. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Mana...

Another M05 Peeve: what were they thinking?
A new Money file created by M05 has an expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfer". Note that this is not the Transfer we are familiar with or the Credit Card Payment we are familiar with. It's a new expense category guaranteed to confuse further the meaning and rationale for the other two. That's REALLY BRILLIANT! Let's add something that has a 100% probability of confusing new users. Way to go! Hey, I know better. So, in a way, it doesn't matter to me. But I've been willing to invest time, energy, and money helping people who show up in the newsgrou...

I think an easy Conditional Formatting ?
I'm trying to write a Conditional Formatting formula for cell C11, if the number in Cell A10 is greater than 1. I've been trying this without getting the results that I want: =A10>=1 This formula will fill cell C11, however when value in A10 is removed, C11 still remains with that fill, when I want it to be unformatted. Any ideas? Thanks Try this formula instead: =3DAND(A10<>"",A10>=3D1) Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 23, 5:57=A0pm, Scott <Sc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to write a Conditional ...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #7
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Deduction up to be a percentage of Basic Salary
Dear Sir, The only options to use to have the system calculate the deduction on a percentage would be of Gross or Net wages. The option to set a deduction up to be a percentage of Basic Salary is not available in the Great Plains Payroll. Can they add it with the new relase 9.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

Why does word think staff can be pluralised to staffs?
Whenever I'm typing up a document and put in a statement like: Staff are always encouraged to do the right thing. Why is it that Word always wants me to change it to one of two things: 1. Staffs are always encouraged to do the right thing, or; 2. Staff is always encouraged to do the right thing. Both suggested sentences are wrong and my original sentence is correct. I've noticed this (and similar) problems with the grammar checker for a long time, has no-one pointed this out before or is it a really tricky rule to program? Technically, "staff" is a singular no...

Basic question: Grids or no grids
How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all I suppose you mean gridlines ? Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" under Window options > OK -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "rs" <r_schiller@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message news:ldedneU5D-IhaVjenZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@comcast.com... > How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each > cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all > ...

help
hi, I have a real problem - that is getting to me, ok here goes sheet 1 lists transactions by departments on sheet 2 I would like to be able to add up the transactions for each dept. The problem is that the dept is column D but the amount is Column I any ideas ? David A Pivot Table is what you want. You can use the data on sheet1 and put the results on sheet2 If you are not familiar with Pivot Tables, see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm -- Gary's Student "David Cleland" wrote: > hi, > > I have a real problem - that is getting to me,...

needing a formula i think?
I'm not familiar with excel, but i have a list of 2400 items that i need to narrow down to items less than a certain amount. someone help me? Yes if you give a bit (a lot ! ) more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Mirida" <Mirida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E02A4CC7-C5A4-4A15-BFD3-CB3A5C8ED954@microsoft.com... > I'm not familiar with excel, but i have a list of 2400 items that i need > to > narrow down to items less than a certain amount. someone help me?...

It's real mail, but Outlook thinks its junk!
Every day more and more of my legitimate email is being tagged as junk email. The "Junk E-Mail Type" field is being filled with the value "Junk E-Mail" and the email was tossing itself into my deleted items folder. So I created a new rule: Apply this rule after the message arrives suspected to be junk e-mail or from Junk Senders move it to the Possible Junk folder. but almost everything that is sent to it is real email, not junk. None of the senders are in the junk senders list, and none of them contain words which would be considered junk. When I try to create a rule f...

reinstalando la ayuda para el editor visual basic, o algo, pero necesito que funcione
hola a todos: tengo el problema que navegando por la ayuda de excel en el editor de visual basic la mitad de las veces me falla que si un script no ha podido ejecutar no se que y la otra mitad simplemente no aparece mas que una ventana de ayuda completamente en blanco hay forma de repara esto ?? acutalmente estoy intentando trabajar con ADODB, y aunque me carga la libreria perfectamente en el object browser, no consigo ver la ayuda de ningun objeto, tanto con F1 como con el icono, simplemente me carga una ventana en blanco please, alguien sabe alguna solucion ?? sorry, I have miss the ...

