UPC Equation #5

Okay awesome. Thanks so much for the help guys. I went with some hidde
cells to insert the extra parts of the formula. Now, is there a way t
make it apply to each and every field in Column A? and Column B?

Thanks

--
PneumaG
PneumaGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You didn't mention exactly which formulas you went with, but just click on
the fill handle, and drag down to copy as far as needed.

If you have a very large column of data (UPC codes), you could easily have
XL automatically copy the formula for you.

If you *double click* the fill handle on the cell containing the formula, it
will *automatically * be copied down the column, as far as there is any data
in the adjoining column, left *or* right.
If it happens to be between 2 columns of pre-existing data, the length of
the column on the left takes precedence.
--

HTH,

RD

"PneumaGT" <PneumaGT.1ewgdz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

Okay awesome. Thanks so much for the help guys. I went with some hidden
cells to insert the extra parts of the formula. Now, is there a way to
make it apply to each and every field in Column A? and Column B?

Thanks!

--
PneumaGT
PneumaGT's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15836
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273266

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

new exch2003 with a 5.5
I have just got my 2003 server up and running, I still have my 5.5 servers going. I have only moved one mailbox to test. All the other mailboxes are still on the old 5.5 servers I have re-routed the inbound SMTP traffic to the new 2003 server on my firewall and that seems to work. But the outbound is still going out through the 5.5 server. How or where do I specify which server is responsible for sending mail outbound? Can I still have the 5.5 server running and specify which server routes oubound? SteveO As long the the Internet Mail Connector from the Exchange 5.5 is in place, and it ...

Best average for 5 years out of 8
I am trying to figure out how to calculate an average of the best five years out of 8. My first example is 0, 3, 3, 5, 5, 3, 5, 5 I would expect my average to be 4.6. Another example is 5, -2, -2, -2, -2, 0, 0, 0 I would expect my average to be -0.6 =AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:H1,{1,2,3,4,5})) This is an array formula so commit it with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E0A4708-09BD-48AE-BB36-0EA9914CAF58@m...

5.5 priv growing too fast #2
Our 5.5 database has almost doubled in the past month. Just watching it this morning, it has grown about 100 MB in the past hour. Last month we were having issues with the IS stopping so we applied the rollup patch KB841765 and it seems to have stopped that problem. That is the only thing we've done in a while minus security patches. At that time, we had upped the logging on the IMC to Minimum, but that's been removed since. All of our mailboxes have a 100 MB limit. We have about 1600 right now on 1 server. We're not sure where to start looking for space. Our 1...

Meeting Request #5
I had an unusual request the other day. Is this possible? When setting up a meeting request in Outlook 2003 is there a way to change the word "Required", when adding attendees, to say "Requested"? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote in message news:%23%23juRra%23EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I had an unusual request the ot...

Earn Quick Cash with only $5.00
HERES HOW! This is a Money Scheme and Not, I repeat... This is Not a Scam!!! You have most likely seen or heard about this project on TV programs such as 20/20 and Oprah, or you may have read about it in the Wall Street Journal. If not, here it is below - revealed to you in step- by- step detail. This program is by no means new. It has been in existence in many forms for at least a decade. But in the early days, it required a lot more time and effort, as well as an investment of a few hundred dollars. However thanks to PayPal and the Internet, the investment is now virtually ZERO! And w...

Exchange 5.5 #14
Is there a theoretical or practical size limit to personal mail boxes? In otherwords is there a size such that the information in a personal mail box is vulnerable to loss or a size that could affect the functionality of Exchange itself? Thanks for including both experiences and references No - the limits are more of a recoverability issue in terms of the resultant size of the database and the time it takes to backup, restore and repair. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.c...

