Validation (using a list)

 Hi,

Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using
a list, you see all the options?

Txs in advance
Michael

0
someone1 (389)
7/9/2004 7:44:54 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
AFAIK not possible with the build-in functionality

0
frank.kabel (11126)
7/9/2004 9:26:19 AM
You can't increase the list from its default length of eight items. You
can scroll through the dropdown list, or use the keyboard (arrow keys,
page up, page down) to navigate through the list. If using the keyboard,
Alt+Up arrow or Alt+Down arrow will open the list when you select the cell.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Listing recurring appointments
I have tried in both Outlook 2002 and 2003 to print a list for my cleaning service that shows the dates in a list. The appointment is set up as a recurring every 4 week. I cannot find a way to list it outside of reading the dates, and writing them on a separate report. Thank you. Can you create a view that shows only those appointments? One way would be to assign a category to them, and then create a new view that filters based on the category field. Then you ought to be able to print just those items, in a table view. Tony Linguini wrote: > I have tried in both Outlook 2002 and 2003 to...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

User not visible in Global Address List
I have one user who from some reason does not show under the Global Address List. They do, however, show under all users and can succesfully send\receive email. All Exchange functionality works as designed. When I go into Exchange Administration, and view the results of the query for the Global Address List, the user shows. This issue is effecting all Exchange 2003 \Outlook 2003 Users. The user is not visible to anyone under Global Address List. I have also check on the properties of the user, and the box to "Hide from Address List" is not checked. Any assistance would ...

Not able to send mail to distribution list
HI all, I am using Office Outlook 2003. I am not able to send mail to the distribution lists i have created in the contacts. Even if i go to contacts and try to send a message to the list from there, it is not recognized in the Send To field while sending mail. Please Help. Thanks and Regards Ravpreet Singh What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Jammy" <singh.ravpreet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190270570.983186.280500@...

Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon.
Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... How do I get it to save using commas only (,)? (I'm using semicolons for other delimitations and so can't just do a global replace.) Thanks so much for your help! Hi Excel uses your Windows regional settings for saving CSV files. Also ho should an importing program of this CSV file know whether it is the list separator or one of your other separators? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CCinItly wrote: > Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... > How do I get it ...

easy to use templates
Hi We have outlook templates that people fill in each morning and send to a distribution list. But they are not that easy to fill out as you have to place the curser in the proper spot to type then do that throughout the entire document. It is easy to overlook items. Is there a way to set up a template that you can just hit tab or enter and it automatically goes to the next area that you need to type information? -- Thank-you! Ruth What exactly are you using now? In other words, what do you mean by "templates"? Also, do you meet the prerequisites for using...

Using ACT! with Outlook
I want to use ACT! with Outlook 2002 to track my emails. The Outlook Help contents say to go to Tools, Options, and there will be a tab for ACT! to click to attach emails to contacts. The ACT! tab does not show up. Is there a way to get the ACT! tab to show? Thanks for any help! Check Help > About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled items. If the add-in for ACT is listed there, re-enable it. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Jon K" wrote: > I want to use ACT! with Outlook 2002 to track my emails. The Outlook Help > contents say to go to Tools, Optio...

use pst file
I have a backup pst file that I can not get into Outlook 2007. Message says This Personal Folders File is already in use with this profile. The pst file is goog as of a cuple days ago. How do I get it into Outlook 2007? How are you trying to "get it into" Outlook? File > Open > PST usually works. "topcat" <topcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D1CD035-564D-49C0-921D-E9223BE582A6@microsoft.com... > I have a backup pst file that I can not get into Outlook 2007. Message says > This Personal Folders File is already in use...

how to use this to query my table?
I have a table with 30,000 records. I'd like to use this http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html to query my email fields (show invalid emails). I'd like to use the first expression listed on that site. How do I proceed? On Sun, 16 May 2010 18:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Song <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote: Write a public function in a standard module: Public Function TestEmail(myEmailField as string) as Boolean Dim pattern As String pattern = "\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b" Dim r As RegExp 'Requires a reference to Microsoft VBScr...