VB userform

Good Day all

i wonder if someone can help me, i;ve written a user form, but my director
requested that it must have 2 password a master asd a  user password.

Thanx your help will be apprecaited

Johan

0
johan6188 (1)
10/27/2003 6:40:38 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Johan

Itself it's pretty simple; use two userform textbox'es and set theis
"password character" property to * to mask the entries. Then compare the
finished entries with the valid passwords. If OK then proceed, for example
by setting an invivible frame to visible, containing the needed data and
controls.

Worse is; where are the valid passwords stored/read and which rules apply ?
Does each user have her own unique password ? Can she change it herself ?
Does it expire ?

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"Johan" <johan@agritel.co.za> skrev i melding
> Good Day all
>
> i wonder if someone can help me, i;ve written a user form, but my director
> requested that it must have 2 password a master asd a  user password.
>
> Thanx your help will be apprecaited
>
> Johan

0
innocent (844)

Preventing need to hit Enter twice in UserForm
With thanks to Harald who gave me this procedure which makes sure a number is entered into a UserForm (and works great) ....... Q. Is there a way, that when the Enter key is hit, the userform accepts the value entered without having to hit the Enter key twice? Private Sub TextBox1_KeyPress(ByVal _ KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger) Select Case KeyAscii Case 48 To 57 Case Else KeyAscii = 0 End Select End Sub Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal _ KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, _ ByVal Shift As Integer) If Shift = 2 Then KeyCode = 0 End Sub Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim tax ...

Equivalent to VB InputBox
Hi, I'm searching for an equivalent for Visual Basics "InputBox" function, to prompt the user just for a String / CString. Is there such a function based on Win32-API or in the MFC-Library? Or can I load it from a DLL? I don't want to write a class that inherits from CDialog and uses DDX for this small task, am I forced to do it? Christoph See this thread from the archive http://tinyurl.com/i4y9 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Christoph Stoepel" <c_stoepelREMOVE_THIS@gmx.de> wrote in message news:u...

VB code help
Hi all, I am creating an application on Visual Basic 2008 to convert any image into icon. I have written code (see below) which works fine. It converts any image to icon in specified size. But the problem is that when I try to use that icon I get error message saying "invalid image property" or "invalid image" etc. Please can any friend tell me that what amendments i need in my code below to achive my objective. help in shape of code will be much appriciated. Dim imageFinal As System.Drawing.Image = Nothing Dim g As System.Drawing.Graphics = Nothing imag...

Visio - Visual Studio Architect vb.net
To Whom It May Concern, I am looking for a Visio Diagram Buddy. Casual Development of existing project, explore internet collaboration any country, english respond: mailbox@lvtu.com Sincerely, Robert Farrell ...

VB Editor
This is driving me crazy; I hope someone can help.<br> <br> When I'm in the Visual Basic editor, if I press any letter that has a command key assignment, it performs that action as if Cmd were pressed - if I press "g", it opens the Immediate window. If I press "r", it goes to the Object Browser. If I press "s", it saves my document. It's impossible to actually type anything!<br> <br> This is only happening in the VB Editor, it's happening in the editor in both Word and Excel, and it happens whether it's in an existing file o...

VB.NET: Writing attribute and Elements to Xml
Say i have this Xml file <Books> <Book type="1"> <Author>Peter</Author> <Section>1</Section> </Book> </Books> how to create another automatic set of IDs and datas for the Xml tag so that when i type in another set of data... The content of the Xml file will become: <Books> <Book type="1"> <Author>Peter</Author> <Section>1</Section> </Book> <Book type="2"> <Author>John</Author> <Section>2</Section> <...

How to import text file into excel file using VB
Hi, How do I create a form with import button in excel file? The impor button can perform the function of import the text file into worksheet. Please give me some ideas of doing it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks ! Ann : Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66226 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about recording a macro when you do it manually the first time. Post back with followup questions. "annsmjarm <" wrote: > > Hi, > Ho...

