using UDL to connect to Foxpro database

Hi all,
It seems that microsoft is no longer supporting ODBC connection to Visual
Foxpro
9. Instead, it is recommended to use OLE database provider. I have created
the connection information to be used with the OLE driver (UDL file)  but I
can't find how to use it from within the pivot table "get data" wizard. I
can only see the ODBC connections. Can anybody help?
Thanks

0
i_koussa (1)
4/26/2008 3:36:44 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Help
Hi, We have a two till setup with the master database on one of the tills. For some reason on we seem to lose connection to the database during the tendering of sales and the POS crashes. This results in losing the sales information too so hence the stock numbers become incorrect. It's a nightmare! The network between the till's has been checked, however this problem even happens on the Till where the database resides so this is not the problem. I've also noticed that the tills run slow sometimes. There are no other processes running on the system other than the POS...

Use exprofre.exe with Citrix
I am migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 and consolidating sites. For the users that have been moved cross administrative groups I need to run exprofre.exe when they first logon to fix their outlook profiles. This works fine for "fat" users but this doesn't work for "thin" users who work through citrix. If there is already one user working in outlook on the citrix server the exprofre.exe utility will not run because outlook is open... Does anyone of you know a solution to this? Thanks, Stijn In terminal type software issues such as these can be resolved ...

Restoring a mailbox using W2k Backup
Hi, I have accidentally deleted a mailbox from my Exchange 5.5 server(running W2K server) and need restore it from backup. I am trying to follow the instructions in Article 163713. I have installed Exchange Server 5.5 on another Windows 2000 server and have created a new site with the same site and organization name as the original server. I go into Windows 2000 backup and try to restore it but I cannot select the other server to restore to... I can only select the original server. Am I doing somthing wrong??? Can you please get back to me urgently on this? Thanks in advance. Kind Rega...

Locking cels using a UDF
I'm not entirely sure if this is possible or not... but here we go. I'm looking to lock down two cells in a row after data is input into the cells... for the entire spreadsheet... or at least 2000 rows. I think the easiest way would be to have a function since I could fill down and the two cells would change relative to the position of the function. Basically, I'm looking to lock cells A1:B1 and so on all the way down the spreadsheet. I've seen some subroutines to lock cells, but I don't know how to use them in the spreadsheet, and I'm having a heck of a time trying...

"Balance account" used to automatically clear downloaded transactions but stopped doing so
This month when I went to balance my checking account, whose transactions are imported from a download file, the balance window came up with E marked for all downloaded transactions and I had to manually check them all cleared. Previously downloaded/imported transactions up to the closing statement were already cleared by Money. What do I have to change to return to that situation? Also...had an error in the statement opening balance, so restored my previous backup and the balance went o.k. However on line update is stuck in progress. There was a message about having to reset up online se...

Use query results to copy files?
Hi, I have a query that returns results like: Name: ID: Picture ID File Name: Bob 1234 bobs_id_pic.jpg Tina 5678 tinas_id_pic.jpg .... Is there a way to use these results to (automatically) copy all the id_pics to another folder (assuming all ID pics are in the same folder)? Thanks! Yes, but it's not a trivial task. You would have to open a recordset on the query results and then use the file system object to do the copying. If there aren't too many, it will be quicker to do it manually. -Dorian "Gary" wrote: > Hi, I have a qu...

using countif function to add only a half of a number
I would like to use the countif function to count a letter a a half ".5" instead of as a whole "1." The application that it would be used for is on a payroll workbook. i.e. "P" would eaqul a whole personal day whereas a "HP" would be a half of a personal day. From there I would like to add all of the "P's" and "HP's" in one Cell. this would be like 4.5 days used compared with 4 days used (P,P,P,P, HP)=4.5 Thanks, Brandon One way =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:A100,{"P";"HP"}),{1;0.5}) where your P/HP day...

Connection string, avoiding the use of ODBC
I have an application I deploy that makes a number of internal SQL calls for all sorts of purposes. In order to isolate the connection, I used a global CONST, cnn, that reads: "ODBC;Database=testing;UID=;PWD=;DSN=SQL Server" The problem with this approach is that it requires me to set up a SQL Server DNS on every new machine. Since the hardware guys are there at odd hours, this invariably leaves new machines without a link in the morning. Reading over the excellent wiki article on MDAC suggests that this isn't really the way to do this anyway, and that I should be using ...

using current directory in the file path
I need a macro to import data from an Access database into a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet and database will be in the same directory but the name of the directory will be different for each use. I have recorded a macro which does this but the name of the directory is fixed. I need to have the macro look in the current directory. A snippet of the maco is : With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Array( _ "ODBC;DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=c:\transfer\W5.mdb;DefaultDir=c:\transfer;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5" _ ), Arra...

What can i use to read the transaction log files?
If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read the log file? No, and I would recommend you don't open them in anything, what exactly are you looking for? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "llewell" <llewell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E75FC280-0F6D-4183-977C-1D6157E5C27F@microsoft.com... > If I open the e00XXXXX.log files using notepad they are encrypted is some > way. Is there a tool I can use to be able to read ...

Using a query as base for report
Hello, I have created a table where I run a query picking the columns I want in the query. From the query, I create a report. My question is this: Whenever I open the report, I want it to show only the open items. Example: My query has 10 columns, when ALL the fields are populated, the record is complete and does not need to be in the report (i.e. open items report). If the 10 fields are NOT all completed, it's still considered opened and will be on the report when it is run. I think I'm thinking too much about it and making it sound harder to myself. Can you please...

