Update Links Automatically

Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will
automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the
dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc

Thanks

0
john5502 (63)
10/6/2005 4:03:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

There's a setting you can toggle.

Tools|options|edit tab
Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links"

Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated.

This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't
affect anyone else when they open that workbook.  (They'd have to change their
setting, too.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

> There's a setting you can toggle.
>
> Tools|options|edit tab
> Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links"
>
> Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated.
>
> This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't
> affect anyone else when they open that workbook.  (They'd have to change
> their
> setting, too.)
>
> John wrote:
>>
>> Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will
>> automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without
>> the
>> dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc
>>
>> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
john5502 (63)

How to automatically add a worksheet using macro?
Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new worksheet. Dim NewWks as worksheet set NewWks = worksheets.add with newwks .name = "Your New Name Here" .range("A1").value = "Hi there" End with eva wrote: > > Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? > Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new > worksheet. -- Dave Peterson Thank you "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Dim NewWks as worksheet > set Ne...

Stock Position Updates
I have 3 accounts with Smith Barney. When I update these accounts in Money 2003 I get a box that is titled Position Matching. This box shows my positions that need to be updated and asks me if I want to do it automatically, or manually. If I check automatically and click finish the box disappears and I get the account update screen and when I click next the position matching box comes up again. This circle goes around and around and won't update my positions. I have to do it manually or hit postpone to move on. The problem seems to be in dealing with selling calls or short sales. Th...

excel to make the days cary over month to month automaticly
I WOULD LIKE EXCEL TO IMPUT THE DATES OF CALEDAR IN THE EXAM:A CULUM IN SPRED SHET 1 THEN CARY IT TO THE SPREDSHET2 THE NEXT MONTH AND SO ON Re-post with a better description after using a spell-checker. Also drop the ALL CAPS please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 04:07:00 -0700, GARY <GARY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I WOULD LIKE EXCEL TO IMPUT THE DATES OF CALEDAR IN THE EXAM:A CULUM IN SPRED >SHET 1 THEN CARY IT TO THE SPREDSHET2 THE NEXT MONTH AND SO ON ...

online update fails, money 2004
Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and Money 2004 v12.0 When I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older, any ideas? Damon Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption. You can obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a HREF=...

product key validation problem after sp2 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work at a university and we have special version with office 2008 for mac with pre installed product key. Until now everything works great, but today, after updating to SP2 I get this message when I try to open any office application: Office for mac has determined that your product key is not valid. Does anyone has a solution (beside removing and installing again without sp2)? Thanks, Avner Traub Same problem here! Harald. Also have the same problem. Please help ! Raluca I'M TOO, SO??? URGENT!!! Same here!...

concatenating fields for links in queries
hey all, i would like to link a PolicyNumber field concatenated w a field called INVSUB to a PolicyNumber field in another table. can i do that or do i have to create another field and update it to [PolicyNumber] & [INVSUB]? here is the FROM section of SQL code. i would like to concatenate ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[POL#] w ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[INVSUB] "FROM ALLCOMPANIESDATA INNER JOIN qryCPRackleyRecords ON ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[POL#] = qryCPRackleyRecords.[Policy Number]" TIA Ted You can join on a calculated value, however you cannot build this type of query using the Design view...

Workflows not starting automatically with one user
I am having an issue where workflow rules that were created and worked fine in 1.2 are not start automatically in 3.0 for one user (me). I can manually start the rule and it's fine and others can do the same action that should start the rule and it works for them..just not me. My research tells me is probably related to me being an administrator and/or being an administrator when I created the rules. I've also been told to look at the user that the CRM workflow service runs as and make sure that service account has the correct privaleges-which it does. I am just not sure w...

Automatic reply does not work
I am trying to set Outlook to automatically reply with a template to any message with certains words in the subject line but it does not work. When I receive a message that the rule should apply to I get a popup window "Rules in Error" that says Cannot reply to message. I have tried everything I know but can't get the auto reply to send the message. Thanks for helping. For the benefit of others who may find this post (since you know the answer from another post) - it’s a bug in Outlook 2007 SP2. Best advice going forward is to make sure you have the latest upda...

changes to master copy of worksheet automatically updates a copy in another location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hoping to make copies of worksheets that will update automatically when worksheets in the master set are modified. Is that possible? Would one do it by linking the whole sheet? I had to do something similar to this, this summer when my mother was in nursing home and I had to pay here bills. I had to put information in a given cell on page of the next succeeding sheet: this is but one example: =SUM(Sheet1!F19). Note the ! is not a mistake. If not in there it won't work. you have to do that for each instance need. The...

Automatic Categories Assigned
When in monthly calendar and create a new appt., a color category is automatically assigned.. I do not want that... How do I change default or Auto Assign? I do not have any Rules set-up. Thanks No Replies?? Need Feedback Please!!! "Andrew" wrote: > When in monthly calendar and create a new appt., a color category is > automatically assigned.. I do not want that... How do I change default or > Auto Assign? I do not have any Rules set-up. Thanks Actually, Outlook doesn't automatically assign categories. Does that happen for others views on that cale...

Automatic field updates
I've created custom fields for Lead to specify "Type of Client: cooler, display, package". Once Lead becomes Opportunity I would like those field values to be carried over to Opportunity with option to change if needed. What is proper procedure for this? I tried to create the same custom fields for Opportunity but could not find an option to map these fields with Lead. I also tried to set up a rule on "create" process but could not set up conditions to check for. Thanks. -- Mr.Donkey On the Server, Open Microsoft CRM Deployment Manager. Click on the plus sign n...

