VBA cell row formatting

I've been struggling with the code for this formatting issue. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

If a cell (I10) on sheet A is selected as "ECD" then loop through all
the other sheets and look in column E for cells that contain the text
ECD. (It may be in a string, eg "No ECD") When ECD is found, I would
like the entire row to be patterned with xlgrey25 (or some such). I
understand that this should go in the worksheet change event of Sheet
A.

The trick is that in these other sheets the cell that contains ECD are
actually merged of 3 rows.(I know, but I'm stuck with the merge).

HELP!! It's driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Dave
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi Dave,

txt = "DPE"
For Each sh In Worksheets
  If sh.Name <> "A" Then
    With Sheets(sh.Name).Range("E1:E500")
     Set c = .Find(txt, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart)
     If Not c Is Nothing Then firstAddress = c.Address
     If Range(firstAddress).MergeCells Then firstAddressM = Range(firstAddress).MergeArea.Address
    End With
  End If
Next

--
isabelle

0
isabelle
10/4/2011 11:52:31 PM
On Oct 4, 7:52=A0pm, isabelle <i...@v.org> wrote:
> hi Dave,
>
> txt =3D "DPE"
> For Each sh In Worksheets
> =A0 If sh.Name <> "A" Then
> =A0 =A0 With Sheets(sh.Name).Range("E1:E500")
> =A0 =A0 =A0Set c =3D .Find(txt, LookIn:=3DxlValues, LookAt:=3DxlPart)
> =A0 =A0 =A0If Not c Is Nothing Then firstAddress =3D c.Address
> =A0 =A0 =A0If Range(firstAddress).MergeCells Then firstAddressM =3D Range=
(firstAddress).MergeArea.Address
> =A0 =A0 End With
> =A0 End If
> Next
>
> --
> isabelle

Thank you Isabelle for you efforts. It doesn't seem to be working.( I
assumed by DPE you meant ECD).  Although it may be a problem with my
workbook that I can't figure out.
Even when I test my workbook by using the "find" function from the
toolbar, all the instances of "ECD" aren't found. I don't get it.
yes, "ECD" or another word
did you try with LookIn:=xlValues and  LookAt:=xlPart ?

--
isabelle

Le 2011-10-05 08:03, Dave a �crit :
> I assumed by DPE you meant ECD
0
isabelle
10/5/2011 1:00:49 PM
On Oct 5, 9:00=A0am, isabelle <i...@v.org> wrote:
> yes, "ECD" or another word
> did you try with LookIn:=3DxlValues and =A0LookAt:=3DxlPart ?
>
> --
> isabelle
>
> Le 2011-10-05 08:03, Dave a =E9crit :
>

> > I assumed by DPE you meant ECD- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I tried both those.

I don't think the problem lies with your code. It may be with
something else.

Dave
can you put your file here (cjoint.com) and give us the download link so that we can see the problem
--
isabelle

Le 2011-10-05 13:41, Dave a �crit :
> Yes, I tried both those.
>
> I don't think the problem lies with your code. It may be with
> something else.
>
> Dave
0
isabelle

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Single click selects multiple cells

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

compact database in VBA access 2007

Date format 04-11-06

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...