UTC time to Central Time (US)

Hello.

I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
The date is in one column and the time is in another below.

        A            |         B
----------------------------------
Date                |      Time
----------------------------------
2005-10-24    |  12:15:00

I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
to a single Date and Time column in US Central
Time.

Thanks for any advice

0
someone961 (56)
10/24/2005 1:38:12 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assuming UTC is the same as  GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,

so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and since
the y are all numbers just add

=A1+B1+(6/24)

format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM

where A1 holds the date and B1 the time

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
> The date is in one column and the time is in another below.
>

>         A            |         B
> ----------------------------------
> Date                |      Time
> ----------------------------------
> 2005-10-24    |  12:15:00
>
> I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
> to a single Date and Time column in US Central
> Time.
>
> Thanks for any advice

0
terre081 (3244)
10/24/2005 2:57:36 PM
Thanks so much.  That did it.

But it should be =A1+B1-(5/24) for US Central
Time during summer time.
Please note the minus instead of plus.

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Assuming UTC is the same as  GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,
>
> so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and since
> the y are all numbers just add
>
> =A1+B1+(6/24)
>
> format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM
>
> where A1 holds the date and B1 the time
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Hello.
>>
>> I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
>> The date is in one column and the time is in another below.
>>

>>         A            |         B
>> ----------------------------------
>> Date                |      Time
>> ----------------------------------
>> 2005-10-24    |  12:15:00
>>
>> I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
>> to a single Date and Time column in US Central
>> Time.
>>
>> Thanks for any advice

0
someone961 (56)
10/24/2005 5:21:22 PM
You didn't mention anything about daylight savings

--

> Thanks so much.  That did it.
>
> But it should be =A1+B1-(5/24) for US Central
> Time during summer time.
> Please note the minus instead of plus.
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Assuming UTC is the same as  GMT then the difference is 6 hours STD,
> >
> > so if the time is 06:00 AM it is 12:00 PM GMT, thus add 6 hours and
since
> > the y are all numbers just add
> >
> > =A1+B1+(6/24)
> >
> > format as m/d/yy h:mm or m/d/yy h:mm AM/PM
> >
> > where A1 holds the date and B1 the time
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I need to convert UTC time to US Central Time Zone.
> >> The date is in one column and the time is in another below.
> >>

> >>         A            |         B
> >> Date                |      Time
> >> 2005-10-24    |  12:15:00
> >>
> >> I want to convert the Date and Time columns in UTC
> >> to a single Date and Time column in US Central
> >> Time.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any advice

0
terre081 (3244)