Use a Carriage Return when typing data into a text cell

What is the code for entering a carriage return in a text cell.? (not
using a char map lookup)

I tried "& char(10) &" and various combinations using alt, with no luck.

What I want is to type

Far[the_char_return_code]Farley[ENTER]

resultng in

Far
Farley

in the same cell.  I know it exists, because a long time ago I found a
spreadsheet that had it in the cell, and I copied the cell.  I have been
using that, but going to that worksheet and copying that character is a
bit of a pain in the butt.  There HAS to be a better way of doing it
than that.

TIA

Far Farley
The Professional Network

Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ **
0
FarFarley (2)
11/15/2004 7:33:57 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Far Farley" <FarFarley@TheProfessionalNetwork.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:419904a5$0$14552$c397aba@news.newsgroups.ws...
> What is the code for entering a carriage return in a text cell.? (not
> using a char map lookup)
>
> I tried "& char(10) &" and various combinations using alt, with no
luck.

> What I want is to type
>
> Far[the_char_return_code]Farley[ENTER]
>
> resultng in
>
> Far
> Farley
>
> in the same cell.  I know it exists, because a long time ago I found
> spreadsheet that had it in the cell, and I copied the cell.  I have
been
> using that, but going to that worksheet and copying that character is
> bit of a pain in the butt.  There HAS to be a better way of doing it
> than that.
>
> TIA
>
> Far Farley
> The Professional Network

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at
> http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ **

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/15/2004 8:00:09 PM
In a formula,  use

="First Line" & CHAR(10) & "Second Line"

When typing text in a cell, use ALT+Enter.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Far Farley" <FarFarley@TheProfessionalNetwork.com> wrote in
message news:419904a5$0$14552$c397aba@news.newsgroups.ws...
> What is the code for entering a carriage return in a text
> cell.? (not
> using a char map lookup)
>
> I tried "& char(10) &" and various combinations using alt, with
> no luck.
>
> What I want is to type
>
> Far[the_char_return_code]Farley[ENTER]
>
> resultng in
>
> Far
> Farley
>
> in the same cell.  I know it exists, because a long time ago I
> found a
> spreadsheet that had it in the cell, and I copied the cell.  I
> have been
> using that, but going to that worksheet and copying that
> character is a
> bit of a pain in the butt.  There HAS to be a better way of
> doing it
> than that.
>
> TIA
>
> Far Farley
> The Professional Network

> Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at
> http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ **

0
chip1 (1821)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

using the journal on outlook

data sort

Pulling data from separate tabs

default values in a cell

Formula for cross tab data filling

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Help with importing data

predict future data

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Calculations adding Text formats
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? You're not doing anything wrong, per se. Changing formats cannot change numbers into text values or text values into...

Find Text in a Query
Does anyone know of a way to search thru AC2003 queries to find a text string? For example, I need to find all queries that contain the text "Forms". Thanks for your help! On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:10:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to search thru AC2003 queries to find a text >string? For example, I need to find all queries that contain the text >"Forms". > >Thanks for your help! There might be a way to use the systems tables, but I wasn't able to figure it out. Try: Pu...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...