Userform #3
Hallo zusammen kann mirt jemand erkl�ren - wie ich diese auf den Desktop bringe und so ohne start von Excel aufrufebn kann! Danke f�r jeden Tipp! Gruss Thomas/Bernd microsoft.public.de.excel -- HTH Bob Phillips (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Kiesel Bernd" <bernd.kiesel@swisscom.com> wrote in message news:%23JmS2m4QHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hallo zusammen > kann mirt jemand erkl�ren - wie ich diese auf den Desktop bringe und so ohne > start von Excel aufrufebn kann! > > Danke f�r jeden Tipp! ...

xml-export in vb.net
hello NG i try to create a little generic vb.net function for exporting access-tables to xml-files. ---===>>> CUT IN <<<===--- Function fncXmlExport(ByVal strDBpath As String, ByVal strTableName As String, ByVal strXmlFileName As String) Dim objDataSet As New System.Data.DataSet Dim objXmlDocument As New System.Xml.XmlDocument Dim objCmd As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter Dim objCon As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection Dim strCon As String strCon = "provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; data source=" & strDBpath objCon = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDb...

Define a range name using VB
I have a macro setup that imports and copies data from two source files into an excel spreadsheet. What I want to do after I have imported all of the information is to select the data, and then define it as a name for use in a pivot table. The code I'm using at the moment to slect the range (no matter the lenght of data) is: ******************** Sub RangeSelect() ' This will select all the current cells no matter the size ' of the data that has been imported Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown).End(xlToRight)).Select End Sub ******************** The number of fields is ...

Need Simple XML help in VB.Net or C#
Hello and God Bless, I am stumped trying to get a simple xml database replacing certain data with other data programmatically. This is what my xml looks like. **************************************** <Root_Element> <Topic index="1"> <Sub_Topic> <Notes></Notes> <Notes></Notes> </Sub_Topic> </Topic> <Topic index="2"> <Sub_Topic> <Notes></Notes> <Notes></Notes> <Notes></Notes> </Sub_Topic> <Sub_Topic> <Notes></Notes> ...

Question on Excel VB migrating to Office 2003
Newbie to VBA on Excel :-) Inherited an Excel tool that no longer works in Office2003. Error is VB "1004 - App or Object defined error". Need to estimate effort is to migrate the tool from Office 2000 to 2003 - to justify getting a resource. What has been changed to invalidate VBA? Shouldn't it be backwards compatible? Thanks - lc I think you're going to have to post the offending line of code. (or maybe check your references in both xl2k and xl2003 and compare the differences--just a wild guess.) luican wrote: > > Newbie to VBA on Excel :-) > > Inherite...

Use userform to get input and compare to a hidden sheet
I am using a userform to get employees id number and passwords. I have the id numbers and passwords on a hidden sheet. I need to code in the submit button on the form a way to search the hidden sheet for there id number and password match and then if it does match take them to a specific sheet. Should I be going about this in a different manner or is this possible? Thanks First, worksheet protection is pretty easy to break. In just moments, everyone can see your list of id's/passwords. And the protection for the VBA project is easy to break so that users can see your code, too. ...

Inserting XML Data Into a New Table FROM VB.NET
Can anyone help me figure out how to insert data into SQL Server when a table to hold the data does not yet exist. I am able to insert data into a existing table in the following fashion. But what if the table does not exist? Appreciate any help I can get. Private Sub InsertData() Dim objSQLConn As New SqlConnection("SERVER=.;UID=sa;PWD=;DATABASE=MyTest;") Dim objAdapter As SqlDataAdapter Dim objDataRow As DataRow 'Dataset row Dim objDBRow As DataRow 'SQL Server table row Dim objDSXML As New DataSet Dim objDSDBTable As...

userform commnad from a sheet command
Hello I have the following piece of code in Excel sheet 1 to trigger an event when a cell content changes Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$4" Then 'This Code Runs When Cell A4 Changes' End If End Sub What I want to do is insert here code to interrupt the running of a particular userform and goto a particular point and resume that same userform. So something like Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$4" Then userform1.stop goto userform 1line 220 userform1.resume End If End Sub ...

