User defined chart-type error

Hi,

I currently have a pivot chart which refreshes when the report is
opened. To this i have set it up with a user defined template and
called the template 'Neil'.

When opening up the report it works fine for me. But when other people
go to open the same report they get a debug error box pop up. The
error message is:

Run-time error '1004':
Method 'ApplyCustomType' of object'_Chart' Failed

When i go to debug it shows me this line of code as being the problem:

ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined, TypeName:="Neil"

If i change the line to say:   TypeName:="Default" the report seems to
work fine for everyone. But i want to be able to apply various changes
to the template rather than use the default layout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Neil
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

User-defined Charts are not saved with the workbook.

They are stored in a file named XLUSRGAL.xls on your computer.

If others do not have access to that file..............error message.

Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:58:28 -0800 (PST), Neil <neil.pereira@iag.co.nz> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I currently have a pivot chart which refreshes when the report is
>opened. To this i have set it up with a user defined template and
>called the template 'Neil'.
>
>When opening up the report it works fine for me. But when other people
>go to open the same report they get a debug error box pop up. The
>error message is:
>
>Run-time error '1004':
>Method 'ApplyCustomType' of object'_Chart' Failed
>
>When i go to debug it shows me this line of code as being the problem:
>
>ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined, TypeName:="Neil"
>
>If i change the line to say:   TypeName:="Default" the report seems to
>work fine for everyone. But i want to be able to apply various changes
>to the template rather than use the default layout.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Neil
0
phnorton (279)

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Removing multiple users from Outlook

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

error 553

80070005 error #2

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...