Use Formula in DGET criteria

Hi there,

I'm getting an error with a DGET function. One of the criteria fields
is a formula (an IF statement) which I assume is the problem.

Is there any way round this i.e. being able to change the criteria
based on the contents of another cell?

Many thanks - David

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

a simple math formula
Hi, I'm new to this and have a very simple question. I have values, simple numbers representing weight in kg, that I wish to automatically convert to US pounds. The 'kg' numbers are in fields B5 - to B77 for example. I want the conversion result (simply multiplying each B cell entry by 2.2) placed in the ''cell adjacent. Thanks! Dave Horne Hi David In C5 enter =CONVERT(B5,"kg","lbm") and copy down through C6:C77 -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:upOf6pgUJHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.p...

Array Formula #7
I have an array formula that works correct up to the 20th row. It quit running on row 20 or it does not pick up any information after row 20. Any help out ther -- pete576 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pete5761's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49427 Rather impossible to tell... What's the formula, and what cell(s) is it entered into? What type of data is in any referenced ranges? In article <pete5761.205n5a_1134773401.141...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Labels in Formulas requires manual refresh?
I use Labels in Formulas extensively. (Excel 2003 11.5612.5606) That is, I tick off Options/Calculations/"Accept Labels in Formulas" and then use whatever text string I've placed at the top of a column of data to refer to it. It has many benefits over Named Ranges, dynamic or otherwise for my purposes, but one ongoing annoyance. When I add data to the bottom of the column of data, the in-cell formula using the label for reference does not change when it should. Workaround: Select cell, F2 or double click to open it, Enter. I have a number of such formulae so updating can be ...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

Excel Formula Help
I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no experience with excel. I want to do something real basic like if A2=laptop display $10 or if A2=desktop display $20 how do I do this? I think that if the list of options is more than a just a few, a =vlookup() function would work nicely. It may seem a little complex to start, but once you use it, you'll find tons of more reasons to use it. Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html BadSector wrote: > > I am setting up a basic excel spreadsheet and really have got no...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

creating nested formulas from drop down box
Hi, I have cell A1 with a drop down box containing 26 available choices. B1 has the dollar amount matching to the choice in A1 using vlookup. E1 totals several cells including B1 together. I want F1 to look at A1 and either enter the number from E1 or NA. Here's billing example: A1=January , B1=$5 ,C1=$10, D1=$1, E1=$16 (total of b-d1) F1 is the column for January G1 is the column for February H1 is the column for March, etc If A1 = Jan, then F1 should be $16 If A1 = Feb, then F1 should be NA or $0 This is the formula that has been working so far: =IF((G2="...