Use Spinner Control to Hide/Show Buttons?

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a spinner button (with corresponding numerical
readout) that also displays a number of buttons. The number of buttons
displayed will depend upon the spinner number e.g. if the spinner says
5, then 5 buttons will be displayed. If the spinner says 2, then the
rest of the buttons apart from 2 are hidden.

There needs to be 10 buttons in total, with a minimum of two displayed
at any one time.

I've created a mock-up worksheet to show what I mean MUCH better than
the explanation I've just given above!

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/Buttons.xls

So I guess my question really relates to hiding/showing buttons. Is
there a way to do this, with a macro or VB code or whatever?

Thanks
-Rob

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't open attachments--so this might not be close.

I put 10 buttons from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet.  I put a spinner also
from the forms toolbar on the same worksheet.

I set the spinner to go from 2 to 10.

I named the spinner:  Spinner01
(I'm gonna use those last two digits to determine which buttons go with which
spinner--in case you have lots of buttons/spinner combinations.)

And I named the 10 buttons:
sp01btn01
sp01btn02
sp01btn03
sp10btn10

(10 buttons "tied" to spinner01 (sp01).)

Since I'm using a consistent naming convention, I can build the names of the
buttons pretty easily.

I right clicked on the spinner and assigned it this code:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

    Dim mySpinner As Spinner
    Dim SpinNumber As Long
    Dim maxBTNS As Long
    Dim iCtr As Long

    maxBTNS = 10

    Set mySpinner = ActiveSheet.Spinners(Application.Caller)

    SpinNumber = CLng(Right(mySpinner.Name, 2))

    For iCtr = 1 To maxBTNS
        ActiveSheet.Buttons("sp" & Format(SpinNumber, "00") _
                            & "btn" & Format(iCtr, "00")).Visible _
            = CBool(iCtr <= mySpinner.Value)
    Next iCtr

End Sub

Then I went back to excel and hid/showed my buttons by clicking on that spinner.

One way to rename the controls is to select them and type the new name in the
name box (to the left of the formula bar).  Remember to hit enter after you type
the new name.

"TheRobsterUK <" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to set up a spinner button (with corresponding numerical
> readout) that also displays a number of buttons. The number of buttons
> displayed will depend upon the spinner number e.g. if the spinner says
> 5, then 5 buttons will be displayed. If the spinner says 2, then the
> rest of the buttons apart from 2 are hidden.
>
> There needs to be 10 buttons in total, with a minimum of two displayed
> at any one time.
>
> I've created a mock-up worksheet to show what I mean MUCH better than
> the explanation I've just given above!
>
> http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/Buttons.xls
>
> So I guess my question really relates to hiding/showing buttons. Is
> there a way to do this, with a macro or VB code or whatever?
>
> Thanks
> -Rob
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

Transferring control of CClientDC to CDC
Hi, I have a class MSWinDisplayManager which I want to take a CClientDC device context so that it's member functions can perform drawing routines on it. I want the class to have it's own CClientDC member which all the methods have access to draw on. My constructor looks like this: MSWinDisplayManager::MSWinDisplayManager(CClientDC& win) { private_win.attach(win); } This is called by the user like: CClientDC dlg(this); MSWinDisplayManager wdm(dlg); then I want to do things like: wdm.drawCars(); The problem I have is that private_win isn't getting control of the device ...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

How to use count for calls per hour

Protection/hide information
Good morning, If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide information for 2000 & 2002 generally to broaden my knowledge that would be great. Thanks. Not really sure what you're looking for, but here's some info on worksheet/workbook protection: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <O1SJMW$VEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "Kassie Alcorn" <marketing@qld.apollopatio.com.au> wrote: > If anyone has any useful web links for information regarding protection/hide > information for 2000 & ...