VB Toolbar in Excel 2007

Hi,

I'm new to excel 2007, i have created a vb command button on excel
sheet but that button is by default in design mode (if i click on
button it takes me to code). I want the button in run mode, normally
in excel 2003 there is vb tool bar and from there we can change the
status of any vb control.

appreciate your response.

Thanx.
0
amir1 (4)
6/29/2008 6:35:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Click the Office Button (the round one in the upper left corner, click the
Excel Options button at the bottom of the dialog box that appears and, in
the Popular option, put a check mark in the item labeled "Show Developer tab
in the Ribbon" located in the "Top options for working with Excel" section.
After you click OK, you will find a "Developer Tab" in the Ribbon where you
can do what you asked about.

Rick

"Khan" <amir@programmer.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to excel 2007, i have created a vb command button on excel
> sheet but that button is by default in design mode (if i click on
> button it takes me to code). I want the button in run mode, normally
> in excel 2003 there is vb tool bar and from there we can change the
> status of any vb control.
>
> appreciate your response.
>
> Thanx.

On 29 Jun, 21:50, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
<rick.newsNO.S...@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> Click the Office Button (the round one in the upper left corner, click the
> Excel Options button at the bottom of the dialog box that appears and, in
> the Popular option, put a check mark in the item labeled "Show Developer tab
> in the Ribbon" located in the "Top options for working with Excel" section.
> After you click OK, you will find a "Developer Tab" in the Ribbon where you
> can do what you asked about.
>
> Rick
>
> "Khan" <a...@programmer.net> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I'm new to excel 2007, i have created a vb command button on excel
> > sheet but that button is by default in design mode (if i click on
> > button it takes me to code). I want the button in run mode, normally
> > in excel 2003 there is vb tool bar and from there we can change the
> > status of any vb control.
>
> > appreciate your response.
>
> > Thanx.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Rick, it works.
0
amir1 (4)

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Analysis Cubes
What are the minimum requirements for using the Excel Addin for Analysis Cubes? Do you need to have GP installed to use the Excel AddIn? I have some users that need to access GP data, but I donot want to have to install GP on their Workstations, how do I do this? I am using GP version 8.0. See below for the requirements: 1. Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Server; Windows 2000 Service Pack 2; Windows 2000 Service Pack 3; Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows XP Service Pack 1 2. To use the add-in with Analysis Services 2005, the following compone...

Writing to word 2007
I have a 2003 access database that writes data to text fields in a 2003 word document, no problems, I have now upgraded the database to 2007, and the same code although it appears to run ok, does not actually update the word document fields, i also tried converting the word document from 2003 to 2007. I data transfer using code from within access any thoughts? So no error message; it just doesn't seem top update, right. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/242017 I do it with docvariables. Are you using docvariables? If so, read this: http://w...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

excel #159
How do I prevent 2 files from opening up when I click on one file? What two files are opening? If it looks like: book1.xls:1 and book1.xls:2 Then you actually only have one workbook open--but you have two windows to that single workbook opening. Click on the window you don't want anymore and hit ctrl-w to close that window. Then save the workbook. ======== If that's not it, maybe you have another workbook in a folder named XLStart. Use windows start button and search for XLStart. Then look in each of those folders for a workbook file (*.xls). Move it or delete it if you'r...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

Number of wsheets in an excel workbook???
hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have about 66 - is that possible? Thanks. Maria -- mariasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656 Yes I have created a workbook with more sheets in it that that. obviously depending on the amount of data on each sheet your workbook could be getting quite large and possibly unmanageable! I guess you will have to try it! D...

moving text from a word document to excel
I'm moving a large amount of text from word documents to an excel spreedsheet, and I have a few questions: 1. When I copy/paste text from the document to the spreedsheet, the text will sometimes expand the cell very large. How can I keep all the cells the same size? 2. When I click on a cell that has text in it to read it, sometimes it will only show the text in a long downwards column, whereas other times it shows it as a big 'blurb' to the right side (which makes it easier to read). How can I set it up so it is not in a long column? 3. How can I insert cells without h...

Excel-Multiple Cells Being Hi-lited
Sometimes when I'm setting up a worksheet and I left-click in a cell, multiple cells in the same column are hi-lited. After it happens the first time, it continues as I move through the worksheet, reducing my ability to get work done considerably. After some trial and error, it seems to occur when I've been adding and/or deleting columns and/or rows, after a header has been installed. I can move throughout the worksheet using the arrow keys, but it is a time consuming and cumbersome technique. I think the version I'm using is Office Professional 2007 (file extensi...

where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go
where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option of downloading and saving them before installing the various program updates and service packs. This way whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to spend hours getting all the updates again off of the internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have to re-install. Any help would be appreciated Don't know about Office 2000......never used it, but Office Download center offers you the choice of installing or saving to install file to disk....

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

why is my spreadsheet and toolbar locked
i cant work or type nothing in any cel or Hi is the worksheet/workbook protected. Do you receive an error message? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mogila wrote: > i cant work or type nothing in any cel or ...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

Excel Events Conflict with VB and C# AddIns
Hi, I have two com addins running in Excel. One is written in VB and the other in C#. Both addins are interested in the Workbookopen event. When the event is triggered the c# code captures the event but the VB code does not. If i disable the c# addin then the vb code works. Looks like the c# addin is somehow blocking the vb events. Anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks, Andy There is only one WorkbookOpen event, so once one add-in hooks it, there is nothing for the other one to hook. If you are hooking the WorkbookOpen event in your add-ins, this is likely your problem. You may need...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Portrait only printing in Excel
I have an interesting problem. I have a workstation (Dell Pentium IV XP PRO) that has Office 2k on it. When I/we try to print to a networked printer, the document will only print in portrait no matter what changes I make to page settings or printer settings. We are on Active Directory, so as long as the documents are submitted from a different computer, it will print fine. Any suggestions? This could be a complete waste of your time, but the first thing I'd try is to reinstall the printer driver. (maybe even get a fresh driver from the printer manufacturer's web site???) Howa...

VBA & Excel
Hi, I don't know a lot about VBA. I need to make an Exe file with VB to give 3 buttons each button starts an excel work book (book1, book2,book3). I am thinking of a form that appears on the screen. When the "Exit" button is cliked it will make an other copy of the 3 excel files on another folder (say: d:\data) for example (like a back up copy). Can any one help thanks Hi You can not make exe files with VBA. If you can use VB5 or VB6 instead then adapt the VBA code from http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbaolecontrolexcel see also http://www.erlandsendata...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

copy and paste excel freeze
Hi, I am running Office 2003 in Windows 2000 Pro. try to copy the excel worksheet and paste to another new workshee takes long and the system seems freeze for a while b4 the process finish anyone have samme experience? ...

import paradox database into excel
I have a database written in programme called Paradox and I would like to fransfer it into Excel. You may find this a bit tricky, depending on the complexity of links between tables and queries within the original database. Tables hold information, and queries manipulate that data; if you need data that is the result of a Paradox query you will not, AFAIK, be able to import that to Excel. You'll have better luck if you need data from tables. In a quick web search I notice that converter software is available, which might be a fallback position in case on-board export capability withi...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...