Another payroll question,
I have a workbook that contains 26 sheets, one for each bi-weekl
payroll period. I would like to set it up so when i add a new employe
the rest of the sheets also update automatically with that employee
name and information.
I have been able to acheive this to a limited degree using th
=sheet1!a1 formula, but this only updates the info in the first cel
and particularly the first column.
I would like to acheive this using the first sheet, since at th
end of the year I would like to be able to calculate ytd figure
easily.

Thank

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If all sheets share the same structure you could just select first sheet then
right-click on the sheet tab and "select all sheets".

What you type in on first sheet will be entered on all sheets.

DO NOT forget to "ungroup sheets" when done.

BTW....  =Sheet1!A1 can be dragged and copied down or across with the A1
incrementing to A2,A3,A4 etc.

Again, do this while all sheets are selected.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:14:52 -0600, fyrfytr265
<fyrfytr265.yg42y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Another payroll question,
>I have a workbook that contains 26 sheets, one for each bi-weekly
>payroll period. I would like to set it up so when i add a new employee
>the rest of the sheets also update automatically with that employees
>name and information.
>I have been able to acheive this to a limited degree using the
>=sheet1!a1 formula, but this only updates the info in the first cell
>and particularly the first column.
>I would like to acheive this using the first sheet, since at the
>end of the year I would like to be able to calculate ytd figures
>easily.
>
>Thanks
>

>---

Gord

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Data migration - Adventure Works

Updating a chart Automatically

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Money Updates #2

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...

Updating a workbook from many workbooks.
I am using excel 2003. I have a report workbook that has 27 other workbooks that it gets information from. What is the easiest way to update the report workbook with out me singularily opening each of the 27 other work books. The are all under the same folder on the same drive. including the report workbook. Hi Outrigger You have not said what you want to do when all of the books are open. The following code opens all 27 workbooks for you. If you could post more information we might be able to get you a more specific result. Change the file path to suit. Take care Mar...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

can a cell auto update?
Is it possible to have a cell update to the current date when ever you save a change to a file? =NOW( ) "B.B" <me@mail.com> wrote in message news:%Aw0h.201480$R63.89840@pd7urf1no... > Is it possible to have a cell update to the current date when ever you > save a change to a file? > Just to let everyone know, I think when the subject line of a post is changed, it can mess up the threading in newsgroup readers. I've seen what look like orphaned "Re:" posts as the top post here and there, and I think that's what causes it. -- Earl Ki...

Summing based on a unique ID
I have a worksheet consisting of 5,000 lines with 4 columns of data: (1) (2) (3) (4) Portfolio Deal # Reference ID Raw Amount I have written a macro to create a separate worksheet tab, within the same workbook, for each of the 40 unique portfolios in column 1. This works fine. However within each of these separate worksheets I would like to do a sum on each Deal# as there could be as many as 10 line entries for a particular deal. Is this some thing that could be accomplished in one step, or do I have to write another macro to do the...

Catastrophic failure of First Exchange 2003 Server in the domain.
I have an unusual situation. I am onsite as a consultant and discovered that the first Exchange 2003 Server in the domain experienced a catastrophic hardware failure prior to my tenure and was not rebuilt. A second server, which was already running at this time, had all of the data (mailboxes, etc) and roles transferred over prior to the failure. Everything seems to be running normally. The system was removed from Active Directory, but still exists in the Exchange System Manager. My question is what, if any, steps should be taken prior to deleting the system from the Exchange System Man...

Creating an Income & Expenditure Sheet
i am not sure of the best way to create an Income & Expenditure Sheet for a weekly record of transactions in my small business. Start here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Molly" wrote: > i am not sure of the best way to create an Income & Expenditure Sheet for a > weekly record of transactions in my small business. ...

Delay in the First Credit Card Transaction of the day
Hello, I have 3 stores and all of them are experiencing the same problem. The first credit card transaction of the day seems to take a much longer time to complete/process. Does anyone else have this issue? The delay is about 1 minute but they always go through. Could this be a problem lying the credit card processor? Is there anyway to solve this problem? It's just a little awkward that the customer is standing right in front of the cashier and waiting that long for credit card transaction to go through. Thanks, Daniel We have had this same issue at a few locations for sometim...

automatically updating cells in other files
An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. Is there anyway in which he can update the data by only keyboarding it into one file and have it automatically update the rest of files? Any help is appreciated. You can link cells by referencing them to a cell in another sheet or workbook. eg =[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1 -- Ian -- "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3TdK25vFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An employee asked me if he had 3 files each containing the same database. > Is there anyway in which he can update the ...