Coding Today's Date In Visual Basic
I'm writing some code in Visual Basic and want to to be able to name a sheet today's date whenever the macro is run? Is there a way to do this? lj wrote: > I'm writing some code in Visual Basic and want to to be able to name a > sheet today's date whenever the macro is run? Is there a way to do > this? if you want to do this you are going to have to remove the "/"'s from the date. Excel will not allow tham to be part of a worksheet name. Worksheets.Add.Name = Format(Date,"dd-mmm-yyyy") -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in emai...

thread talking to CView
I have a thread collecting data from outside, but need to update the CView to display the data, how to send those info to CView, SendMessage? any other graceful ways ? pat Patrick Zou wrote: > I have a thread collecting data from outside, but need to update the CView > to display the data, how to send those info to CView, SendMessage? any other > graceful ways ? > > pat > > You probably should use PostMessage. (SendMessage blocks your sending thread, and under some circumstances this creates a deadlock.) This shows how to do it: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/mfc/12...

Anyone know where I can get a basic market mapping template?
Anyone know where I can get a basic market mapping template? ...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Some basic excel help.
I have tried a number of methods to solve 2 problems and just cannot get it right, I thought conditional formatting might do problem 1 but no joy, so I would appreciate any guidance . 1) I have a basic spread sheet which is as follows. Hours Rate Total Acuum Row 4 would read the total (D4) as =sum( b4*c4) and the accum(E4) would read =sum(e3+d4) So I have a number of hours multiplied by a variable rate which is entered into the total cell for each row., this value is added to the previous rows accum (total) to give a new ( running ) accum ( total ) on the row. Each row therefore has H...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

Biz Talk Server and CRM
Hi, Has anybody used the biz talk server to connect CRM with an external Sequel database? Jerry our email address is at: ibizinitiatives dott com Yes, we have used BizTalk to integrate MSCRM with other applications. "Jerry Weinstock" <find my email address @ iBizInitiatives.com> wrote in message news:%23PqJ9SZZDHA.1748@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Hi, Has anybody used the biz talk server to connect CRM with an external Sequel database? Jerry our email address is at: ibizinitiatives dott com ...

I think I have it right this time!!! Sorry!
Please help! I'm desperate and frustrated! RE: MONEY 2004 Standard I set up all new Categories and Sub-Categories before I started. Then I post a Transaction, using "OTHER INCOME : Gifts" I double check check the spelling, the case etc, All OK In both MONTHLY REPORT and BUDGET, the sub-category reads: subcategory blank I doube check, triple check...Other Income-Gifts IS in the main list of categories, and it's in the transaction posting! Please help?? So: - somewhere in Budget and in Monthly Report you see the words "OTHER INCOME" and "subcategory b...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Basic Database Questions
1) Is there a setting that I can make in Access 2007 so that my queries open in design view instead of running when I double-click them? 2) How can I paste text or number values to repeat in a range of table cells (like I can do in Excel)? Now I'm using an append query. Thanks in advance. Re 1: Right-click the query in the Nav Pane, and choose design view. Alternatively, select it in the Nav Pane, and use Ctrl+Enter. Re 2: You will need to design the Append query to repeat the value if you want it stored on multiple rows. A subquery might be the easiest way to do that: http:/...

Training manual/presentation for BASIC Outlook 2003
I'm looking for a BASIC overview manual and/or powerpoint presentation for training Outlook 2003 to new users. Can anyone help me? I can't find anything that is a basic overview online. ...

Basic Question on autocomplete function
Hi everyone, my first time on the forum and my first thread. I apologize if this is already located on the forum here. I tried searching, but came up with many unrelated threads so I thought I'd give this a shot. I am trying to auto complete a link to another worksheet by corner dragging a formula over a ROW in one worksheet FROM data in the COLUMN of another worksheet. In other words: Worksheet 1: E9, F9, G9, should point to (respectively), Worksheet 2: C2, C3, C4 The auto complete formula function does not recognize what I'm trying to do. And I have to do this with t...

Visual Basic Question #2
I'm trying to put together a macro that looks to see if a particular word exists within a range in an excel spreadsheet and continues with specific instructions if it does. I know an if / then statment can be used to look within one particular cell, can it be used to look within a range of cells or better yet within a pivot table? If so what is what is the code for this? Also, is there a way to have visual basic go to a particular cell where a word is located within a pivot table or spreadsheet (a find function)? Thanks for your help lj Does this help Sub FindSomething() Dim fnd As...

exe that opens an app that talks to an MDE -- security question
Hello everyone -- I've inherited an interesting mess. We have multiple apps where you start the app by running an EXE, the data is in MDE files, and Access security is enabled. The person who established this is long gone, and any source or development notes are also long gone. Apps are breaking, and we're trying to straighten out the mess. I need to at least recover the data so we can build new supportable apps. I'm an Access geek, and have created a few secured Access apps along the way, so I understand the general landscape, but this environment is throwing...