Vlookup #41

Looking for someone who knows vlookup.
0
trisher75 (6)
7/19/2007 11:22:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:22:00 -0700, trisher75
<trisher75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Looking for someone who knows vlookup.

0
Gord
7/19/2007 11:34:59 PM
Can you be a little more specific on what you want to do with the vlookup?

"trisher75" <trisher75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking for someone who knows vlookup.

0
Gerry3278 (36)
7/20/2007 9:36:15 AM
Have you tried the help index for VLOOKUP?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"trisher75" <trisher75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking for someone who knows vlookup.

0
dguillett1 (2487)

vlookup return multiple value
Hi, this is my first post! Need some help with the vlookup formula. My range is between A1:B8. Colon A represent numbers and colon B represent names. How can I vlookup colon A for a specific number and return all names in colon B with that number? Thanks, Jagaude Use AutoFilter. This allows you to present all the complete rows that match a given criteria -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007d "Jagaude" wrote: > Hi, this is my first post! Need some help with the vlookup formula. > > My range is between A1:B8. Colon A represent numbers and colon B > represent nam...

Sum multiple vlookup returns across multiple columns
Hi All, I need to sum the results of all occurences of 'Brand A' across 4 categories; $, QTY, $YA, QTY YA table would look like this: A B C D E Brand $ Qty $YA QtyYA Brand1 10 2 20 4 Brand2 45 45 10 12 Brand1 20 4 10 4 I need a formula in a cell that sums Brand1 by $ (should=30), A seperate cell should read by Qty (should=6) etc, etc, I was certain that I had done this before with sumproduct, but using the same formula isn't working. Also I seem to re...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

VLookup Problem #6
How do I get information from a data table to enter automatically? I have a thousand rows of different items sorted by customer with thei contract prices, now I need the standard retail price next to eac unique price. I've tried a VLOOKUP formula, but I'm obviously doing something wrong -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ajpowers wrote: > *How do I get information from a data table to enter automatically? > I have a thousand rows of different items sorted by customer wit > their contract prices, now I need the standard retail price next t > each unique p...

VLOOKUP in VB code
I am having trouble getting the VLOOPUP function to work in a macro. I can get VLOOKUP to work perfectly in a cell formula but when I try and repeat this in a macro I keep getting an error message. If dlgFeesForm.txtEquipHirePeriod.Value < 5 Then dailyvalue = dlgFeesForm.txtEquipHirePeriod.Value 'dailyrate = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(dailyvalue, DailyHireRates, 2, False) End If My error message appears whenever the macro reaches the line with Vlookup in it, what am I doing wrong?? And yes I know its a comment at the momen...

error message #41
When I try to resolve items on my handheld I get an error message 80004005 that says they cannot be written to microsoft outlook due to error 80004005. It will sync but then everything stays as unresolved. When I try to save info in outlook it says it cannot be saved.So I am sure the problem is with outlook but how to find it? ...

daylight savings time on vlookup
DST, how do I incorporate that to the sheet? say... Arizona, they are currently in Pacific time but when California reverts back to DST, are they ahead or behind Pacific? how can i formulate that in excel sheet? I think Indiana is the same way. I'm sure you know exactly what you want, but your question is very ambiguous. XL by itself is totally unaware of time zones. How are you dealing with time and location now? How does XL know what time is referred to or what location is referred to? AFAIK, AZ and HI don't observe DST, and only some counties in IN observe it, so you'd n...

vlookup? #4
I have a spreadsheet with a thousand rows. It is separated by division, so a persons name may appear in cell A1, then agin in row A967. (Always the same column though). I want to get a count of how many times a person's name appears on the report. What's the best way? The data is below. Thanks for your help!1 Division: Eastern BAILEY P0642325 BAILEY P0647801 User Id: BAILEY Total: CHAMBERL P0628547 CHAMBERL P0644827 CHAMBERL P0648143 Division: Western DILLOND P0597632 DILLOND P0638148 DILLOND P0638578 DILLOND P0638683 DILLOND P0640484 DILLOND P0647095 DILLOND P0647120 User Id:...

having trouble with ISNA and VLOOKUP
Need help with a formula.. Let's say I have "12/31/2000" in Sheet 1, Cell A1 and I need to see if this date is in a table in Sheet 2 and if it is it will return a value of "1" and if not it returns a value of "2" The formula I have is =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B4,2)),0,1) 12/31/2000 is NOT located in Sheet 2 yet I still get a return value of 1.. help would be appreciated -- webstju ------------------------------------------------------------------------ webstju's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33703 Vi...

