Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation

Hi community,
I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In
the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available,
recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the
english one.
Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'!
A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel
comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one
- but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as
needed ;-)

However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK colleague with
a built-in commands in English, the german Excel instllation is able
to translate.
So, is there a kind of Addin or multi-language extension available to
use  english and non-english built-in commands in a non-English
installation simultaneously?

Thks for any help, have a great day
Michael
0
emte69 (54)
3/11/2010 10:29:37 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See my response in worksheetfunctions.

--

HTH

Bob

"Michael.Tarnowski" <emte69@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi community,
> I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In
> the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available,
> recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the
> english one.
> Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'!
> A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel
> comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one
> - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as
> needed ;-)
>
> However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK colleague with
> a built-in commands in English, the german Excel instllation is able
> to translate.
> So, is there a kind of Addin or multi-language extension available to
> use  english and non-english built-in commands in a non-English
> installation simultaneously?
>
> Thks for any help, have a great day
> Michael

0
Bob

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Document Viewer installer error

using the journal on outlook

learning Excel #3

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook