Using formulas for pivot table

I know you have the count field but is there away to input a formula?
For example customer ordered 25 cases and each case weighs 4 lbs and
the end result would need to be total pounds ordered.
Thanks!

0
tskb (5)
9/14/2006 9:14:45 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you do the calculation in the pivot table you may not get the result
that you expect. If possible, add a field to the source data, and
calculate the order total there.
Then, add the OrderTotal field to the pivot table's data area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Table result isn't displaying all the data that it should
I have a pivot table that I use to list invoices paid on a certain date. I fill in this field in the spreadsheet, refresh the pivot table and select the date I want from the dropdown list but it doesn't always list all the invoices. Then I'll refresh it again and it displays an extra invoice or two but not all the ones it should. I've verified that I entered all the info correctly and try to refresh multiple times but it doesn't display all the data. If I delete the pivot table and recreate it then it finds all the invoices. Later, it happens again. Has this happen...

Logic Formula using colors in the formula?
Hi: I am using Office (Excel) 2007, and for some reason I thought that a change was made in this version of Excel, that allows for formulas which take into account the font color. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish: In Columns L & M I have dates that identify a beginning and end date for a class that a student has signed up for. If the student hasn't paid in full, the class dates are in bold red font. Once payment has been made, I change the font to black (and unbold it). The two issues I'd love to do with formula (to make things easier) are the following: ...

Customizing a Control Using OnLButtonDown, OnMouseMove, etc.
I'm subclassing a CRichEditCtrl, and I need to override OnLButtonDown, OnMouseMove, etc. handlers so that I can customize the actions that happen upon those event however I'm not really sure what all the default implementations do and how they do it. Is there any way I could find out? I've tried stepping through, but it doesn't seem to provide much info. I get to the point where it calls the Default procedure. Any hints you all could pass on? Thanks! > I'm subclassing a CRichEditCtrl, and I need to override OnLButtonDown, > OnMouseMove, etc. handlers so that ...

Tax formula tests for multiple filing statuses and income amounts
A formula tests for three ranges of income levels for five filing statuses; depending upon the results, the taxpayer will receive a tax deduction for $4,000, $2,000, or $0 (i.e., no deduction) The table of ranges of income, filing statuses, and deduction ceilings are as follows: Legend: M-FJ (Married filing jointly) M-FS (Married filing separately) S (Single) HOH (Head of Household) QW (Qualifying Widower) M-FJ S/HOH/QW Deduction amount $130,000 $65,000 $4,000 $160,000 $80,000 $2,000 $160,001 $80,001 $0 The table o...

where is the select all check box that used to be on outlook 03?
I just got outlook 07 and i can't find the select all check box to select all the emails like you can on outlook 03 or hotmail. Is it hidden somewhere? where did you see it in outlook 2003? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to E...

Cannot change a formula
I am using a worksheet that counts the number of days employees have worked. The worksheet was written by someone else who have left. I need to change the number of some rows in this formula. =COUNTIF(D$14:D$160,$V32)+COUNTIF(D$175:D$225,$V31)+M250+M238 M250 and M238 are the results of another countif formula. When I try and change the number of the rows to M251 and M 239 the formula no longer returns a value and I see the formula in the cell on the worksheet. Also the different values of the rows and columns become colored. How can I change the formula so it returns the value its su...

How do I count selected controls in a formula
I have a worksheet that is my log of occupational injuries and illnesses. Each row is a unique record for which information is recorded in the columns. Four of the columns request and "check mark" to select the right classification of injury. Because only one of these columns can have a check mark, I've placed option buttons from the Control Toolbox in them. Two questions: 1) At the bottom of each column is a totals line. How do I write a formula in the cell that counts the total number of option boxes that have been selected in the column? And doing so without kno...

How do I set up a formula on a time sheet to calculate time in 1/.
I am setting up a time spreadsheet and I want all of my totals to be calculated in 1/4 increments. Example: IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL 7:01 AM 11:47AM 12:50 PM 4:32 PM = 8:30 hours Don't know what you total formula is, but let us say it is =(B2-A2)+(D2-C2) If you want to round this to the nearest quarter hour use =ROUND(((B2-A2)+(D2-C2))*96,0)/96 If you want to round up a quarter hour, use =ROUNDUP(((B2-A2)+(D2-C2))*96,0)/96 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gschmid" <gschmid...

How can i use CTime?
I have a function that i want to be executed at a specified time. The user enters time in a modal dialog box and the time is stored as an integer value. So far everyone is happy. The problem is that i have to actualy make the function work at the time the user entered. So i figure it out that the best solution is to set a timer every 1 min and when that minute is over, the OnTimer function to do something like this CTime localTime; //CTime object int m_hour = 15; //user defined hour int m_Min = 35; // user defined minute localTime.GetCurrentTime(); if (( localTime.GetHour == m_...

Use critical patch from the M$ Corp.
--dkbzpudcjka Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cowurgxnr"; type="multipart/alternative" --cowurgxnr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wcmnuvgvn" --wcmnuvgvn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your...