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

How do you move UserForm to Right hand side of screen with VBA?
The Userform usually come up in the center of the screen. Given that different users have different resolutions on their screens how do you move the Userform to the right hand side of the screen with it being centered vertically no matter what the user screen resolution is? Thanks Dennis Hi Dennis Try this in the userform module Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.StartUpPosition = 0 Me.Top = (Application.Height / 2) - Me.Height / 2 Me.Left = Application.Width - Me.Width + Application.Left End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <Dennis@NoSpam.com> wrote in ...

change series color in Excel VB
Having created a chart with the VB chartwizard, I want to control the colors of the series lines (not the markers). Can anyone tell me how to do that? Below is the basic code I am using. Using for example With ActiveChart ..SeriesCollection(1).ColorIndex = 3 End With does not work. Thanks in advance. DD Dim ch As ChartObject Set ch = Worksheets(wksh).ChartObjects.Add(0, 0, 700, 500) ch.Chart.ChartWizard Source:=Worksheets ("COLLEGEDATA").Range("a1:o138"), _ gallery:=xlLine, Format:=4, Title:=wksh & " Enrollment", _ ...

Microsoft idea: don't change VB
I am probably just sparking another flame war but I thought this was interesting... Anyone seen this blog post from a Microsoft developer who works on VB.Net? Apparently one of the language features being considered when planning the next steps for VB.Net is "Don't add to (or change) the language. There's a good argument to be made that we should just take a rest from changing the Visual Basic language... SCENARIO: A new version of the language comes out, and every single user is put through the hassle of upgrading their projects even if they don't WANT to use ...

Problem vertically aligning multiple rows with tickboxes added using VB.
Hi guys. I searched for days to find the solution to adding a column of checkboxes down a table with 500 rows in it - a checkbox at the end of each row. The good news is that I eentually found that someone had posted a little VB code that did it nicely. I used some additional conditional formatting and now each individual row changes colour when the checkbox is ticked! It's a thing of beauty to a new user! The trouble is that when you get 100 or so rows down the table the checkboxes gets incrementally and noticeably out of alignment with the rows. I guess that a tiny vertical ...

Dispose of ADODB.Recordset with VB Express 2008
Hi, I've used the VB Express upgrade feature to transform code from VB6 to VB Express 2008 Part of my original code included: <Code> Dim RS As New ADODB.Recordset Set RS = Nothing RS.Open("SELECT DISTINCT GENUS FROM Plants ORDER by GENUS;", ogAccess) </Code> The translated code included: <Code> 'UPGRADE_NOTE: Object RS may not be destroyed until it is garbage collected. Click for more: 'ms-help://MS.VSCC.v90/dv_commoner/local/redirect.htm?keyword="6E35BFF6-CD74-4B09-9689-3E1A43DF8969"' RS= Nothing </Code...

Updating a chart in a Userform
Hi, I want to have a Userform with a pie-chart on it that updates as th user slides a slider around. In Access 2000 I seem to be able to inser an Excel chart object to do this, but in Excel 2000, bizarrely, can't. So I'm looking for a workaround, and have tried using John Walkenbach' less than perfect method described at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip66.htm The trouble with this is that you can see a Windows dialog box appea for a brief second as the VBA is running. Is there any way of switchin this off? I've tried using Application.ScreenUpdating = False, with n lu...

Shortcut key and UserForm
I want to use a shortcut key (Ctrl+z) to activate a UserForm but don't know for sure it is possible or how to go about it. I've always used a Command Button or a _Click() in the past. Any ideas on how to go about this? Thanks in advance. I wouldn't recommend using Ctrl + z, because that is the undo method for Office. Your users may not like that. -- Cheers, Ryan "Cerberus" wrote: > I want to use a shortcut key (Ctrl+z) to activate a UserForm but don't know > for sure it is possible or how to go about it. I've always used a Comm...

Cell Content from UserForm Not Retained
Hello again: I'm a novice user and I have a created a UserForm for placing certain contents into particular cells. The problem is when I save and exit Excel and come back into the same workbook, if I click that cell the UserForm pops up as expected, but if I do not make a selection and close (click the close button, red 'x') the userform or cancel the userform the cell contents from the previous save disappear and the cell is blank. I would think the cell contents should stay as is until I put some information into the cell. Is there a way to keep the cell contents when I...

VB Groups
From: "Stuart Grant" <sagranatbluewin.ch> Subject: Re: "Unrecognized data base format" Date: 18 September 2007 18:42 Douglas "Reset List". That's all it took. Thanks Stuart "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message news:OCNAGpf%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I see 36 groups starting microsoft.public.vb. > > I see you're using Outlook Express. Try selecting Tools | Newsgroups from > the menu bar (or use Ctrl-W), then reset the list. > > -- > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access ...