UTC time to Central Time (US)

Hello.

I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
The date is in one column and the time is in another below.


        A            |         B
----------------------------------
Date                |      Time
----------------------------------
2005-10-24    |  12:15:00

I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
to a single Date and Time column in US Central
Time.

Thanks for any advice 


0
someone961 (56)
10/24/2005 1:38:12 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
651 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

Assuming UTC is the same as  GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,

so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and since
the y are all numbers just add

=A1+B1+(6/24)

format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM

where A1 holds the date and B1 the time


-- 

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:8t57f.1713$jV2.1091@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Hello.
>
> I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
> The date is in one column and the time is in another below.
>
>
>         A            |         B
> ----------------------------------
> Date                |      Time
> ----------------------------------
> 2005-10-24    |  12:15:00
>
> I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
> to a single Date and Time column in US Central
> Time.
>
> Thanks for any advice
>
>


0
terre081 (3244)
10/24/2005 2:57:36 PM
Thanks so much.  That did it.

But it should be =A1+B1-(5/24) for US Central
Time during summer time.
Please note the minus instead of plus.


"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:ugQ4GtK2FHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Assuming UTC is the same as  GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,
>
> so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and since
> the y are all numbers just add
>
> =A1+B1+(6/24)
>
> format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM
>
> where A1 holds the date and B1 the time
>
>
> -- 
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:8t57f.1713$jV2.1091@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>> Hello.
>>
>> I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
>> The date is in one column and the time is in another below.
>>
>>
>>         A            |         B
>> ----------------------------------
>> Date                |      Time
>> ----------------------------------
>> 2005-10-24    |  12:15:00
>>
>> I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
>> to a single Date and Time column in US Central
>> Time.
>>
>> Thanks for any advice
>>
>>
>
> 


0
someone961 (56)
10/24/2005 5:21:22 PM
You didn't mention anything about daylight savings

-- 

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom


"C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:mK87f.2603$Lv.2411@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net...
> Thanks so much.  That did it.
>
> But it should be =A1+B1-(5/24) for US Central
> Time during summer time.
> Please note the minus instead of plus.
>
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:ugQ4GtK2FHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Assuming UTC is the same as  GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,
> >
> > so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and
since
> > the y are all numbers just add
> >
> > =A1+B1+(6/24)
> >
> > format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM
> >
> > where A1 holds the date and B1 the time
> >
> >
> > -- 
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > news:8t57f.1713$jV2.1091@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
> >> The date is in one column and the time is in another below.
> >>
> >>
> >>         A            |         B
> >> ----------------------------------
> >> Date                |      Time
> >> ----------------------------------
> >> 2005-10-24    |  12:15:00
> >>
> >> I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
> >> to a single Date and Time column in US Central
> >> Time.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any advice
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
terre081 (3244)
10/24/2005 5:29:58 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

International Versions of Money 2006 vs US Version
There is only one version of Money 2006 for Canadians (Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition). There is no trial. 1. How does Money 2006 Canadian Edition compare to the Standard, Deluxe, Premium and Small Business editions available for US? 2. As a Canadian, what is the impact if I only use the US version? In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >There is only one version of Money 2006 for Canadians (Microsoft Money 2006 >Canadian Edition). There is no trial. > >1. How does Money 2006 Canadian Edition compare to the Standard, Deluxe, >Premium and Small Business editi...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

How to specify time with DATEDIFF
Is it possible to specify a specific hour when using DATEDIFF? For example this snippet from my query: (DATEDIFF(day, acct_banktran.eff_date, { fn NOW() }) <= 1) I know that this will query all acct_banktran.eff_date that took place yesterday but it pulls all of them starting from 12:00a.m.. How can I limit that query to only get specific acct_banktran.eff_date at a certain hour? Thank you. gjl_support wrote: > Is it possible to specify a specific hour when using DATEDIFF? For example > this snippet from my query: > > (DATEDIFF(day, acct_banktran.eff_da...

Cell formats, and time difference
Hi, some simple questions which I hope someone can help with... I am using excel on a computer with "danish locale". This means that numbers are displayed default like 1234,56. How do I change this to a format using a decimal point (instead of a comma)? How do I find the difference between to times? I have cells which just have times (not dates), and I want to find the difference between two times in hours. For example cells with 08:00 and 09:30 should give a difference of 1.5 Excel help gives an example like =TEXT(B2-A2,"h"), but this gives an error... Thanks, Pet...

Open msgbox at Time-hour
Hi, I´m working with Access2003, I have a form of "clients" where I can write "time" and "date" when I want to call back to each one. Right now, the msgbox only appears if I have the form of that customer open on the screen, so I have to run everyone to know if there is any call. Right now I have this Private Sub Form_Timer() If [hora] = TimeValue(Now()) Then MsgBox "abrir agenda!!!!" End If End Sub But what I need , is to open the msgbox even if I´ve other customer or form on the screen. So I´m trying the following: Dim rs As DAO...

