Warning when clicking hyperlink

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Excel 2003 and I have noticed an annoyance I can
not seem to disable. I have a spreadsheet containing a large list of IP
addresses that contain a telnet:// hyperlink for each IP. I use this
spreadsheet so that I can quickly look up a location, click the IP, and
telnet to the location's main router.

Since upgrading to Excel 2003, when I click on the hyperlink a warning
dialog pops up stating 'Opening telnet://xx.xx.xx.xx/  Hyperlinks can be
harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer, click only
those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to continue?'

Can this be disabled, an if so where do I disable it? I did not see anything
in the options.

Thanks,

Chris Miller

0
cmmiller (1)
11/5/2003 8:15:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Chris

A registry fix from Jim Rech.......

http://snurl.com/2uq3

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:15:06 -0500, "Chris Miller" <cmmiller@sky-bank.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have recently upgraded to Excel 2003 and I have noticed an annoyance I can
>not seem to disable. I have a spreadsheet containing a large list of IP
>addresses that contain a telnet:// hyperlink for each IP. I use this
>spreadsheet so that I can quickly look up a location, click the IP, and
>telnet to the location's main router.
>
>Since upgrading to Excel 2003, when I click on the hyperlink a warning
>dialog pops up stating 'Opening telnet://xx.xx.xx.xx/  Hyperlinks can be
>harmful to your computer and data. To protect your computer, click only
>those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want to continue?'
>
>Can this be disabled, an if so where do I disable it? I did not see anything
>in the options.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chris Miller

0
Gord

MDI App will no longer open file by double clicking associated filetype
OK, I had an app which was originally based upon an MDI app. It has been 'modded' to add various functionalities with code from www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com. Unfortunately, I just recently noticed that the ability to double click on the associated filetype (from a folder, desktop, etc) now no longer works. Instead, I get a messagebox: Title: (pathname of file) Message: Windows cannot find '(pathname of file).' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. This is on Windows XP. ...

can't open hyperlink in email Outlook 2007
Recently I am unable to open Hyperlinks in my emails. When clicked on I receive a popup that states "This operation has been cancelled do to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems Administrator". Please, how do I fix this? I believe it may do with a recent auto download from MS as both my PC and note book are giving me problems. Thank you for any help to fix this...d Gamma-Deezie wrote: > Recently I am unable to open Hyperlinks in my emails. When clicked on I > receive a popup that states "This operation has been cance...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Hyperlink won't open in excel
I get a message in excel when I try to open hyperlink in excel that says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in affect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" I am the administrator what must I do???? ...

Certificate warning
When I send/receive e-mail in outlook I get the following message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Do you want to continue using this server?" It's no problem really but an annoyance, is there anything I can do to stop this message? Thank you Henry ...

On Click of a Subform
I have a subform on another Form, The subform has a Textbox/Control Source [ClientID] what would I need in the Textbox/Control Source [Name] On Click event to go to frmClientInfo,that has the same ClientID (AutoNumber)................Thanks for any Help.....Bob Thanks Wayne , absolutely fantastic :) , I did drop the CD out of CDClientID , is that OK?.....Regards Bob "Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48084C06-D1C5-4239-BA29-4E4BA17C42E1@microsoft.com... > Hi Bob > > Private Sub ClientID_Click() > Dim stDocName As St...

Clicking on internet links in Windows Mail
I have an issue that recently came about. If I get an email with an internet link and I click on it, I get a message saying that the site cannot be located, or something to that effect. This always happens when I click on the link to launch IE8. If I already have a browswer window open on something else, then the links in the email work and I get a new tab created with the content. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have IE as my default browser. Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or v...

Can the default location be changed after clicking "attach file"
When I click on attach file it opens a file on a different network drive. I want to change it to "my documents" on my pc drive. What version of Outlook are you using? If I recall correctly it should open the last folder you attached from. So navigate to My Documents and attach a file from there. Next time you go to attach it should default to My Documents again. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.c...

mouse over hyperlinks
On one of my web pages http://www.robpendleton.co.uk/Links_page.htm as the mouse is hovered over a hyperlink the link text shrinks, which I don't like, and I can't find how to stop it. Any help would be appreciated. Here's the culprit <style fprolloverstyle>A:hover {color: #0000FF; text-decoration: underline; font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold}</style> As a minimum remove font-size: 10px; You may think that whole line shouldn't be there - it's setting hover links to blue/underlined which they already are and changing...

Excel Hyperlink with arguments
How does file hyperlink with arguments work in excel? I tried to give C:\App.exe 1.xml It gives error "Cannot open the specified file." Any clues! Thanks Vinay Chopra ...

Hyperlinks
Since installing aol 9.0, my hyperlinks in outlook do not work. They don't take me anyplace. They worked fine till now...AOL says I have to enable them in outlook, how do I do that? and is that likely the problem? ...

How to Determine Column Header Right Clicked in a List Control
I'm trying to determine the column that has been right clicked for the header control embedded in a CListCtrl. I made sure the NM_RCLICK notify is associated with the header ID of zero as in: ON_NOTIFY(NM_RCLICK, 0, OnNMRClickColInfo) and in the handler do the following: void CColInfo::OnNMRClickColInfo(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { NMHEADER* pHDN = reinterpret_cast<LPNMHEADER>(pNMHDR); TRACE(_T("NMHEADER: iItem=%i; iButton=%i; pITem=%x\n") , pHDN->iItem, pHDN->iButton, pHDN->pitem); *pResult = 0; } Sure enough when I right click on ...

