VBA to move from one cell to another cell

Hi,
Certain cells in a sheet needs to be filled with data. These cells are in
successive rows from 10 to 49
Data is filled in cell C10 then F10
after that cell C11 then F11
                    C12  and F12
until I reach  C49 and  F49
It is annoying to use the TAB key or the mouse to move to the next cell. Is
there a way to move to the next required cell just by pressing enter after
filling in the data.

i.e.  data entered n cell C10 (press enter) go to cell F10, type the data
and press enter to go to C11,then F11 .....

0
HANDALK (143)
6/1/2008 3:49:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One method

Unlock columns C and F.  Protect the worksheet and use Tab key to move from C10
to F10 to C11 to F11 etc.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:49:14 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu> wrote:

>Hi,
>Certain cells in a sheet needs to be filled with data. These cells are in
>successive rows from 10 to 49
>Data is filled in cell C10 then F10
>after that cell C11 then F11
>                    C12  and F12
>until I reach  C49 and  F49
>It is annoying to use the TAB key or the mouse to move to the next cell. Is
>there a way to move to the next required cell just by pressing enter after
>filling in the data.
>
>i.e.  data entered n cell C10 (press enter) go to cell F10, type the data
>and press enter to go to C11,then F11 .....

0
Gord
6/1/2008 3:57:26 PM
I didn't think of that. Still I need to see the content of cells in colomn
D. Hiding colomn E  only will still not a practical solution.

> One method
>
> Unlock columns C and F.  Protect the worksheet and use Tab key to move
> from C10
> to F10 to C11 to F11 etc.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:49:14 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>Certain cells in a sheet needs to be filled with data. These cells are in
>>successive rows from 10 to 49
>>Data is filled in cell C10 then F10
>>after that cell C11 then F11
>>                    C12  and F12
>>until I reach  C49 and  F49
>>It is annoying to use the TAB key or the mouse to move to the next cell.
>>Is
>>there a way to move to the next required cell just by pressing enter after
>>filling in the data.
>>
>>i.e.  data entered n cell C10 (press enter) go to cell F10, type the data
>>and press enter to go to C11,then F11 .....

0
HANDALK (143)
6/1/2008 4:14:43 PM
Sorry,
Missread your solution.
How to unlock the columns?

> One method
>
> Unlock columns C and F.  Protect the worksheet and use Tab key to move
> from C10
> to F10 to C11 to F11 etc.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:49:14 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>Certain cells in a sheet needs to be filled with data. These cells are in
>>successive rows from 10 to 49
>>Data is filled in cell C10 then F10
>>after that cell C11 then F11
>>                    C12  and F12
>>until I reach  C49 and  F49
>>It is annoying to use the TAB key or the mouse to move to the next cell.
>>Is
>>there a way to move to the next required cell just by pressing enter after
>>filling in the data.
>>
>>i.e.  data entered n cell C10 (press enter) go to cell F10, type the data
>>and press enter to go to C11,then F11 .....

0
HANDALK (143)
6/1/2008 4:19:58 PM
Select both columns by CTRL + click

Format>Cells>Protection.

Uncheck "locked"

Tools>Protection>Protect worksheet.

Gord

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:19:58 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu> wrote:

>Sorry,
>Missread your solution.
>How to unlock the columns?
>

>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>> One method
>>
>> Unlock columns C and F.  Protect the worksheet and use Tab key to move
>> from C10
>> to F10 to C11 to F11 etc.
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 18:49:14 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>Certain cells in a sheet needs to be filled with data. These cells are in
>>>successive rows from 10 to 49
>>>Data is filled in cell C10 then F10
>>>after that cell C11 then F11
>>>                    C12  and F12
>>>until I reach  C49 and  F49
>>>It is annoying to use the TAB key or the mouse to move to the next cell.
>>>Is
>>>there a way to move to the next required cell just by pressing enter after
>>>filling in the data.
>>>
>>>i.e.  data entered n cell C10 (press enter) go to cell F10, type the data
>>>and press enter to go to C11,then F11 .....

0
Gord
6/1/2008 7:28:11 PM
Thanks. It worked fine.

> Select both columns by CTRL + click
>
> Format>Cells>Protection.
>
> Uncheck "locked"
>
> Tools>Protection>Protect worksheet.
>

> Gord
>
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:19:58 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>Sorry,
>>Missread your solution.
>>How to unlock the columns?
>>

>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>> One method
>>>
>>> Unlock columns C and F.  Protect the worksheet and use Tab key to move
>>> from C10
>>> to F10 to C11 to F11 etc.
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
HANDALK (143)
6/1/2008 7:55:07 PM
Good to hear.

Gord

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:55:07 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu> wrote:

>Thanks. It worked fine.
>
>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>> Select both columns by CTRL + click
>>
>> Format>Cells>Protection.
>>
>> Uncheck "locked"
>>
>> Tools>Protection>Protect worksheet.
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 19:19:58 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <handalk@stthom.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry,
>>>Missread your solution.
>>>How to unlock the columns?
>>>

>>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message

0
Gord

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

OWA jumping mouse

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

compact database in VBA access 2007

Help with simple(?) VBA function

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...