VLOOKUP help again please.

I have also finished my workbook. Now I am stumped on another vlookup
function. Since some people dont like to download the file I will
explain it in words and attach some screenshots.

I need to use VLOOKUP and the discount table on the sheet 3 to
calculate the relevant discount rate for the discount rate column in
sheet 4. I have attempted it as you see in the screenshot, but it
returns #NA. I am not sure if this is because my function is wrong or
the discount table is set up wrong (I have entered the values such as
"21 to 50", and im not sure if excel recognises this means from 21 to
50 teddies.)

It sounds like it could be easily solved but I cannot work it out.

First I will attach the discount image.

File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=343806 (discount.jpg)

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

and here's the invoice (sheet4).

File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=343814 (invoice.jpg)

Excel will pretty much certainly not recognize what "21 to 50" means.
if you want vlookup to return a value, it has to find the specified
value (D17 or 45 in your example), find that in a list, and return a
corresponding value from the specified column.  if you want multiple
values to return the same number (you do) you will need to drag out
your list, say
Purchase_Amount  Discount
1 0%
2 0%
3 0%
4 0%
5 0%
6 2%
7 2%
8 2%
9 2%
10 2%
11 5%
12 5%
13 5%
Etc...

it will then look in the list on the left, say for the number 8, when
it finds it, it will return 2% (the number from the next column over.

You could use vlookup with 'true' in the last part, see this site the
'simple
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm#gradebook
you would only have to put the lower limits on the lookup table i.e.
21    value for less than 21
50    value for between 21 and 50

Hope that is some help,
Barbara.

"iDontLikeExcel" <iDontLikeExcel.w8twy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:iDontLikeExcel.w8twy@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have also finished my workbook. Now I am stumped on another vlookup
> function. Since some people dont like to download the file I will
> explain it in words and attach some screenshots.
>
> I need to use VLOOKUP and the discount table on the sheet 3 to
> calculate the relevant discount rate for the discount rate column in
> sheet 4. I have attempted it as you see in the screenshot, but it
> returns #NA. I am not sure if this is because my function is wrong or
> the discount table is set up wrong (I have entered the values such as
> "21 to 50", and im not sure if excel recognises this means from 21 to
> 50 teddies.)
>
> It sounds like it could be easily solved but I cannot work it out.
>
> First I will attach the discount image.
>
> File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=343806
(discount.jpg)

not8921 (82)

MATCH, VLOOKUP? How to get T/F Result?
In one sheet of a multi-sheet workbook, I've got a column of customer numbers. In a separate sheet, I've got a column of customer numbers which represents a subset of the whole customer list. I need to be able to add an alpha code (single letter) in a separate column on the first sheet if the customer number on that row is contained in the subset list on the second sheet. Logically, Excel needs to look at the customer nimber on sheet 1 and try to find it on sheet 2. If it does find it, place an "A" in the cell, if it does not find it, leave the cell blank. I've e...

test
Subject: test - please respond please respond to this test with the word response or whatever "William.Smith" <William.Smith@SupportX.com> wrote in message news:4F4AB5181919@123456789.spx.com... > Subject: test - please respond > > please respond to this test with the word response or whatever > > > if you use a TEST group then you will automatically get a response. Please uses groups with TEST in the name for test posting in the future. Thank you. Dear, Thanks for testing :-D Regards APK "Gordon" wrote: > "William.Smith" ...

Vlookup Help
I have a source sheet with 3 columns and 28 rows Column 1 contains numbers (formated as text (i.e. '1400) Columns 2 Long Description (Toronto) Column 3 Short Description (TOR) In another sheet I have a cell which lists the name of the tab re: formula =REPLACE(CELL("Filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),"") If the tab is named 1400 my vlookup works, if it is named TOR it does not. I have formated the vlookup table in text but I can still not get this to work.. I have to beleive it is a formatting issues but since I have form...

Drop Down Menu Help
I have a drop down menu, and I was wondering if there was a way put value in there so it would let me type a value not on the list. Fo example, if the dropdown menu gives the user the choice of selecting A b, c, d, or E. Maybe the user wants to type in F, G, or H or just an unforseen value that is not available in the dropdown. Can this b done? Thanks in Advance Miles Ree -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Access DB has become troublesome
Have done gazillions of databases in Access 2000 & mostly in Access 2003 (2000 file format) and Access has always been very reliable. Any problems could always be fixed with compact and repair. Now I have an DB which is continuously misbehaving, and on different computers. (just one .mdb file that I move around) Most problems are with a tabbed "Menu" type form (with lots of buttons to open forms and queries) although I have deleted and rebuilt the form and the problems persist. Compact and repair has not fixed. I think that the only things I did dif...