Update approved timesheet in Project Server 2007?
Hi everyone, as I am new to ProjectServer 2007 I need your help for resolving one issue with timehseets. Is it possible to update already approved timesheet in Project Server 2007? We have submitted timesheets since the beginning of 2010, they were approved and now we found problem with them and they have to be edited. Is this feasible via the interface of PS 2007 or is there any trick to update all timesheet statuses so that we can change their status back? Thanks in advance, Maria Hi Maria, what do you need to change? Depending on your security settings, the tim...

RE: Look at these update for MS Internet Explorer
--gmdfzanwsqul Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jadnkptrcrn"; type="multipart/alternative" --jadnkptrcrn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sduhxptki" --sduhxptki Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the s...

Any1 know how-to create the input file needed for the Exchange DST Update Tool?
I have tried different methods suggested by MS, but I am unable to produce an input file in the following format: User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF You would think the script would produce an output in the same format to use for the update... You are running MSEXTMZ in "Time Zone Extraction" Mode? (That is the mode that creates the TAB delimited TZ file) The account you are running under has correct permissions (Full mailbox access and Send As)? What does your .ini file look like? <slerche@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171639396.9825...

Outlook 2003 opening link
when there's a hyperlink in the message and I click on it, MSN IE window gets opened instead of IE 6.0, how can I switch that behavior? Braves Fan Deluxe <braves_fan@hotmail.com> wrote: > when there's a hyperlink in the message and I click on it, MSN IE > window gets opened instead of IE 6.0, how can I switch that behavior? Try this: in IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman Ok you have to go to and Internet Explorer Option on it you will find and 5 differentes one of those option must be as MSN yo have to change to...

insert rows automatically
I have a spreadsheet where I need to copy a row and have EXCEL automatically copy new rows based on a number inputted by the user (less 1). I use a code which was previously posted that creates a box asking how many rows I need. This works fine but the problem is that people often input one row too many For example: If they need 10 rows overall , they inadvertently input a 10 ... giving a total of 11 rows (the original row + the 10 NEW rows) ) So I was wondering if anyone would know how to fine tune the code so that it would give me one less row than what the user inputs. Here's the cod...

2007 Linking Question: How do I edit links quickly and easily?
I'm formatting a bunch of charts and tables in excel for a client in Excel 2007. I'm then pasting them into a PPT 2007 file, and then sending both to my client. Here's the problem: I need to link the files in such a way that the client can seamlessly (without repasting) use both files. And before you mention it, NO Excel cannot be embedded. Any solutions? THanks1 In article <D5D90D06-E99B-44AD-BFF5-2672ED391E1E@microsoft.com>, RuthMor wrote: > I'm formatting a bunch of charts and tables in excel for a client in Excel > 2007. > ...

Automatic axis format

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

Automatic Data Sorting
I am wondering if there is an Excel formula for this problem of mine. All necessary/required data will be entered on Sheet 1 and the "sorte data" will be in either Sheet 2 or Sheet 3. Here are the given data (on Sheet 1): NAME CODE Smith 123 Jones 456 Ashby 123 Aaron 123 Brown 456 Kalvin 456 I need to sort the data according to the CODE. In other words, I woul like to have all names with code=123 to be automatically entered o Sheet 2. Sheet 2 (column A) entries will look like this: Smith Ashby Aaron In the same token, I would like to have all the names ...

Outlook 6.x Link freezing
I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully updated) Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, but without opening the link. And ideas? ~Yue Yue <daovanveries@msn.com> wrote: > I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully > updated) > > Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a > temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, > but without opening the link. > > And ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Recipient Policy Help with email address updates
In our default recipient policy we have 2 smtp address, one is the primary address we use and the second is our old doman name. Both of these are ticked. The problem we have is that all our external contacts get populated with our old domain name, I use ADModify to remove all these addresses but they soon get automatically put back on. Thanks On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:31:21 -0000, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> wrote: >In our default recipient policy we have 2 smtp address, one is the primary >address we use and the second is our old doman name. Both of these are >tick...

Automatic protection of parts of a document that opens from a temp
I have a document that when opened you can only fill in certain fields of a table (which I already know how to do - "protect document" button). However, after it is filled out, what I need is to take away the "save" button from the menu so they can't save over top of the original document. I have tried saving the document as a template and putting protection on certain fields on the template. This works but only when the template is opened. If you double click on the template and open a new file ("document 1"), all of the protected fields bec...

Online Updates through Yodlee
Here we go again!! It has been 3 days since any of my accounts that use Yodlee interface have updated successfully. Anyone else having this issue? Money 2005 .... I really don't have the time to spend again with Microsoft Support to try to get this resolved. The norm has been to pretty much destroy my system in the course of proving to Microsoft that the issue is on their end, not my computer system environment. Dependency on Microsoft maintaining their interface to Yodlee is a joke. Interestingly, I can log on to my Yodlee Oncenter account and all of my accounts have cur...

when clicking on link in email blank screen appears
when i use outlook express to read my emails and i try to go to a link in the mail the window changes to a blank screen. how do i fix this? thanks. deb You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679&sd=tech A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name. You will probably get a faster ...