Update data from sql, using ODBC - avoiding password

Hi.

(Excel 2007)

I am preparing a model to be used by multiple users every week. A part
of the model is a list of active project in the company.

The project informations comes an sql database.

In the model I have a table, which should be updated when the
excelmodel is opened.

The users do not have access to the sql database. Is there a way to
set he table (properties, ... ) with the password stored in the model
e.g. the users do not have to know and enter the password.

Med venlig hilsen

Peter
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

insert data after page break
I have page breaks set automatically when department changes. I would like to add data I named "DEPT" after each page break. Can anyone help me!! -- yepidu ...

moving pst data to new outlook
hi to all, i would like to move date from my office system computer to my home system ...i have exported the info and when i go to import the system tell me that i do not have the ok how do i correct this problem ??? thanks for you help You can't import directly from a read-only (eg. cd-r/rw) source. You need to copy the pst file to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute. oh and one other thing... if the pst file was burned to a cdr/rw at a speed faster than 4x, it might not be readable. "james" <fdijamesm@saturn2.com> wrote in message news:204a401c4591a$4...

hyperlinks in getting external data through web query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C47E46.231F97A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 The WEB PAGE I am downloading using the WebQuery with <full Html = formatting> is something like the following=20 Symbol Name Last Trade Day's Range Volume More Info =20 ^BSESN SENSEX 3:58pm 5,233.21 5,154.32 - 5,240.29 N/A Chart, Components =20 ACC.BO A C C-A 4:00pm 261.40 255.30 - 262....

sql 2005 views
I am beginning the process of converting a 15 yr old Access db (frontend) into a website application. It might be 15yo but is still very much used today and has gone thru all the updates over time. The back end is sql server 2005. Much in the front end uses sql views. How are views treated in asp.net sqldatasource? As stored proc, view, table, or ??? How are they referred to in a sqldatasource? Same as a stored proc? Any samples/examples/links of using a view? Thanks...John "JohnE" <JohnE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3BC420E-1EFD...

Sql question 05-17-07
Hi all. I have a table (tblStoreInv) with these fields: Index, Store, Product, Quantity. A form (SetInventory) that is connected to that table has these fields: StoreID, Product, Squantity. Only one record is allowed per store, product, Squantity. So here is what I wrote: Private Sub Squantity_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = "SELECT [Quantity],[Store],[Product] FROM tblStoreInv WHERE FORMS![SetInventory]![StoreID]=Store AND FORMS![SetInventory]![Product]=Product AND FORMS![SetInve...

Updating Data from two different worksheets
I have two worksheets, General Ledger and Out Ledger. The general ledge lists our inventory according to a LOT ID and the total number of item in that lot; i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Total Number of Pieces column C: Balance The Out Ledger lists the number of items sold from a particular lot i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Number Sold I want to be able to calculate the Balance in the General Ledger give the Number Sold in the Out Ledger. I am having difficulty in makin sure the Lot ID's match up and that the proper cells are referenced. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appr...

password protect/hide custom views
Does anyone know of a way to password protect various views under custom views? I have a price list with different custom views such as Distributor prices and wholesale prices. I am afraid that if I email the file to a distributor, they will be able to go under custom views and bring up the wholesale prices. The various views are based on hidden columns. I already password protected each page so that they can't unhide the hidden columns but then relealized that someone could bypass that by going under custom views. thank You, Judy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Dual Boot problem after latest Windows update
I dual boot Win XP Pro SP3 with Win 7 RC1. Had no problems until yesterday 2-9-10. I downloaded the malitious software removal tool which went OK. I went back and downloaded the first 5 items in the list. I don't like to download to many at one time. Since a reboot was required I did that. I chose early version of Windows from boot up menu and was taken to safe mode screen. Chose normal startup, Win XP startup screen briefly appears and then reboots. If I choose Win7 from boot menu, Win 7 starts normally. No matter what I try to get into Win XP it goes into reboot and Safe Mo...

Exchange 5.5 fails to load following IE6 update
I had another client server that exhibited this symptom, but I cannot find anything in the KB about it. A client with a slow internet connection ran the windows updates and the first update was for IE6 that had to be run by itself. Following the installation of the upgrade to IE6, Exchange MTA does not load and no error is given in the event logs to disclose what is causing the failure. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks, Allen Not heard of that. What message is displayed in the Services applet if you try to manually start the service? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exc...

convert sql file to access
Is there any way i can convert a sql file (downloaded as a backup from an online forum) to ms access? Basically the aim of doign this is to be able to print a custom made report from the forum data Well, there is a free working copy of sql server on your office CD (it is the desktop editing of sql server called MSDE). Perhaps you can just install that..and then view/edit the data? The MSDE . At that point, you can either a) simply export the data to something that ms-access can read. (if you have the sql server tools installed, then you can use the DTS services ..and export to ms-ac...

Macros
I'm trying to create a macro to open all the Excel files in a folder and copy/paste the second line of each worksheet in a separate file already created. Could somebody help me? I don't know a lot about macros. Thanks! The code below should do the trick for you. To put the code into your workbook, open it up and press [Alt]+[F11] to open the Visual Basic Editor (VBE). In the VBE use its menu to Insert --> Module. Then copy the code below and paste it into the code module presented to you. Close the VBE and save the workbook in the SAME FOLDER with the other files...

How to password protect a webpage in publisher
I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password protect a page on the site. How do I do this using Publisher. Thanks in advance -- Wayne Edgin Step one: Verify with your ISP that it is allowed. I can tell you how I do it with a Publisher 2000 site. Post your Publisher version and site address. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299AAF1E-73F0-4ABB-91CD-74ED83297996@microsoft.com... >I have a website built and published with Publisher and want to password > protect a page on the site. How...