Office 2001 update 9.0.5
anyone...? -- ...rotinom siht edisni deppart m'I !!esaelp em pleH What's your question? On 10/27/04 12:57 PM, "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote: > anyone...? -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

Upgrading GP 6.0 to 7.5
I'm upgrading a GP 6.0 on NT 4.0 running SQL 7.0 to GP 7.5 on Windows 2000 running SQL 2000. I've been following Techknowledge Doc #7132 but it isn't working. 1) The Great Plains Utilities fires up and tells me I need to upgrade the database. However, the "Next & "Back" buttons are always grayed out, forcing me to kill it. I can't get past this. 2) When I try to run Dynamics, I get a pop-up error: "get/change first operation on table SY_Users_MSTR failed accessing SQL data." Pressing the "more info" button says something about results...

Defragging Exchange 5.5 worth it?
Hi, do you think we should defrag our Exchange 5.5 server? What does it actually do? If so what are the command lines needed? Andy Hi Andy, Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=195914, it will answer your questions. -- Niclas Holmkvist Microsoft Exchange Support --- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "AW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64a801c47550$c94f7e00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, do you think we should defrag our Exchange 5.5 > server? What does it actually do? > &...

How to find the right MLM business online that succeeds for you #5
U can 2 Hi there, Building a MLM business can have it's advantages * Lifetime Residual income * Financial Security * Spend more time with your kids * Travel * Get out of debt * Drive a new car * Purchase a vacation home * Pay off your mortgage But to be successful, you must choose the right company. * Choose a company that is at least 3 years old. * Choose a company that has a product or service everybody can use. * Choose a company with a easy to understand compensation plan. * Choose a company that has a low monthly fee, where most everybody can join. * Choose a company that ...

exchange 5.5 service account permissions
Exchange 5.5 - I always thought the service account that installs and runs the services, needs to be a domain admin account. I've heard now, that it doesn't, it only needs domain user access. Is this correct? I don't want to change the permissions on my service account and run into problems. Thanks for your help. Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.com Hi Nancy, Here is an exert from Technet regarding your question. Some helpful information to help understand. The Function of the Service Account The service account has three primary functions: . It runs Exchange Server ...

Money 2002
Hi there, I'm running Money 2002 and am trying to record a 1 for 5 share transaction - can anyone please help? Go to Portfolio. R-click (or context menu key) on a holding of that Investment. Select Split Shares... Enter 1 for 5. At least I think this is the route in M04. I've not used it for three years. "nyalabead" <nyalabead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E417B8F4-028C-4AA9-9FF4-9136610957B6@microsoft.com... > I'm running Money 2002 and am trying to record a 1 for 5 share > transaction - > can anyone please help? ...

visio #5
If I draw a wheel with spokes how can I be sure the spokes are eavenly spaced Create a guideline for each of the spokes. Open the Size & Position Window from the View window and then drag a guideline from the size. Using the Size and Position Window set the angle to be what you want. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "grump" <grump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2262DC2C-8216-...

5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host
What does this mean we got an exchange 2003 with sendmail as external SMTP Server? I also knew if i Turn OFF ESMTP Verbs in Exchange 2003 i can get the e-mails with any problem but if the esmtp is off the replication between our exchange 2003 servers doesn't work! What should i do? is there no way out of this i think it's in case of an autoforward to an exchange 5.5 Please help me! "Francesco Fuoco" <francesco.fuoco@de.ddb.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eTiGKhn5DHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What does this mean we got an exchange 2003 with sendmail as exte...

Is exchange server a good choice for an office with 5 pcs?
I work for a small company. There is "the boss", a secretary, and two other people who occaisionally use a pc. We had been networking as a workgroup until last week. All pcs had access to various files on a shared network drive. Last week, the owner's son (who works for a large corporation IT department hundreds of miles away) decided we needed to go client server. He purchased a domain server, changed us from workgroup to domain based computing, and installed Exchange Server. Since then we have had lots of problems. This reconfiguration was done without any analysi...

