Vlookup Formula #3

Hi,
column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole
rang is J7:K38.
E12 has a date and F12 has a number.

In cell G12, I need to:
=F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12)

ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39 and
take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the value
in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s

Khalil]
Hope to have an answer!!

0
khhandal (39)
11/23/2007 12:43:35 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=VLOOKUP(E12,J7:K38,2,FALSE)*F12
if you indent to copy the formula down the column
=VLOOKUP(E12,$E$7:$K$38,2,FALSE)*F12
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole
> rang is J7:K38.
> E12 has a date and F12 has a number.
>
> In cell G12, I need to:
> =F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12)
>
> ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39
> and
> take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the
> value
> in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s
>
> Khalil]
> Hope to have an answer!!

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
11/23/2007 12:55:50 PM
Does your range end at Row 38 or 39?

Anyway, try this in G12:

=F12*LOOKUP(E12,J7:K38)

*IF* Column J is in chronological order.

If not, try this:

=F12*VLOOKUP(E12,J7:K38,2,0)

Format G12 to General or Number.
--
HTH,

RD

"Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole
> rang is J7:K38.
> E12 has a date and F12 has a number.
>
> In cell G12, I need to:
> =F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12)
>
> ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39
> and
> take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the
> value
> in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s
>
> Khalil]
> Hope to have an answer!!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/23/2007 1:32:54 PM
Hi,
used this formula: F12*VLOOKUP(E12,$J$7:$K$38,2,0)
it worked well even when copying down the colomn
Thanks

"RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message
> Does your range end at Row 38 or 39?
>
> Anyway, try this in G12:
>
> =F12*LOOKUP(E12,J7:K38)
>
> *IF* Column J is in chronological order.
>
> If not, try this:
>
> =F12*VLOOKUP(E12,J7:K38,2,0)
>
> Format G12 to General or Number.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole
>> rang is J7:K38.
>> E12 has a date and F12 has a number.
>>
>> In cell G12, I need to:
>> =F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12)
>>
>> ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39
>> and
>> take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the
>> value
>> in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s
>>
>> Khalil]
>> Hope to have an answer!!

0
HANDALK (143)
11/24/2007 7:20:51 PM
You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.
--
HTH,

RD

"Khalil Handal" <HANDALK@stthom.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,
> used this formula: F12*VLOOKUP(E12,$J$7:$K$38,2,0)
> it worked well even when copying down the colomn
> Thanks
>
> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message
>> Does your range end at Row 38 or 39?
>>
>> Anyway, try this in G12:
>>
>> =F12*LOOKUP(E12,J7:K38)
>>
>> *IF* Column J is in chronological order.
>>
>> If not, try this:
>>
>> =F12*VLOOKUP(E12,J7:K38,2,0)
>>
>> Format G12 to General or Number.
>> --
>> HTH,
>>
>> RD

>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
>>
>> "Khalil handal" <khhandal@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole
>>> rang is J7:K38.
>>> E12 has a date and F12 has a number.
>>>
>>> In cell G12, I need to:
>>> =F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12)
>>>
>>> ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39
>>> and
>>> take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the
>>> value
>>> in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s
>>>
>>> Khalil]
>>> Hope to have an answer!!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

I need a formula
I need a formula that would allow me to copy one cell to another as well as remove the first three characters. example cel a - 12321232 would copy to cell be as - 21232 If anyone could help me that would be soo awesome Hi, Try one these =RIGHT(A1,5) If the lenght of your data is fluctuating then =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3) If you need them to return a number instead of text then tack *1 on the end of them. HTH Martin "RBD" <rdickiejr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bab5ed6a-ba7d-48e9-8cc0-ad7d05e7ac73@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I need a formula that would allow me...

number format #3
I want to change number format to indian number format form american number format for example: the american format is like 200,200,000.00 I want to change it as indian format 2,00,20,000.00 Adding to M ike's response, #","##","##","###.00;-#","##","##","###.00 to use the same format for negative numbers with a preceding minus sign -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <mike22p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gGdQskWDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > #","##","##"...

Upgrading callouts and assemblies from 3.0 to 4.0
I have existing callouts and assemblies in 1.1 doct net versions. What would be the steps to upgrade these callouts and assemblies to 3.0? I have made calls to CRM and Metadata webservices from the assemblies. How much and what changes are required to these assemblies for making them useable in MS CRM 4.0? Please give me some ideas.. -- romeo!! For a complete conversion there are a few steps, depending on how you use the webservices this may take some work. 1. Create the new plug-in assembly classes: these classes must implement the IPlugin interface. In the Execute method you must ma...

smtp address #3
-- Geoff Kidd ...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

Formula help! #2
hi all can someone help me where i have a row of numbers that go 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 10, 5 etc... from cells D2:K2 i want a formula to put in A2 that returns the first non- zero number, ie. it would return 5. it would also be useful to have a formula that returns which column the first non-zero number occurs in. any ideas? thanks JohnQ one way: First non-zero (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(rng,MATCH(TRUE,rng<>0,FALSE)) where rng is your range reference (e.g., D2:K2). Column the first-non-zero occurs in (also array-entered): =LEFT(ADDRESS(1,3+MA...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. ...