Vlookup from closed excel file
Hi, After running the codes below, it prompts error message Application defined or object defined error and unable to solve : - Codes extract Sub vbVlookup() Dim strPath As String Dim strFilename As String Dim strLookupSheet As String Dim strLookupRange As String Dim strLookupValue As String strLookupValue = "A$3" strPath = "D:\My Documents\P\ManagementAcct\Apr10\PYY\" strFilename = "PYY PL Co compare1.Apr'10.xls" strLookupSheet = "P&L - COMPANY (compare 1)" strLookupRange = "A3:O60" Ap...

Vlookup / Match / Hlookup / Array fundtion or What?
I'm trying to tidy up 65,000 lines of student data ready to export into another system. Our current spreadsheet has a sepearte line for each telephone number we have for each student (S1, S2 etc). So it currently looks like this: S1 Mob1 S1 Mob2 S1 Home1 S2 Office1 S3 Mob1 S4 Home1 S4 Office 1 S5 Mob 1 I want each student to have just a single entry (down the page) and then the type of number we have for them across the page, like this: Mob1 Mob2 Mob3 Home 1 Office1 S1 S2 S3 S4 S5 I need a function (or combo of moves) so that the spreadsheet goes and checks that we ...

Customize Outlook Today #41
We just upgraded to a new computer and it came with Windows XP. Office was also loaded and everything is working fine except I can not open the "Customize Outlook Today" for customizing my outlook today page. How can I get this to work. Thanks tluethye@northwestmech.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just upgraded to a new computer and it came with > Windows XP. Office was also loaded and everything is > working fine except I can not open the "Customize Outlook > Today" for customizing my outlook today page. How can I > get thi...

Vlookup #26
I have a field in sheet "NewData" with this formula: =IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Analysis!$A$3:$A$310,1,0)>0,"","NEW") Problem: When I add rows to sheet "Analysis", it adds numbers to $A$3 - ie if I add 10 rows to "Analysis", the formula becomes ...$A$13... Thus the first rows of any new data don't get interogated since the lookup starts at row 13 instead of 3 I need the lookup always to start at $A$3 How can I keep it from incrementing? Glen Insert your new rows after row 3 in the Analysis sheet Pete Hi Glen It sounds as though the followi...

how to eliminate N/A error in vlookup?
hi, how can i get rid of the N/A error when using vlookup formula? is it a must to put "false" if i want to get the exact figure i want? i tried to remove "false" in the formula. it did give me some figure but not the one i want... how to solve this problem ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You might want to change from vlookup to Index/Match. If you do, the do a Search on Index/Match at the first page of this Forum. You wil fi...

vlookup maybe
worksheet 2 contains A1-H130. I need to pull data from column F11:F130 into sheet 1. The cells in column f either contains "posted" or "not posted". I need all "posted" items entered into sheet 1 column A without any spaces between the rows in column A. What formula can i use to do this? thanks! If this is just a one-time thing, just filter on Posted items and copy-and-paste the data you want into your new spreadsheet. "kms" wrote: > worksheet 2 contains A1-H130. I need to pull data from column F11:F130 into > sheet 1. ...

VLOOKUP formula searching multiple worksheets ??
Does anyone know how to search for info from multiple Excel worksheets using the VLOOOKUP formula or any other formula. I have my VLOOKUP formula(column B) and list of values(column A) (sorted in ascending order) on Worksheet 7 and I need to search for these values in Worksheets 1,2,3,4,5& 6 Column F. Is this possible with Excel ? I've tried this by using the formula VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1:Wrk6!$F:$G,1,FALSE) but I get a #VALUE! error. You will need a construct along these lines: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk2!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk3!$F:$G,2...

