using RANK

I know i can rank a column of numbers from largerst to smallest.
Can I use rank for smallest to largest? Any help appreciated.
Skip
0
ssummer (10)
5/6/2008 10:28:51 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Help has a pretty good explanation, look for the order, 0 or omitted is
descending and 1 is ascending

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Skip" <ssummer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I know i can rank a column of numbers from largerst to smallest.
> Can I use rank for smallest to largest? Any help appreciated.
> Skip

0
terre081 (3244)

Programming PowerPoint using VBA
I have been working on a project where I need to add some shapes to a presentation using VBA. Of course I run the code as I test many times and each time I do notice the shapes just keeping getting added to the slides. What I don't understand is why the objects I am adding persist after the slide show is no longer executing. They even remain part of the presentation when I close and reopen it. Why is that? I haven't even saved the presentation. I know I am missing something fundamental here, but it has been difficult to find a resource on the Net to explain away my co...

Using Microsoft Help: Add Text Boxes, etc.
Fellow posters: I have MS Excel 2000 (v. 9.0.3821) and need help on working with its map function--the MS Map in my Excel is MapInfo version 8.0. I have never used it before. My eventual goal is to import this map into a MS Word document. For a upcoming report, I'd like to do a few maps of the U.S., where I'd be able to congregate neighboring states together into separate regions and add some text annotation. I'd also like to individually color selected states. After receiving help from a Word group and some hair-pulling, I managed to create a map in MS Map, put it in MS Excel, ...

Use Value In An Adjacent Cell
I would like to find the maximum number in a column of numbers and then use the value in the cell one cell above and one cell to the right of the maximum number. Can someone assist me with the formula? The Data: B C D 10/25/2004 57,636 19.039 11/03/2004 58,015 19.627 11/12/2004 58,431 17.774 This formula will return 58,431 (the maximum number in the range) =MAX($C$6:$C$55) Once I find that number I need the value one cell above and one cell to the right (19.627 in this case). ...

Generate number NOT using a form
Hi, I've searched hi an low on this site and others, and the nearest match was a question from Galaxykid in November. I'm running Office 2000 and have used the Template Wizaed to create a template that is used as a form to input data into another spreadsheet. I would like one field on the template (which appears as a spreadsheet NOT an Excel Form) to generate sequential numbers for each new record that is entered and saved using my template. I know it can't be that hard but I've been trying to figure this out for two days! Help!!!!! Thanks in advance. Davis Try loo...

Import Data using Forms
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into an exisiting table in access? Thank you!! You can use the TransferSpreadsheet Method to import a spreadsheet. The click event of the button would run the code you write for the import. "carolini" <carolini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B2F52-96CD-421B-A940-A200A0D129CF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me how I can set up a form to import an excel sheet into > an > exisiting table in access? > > Thank you!! > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:24...

Using IF and MAX (and IF and MIN) together
I am a newbie to Excel. I have a spreadsheet for a class in which I am required to find the most sales by using IF and MAX. Also, I must find the least sales using IF and MIN. Can anyone help me put a formula together? Becky Wrote: > I am a newbie to Excel. I have a spreadsheet for a class in which I am > required to find the most sales by using IF and MAX. Also, I must find > the > least sales using IF and MIN. Can anyone help me put a formula > together? Assuming your sales figures are in A1:A100, use *=max(A1:A100) * to determine the maximum number in the range a...

Is it possible to use USB ports in Visual C++ 6.0 (MFC)?
Best regards bayX wrote: > Best regards It depends on what you mean by "use." -n "Nikolaos D. Bougalis" <nikb@webmaster.com> wrote: >bayX wrote: > >> Best regards > > It depends on what you mean by "use." > > -n Now that is really helpful, how about "communicate with USB device" ? In my case I have a GUID and driver supplied by the device manufacturer, but cannot see how to use them. Colin I have a gsm phone. I want to write a program that will send SMS. My gsm phone can be connected to my computer from USB . S...

Change xlstart path
Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points to a network path. I know there is an alternate startup path but that is for XL templates. I need to point to a macro , so that the macro starts up when opening excel. Hope this makes sense. I wouldn't change this setting (even if I knew how). And I wouldn't want you to change it for me, either. Have you thought of just telling people to install an addin: tools|addins and point to that network workbook Craig wrote: > > Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points ...

Can I use a 'lookup' to a Pivot Table?
I am attempting to compare one column of data (a list Employee numbers) to another (on a different sheet in the same workbook, also of Ee #s but not as complete) and put the number in the corresponding cell back to the original spreadsheet. Since the lists aren't exact, I can't simply do an (='other sheet'!A1)and drag it down. The lists are both formated as numbers and in numerical order but not the same length. The oddity is that the sheet I'm referencing to is a Pivot Table. I'm getting a #N/A message. Thanks in advance You could use the GETPIVOTDATA function: ...

Am using avery business cards top margin does not print
I CAN SEE THE MARGIN IN THE PREVIEW BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS PRINTS. I'VE TRIED DIFFERENT PAPERS AND DIFFERENT PRINTERS. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm for a possible explanation. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "LSMITH DESIGNED EQUIPMENT" <LSMITH DESIGNED EQUIPMENT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095766D2-D691-4AF1-B4F1-F57614C13B31@microsoft.com... >I CAN SEE THE MARGIN IN THE PREVIEW BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS PRINTS. I'VE...

using exchange 5.5 for calender sharing only
We have a client who is running an old exchange 5.5 server on a WinNT4 sp6 PDC machine for the sole purpose of sharing their calendar. They have multiple pop accounts handled by outside ISP's and all of the clients (5) have their own pst files stored on the server. they are able to send emails with two of the three pop accounts but not their primary one - the one that has a connectoid on the Exchange server. they get a replay saying undeliverable. But the message itself is not returned. My question is since there is no need for the exchange server to process any mail do they need any speci...