How can you see in real time who is sending email
- Hello everyone, Exchange 5.5 How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? Several times per week I have users sending out large amounts of email. I need to know if there is a way to see who is sending in real time. Something that will point me to the user(s) doing the sending right now (real time) Thanks for any help, Terry On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:45 -0500, "theitman" <nospam@olsbuff.com> wrote: >- >Hello everyone, > >Exchange 5.5 >How can I see in real time who is sending outbound email? >Several times per week I have users sending out...

Formula causing run-time error in Excel Programming
This is a repost. I have the following line of code that I am trying to drop in a cell via Access VBA but I keep getting a Run-time error 1004, Application-defined or object-defined error. xls.cells(Rw, Col + lngColumn).value = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000,ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2:ET_Raw_Data!$C$20000)-ROW(ET_Raw_Data!$C$2),0,1)),--(ET_Raw_Data!$A$2:ET_Raw_Data!$A$20000=A" & lngColumn + 1 & "),--(ET_Raw_Data!$D$2:ET_Raw_Data!$D$20000='Feature Request'))" I already have 2 other formulas that are being add...

Display time to the milliseconds
Is there any way to format a cell to display time to the millisecond? hh:mm:ss.000 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Patrick C. Simonds" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23nwn1TeOJHA.4180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to format a cell to display time to the millisecond? Peo, What am I doing wrong? Cell has =TIME(3,4,5.125) and is formatted as hh:mm:ss.000 but displays 3:04:05.000 Thanks -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Peo Sjoblom" <peo.sjoblom@mvps.org> wrote...

Combined date time cell to separate date & time components #3
From file dump have combined date time cells eg 14/04/03 14:20 (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) Please look for the previous answers you've gotten, including at least 2 to your identical post yesterday. In article <F0A5B5BA-2E80-4875-A042-D3514FD4E228@microsoft.com>, "Ma...

Adding Times up
Hi I am after some help in time. I have a time sheet that I want to add up how many hours and minute someone works. Col A is start time Col B is End Col C is total. A B C 09:15:00 14:30:00 05:15:00 09:15:00 15:15:00 06:00:00 09:00:00 14:50:00 05:50:00 09:00:00 14:45:00 05:45:00 12:00:00 16:15:00 04:15:00 No problem doing that but I want to add up col C so it returns hour and minutes. ? If I use what Excel help it says =SUM(F14:F20)*24 then get 27.08 which is not right. I think it should be 27.05 What am I doing ...

Finding a Central Location
I have a Table that has over 107,000 records in it. It includes origin city and state and destination city and state. I am trying to figure out where the best place to put a new warehouse or warehouses would be using all of this shipping data. Is there any way that I can do that using Access 2000? If I could put all of the locations on a map of some kind that might be useful as well. Thanks for any help you can give me and Happy Holidays! ...

Date Time Picker - Newbie
Hi All, In a Dialog Based project I am using the following code to get a day , month & year values from the DATETIMEPICKER in VC 6. The Control variable name is m_ctrlGetdate and was added through the Wizard. COleDateTime Date; m_ctrlGetdate.GetTime(Date); int PickDay =Date.ctrlGetdate(); int PickMonth = Date.ctrlGetdate(); int PickYear = Date.ctrlGetdate(); CString PickDate; PickDate.Format(" %d / %d / %d",PickDay ,PickMonth ,PickYear ); AfxMessageBox(PickDate); This works perfectly on my Main Dialog (and any other project I have use...

M2005 Net worth over time
When I open this report, I get the dates listed above, in report format and then the rest is all blank, until I change it to something other than "totals". Once I switch back to totals, the numbers show up as normal. Why is this happening? Also is there a reason why I cant change the report format to any kind of charts? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Mandeep wrote: >When I open this report, I get the dates listed above, in report format and >then the rest is all blank, until I change it to something other than >"totals". Once I switch back to totals, the...

Mail taking long time to display
We have Outlook 2000's at work accessing our Exchange Servers. We have one client that seems to hang up for awhile before getting her mail. If I send her a message from my office to hers, it takes from 10-25 minutes to actually get to her. If I send it to anyone else, it is immediate. If she sends a message to me, it is immediate. What could cause this behavior? There are no viruses on this machine. That was the first thing I checked. Thanks, Tom. Is she in on-line mode? Deselect File-> Work Offline -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month:...

Word (WordPDE module) crashes every time when Print->Save as PDF
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br><br>I have an annoying problem with Word 2008 crashing every time immediately when I go File -> Print... -> Save as PDF... <br><br>the error box that pops up says: <br> &quot;Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.&quot; <br><br>if you click on the More Information button, the error report begins with: <br> Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 <br><br>Error Signature: ...