Help with more than three conditions when formating.
Is it possible to have more than three conditions using conditional formatting? I have a list of five products in a column. I want to use a different color cell for each product. Product 1 would be yellow, product 2 would be blue, product 3 would be green. I know how to use conditional formatting to format each but I only seem to be able to set up three conditions. When you can't use Conditional Formatting (more than 3 formats), the next step is to use an Event Macro. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case look at top for instructions to install, right click on...

VLOOKUP FORMULAS
I am using this formula in a spreadsheet and I keep getting the formula returned as opposed the date the formula should be retrieving. I have used this many times before without problems but this particular spreadsheet will not return any data from formulas. I have reformatted the entire spreadsheet to be general and still can't get it to perform. =VLOOKUP(B5,VLU!$A$5:$G$109,7,FALSE) PB Sounds like the cell was pre-formatted as Text. Simple re-formatting won't help. Change the format to General then F2 and ENTER. If you have many of these to do select all then re-format to G...

Using SUMPRODUCT and VLOOKUP together?
hi .. i am trying to create a database for some products, i am working with multiple sheets now the problem i am facing is this ... i want to sum up the quantities of a product of a particular month and diplay it.. for eg: 'sheet 1' Partno Quantity Date 121 400 7/20/06 121 500 7/21/06 122 300 7/22/06 122 400 8/23/06 now the second sheet 'sheet 2' will be like this Partno Month Total Qunatity 121 July 900 122 July 300 122 Aug 400 ...

[Urgent] Need Help on COM AddIn registry entries
Hi, I am having 2 COM AddIns for the TenderEnd hook... Both of them works well indivudually. But when I have both of them together, the AddIn that was added first is getting invoked and the second AddIns is not invoked. When I exit the POS and the registry entry of the second AddIn vanishes... Both the DLLs are registered... The registry entry is as follows... Hook Number: 000 Caption: AddInCaption1 Description: AddInDesc1 HookType: 15 ObjectName: AddIn1.class1 Parameter: 1 Hook Number: 001 Caption: AddInCaption2 Description: AddInDesc2 HookType: 15 ObjectName: AddIn2.class2 Parameter: 1 W...

Need help with a formula #2
I need to subtract 2 different sets of dates to get a total amount of days. Eg: (a-b)+(c-d) = e I then need to take the total (e) and multiply by 3 different integers if the total (e) is greater than >6 days,>10 days and >31days. This helps me keep track how long my company trucks are out of a Rail/Ship Yard. I can't seem to get the dates to subtract and get an integer(regular number). and I'm dead lost on the greater than stuff. Of course the boss drops this on me on my first day. Any help or comments will come highly appreciated. Thank you One way =A1*VLOOKUP(A1,{0,0;...

Help Please
I would be grateful if somebody could advise if there is a simpler way of deleting duplicated cells in a spreadsheet Spreadsheet Add1 Unique Add2 Add3 Add4 Populated via If Statement (Thanks to Frank) PCode Vb Code tagged to the end of a macro Range("B2").Select If B2 = E2 Then E2 = ClearContents Selection.ClearContents End If Range("C2").Select If C2 = E2 Then C2 = ClearContents Selection.ClearContents End If Oddly this works and the duplicated cell is deleted but my problem is that I would need to enter this code per cell and colu...

New CRM3.0 Deployment question please...
Morning / Afternoon / Evening all... I'm just getting started with CRM 3.0 and after a rather trying effort, I FINALLY was able to get get it installed. After rebooting, I started the Configuration wizard. The next? to last step, said unless you have the appropriate perms, dont bother continuing (but in nice MSFT linguistics of course). SO on the first try, i said ok.. and it just sat there, so on the next go around, I saved the XML file. NOW.. whenever I go to http://servername:5555 I get Auth errors and I cant figure it out. The CRM server is also a SBS 2003 R2. The SQL server is a m...

Coding Help: Copy Checked Rows to Another Sheet
Dear Excel 2003 Users, Has anyone ever done the following: On a worksheet, have a series of rows, where there is a place in Column A to place a checkmark. The user would go through and check the rows that are needed to create a "client to-do checklist". Somewhere on the sheet, there would be a button that would copy only the lines that are checked and either put them on a new worksheet or into a new workbook. If it is easier to delete the unchecked rows, that would also be great, I would base the initial document on a template to keep it intact. It would be greatly appreciated ...

Re: Help with copy pasteselection
Please Help. I am attempting to write a macro, which will copy and paste special from one worksheet to another. Date is a group of merged cells and is meant to be constant. I want the macro to search for the next available empty row thru range a11 thru a55 and then copy paste to this active cell, but my formula will not work and I am not sure where I am with it. Thanks in advance, Cy Sub Select_and_Activate() Worksheets("3294-C,1 of 4").Range("Date").Copy Worksheets("PS3368-P").Select ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A11:A55").Select Worksheets...