Using DateAdd function with cell values
Both F7 and H7 contain a date yet this sub does not execute the statements after Then.................Please help. Sub GetAmOrDep() Dim TestDate As Date TestDate = DateAdd("m", Range("F7").Value, Range("H7").Value) If TestDate < Range("I7").Value Then Range("K7").Select Selection.Copy Range("M7").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End If End Sub Read help on DateAdd. It is not two dates, but an interval and a date. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "loren.pot...

Two Computers on the same network using the one email address!
Hi, I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003. Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with out all mail going to one or other computer?? I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up. Thanks -- Val Assuming a POP3 account; Configure your account settings to leave a copy on the server. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.how...

highlight cells to obtain total without using formula?
In previous versions of Excel, I use to be able to select a group of cells to obtain a total, without having to use a formula. The total would appear at the bottom of the window. Is this function still available in Excel2003? Do you have a visible status bar (Tools>Options>View, and see if status bar is checked)? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rdavia" <rdavia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98C2B407-DE54-4C0D-A6AE-89A6A50E751C@microsoft.com... > In previous versions of Excel, I use to be able to select ...

appending data to ms access table using ms excel
Help, I am trying to update an Access table that has one field with a value that is coming from an Excel table. I looked through several cites are I have been unsuccessful. I believe that ADO would be needed to accomplish the task. If anyone has a short example of the code that would be needed in Excel to control access please let me know. Thanks in advance Here's a routine that I use to append daily stock price information to the MDB file where I keep historical quotes. I have a generic function that sets up the connection, rather than doing that in the sub itself. Prices() is...

Setting up/using Analytical Acctg.
I have what I think is a very simple requirement. The client wants to be able to track jobs. Specifically he wants to be able to run a report and see how much money he made or lost on a particulr job. Now this seems like a pretty straightforward and simple use of AA to me, but it seems that simple still does not mean easy. I set up AA with a single Trx dimension (JOBS), and assigned Transaction Dimesion Codes (JOB01, JON02, etc). I can post POs and Saels Invoices, distribute amounts to the various jobs, and the Posting Journals (and AA porting journals) show all the correct amounts. ...

create a slides show with excell spreadsheets using excell
I would like to create slides in excell from my existing datasheets. I do not want to copy to another program. Is this possible? ...

Using Word As Email Editor
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Why can't I copy/paste a table from a word docx into an email? Once pasted into the email, the document loses all formatting - including the table? On 2/9/10 3:55 PM, in article 59bb28f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Aun_Dohadwala@officeformac.com" <Aun_Dohadwala@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why can't I copy/paste a table from a word docx into an email? Once pasted > into the email, the document loses all formatting - including the table? Entourage does not ha...

Compiler Error when using VB Namespace
I get an error when use Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices: Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'CompilerServices' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' (are you missing an assembly reference?) using Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices; using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Diagnostics; Rick wrote: > I get an error when use Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices: > Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name > 'CompilerServices' does no...

OX80042109 Message when Unable to Send Email in 2003 Outlook using verizon DSL
I was unable to send email in my outbox today using a new (2 week old) Dell GX520, microsoft small business edition (OUTLOOK 2003) and Verizon DSL. Kept getting unable to connect to the outgoing server and this 0X80042109 message. Also the incoming pop connection couldn't be made, although I still go my incoming email. Only outgoing was stuck in the outgoing box. Verizon said the OX is a microsoft error. He took out all my settings for verizon and put them back in and then it worked. But what does this OX signify? He thought there might be a corruption in a DLL file. This is my 3rd ...

How can I use Using Smart Pointer Classes in msxml api and also Include Headers and Libraries Manually.
How can I use Using Smart Pointer Classes in msxml api and also Include Headers and Libraries Manually H I have some problem to using smart pointer in msxml , I can include Headers and Libraries Manually by doing 1. put #include <msxml2.h> in my header files 2. Link msxml2.lib to my project But I am not be able to using smart pointer which is very nice I only can using smart point by putting #import <msxml4.dll using namespace MSXML2 in my header file. But this is requires msxml4.dll in my system path otherwise the project will not compile. Our project is big so that all the runtime...

using validation to autofill cell
hi.. i have an excel sheet that i use validation to choose what i want to fill cell with. what i'd like to do is to autofill another cell based on what i pick from the validation drop down list. i have 2 lists e.g. list1 list2 x 1 y 2 z 3 if from my drop down box i pick x i'd like cell B5 (for example) to show 1 and so on. thanks in advance for any help You can use a VLookup formula to return the matching value when an item is selected. There's information in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.con...

Search using exact criteria for customers
In Point of Sale there should be an option for an 'exact search', so that results that do not match any existing records do not return a result that is similar to what was searched on. Currently users will enter an incorrect or non-existent customer number and will accidentally select the wrong customer instead of receiving an "Invalid number" message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Using Active Directory Users and Computers to administer Exchange
We have a 50+ Exchanger Server setup, 10 5.5 servers and over 40 2003 servers. I have Windows 2000 Professional on my workstation. When I go to a group in ADUC and try to add a user to the message restrictions part, I get an error. It is: Access Denied Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extensions. If I use 5.5 Admin, I can edit the message restrictions. Any ideas? do you have exchange system manager on your 2000 pro workstation? if not, you won't be able to use exchange extensions from there just be cautious if you install it with outlook;...