VLookUp Help!
I am trying to put together a pricing wizard for my company that would allow reps and resellers to easily look up the prices of our products. I originally designed a pivot table with drop down lists but this proved to be to difficult for most people to use. I though instead I could use VLookup to accomplish the same thing. The problem is we price our products by quantity. 5 to 25 being one price 26 to 50 being another and so on. Because of the ranges of pricing I can not figure a way, using VLookup to actually look up a price. Here is an example of the pricing: # Part # of Licen...

Public Folders #41
I have several public folders and always configure to replicate between our two exchange servers. The only problem is no matter what I have tried they public folders always say they are in sync but if the first server is offline then the public folders are there but they are empty. What is up with this? Why is it so difficult to get them to replicate properly? ...

Help for Vlookup
I have two sheets one is book 1 and other is book2.xls . In book 2 I have Column A which has Names like x, y and z and against these name there are certain information in column B. I also have book1.xls Containing name of the person( x, y, and z). Now what I want if through the help of auto filter in book2.xls if I select name of x, all the information which has in book2.xls against x should be automatically incorporated in book1.xls below the name of X and so on for y and Z. I know we can do it with the help of vlookup but i am not getting it. Please help me. -- mangesh ----------------...

vlookup issues
Excel 2003 My really be a "data" issues not a vlookup issue - but here is the problem; 1st column of my table_array: 149255 655122082938 655122082921 10655122525787 10655122525770 10655122082931 These will NOT sort in proper order. Does not matter if the cell is formatted text. Does not matter if the cell is formatted Number Does not matter if I clear all the data and type them in proper order by hand. why won't my data sort properly? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave Formatting text to numbers won't change anything, you need to force th...

VLookup & HLookup
I have three seperate spreadsheets which have some common information (employee name, chaeck number and check date) all other information on these spreadsheets is different. I need to combine all three spreadsheets into one. For example, Employee A, Check #, Check Date, Net Pay, Gross Pay, Deductions (multiple), Taxes (multiple). Is this possible by combining a VLookup and an HLookup? And if so can someone give me some pointers as to how to go about doing this? Also, if there is a better way to do this can someone please tell me where to start. Thanks! Gerald It can be done, probably ...

VLOOKUP returns #N/A but want a blank instead
I want to have a blank field return instead of #N/A when my VLOOKUP is false. How would I change my current formula to do that? Here is the formula currently used: =VLOOKUP(A10,DC$7:DH$801,4,1)*D10 Any help would be appreciated. Hi try =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A10,DC$7:DH$801,4,1)),"",VLOOKUP(A10,DC$7:DH$801,4,1)* D10) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Golf Club" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:584f01c42d4d$5ec3f9d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to have a blank field return instead of #N/A when > my VLOOKUP is false. ...

vlookup and picture
Hi, help is needed... newbie in vlookup. I would like to lookup a certain serial number of a hardware with a picture of it. On the first sheet, it's the lookup formula, the second sheet has all the information of various serial numbers with the configuration and picture which describes that particular serial number. I do not know if vlookup is capable of providing me with a range of cells at one time. Say... I type the serial number 9998, I would like to be able to show the configuration as well as the picture of it. Each serial number has a range of 4 columns and 7 rows. can vlookup do...

Vlookup Formula
How to cancel the error message when vlookup formula does not recognize the lookup value ???:) ------------------------------------------------ Message was posted via http://www.ExcelTip.com -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ ...

vlookup help 01-08-10
I'm using the following formula in order to look up a name in another spreadsheet that corresponds to what's in B76, and its working fine. =VLOOKUP(B76,'[2010 GR.xls]Hiring'!$E$4:$F$400,2,FALSE) However, I need a new formula to do something similar, but its not working. I need to look up the whats in B76 then go to the 2010 GR.xls file in the Hiring tab and match it with whats in column E (like above), then return the position title that's in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated! =INDEX('[2010 GR.xls]Hiring'!$C$4:$C$7,MATCH(B76,...