v2003 XML Map, Enumeration to drop-down list

I have XSD files with enumerations to constrain the value of specific
elements. I want to use Excel to enter data using the XSD.  When I
apply the XSD as an XML Map I can assign a cell to each element and
create a List which will get exported as an XML document.  All good so
far.  For the cells that are constrained, if I don't enter a proper
enumerated value into a cell, when I export I get a message like this:
'element' violates enumeration constraint of 'a b c d e'. The element
{URIpath}Name with value 'foo' failed to parse.

If I ensure that I enter correct case-sensitive values, the List saves
as XML without warning, so I know the constraints are properly applied
to the cells.  Again, all good so far.

But rather than manually entering the enum values, I'd like to be able
to choose from a drop-down list.  The right-click context menu for
cells includes a "Pick From Drop-down List" option, and I thought the
schema would provide that list, but it doesn't.  It only offers a
selection of values previously entered.

So the question is - how do I get Excel to limit cell entry to the
proper Type specified in a schema, whether String, Boolean, or an Enum
with multiple possible values?

Since we're here, the exact same concept and error applies to Word.

Thanks!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Virtual list ctrl and LVIF_PARAM
Hi, This is from MSDN documentation on virtual list control. "...Virtual list controls maintains very little item information. Except for the item selection and focus information, all item information is managed by the owner of the control. Information is requested by the framework via a LVN_GETDISPINFO notification message..." "...In the handler for the LVN_GETDISPINFO notification message, you must check to see what type of information is being requested. The possible values are: ... - LVIF_PARAM The lParam member must be filled in. ... You should then supply whatever...

Compare two file/colunms, hide row not does not equal list.
Excel 2000 -have two files. File "A" has 1 through 4155 records (rows with three columns) in numerical order. File "B", has a list of almost 200 rows/numbers (one column) from file "A". How can I hide the rows in file "A", not are listed in file "B"? Thanks, Jerry Not sure whether you are still monitoring this post, Jerry. Anyway, here's some thoughts ventured .. Conceptually, you should be able to achieve this via setting up a helper col and then autofiltering on the helper. Let's start by simplifying the scenario by having bo...

How do I parse an XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C69A10.8C752700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The XML file looks something like this... --- Start XML --- <?xml version=3D"1.0" ?> <VULNERABILITIES> <PROGRAM_VERSION>0.0.1</PROGRAM_VERSION> <CONTROL_VERSION>0.0.1</CONTROL_VERSION> <VULNERABILITY> <V_SHORT_NAME>SOMETHING</V_SHORT_NAME> <V_LONG_NAME>SOMETHING</V_LONG_NAME> <V_DISCUSSION&...

Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset
I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of converting an XML document to a dataset. I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date. Currently the dates are being treated as strings. ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>... > I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of > converting an XML document to a dataset. > > I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the ...

Known Email Address in distribution list bounces back
Hi, I've got an address that is an external contact in Exchange as a member of a distribution group. The email address is definately a good one as single emails to that address get through ok, but anything sent to the distribution list gives the sender a bounceback from the contact's address. Anyone got any ideas? Many thanks Rich =?Utf-8?B?TWNEaXRjaA==?= <McDitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:FE088019-435A-4864-8607-4F3BD4812A16@microsoft.com: > I've got an address that is an external contact in Exchange as a > member of a distribution group. The e...

Pulling data from individual files to master list
Hello, I've just been entering the world of Excel for the past few months, as I started a new job last year and my main duty is to bring the company into the 21st century (or even the late 20th, at this point). What I'd like to do sounds a little backwards, but I think it's the way to go, if it's possible: I'm creating individual sheets for our products, so that all the relevant info for, say, product A001 is shown on one sheet named "A001.xls". But I would also like to create a "master" list. I say "master" in quotes because it's not r...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

how to drop grades
This is what I have so far: column E is for Quizzes and column I is for Labs. Quizzes (col E) counts for 10%. Labs (col I) counts for 20%. I want to drop the lowest 4 grades out of all the labs and quizzes for each student. For example, if the lowest 4 are all quizzes then no labs get dropped. Therefore to compute how much each grade is worth I need to divide the percent by the number of undropped grades in each column. MY QUESTION IS: how do you make this formula ? ...

How to map a file with the memory
Hai, I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can any one help me. Regards, S.Vinodh Noel Bangalore. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzdxd4x0.aspx Tom "chinthamani" <vinodh_noel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0efc199ebd7b8875325a7c997d8e598@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hai, > I want to map a file with the system memory. I am trying using > CreateFileMapping but I am not able to map the file with the memory. Can > any one help me. > > Regar...

CRM
Hi, I've got a problem to import data into drop down list (CRM). I alreday try cdf tools. But, when I execute the "p_cdf_PopulateStringMap" nothing happens! The cdf_StringMap is not completed... Help! someone has an idea to resolve my problem ? thanks regards, When you have installed the Data Migration Framework, you have also got 2 executables. You can (probably) find them in this folders: c:\program files\microsoft crm data migration tool\cdf c:\program files\microsoft crm data migration tool\cdfmigration one of the tools is called initializecdf.exe. Run this tool and...

Distribution List error #2
I have Exchange running as part of a Small Biz Server. When we try to create a DL of external address's (like 180 addresses) we get an error saying that we have exceeded the max size of the DL. I can't find anything that provides any indication of a limit such as this. Thanks again, Mark Semans 180 certainly isn't the limit of a multi-valued attribute in AD.... Did you try creating another DL to confirm it wasn't specific to that particular object? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog -------------------------...