What is the Best XML API for .NET 3.5?
I’m starting a new project which will dynamically generate (user will have to pick and choose data, then generate the XML dynamically) RDLC for Reporting. My approach was to use LINQ to XML for the API. My question is what is the best API to use? Performance is no concern, most critical factor is that the code be easy to maintain easy to dynamically generate the mark-up for the RDLC. Note: We are all ready using LINQ to XML in the main application. This is for the reprinting module of the application. -- Alexander L. Wykel AW Software Works Alexander Wykel wrote: > I’m start...

Solving a growth equation
I'm trying to model growth of a simulation that is running. I hav placed in my spreadsheet, the starting population and the growth rat per period. After each period the population MUST be rounded off. Now, I'm trying to solve how long it takes for my population to reach certain number. Without rounding, this equation is quit straightforward, however, with rounding I'm not sure if it can b solved simply with excel. What' I've done is made a series of cells to show me the populatio after a certain period, but this becomes burdensome when the initia variables change....

pervasive GP 7.5 standalone
we have a client on GP 7.5 pervasive that would like to move their data to a standalone workstation . They only access the data for historical purposes and are not processing data in GP. Is there a way I can install pervasive & GP on the same workstation? I have tried copying the data and installing pervasive on the workstation, but I get a location translation not found. Yes you can. To set up Pervasive on a stand alone server do a search in Partnersource for "install pervasive". You will find a few documents. Choose the one for the version the client has. Make not...

Exchange 5.5 X400 connector timer issues
Hello Just wondering if anyone can help with this issues the x400 connector 'jamming' up with errors - The transfer-out message timer expired on message Then a reboot of the server sometimes fixes the issue, otherwise a reboot of the remote server seems to fix the issue.??? I mean it maybe comms but its strange and I cant find anything on the web regarding this problem Thank you romando@netcall.com.au Is this connector connecting two Exchange sites, or to the outside network? If it's a site connector, did you specify the server on the other side by name or IP address? Try s...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #5
They're just name values, pulled from a database. What was strange i that some of the formats tok correctly, others applied another condito (i.e. Sally Smith was supposed to be green but came out red)P -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 ...

Hours and Minutes in Excell working with 5 digits hhhhh:mm
I use a spreadsheet at work to record aircraft flying hours in the hours and minutes format i.e 8475:45 if then i fit a component with a life of 3000:00 hrs and then want a figure of when the component is due to be changed then excell has a major problem with adding the two values together how can i use 5 digits for the hours any ideas ? Hi AFAIK the maximum for Excel is 9999 hours. Above that you can't use Excel's date/time values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dougie -b-" <Dougie -b-@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C5BAA72...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Password Change
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for permissions. When I attempt to make a change to the Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any longer to Outlook. That being said I have also made the necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as the new password for the administrator and I have also changed the password at the configuration level in Exchange. I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used to make the neccessary changes. Suggestions ???? Hi, Try this article http://www.m...

Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column
I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this column by using a formula? Thanks for any assistance, Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com. Thanks, carla carla Try Chip Pearson's site........ http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique BTW. The customary response is to the News Group, not email. That way we all learn. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote: >I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay?
My manager received the following NDR after trying to reply to an external email address: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@external.com on 7/7/2005 1:42 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mybridgehead.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@external.com> So he is simply replying to an external email he received and my bridgehead server is saying he is trying to relay through it? I have seen this before, and most of the time if the person just tries to resend it will...

NDIS6 test failure for WLK1.5 LAN test
All, We are developing a NDIS6 miniport driver for Windows Server 2008 x86/x64 and having a failure for NDISTest6.0 of WLK1.5 as follows. Windows Script Host x Script: C:\WTT\JobsWorkignDir\Tasks\WTTJobRun40CC20D4-1875-457 C-A59A-CB727C1C1D5B\ndistest\scripts\mini6\2c_mini6rsssendr ecvex.wsf Line: 281 Char: 11 Error: 0x8004A024 Code: 8004A024 Source:(nul) Is there anyone having the same problem? Any information on this would be appreciated. Thank you, ...