Hyperlink to run a Program
I am right clicking on a cell, click Hyperlink, enter in address: Application.Run"ProgramName" Also tried: ActiveSheet.Hyperlink.Add:=Selection.Application.Run"ProgranName. I would like the program to enter the hyperlink addres into the cell. Thanking you in advance, Gordon Here is a neat trick: As you know, you can set a hyperlink to go to a specific cell. You can also create a selection change macro for that cell that can call a general macro. Here is an example: In A1 put a hyperlink to cell Z100 In WorkSheet code put: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal ...

user mailbox storage limit warning email
How does one modify the text in the warning email sent to a user whose maibox size exceeds the set storage limit? The text of the warning is contained in a localization dll. I doubt the tool is available anymore, and is definitely not supported, but you can read more here: http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2003_TE/magazine/columns/askpros/. -Tom Geairn NewView Consulting, LLC "Ethan A." <Ethan A.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17634AB8-AD7D-4156-BCFB-E2075F93C3AD@microsoft.com... > How does one modify the text in the warning email sent to a user whose &...

Adding contents of cells by clicking in Excel 2002
I'd like to be able to sum into a blank cell a series of non-consecutive cells by clicking on them, i.e. by clicking in an empty cell and then hitting = to start a formula and then clicking the cells I want to add one by one. Excel 2002's default is to REPLACE the last cell clicked on when you click after cells one after the other, I want them to add together. Some versions of Excel (eg. Office 98 and X for Mac) do this by default. Can this be set up in Office 2002 also? Thanks in advance. Kevin, Almost. Click the Autosum button, now start clicking your cells, typing a co...

Hyperlink addition
There was a hyperlink added to our Intranet page and I need to find out when that link was added. Is there any way to find that out? Thank You! I'm assuming it must have been done elsewhere by someone else, and the web page you have on your Pc - is not the one that was updated, so you can't tell by that when it was last updated - so... log into the host site where the page/site resides, and check the creation date there - that should tell you. ~ ~ unless it's been updated anytime after the hyperlink was inserted. Tracys49 wrote: > There was a hyperlink added to ...

can't open pdf hyperlink from excel
In Excel if I create a hyperlink to an Acrobat PDF file, the window opens momentary then closes. The file opens OK directly from Acrobat. ...

Mouse Right Click Greyed Out
When I right click on the Excel spread sheet, functions like CUT, INSERT are greyed out. Can anyone help???? Hi Micky, see Grayed out options http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/grayedout.htm -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Micky" <mickyaujla123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1165451133.098867.60560@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... > When I right click on the Excel spread sheet, functions like CUT, > INSERT are greyed...

ctList : Problem when double click on subject
Hi we know that 'ctList' component is an advanced list box control. I have a ctList control which has first the name 'Tasks'.Then followed by columns named as col1.. and last one named as Subject.Then followed by place to enter your task information. Now the problem is when i Doubleclick on the space it opens a modal box inorder to enter task information.However when i am Doubleclicking on the columns it also opens a modal box but when i cancel it,it again opens modal box second time. It looks bad. Pls help me ...

Error clicking on e-mail address in IE and sending via Outlook
I have several Windows XP SP2 /Office 2003 SP2 workstations that are unable to click on e-mail addresses on a WEB page in Internet Explorer for example. What should happen is a new Message window should pop open and I can send the e-mail just fine. Instead, however, we get the following error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The operation failed. An object could not be found." We have done the following: 1. Verified the web pages are fine - as it works fine from a majority of the machines. This is only an issue on about 10 workstations. 2. Verified the "Micro...

Hyperlinks in Excel #5
Is it possible to stop Excel from automatically inserting a hyperlink anytime an email address is entered into a cell? precede the entry with an apostrophe, from excel 2002 onward you can turn it off under tools>autocorrect Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Eileen Hinds" wrote: > Is it possible to stop Excel from automatically inserting a hyperlink anytime > an email address is entered into a cell? ...

Outlook 2000 locks up when clicking on a link
I have Outlook 2000 and jst started experiencing this problem. Whenever I click on a link in any email Outlook freezes up instantly. I have to task manager out of it. I also have spambayes and Panda installed. I also downloaded Mozilla but did not elect to use it's email handling. Are any of these causing the conflict or perhaps some security settings? Thanks Anyone?? ...

outlook 2003
hello, i recently graduaeted to outlook 2003 from outlook express. i used to be able to right-click on a link and simply choose copy linkn location from the sub menu. cant seem to do that in outlook, which seems odd, for a full-featureed mailing program. also many time i try clicking on a lnk in html email, and nothing happens. is this a configuration problem, or is it just a bugggy porogram? tyanks, mike finch ...

click on a my report and be able to modify report criteria
When you pull up a my report, the report comes up, but there is no option/link to modify the criteria and save the change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b...

Word & hyperlinks
I've inserted hyperlinks into a Word document. When I send an e-mail with the Word doc attached, the recipient cannot open the links. Any help? Thanks. The recipient may have to hold Ctrl as she/he clicks the hyperlinks. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Archie" <Archie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C55A583-A7C9-48CB-8D6E-0D9DF347B40F@microsoft.com... > I've inserted hyperlinks into a Word document. When I send an e-mail with > the Word doc attached, the recipient cannot open the links. An...