How to create my own generic list?
I'm still new at C# or any OO program and my coworkers are all at a seminar this week. How do I create my own "generic list" that implements all the features of the .net generic list<string> plus a method to fill itself from strings in an external file. Is there a simple template somewhere I could start with? Do I just inherit from generic list and add my method? thanks, LJB "LJB" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:O%23EBRGuuKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'm still new at C# or any OO program and my coworkers a...

Canadian CRM Discussion List
Hi all: If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I would like to get some discussion groups going. Thanks. John. John Feel free to ask any crm questions here as we have an international audience "John Straumann" <jstraumann@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:eMioB96qDHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all: > > If anyone working with CRM is located in Canada, please let me know as I > would like to get some discussion groups going. > > Thanks. > > John. > > ...

Go to specific line in numbered list?
Hey all, I have a question that will hopefully save me a lot of time! I'm working on my dissertation, and my data (transcription of speech) is formatted in a very long numbered list. The thing is that there are often more than one actual lines per list item, like so: 1) ____________________________________ _______________________________________ ____________ 2) ____________________________________ ______________________________________ etc. What I have been trying to figure out is a way to jump to a specific *list number*, rather than actual line number. I have a lis...

If I update my xml schema, how to update associated xml?
If I update my xml schema, for example if I rename one of the elements, how do I modify the xml file based on that schema (that is, short of doing it manually). I open the xml file, right click, click on properties, for targetSchema-> the new update schema is not listed, when I enter "<" in xml doc, the intellisense brings up old schema names of original schema element names. ...

selecting XML from SQL2000 and using it in ASP.NET
I am running this in SQL Server 2000: SELECT lastname, firstname, title, hiredate FROM employees FOR XML AUTO I get back these results in the Query Analyzer: <employees lastname="Jones" firstname="James" title="Developer" hiredate="2004-05-10T00:00:00"/><employees lastname="Jordan" firstname="Ken" title="Sr. Developer" hiredate="2004-05-03T00:00:00"/> But in a webform, when I call the ExecuteXMLReader and do a Response.Write white looping through the reader, I only get back the first node. Any reason...

Stupid (I hope) XML questions
Ok, I have a project that is destined for continual growth and development over the next few years (benign scope creep). The object model is relatively generic at the moment, but will be extended considerably over time, mostly using inheritance. Each document will have a single element at the root and it will contain a collection of objects that are based off of a finite number of base classes. However, these objects may have numerous child classes and I can not guarantee that the child classes won't be containers themselves. References will be allowed between objects of different base typ...

Extract list using functions
Hi, can anyone help with the following: I want to extract items in a list and show them in another worksheet. An example of the master list would be: Name Dollars Quantity Months Customer1 $ Q 12 Customer2 $ Q 12 Customer3 $ Q 6 I want to be able to extract all those customers which have less than 12months data (as indicated in the month column). I want to be able to do this using functions in another worksheet and list those seperately there. Is there a way to do this? Elijah Hi y...

Automatically populating distribution lists in a public contact folder
We have a custom application which we wrote to add contacts in a public contact folder and to create and populate distribution lists in the same folder. One one machine, everything works fine, but on another machine, the distribution lists do not always get populated. Our application does not indicate any sort of error. We are using the outlook application automation object to create these items. We have been unable to determine why it works on one or two machines, but only sometimes on others. All machines are using Outlook 2003 SP1. ...

Querying XML data
Hello, Using SQL 2008 I'm taking xml string from a VARCHAR(max) datatype column and inserting into XML datatype column then want to query it. Doing the above like so: DECLARE @XmlSourceTable TABLE (RecordId INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, XmlData XML NOT NULL ) INSERT INTO @XmlSourceTable (XmlData) SELECT TOP 1 CONVERT(XML,REPLACE(REPLACE(CSR, '&lt;', '<'), '&gt;', '>'),2) FROM CDATA The xml looks like this after inserting here is just a small part: <SoapGetCSRReturnResponse xmlns="http://temp...

2005's XML editor?
I added a XSD file to my 2005 .Net web project. It converted it into a graphical layout, how can I view this as the XML text instead? I do not see an XML tab like there was in 2003. How do I create a "dataset" in 2005. In 2003 you would right click the proj, Add New -Dataset. This option is no longer there. Thanks, ...

Lists, Excel 2003, automatic subtotals
I have created a List using Excel 2003. I have sorted the list on the selected field. Instructions say to select a cell outside the list and select Data, Subtotal. However, the Subtotal is grayed. Therefore, the Subtotal dialog box is not available. I have done this in the past with Excel 2002; then one had to be in the list for the Subtotal dialog box to be available. However, if I go inside the List, it doesn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Suomi, > I have created a List using Excel 2003. I have sorted the > list on the selected field. Ins...

Validation list
Is there a way of using a list from another worksheet without having to bring the list into the current worksheet? Hi! Use a defined name. Sheet2!A1:A10 named List Data validation Allow list Source =List Biff >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way of using a list from another worksheet without having >to bring the list into the current worksheet? > >. > If you name the list on the other sheet, you can refer to it by name in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html smskater wrote: > Is ther...

Spam still getting through "Safe Lists Only"
Just like the topic says. Unfortunately, someone of spamming me from my own domain. What is "Safe Lists Only" since Outlook doesn't have that natively? What version of Outlook? What 3rd party Add Ins do you have? What type of mail account? "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AE887C-760E-4754-A4F4-E44BBB7F6BE9@microsoft.com... > Just like the topic says. > > Unfortunately, someone of spamming me from my own domain. "Kathleen Orland" <korland@nospamrogers.com> wrote in message news:ez0ZYo$qKH...

blocked senders list
How do I keep my blocked sender's list from being deleted when I restart my computer? It normally is on, but if I download or install something and have to restart my computer, the entire list is wiped out. Thank you. ...