Formula Format problem
I am using the following format to query another sheet and return data. =(SUMIF('Assignments Formulas'!B$5:B$251,B4,'Assignments Formulas'!R$5:R$251))/2 It works great for part of my needs, but not for all. In the next column I need to do essentially the same thing plus divide R$5:R$251 by Q$5:Q$251 but everything I have tried comes back as an error. I'd really appreciate some help with the syntax since I am pretty sure it can all be done, but I just don't know what I am doing! If not- I realize I can add additonal columns and then hide them to simplify the fo...

Salesprocess not running after migration from CRM 3.0
Hi, We are trying to perform a test migration from 3.0 to 4.0. The migration goes OK, but after the migration all the sales process workflows have an error. The wfl's have the status "waiting", which is OK, because they are all waiting for an earlier created activity to reach the status "completed". Already found some info on an issue where workflow problems could occur when the website points to an IP adress in IIS, so changed that to "All unassigned". This didn't make any difference. After turning on tracing the tracefile for the AsyncService ther...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

Sending problem #3
For the last few days, I'll be working online, press Send on an e-mail, and it just sits in the Outbox. Opening the e-mail from the Outbox and pressing Send yields the same result. Pressing Send and Receive on the toolbar has become the only way to send e-mail. I still have "Send immediately when connected" selected in my Options. I ran a virus scan with no results. These e-mails don't have large attachments or anything else unusual. Any ideas? Thanks, Ben ...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Send As permission #3
I am trying to grant a user Send As permission. I enable Advanced view, go to the Users object that I want to grant access to, go to the security tab, click advanced, and click Add, but I do not see Send As permission there. I can grant full mailbox access, but the grantee still shows "Sendt on Behalf Of" in the e-mail when they send for that user. What did I miss? Never mind....you have to do it on the domain controller, not from an exchange server.... "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message news:e3MFRAbUFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

IIS/DNS Requirements for CRM 3.0 SBE?
I read my previous posting and throught rewording might make it easier to understand my question. The SBS 2003 server I am installing CRM onto has 3 IP addresses bound to it. 192.168.200.1-3 I am trying to install CRM using the .3 address and applying a specific host URL to it. For instance the .1 address is server.domain.local, the .2 address is app.domain.local, and I would like to use .3 as crm.domain.local. <A Records> for each host have been entered in DNS. The configuration wizard that appears after the initial install defaults to http://192.168.1.3:80 on the final screen ...

Barcode Formulas
I am trying to make a barcode that will enter a static time into a cell and move to the next cell (right) I have 3 of 9 barcode fonts. There is no = sign nor is there a symbol for it. Does anyone know how to do this. Other choice would be a button on a toolbar but would like to not have the person return to the computer each time to enter. Any help please. pgriff -- pgriff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pgriff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26189 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID
You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020. You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time. (File|Password Manager). There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a date certain. Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible, even if they are opened with a current version of Money? Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have bigger issues. But I have at times opened older backup files, even five...

Including number format in formula
I have a simple "if/then/else" formula that I would like to display the result of the "else" portion with no decimal places showing, instead of the default value of the cell. Can I include the format in the formula? Here is my formula: =IF(D12>75,D12/E12,D12) Thanks, -- Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/ PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi, Try =IF(D12>75,D12/E12,INT(D12)) or replace Int with roun...

Blocked senders list #3
When I add senders to my blocked senders list, the next time I open Outlook, there is nothing in my blocked senders list. I have went into my registry under Current Users/Identities/Outlook Express/Rules and deleted the Rules folder with the understanding that it will be rebuilt. This however hasn't fixed the Blocked senders list. Is there something else I need to do? I'm a novice on my computer. Any help would be welcome! Thanks Kris ...

Junk E-mail Filter #3
Hi there, I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. When I use Outlook 2003, go to tools, then options, then Junk E-Mail, I get a message that says "The Junk E-mail Filter is not available for your Microsoft Exchange Server e-mail account because you are working online. To enable the junk email filter for this account , switch to cached exchange mode." But is this true? It seems not - because I am getting Junk email in my Junk E-Mail folder courtesy of IMF. So what is this message telling me? And therefore, how do I go about getting the white & black lists going for individuals if...

Deactivate formula after a set time
Is it possible to set formulas to deactivate after a given period o time? I email out a number of spreadsheets that have taken many hours/days t assemble to clients. If they choose to change suppliers (as one recentl did) they can simply use my spreadsheets and change the logos and th new supplier gets all the benefits without the pain! The value of the spreadsheets (the useful life of the data) is only few days so it would be useful if the formulas stopped working afte maybe a month. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated Ton -- y_no ------------------------------------------------...

Deferred Revenue #3
We have a client that needs to enter GL Deferred transactions in different currencies. I know standard GP Deferral Module doesn't allow this. Does anyone know of any 3rd party apps that allows for this type of transaction? Ed ...

Copy and Paste #3
I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with another... e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25 cell A2 contains ... 65 Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of paste special to EXCHANGE the 2 values? Thanks, Larry Hi Larry you would need a macro to achieve this change. There is no such 'paste special' option for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany FLKulchar wrote: > I would like to EXCHANGE the contents of one cell with > another... > > e.g. cell A1 contains.... 25 > cell A2 contains ... 65 > > Can I copy A1 into A2 using some form of...