Help with counting only one time
Hi, I am trying to run a query to count number of order received in the week (date range). The problem is some order has more than 1 record with different operation, so if the order 1100 has 10 operations, then it is counting 10 instead of 1. Is there a way in query design to specify that the order is a unique value only? Or how should I go about solving this? Thanks Use a subquery to get the unique records, and then count the number of records in the subquery. This example works in the Northwind sample database: SELECT Count("*") AS HowMany FROM (SELECT DISTINCT Or...

How to keep IE from timing out on long operation
It seems that IE8 is less forgiving for long operations than previous versions. 10 seconds and it abandons the connection. Is there a way I can have my aspx file inform IE about how long to wait, or to give it some indication that data is coming during a long operation (like a long SQL query). Thanks, ....Matt "Matt Houser" <matt@houser.ca> wrote in message news:BC2449A0-AD91-4AB4-B775-EED321D95EC5@microsoft.com... > It seems that IE8 is less forgiving for long operations than previous > versions. 10 seconds and it abandons the connection. Th...

vba timing
Hi, On a daily basis I recieve emails which have spreadsheet attachments, these emails I want to move to another Outlook folder and save the attachment to a folder on my 'c:' disk drive. I have vba code to save the attachment and I created a rule for when the 'subject' line contains specific text to move it to the other Outlook folder and run a vba sub which calls another sub which does the actual work, see below(ps: I got this code from someplace on the web). I believe this code/process will work but I'm having one issue which is the rule says Apply this ...

Mail Merge queues 10 pages at a time, can I change this?
When I submit a large mail merge job, it queues 10 pages at a time to the printer. Can I change this to a larger size? Stephen <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I submit a large mail merge job, it queues 10 pages at a time to > the printer. Can I change this to a larger size? There is a way you can set the number of records per batch using the Registry (fix courtesy of KATMA) Open registry using regedit.exe Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\<Pub Version>.0 \Publisher\Printing Create new "string value&q...

Lock workbook after elapsed time
I need to lock a worksheet after 1 month has elapsed. Any idea on how i can do this please? What do you mean by "lock"? If you mean protect the sheets and workbooks, you can put this in your ThisWorkbook code module (right-click on the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const PWORD As String = "drowssap" Dim wkSht As Worksheet If Date > DateSerial(2003, 12, 24) Then ActiveWorkbook.Protect Password:=PWORD, _ Structure:=True, Windows:=False For Each wkSht In Worksh...

Money 2005
Well Money 2005 looks pretty. That's the only positive thing I can say at the moment. It created duplicate accounts for all my accounts. Most I merged, such is life. However, my main credit card account with Citibank now has an evil twin, and merge won't let me merge it! What gives? It knows they're both held at citibank, knows the acct numbers are the same, but refuses to let me merge them (they are not shown in the list of mergeable accounts). Even more ridiculously, if I try to delete the duplicate account I get two choices: 1) "Close" the account. i.e. l...

Trying to calculate difference between two times in an access repo
I am trying to calculate the difference between two times in an access report and don't know what the correct expression is. My report has a column of "Start" and "End" that has the start time of the project and the end time of the project. I need the difference between the 2 so I created an expression for "Total production time" - =timediff("h",[end],[start]) but a box keeps appearing when I try to view the report which means I have an error and I don't know where I went wrong Try the DateDiff() function. "h" might not ...

Macro to record user name and date/time
Is it possible to record a macro that when someone on the network opens my workbook that it records the user's name, time and date on a hidden protected worksheet? Can this then be expanded further by if the user then changes something, either adds, modify, or delete information from my workbook then the user's name, date, time and changes (including worksheet name, cell co-ordinates (i.e. A1) and information modified from and modified too) are recorded on a hidden protected worksheet? Thanx in advance. Maddoktor ...

Calculating times #2
I have two columns. One which calculates the length of time a job will take to run on a machine, and the other in which we put the time the job will come off the machine. At present we enter the time off manually. Is it possible to calculate the time off automatically (to the nearest 1/4 of an hour) if we put in a start time ? Thanks Assuming that the start time is in A2, job time in B2, and they are both formatted as time, just use =ROUND((A2+B2)*96,0)/96 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gibbylinks" <gibbylinks@discussions.microsof...

Time Function
Is there a function that allows you to automatically enter the time of day in a cell based other information being entered in another cell (IF..Then) and not have the time automatically updated every time you open the spreadsheet? Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <7BB4F41E-202A-4676-B066-1FFEBD67E40D@microsoft.com>, "Donovan" <Donovan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a function that allows you to automatically enter the time of day in > a cell based other information being entered in another cell (IF...