Data Sychronization Error in CRM Outlook
When I go online with a few of my CRM For Outlook Clients I get a "Data Sychronization Error". I get provided with three options: 1. Proceed with going online, but save the data changes offline for the next time you synchronize 2. Stay offline and try to fix the errors so all the data will synchronize 3. Finish going online and do not save the data changes made offline Thanks, James ...

How to add a singe symbol to the whole column data?
Dear Friends, I have a simple problem. In my spreadsheet there are 8 columns and 18.000 rows. I need to combine two colums "date of birth" and "sample date", but between them there should be "c": Ex: Date of Birth Sample Date [10/01/1960] [10/10/2005] I do not know how to create new column like this: [10/01/1960 c 10/10/2005] Thanks in advance Daniel Try something like this: C1: =A1&" c "&B1 Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "usmleboy" wrote: > Dear F...

XP SP3 getting updates hangs?
Morning, I'm on a XP Professional SP3 box where I do Start->Run->wupdmgr<ENTER>, Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 starts and hangs. I do not get the further screen where it checks with Microsoft if the box is running a real version of windows and is authorized to received updates. I do not get to the screen with the Express or Custom buttons. IE just hangs. What's going on and how do I fix this? TIA Mike Mike wrote: > I'm on a XP Professional SP3 box where I do > Start->Run->wupdmgr<ENTER>, Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 starts...

Vertical Gridlines & Data Marker
Firstly, I noticed that a vertical gridlines of the chart are not align with the gridlines of the data tables. I am wondering how it can be aligned. Secondly, I also noticed that a marker is located on the leftside virtical gridlines of X scales. I am also wondering how to place it on the center. Hi Gary, In my version of Excel they are. Try it with a line chart. In Excel 2007 you might have to make an adjustment. We need more info. With a data table the markers are placed between the vertical gridlines, if you don't like that you can remove the data table and then format th...

Create and Use Button Menu using visual Basic in Excel
The following code is very simple. All I need to do is figure out how get the result of the userform entry from the click event. I apologize if seems to easy but I have trouble with userforms and menus getting user data. Thanks for Your Help Sub test() UserForm1.show If Me.OptionButton1 = "True" Then Debug.Print "Option One has been Selected" Else Debug.Print "This has failed miserably" End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() Dim Sel As String Unload Me MsgBox ("You Select Buton 1") Sel = Me.OptionButton1 End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_...

Problem using two timezones
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003, trying to use two time zones. The time display for both zones is correct when I initially set up the two zones; but if I swap the time zones, the first zone displays an hour less than it should. If I swap back, they're correct. What's going on and how do I fix it? does the second zone have the correct daylight time setting? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ O...

ODBC DSN Dynamics GP SYSTEM password
Is it possible to re-create the Dynamics GP ODBC connection using the SYSTEM Login ID? If so, how do I determine the SYSTEM password? Thanks, John If it is for logging on to GP, you cannot set up the Windows System (Windows Authentication) Username/Password on a DSN, as GP requires Mixed Mode Authentication and SQL SA (or DYNSA) login credentials. You may want to wait till others get back with any info. -- Regards, Vaidy http://vmdyngp.blogspot.com "jkc" wrote: > Is it possible to re-create the Dynamics GP ODBC connection using the SYSTEM > Login ID? If so, how do I...

Office XP Professional User having Trouble Accessing Excel and Office Updates
I am suddenly having trouble accessing Excel and Office Updates. According to my profile I have the following version of Office: MSOffice XP Professional Version 2002 SP1 When I try to go in to Excel I get a Windows Installer pop-up. Then its goes to Windows Installer and I get an error message saying" the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Then I get Error 1706. Setup cannot fing the required files. The patch \\Puma\base\software\desktop\officexp\PROPLUS.MSI cannot be found I am also running into a similar problem when trying to ...

error C2027: use of undefined type
Today I am getting an error when trying to use a CArray of a new class. I've been this route before, but I can't remember what the solution was. What is I'm not seeing? Debugger complains: C2027: use of undefined type 'CDIBSection' . ..h . . . class CDIBSection : public CBitmap { public: CDIBSection(); virtual ~CDIBSection(); void CreateDIBSection(); HBITMAP m_hBmp; BITMAPINFOHEADER m_biHdr; BYTE* m_pBits; }; ..cpp . . . CDIBSection::CDIBSection() { } CDIBSection::~CDIBSection() { } void CDIBSection::CreateDIBSection() { } In my CSprite.h, I have: class CDIBSe...

Recently Used File List Problem
I have Excel 2000. I have the recently used file list set to 6. During a session of Excel, it will expand from, say, 4 files to 5 (when I click on File/Open), but after I close Excel and relaunch it, it loses the last file opened and only shows 4. This seems to happen ONLY with spreadsheets from a particular folder. Others stay across sessions. What happened, and what can I do to get it back to working properly between sessions? Thanks. ...

Use of the automatic cancellation of a subscription marketing
Hello, I have a base of accounts to which I send regularly documents (email.). However I know that in CRM there is a possibility of updating automatically the field "to send the documents marketing" (to put it at the value "no") when we receive a request by email of withdrawal of subscription of the customer. Do you know how that functions it because I can't make it function properly? Thank you by advance for your answers (and sorry for my bad english). Hello - I'm not sure exactly what problems you are having, but here's the basic steps. 1. you need ...

Use Category to create distribution Lists
How do I use categories to send an Email to everyone in the contact list with the same category. Thanks Bryan Open your contact folder in a table view. (By Category works best.) Find the category you want to mail and drag and drop the collapsed category to the in-box. A new mail message will open with the names in the TO: field. If you want to use the BCC, then select all and drag them to the BCC field. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Bryanp <pefjunk@yahoo.com> asked | How do I use c...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...