Help in Creating Relationships in a table
Hi This is a follow to a previous question concerning relationships in a table. These are my tables I have in my database. Students StudentsID LastName FirstName HomeroomTeacher (ohter info relating to the student) Cases CaseNo_ID <PK> StudentID <FK> Categories CategoryID <PK> Category (e.g. School, Community, Individual, Peers, Family) Issues IssuesID <PK> Issues (text, e.g. lack of role models) CategoryID <FK> StudentIssues CaseNoID <link to Cases Table> IssuesID <Link to issues Table> ...

Help with simple formula
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C7832C.9F7EDE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the following formula to generate a full product number =3DCONCATENATE(B13,"-",C13,"-",D13,"-",E13) My dilemma is that I need to modify it so that the final - and E13 will = only be associated if E13 contains a value. At least I think that sounds = simple, just not sure about the exact string I need. Mike K ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C7832C.9F7EDE80 Content-Type: ...

accumulating tasks PLEASE HELP
My users have tasks accumulating and I cant stop them. Some I cant even remove without renaming them. These tasks have nothing in them, They start at #1 and go. I found a user to have over 100 of them. Please I need help on this one. Windows 2000 Pro/ and Xp Pro. Outlook 2002 Exchange Server 2000 BlackBerry (BES) for the hand held NEXTEL/Blackberry ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, November 20, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 157 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

Labans' PrintLinesClass help
Hi, I've used Labans' PrintLinesClass database to create lines about the detail section of my report. I have my fields set to can grow, so using this method draws the lines all the way to the bottom of the detail section. It works great when I preview or print the report. However I am also using Labans ReporttoPDF to export the report and when I do this the PrintLinesclass puts a thick black line down the right hand side of the report. I cant work out of to get rid of this line. can anyone help??? cheers ...

Need help with a query
Let me start by saying that I have very little experience in Access. I've learned what I know by "tinkering" around in it and a lot of the terminology I've seen on these boards is above my head. Here's the background to my question. I created an employee database that consists of one massive form with several tabs and on each tab there are several subforms. The main form was created from the Employee Header table and the subforms were created from queries from tables. The idea is when you open the form, you see an employee's basic info on the top ...

help. outlook 2007. not listing contacts
Hi all, i have a small problem in that some of my contacts are not listed in my contacts, example: in address bar type 'b' get a list of all my 'b' contacts, barbara, ben, bill, etc but none of them appear in my address book, or contacts. only listed if i add them to address bar. My question is: where are they stored cos I want to delete one or more. I think they are addresses i have only replied to and never 'created' but have used for new messages, by just typing the first letter and selecting from there. Help please. Many thanks in advance. Lepak Lepak Nera...

Bar chart help wanted
Hello to everybody ! I have this kind of data: TIME VALUE 0:00:00 0 0:00:34 1 0:00:35 1 0:01:00 0 0:01:30 0 0:01:33 1 0:01:55 1 0:01:59 0 0:02:00 0 0:02:10 1 0:02:15 1 0:03:00 0 0:03:05 0 0:03:07 1 0:03:55 1 0:08:00 0 and I need to create bar chart that would have a bar of the hight equal to 1 at each time value where the "value" in table (Y-axis) equals one (and also between "one"s values). In all other time values the Y value is zero ! Excel bar chart seems to omit all values that are not in the dataset ! I need to include also those time values that are not expli...

Pivot table help #11
I needed help with a Pivot table. In the attached excel sheet i am trying to use the Creatiion date (coloum X)as one of the filters in the pivot table. Could someone please guide me as to how i can filter with the Creation date as one of the pivot tables. Thanks Sammy ...

Help with profiles .pst files and roaming profiles
Hi all and thanks in advance for the future answers; Well, we have a enviromente that goes like this: 1 Domain Controller 1 Mail Server running KERIO MAIL SERVER 2 Terminal Servers running CITRIX PS 4.5 1 Server running the citrix console The problem: We have like 50 users now that connect to servers A or B and have their roaming profile working fine, all files and configs come and go, with the exception of the OUTLOOK profile. When i had to add SERVER B to the system, i had to copy users folders from server A and apply the same permissions one by one, otherwise outlook would not work and ...

Help rank features for future Dynamics GP releases
Each year, we ask customers to give us valuable insight into the enhancement of our products. When you give us your feedback and opinions, you help us refine our software to make it even more customer friendly. Please take a few moments to visit the URL below and complete the Product Advisory Board Survey now. This forum is an important way for us to get your opinion on our products, but this special opportunity is available for a limited time. https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/pabs -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. We w...