Using Formulas to Change Colors

Can you use formulas to change the shadow of the cell when certain
conditions are met?  I am very good using Excel, but have never tried this
and I cannot find any documentation.  So, I think that it just cannot be
done.

Dave

0
dmjacoby (2)
1/3/2007 6:58:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Dave,

Format>Conditional Formatting

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Dave Jacoby" <dmjacoby@davejacoby.com> wrote in message news:%1Tmh.14861$U12.10061@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
| Can you use formulas to change the shadow of the cell when certain
| conditions are met?  I am very good using Excel, but have never tried this
| and I cannot find any documentation.  So, I think that it just cannot be
| done.
|
| Dave

0
nicolaus (2022)
1/3/2007 7:05:34 PM
Shadow or colour? If the former, I have no idea what you mean. If the
latter, Try Format>Conditional Formatting.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave Jacoby" <dmjacoby@davejacoby.com> wrote in message
> Can you use formulas to change the shadow of the cell when certain
> conditions are met?  I am very good using Excel, but have never tried this
> and I cannot find any documentation.  So, I think that it just cannot be
> done.
>
> Dave

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
1/3/2007 7:09:01 PM
I was talking about changing the color of the box.  Thanks, that helped a
lot.

Dave

"Bob Phillips" <bob.NGs@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Shadow or colour? If the former, I have no idea what you mean. If the
> latter, Try Format>Conditional Formatting.
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct)
>
> "Dave Jacoby" <dmjacoby@davejacoby.com> wrote in message
>> Can you use formulas to change the shadow of the cell when certain
>> conditions are met?  I am very good using Excel, but have never tried
>> this
>> and I cannot find any documentation.  So, I think that it just cannot be
>> done.
>>
>> Dave

0
dmjacoby (2)

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Using scanner in Word97

Saving toolbar changes

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

Using later version of microsoft access

Changing query execution sequence

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Help With Margin Formula

Automatic changes in cells

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003