Using Intelligent Message Filtering
How can I set up some domains or emails that must not to block by IMF? SCL rating => 8. For example, I need receive all messages from newsletter@somedomain.com. I'll try to set Global Settings-Message Delivery-Connection Filtering-Exception add newsletter@news.somedomain.com (or *@*.somedomain.com ), but this has no effect: messages from newsletter@somedomain.com move to Archive folder anyway. Additionally, Connection Filtering used (masks 127.0.0.3, ...5, ...7, ...9). Plz, help me! I'm really need this feature. ...

Copied CRM database to new server
Hello all, I have been testing our upgrade options to CRM 4.0 but this error comes in before that. I have successfully created our CRM server on a new server and everything works fine for all users except for me. I noticed in my roles, I am only set as a system administrator. I can only see a few basic items in the my workplace area. I cannot see cases/account/contacts... Why has this changed just because i installed the CRM server? and how can i fix it? Regards Ian Ian, check your user profile. there is a 'restricted access' flag at the bottom of the user profile screen -...

Using MS Outlook as a client to Lotus Notes-Please help
We use Lotus Notes as the mail Server. I would like to use MS Outlook or Outlook Express as the mail client to Lotus notes. Please help how do I setup Outlook as a client to Lotus Notes a step by step procedure is appreciated. Thanks Karen refer here: " Connecting Microsoft Outlook to Lotus Notes" http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/lotusnotes.htm "Karen Middleton" <karenmiddleol@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a5fd468a.0503181805.24086cce@posting.google.com... > We use Lotus Notes as the mail Server. I would like to use MS Outlook > or Outlook Express...

New user not added to TWO database
Hello, I've recently noticed that newly created users are not added to the TWO database when they are created in GP. This prevents the user from being able to log in (they get an error message saying to contact the system administrator). Is there a SQL query I can run to fix this problem? Thanks Josh Josh, No SQL. Go into Tools > Setup > User Access and add the user to the companies that you want them to access. -- Lyle U Josh Kandiko wrote: > Hello, > > I've recently noticed that newly created users are not added to the > TWO database when they are cre...

version differences in excel 2007
I have a large workbook in excel 2003 which uses an embedded lookup macro to report certain data by date. works well. I now need to run this workbook in excel 2007, and have some problems. - I get the range label error, although all ranges are defined names. - lookup is across multiple ranges, either as a vlookup, or as and 'intersection' between defined range names. - If I try to run it in my Student/Home version (at home), the macro will not load or run. If I run it in the Enterprise version (at work), it runs though slowly. If I run it in Office Mac2008, it won'...

Formating the CRM Database
I want to clear all customization what i did for CRM. What is the Easy method. I want to remove all data and entities i have created.. Regards Labhesh Shrimali Bangalore - India Re-import the original customizations.xml file that you (should have) exported immediately after installing CRM. ;) -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Labhesh Shrimali - Bangalore" wrote: > > I want to clear all customization what i did for CRM. > What is the Easy method. > > I want to remove all data and entities i have created.. > > Regards > Labhesh Shr...

dll in use by Windows
On some PCs (Win2000, WinXP...) when I try to delete my Windows explorer plugin (COM object) I have to kill Explorer.exe process using task manager. On my PC with WinXP SP2 I don't need to kill Explorer.exe process. I simply delete dll and my plugin works fine (cached in RAM somehow?) untill next time I restart Windows Explorer. Then Windows Explorer doesn't load my plugin (because it doesn't exists). Is this a new feature in WinXP SP2 that you no longer need to shut down app to delete dll it is using? Or it works only with Windows Explorer? Is there any other way (that wor...

Updating XML Using Linq

How do I use the autofilter to sort a list
How do I use the autofilter to sort a list You don't. Autofilter is used to filter a list. Data - Sort is used to sort a list. HTH Otto "cookie" <cookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A04C6E7-C110-4260-8EC2-05DDE94D0BEF@microsoft.com... > How do I use the autofilter to sort a list Depends on the version of excel you're using. If you apply the data|filter|autofilter to the list, do you see "Sort ascending" and "sort descending" at the top of the list when you use the arrow in the header? cookie wrote: > > How ...

Sorting Records using the Double click event
I know this should be simple but can't seem to get it to work. I have 2 fields in a form "Surname" & "FirstName" all I want to do is use the sort on either field if I double click that particular field. I have tried using the runCommand record sort but get a Varible not defined error. Thanks Les Les You've described "what" you have tried, but not "how". Post the code you are trying, it might provide the newsgroup readers a few more clues... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Micr...

Exchange server 2003 needs to be rebooted, clients stop connecting
Outlook stops working, you cannot send or receive mail, it just seems to disappear into a queue, then, Outlook starts to disconnect from Exchange, users cannot start Outlook. However, the Exchange management program continues to work fine. originally thought the problem may of been to do with sophos, but removed it and still getting the problem, the only way to correct it so far is to reboot server errors in log: 9127 1022 2107 2122 2114 2266 2080 enabled dsaccess logging also have a problem where as the event logs dont show full deatils of error eg The local compu...

Which Reporting Component RMS uses
which reporting component RMS uses. It's very simple and easy for customer to get any report he/she wants. Is it a special component? XtraReports? ActiveReports? Crystal Reports? How did microsoft implement the end user designer i.e. allow users choose the fields to display etc. Thank you for any help ...

Publisher 2007 crashes when I use spell check
With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and then I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." Spell check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the spell-checker and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... all to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who has ever reported this problem. Any suggestions a layman might understand? TIA How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://suppor...

How to connect to database
I just installed MSDE and RMS. The instructions say that I should now connect to the sample database. I can see that the database server is running (icon on taskbar). How do I know what my server and logon information is? server name is "(local)" , or you can use the actual name of the system as defined in Windows The default MSDE install will set up an account called 'sa' with a blank password. You can set a different password during the MSDE portion of the install, so this is really dependent on what you did when you installed. Server: (local) User Name: ...