Using a dynamic formula to calculate results based on different assumptions #2

Hi everybody,
I am looking for a simple way to resolve the following problem - don't worry if it sounds too architectural, you don't have to be an architect to solve this!

I have a table of assumptions organised like this:

Landuse              Unit size          Type 1     Type 2    Type 3............n
Apt - 2bed            100m2            10%         50%        50%
Apt - 1bed             60m2             20%         50%
Shop                    40m2             70%                        50%

I'd like to sum the total number of units based on the Type  in another column (on another page) by dividing the built up area with the unit size.
I would have hard coded this but i can have more than 3 types and many landuses making a dynamic formula more useful.

Would appreciate your suggestions on how to tackle this! I can provide an excel if you want!

Thanks in advance!

Manosh
0
manoshde (24)
8/8/2011 6:40:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Count If Formula #4

formatting dates by year #2
I would like to know if there is a way to format dates so that they are formatted by year only. For example, if I click on Format -> Cells, there are a bunch of options, but none of them list to show the year only, just mm/dd/yy or mm/yy, etc. I am trying to create a chart so that only the year shows up. Also, I have tried doing Custom->and "yyyy" in type, but only 1 specific year shows up (i.e. 1905) for all the values. I would like to keep my values. Thanks much! ...

More Columns #2

New to excel

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

Goal Seek #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

get a result of an sql into a field

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

using the journal on outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Formula for cross tab data filling

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...