Which Function(s) should I use?
Hi All, I want to generate 5 lists using the preference column from raw data which is in the following format: Preference Name Club 1 A Smith NY 2 G Murphy WN 3 S Rogers MA 4 B Wall CN 5 C Hill DW 1 D Thomas ON 2 W Shatner CA 3 E Jones MS 4 L Long SC 5 J Downe NC Can you please advise which functions I should use to collate the data, also allowing me to cha...

Word 2007 hangs when using VPN
We use Cisco VPN to connect to our company network. When I'm online thru VPN and start Word 2007, Word hangs due to some strange printer issue. If my default printer is network printer, Word hangs. If I change my default printer to e.g. Cute PDF writer, then Word starts ok. Any ideas what is causing this? Other Office programs work fine. On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:28:01 -0800, Heikki Salminen <Heikki Salminen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Cisco VPN to connect to our company network. When I'm online thru VPN >and start Word 2007, Word hangs due to some...

tracking from a query to a table
I have a table that contains codes for our distance learning classes. Our state is getting ready to make a massive change to these codes. I know I have queries that support reports and forms based on these codes. Is there a way to track from the table to each query, form, or report that the codes is used? Any help here will really save me a lot of hours tracking this stuff down or waiting until something breaks. Thanks Jacqueline On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Jacqueline <Jacqueline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that contains codes for...

Contrast between WLM Wave 4 and Outlook 2010 using XP
Interesting to see that Wave 4 WLM (free) does not support Win XP - but Outlook 2010 (purchased product) does. You pay your money and take your choice! __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5234 (20100628) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...

Pivot Tables
I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well as the new, is there any way to reset the list without removing and adding back in the table. I cant find where in the spreadsheet it stores this information. Steve There are instructions here for clearing old items from the dropdown lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Steve wrote: > I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the > pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well ...

Pivot Table
Hello, We have a report that is based on a pivot table that is linked to a MS Access database. This database is located in a drive in our network drvie that stopped working. We do have a backup of the database but will restore it in some other location. Is there a less painful way to point the pivot table source database to another database than to recreate them? Thank you in advance. Brigham Hi Brig Right click on the PT and select Wizard>Back>Enter source of new data>Finish>Refresh -- Regards Roger Govier "Brig Siton" <bsitonno@spamoptonline.net&...

display all row fields in pivot table

Anyone here also use Quickbooks?
not quicken, Quickbooks. I'm just wondering what all these charts of accounts are. In money you could categorize transactions from the preexisting list or make a new one on the fly. in QB there is a similar way to categorize but an account has to be setup first. So in Money is the chart of accounts basically the categories? except not as strict as in QB where you have to have an account setup first and you can't change things after a period? I don't recommend QB for personal use, due to the complications you are experiencing. It also does NOT handle investments the way ...

Need to know Formula for Conditional Formatting Rows, by row #
I need to format a range of row by bow #. All I can find online is formulas for odd or even rows. I'm new at this, sorry. But say if I want Rows 1-700 Green, 701-1400 Yellow, and 1401 - 2100 Red. I thought I would use 3 differant conditions in conditional formatting, but what forumulas would I need to put in? -- weirdaljr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ weirdaljr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492419 One way: CF1: ...

Click on graph bar to execute a double-click in a pivot table cell
Excel 2002. I have a group of 6 different stacked bar charts built from parts of a pivot table. Each graph has several bars with each bar having sections for categories "10", "20", "30", "40", and "50". The graphs can be direct linked to the pivot table (as a pivot chart) or linked to an intermediate sheet looksup the data from the pivot table. I want to be able to click (double or single click) on a graph bar or section of a bar and execute the same action (.ShowDetail) that occurs when you double-click on a cell in the pivot table (print th...

Outlook 2007 Rule for using GAL
Question: I'm trying to write a rule that will move all mail EXCEPT for mail from someone in the GAL (Global Address List) to a folder. I have tried the "sent from someone in address book" but it looks like the GAL is not supported, only local contact folders. Another solution might be to write a rule that moves all mail except from sender's with our domain in the address (i.e. abc.com). However, this does not seem to work since the rule appears to run on the display name, not the SMTP address in the background. Anyone written a similar rule that works? Thanks in advanc...

Using CRM Bulk Import Wizard with Excel 2007
Hello, a number of our hosted Microsoft CRM customers have reported difficulties when using the CRM Bulk Import Wizard with a CSV file generated from Microsoft Excel 2007. It seems that Excel 2007 no longer uses double quotes (") as a field data delimiter, and there are no options or other Excel 2007 formats that will achieve this. (No idea why Microsoft disabled this option in Excel 2007!) Users are having to import their Excel spreadsheet into Access 2007 then export as a TXT file, which Access formats with double quotes as a the field data delimeter by default. Or resort to an ...

Problem on Outlook 2000 send email using contact
Some of my contacts had more then one email address. Any method I can send my email to all three email address on one contact person? Thanks a lot, Amon ...

Can't edit individual controls after using Form Tool
How can I edit individual controls after using Form Tool (e.g. sizing afects all like controls) Jim T wrote: >How can I edit individual controls after using Form Tool (e.g. sizing afects >all like controls) Well you didn't give us much to go on, so I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that you're using A2007 and you have a set of controls that are grouped, and you want to remove the grouping? If so, select the controls in question, go to the Arrange tab, then select Remove on the ribbon. -- ________________________ Sean Bailey Message posted via ...