Using VBA to change the color of Row and Column Headings

Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row
headings using VBA.  I would like to have them appear, under certain
conditions, as something other than the dull gray.  I know how to
inhibit their display but can't figure out how to change the color.
Maybe it is not possible.

Thank you.

0
XXXXXXXX (110)
3/16/2005 11:33:33 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote...
>Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row
>headings using VBA.  I would like to have them appear, under certain
>conditions, as something other than the dull gray.  I know how to
>inhibit their display but can't figure out how to change the color.
>Maybe it is not possible.

It's not possible.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
3/17/2005 3:41:41 AM
As Harlan says no, But you could build your own in row 1 and column A, and
suppress the real ones. You can do whatever you wish with them then.

--

HTH

RP

"Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row
> headings using VBA.  I would like to have them appear, under certain
> conditions, as something other than the dull gray.  I know how to
> inhibit their display but can't figure out how to change the color.
> Maybe it is not possible.
>
> Thank you.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/17/2005 2:12:55 PM
Thank you Bob.  Good suggestion.  However, will the new ones exhibit the
same properties as the original ones such as ability to resize the rows
and columns and select entire rows and columns, etc.?

Thanks again.

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> As Harlan says no, But you could build your own in row 1 and column A,
> and
> suppress the real ones. You can do whatever you wish with them then.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row
>> headings using VBA.  I would like to have them appear, under certain
>> conditions, as something other than the dull gray.  I know how to
>> inhibit their display but can't figure out how to change the color.
>> Maybe it is not possible.
>>
>> Thank you.

0
XXXXXXXX (110)
3/17/2005 4:04:56 PM
Not that I am aware of. There may be keyboard shortcuts, but I don't know
them, but you can still do it. albeit more long-windedly.

--

> Thank you Bob.  Good suggestion.  However, will the new ones exhibit the
> same properties as the original ones such as ability to resize the rows
> and columns and select entire rows and columns, etc.?
>
> Thanks again.
>

> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > As Harlan says no, But you could build your own in row 1 and column A,
> > and
> > suppress the real ones. You can do whatever you wish with them then.
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message
> >> Is it possible to change the color of Excel 2003 column and/or row
> >> headings using VBA.  I would like to have them appear, under certain
> >> conditions, as something other than the dull gray.  I know how to
> >> inhibit their display but can't figure out how to change the color.
> >> Maybe it is not possible.
> >>
> >> Thank you.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/17/2005 4:23:10 PM
"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote...
>Not that I am aware of. There may be keyboard shortcuts, but I don't know
>them, but you can still do it. albeit more long-windedly.

One could use the SelectionChange event handler to make clicking in the
pseudo worksheet frame in row 1 and col A select entire rows or columns.

0
hrlngrv (1990)
3/17/2005 4:36:14 PM
"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote...
> >Not that I am aware of. There may be keyboard shortcuts, but I don't know
> >them, but you can still do it. albeit more long-windedly.
>
> One could use the SelectionChange event handler to make clicking in the
> pseudo worksheet frame in row 1 and col A select entire rows or columns.

Good idea.

Double-click could auto-resize :-)

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

if cell is text move left one column

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Using scanner in Word97

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Saving toolbar changes

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Changing query execution sequence

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Using later version of microsoft access

Automatic changes in cells