UPC Equation #5

Okay awesome. Thanks so much for the help guys. I went with some hidde
cells to insert the extra parts of the formula. Now, is there a way t
make it apply to each and every field in Column A? and Column B?

Thanks

--
PneumaG
PneumaGT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You didn't mention exactly which formulas you went with, but just click on
the fill handle, and drag down to copy as far as needed.

If you have a very large column of data (UPC codes), you could easily have
XL automatically copy the formula for you.

If you *double click* the fill handle on the cell containing the formula, it
will *automatically * be copied down the column, as far as there is any data
in the adjoining column, left *or* right.
If it happens to be between 2 columns of pre-existing data, the length of
the column on the left takes precedence.
--

HTH,

RD

"PneumaGT" <PneumaGT.1ewgdz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

Okay awesome. Thanks so much for the help guys. I went with some hidden
cells to insert the extra parts of the formula. Now, is there a way to
make it apply to each and every field in Column A? and Column B?

Thanks!

--
PneumaGT
PneumaGT's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15836
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273266

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

equation
How do I make an equation for one whole column, but differsfor each cell? For instance, row 3: C3+D2-G3 then row 4: C4+D3-G4. Hi! You'll need to ensure that "drag and drop is enabled" Tools > Options > Edit Check "Allow cell drag and drop" OK In row 3: =C3+D2-G3 Enter Select the cell you entered the formula in Point to the bottom right corner of the cell Left click and hold down the + drag handle Drag down as many rows as you want and release the left button. Each cell reference will increment by one for each row it is copied down. If you have data in all...

(DS/IS) consistency adjuster prior to moving Public folders from 5.5 to E2k3 and Nov 2004 Update Rollup
We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5 has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1. This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489 The rollup states that the previous May 2004 ...

Spellcheck #5
I'm running Outlook Express version 6. When I try to run spellcheck, it is shaded over. When I go to tools, options, there is no spell tab. Am I missing a file? Brad <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm running Outlook Express version 6. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman do you have an office application installed? OE doesn't include it;s own, it uses the spelling engines installed by office programs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Q...

Optimizer error 5,5exch on win4.0
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met an error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "KC Lee" <keicylee@hotmail.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met an error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There i...

How to export mailbox size list from exchange server 5.0?
Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. J In EXadmin, navigate to the mailbox list under the server - there is a column listing the mailbox sizes. Export that out. HTH. "yiyuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrEsz8s6DHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anybody can help me to find a way to export exchange mailbox size list? > my exchange server is 5.0vs. THank you very much. > > J > > ...

ANN: nxslt.exe (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.5
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.5 of the nxslt.exe - .NET XSLT command line utility. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt is compatible with command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude and XPointer, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, multiple result documents, custom ...

Exchange 5.5 orphaned public folders
I think I found the culprit for my Exchange 5.5 slowdown, but I cannot fix it. It seems related to two folders on the old server public: Configuration: 2 Exchange 5.5 servers in the site. The orginal server is being shutdown. I followed MS recommendations for removing first server from site. I re-homed all public folders to the new server. However, there are two folders that I cannot access. Internet Newsgroups: Exists only on the old server. When I click on this, I get the following message: “The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not compl...

Exchange 5.5. to Exchange 2003 migration problem
Situation: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration, 1 organization, 1 site, 1 Exchange 5.5 server, 1 Exchange 2003 Server Problems 1) Public folders are replicated to Active Directory and visible in Active Directory users and computers, but not in Exchange 2003 System Manager 2) The new Exchange 2003 server not visible in Exchange 5.5 administrator Exchange 2003 setup completed normaly without errors. No errors reported in Event logs on Exchange 5.5, No errors reported in Event logs Exchange 2003 No errors reported on Windows NT40 domain controllers No errors reported on Window...

Host another AD domain's email on Exchange 5.5/2003
Problem: I need to host the email for a small subsidiary who is in their own AD forest and currently using a hosted email service that will be going away mid-next year. I currently use Exchange 5.5 in my domain and I feel confident that I can setup them up with a domain-trust and host their email on my Exchange box. However I am also going to be migrating to Exchange 2003 next year. Questions: Can I go ahead and set this up, or (as I'm suspecting) would it be better to hold off on setting this up until after completing the Exchange 2003 migration? Thanks, Kumbi "Kumbi" &...

Re: Extracting Top 5 & Bottom 5 Variance for Revenu/Expendenture & Net Position #2
Hi All, if i had coloumns that had the title Revenue, Expenditure & Ne Position & under neath these Headings a row for each Revenue Expendenture & Net Position called Actuals then Budget then Variance My Question is what i would like is to be able to only have the Top 5 Bottom 5 Variances in all 3 Headings Revenue, Expendenture & Ne Position. How can i achieve this please. Would appreciate all th help. Thank you. Also each time i try to insert an attachment in this lette being excel it comes up as failure, why is thi -- william444 ------------------------------------------...

countif, but only using partial cell contents in the reference array #5
thanks for your help max - indeed there are blank cells in the range. the work around will do, but as always, i like stuff to be clean - les chance of screwing things up again, much thanks, jare -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1553 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27105 You're welcome ! Thanks for the feedback Track your post awhile for possible insights from others .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread x...

importing data from access #5
when importing data from access, i have one column is a unique identifying number. HOwever, the number comes in with { } around the #. How can i remove them. thanks Jerry jerry wrote: > when importing data from access, i have one column is a unique identifying > number. HOwever, the number comes in with { } around the #. How can i remove > them. > > thanks > Jerry Once in Excel, do a find and replace. Twice, once for {, and then repeat for }. Leave the "replace with" blank, and "replace all" both times. pierre I don't speak Access, but cou...

Win2003, SQL Server 2005 and GP 7.5
My server runs Win2003 Enterprise edition, SQL Server 2005 Standard edition with an Express instance. My new business associates have GP 7.5. Can I load Great Plains from their orignal CDs and successfully run newly entered data? Transfer existing data? Is there an update site that allows 7.5 to be current? Is there documentation posted somewhere covering this scenario? OR must I find an old computer on which to load Win2000 and SQL Server 2000? GP 7.5 will not be supported on SQL Server 2005. Only GP 8.0 sp4 and GP 9 will be supported on this version of SQL Server. You could lo...

Adobe 6.0.2 and Great Plains 7.5
I am currently running great plains 7.5, windows xp sp2, Office 2003 sp1 and adobe acrobat 6.0.2. When someone trys to send and email picking ticket or po adobe will make the .ps file but not go ahead and make the pdf. I can use the the Send by text option. I can Print to a .pdf but i can't send a pdf directly. If i go into great plains the .ps file is there if I double click on it the .pdf will be created. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it. Chris ...

Exchange 5.5 journaling not working for some mailboxes
Hello all, I have a very strange problem with journaling on Exchange 5.5. I have enabled journaling of internal messages only (inbound messages through the IMS are not routing through the local store). The journalled messages are sent to a Custom Recipient which effectively sends the message to another server via SMTP. Everything works as expected for most users, however a couple of users don't get their mail journalled. I have verified the relevant registry settings several times, restarted relevant Exchange services and even rebooted the server without effect. The interesting thing...

Error ASP 0115 in OWA on Exchange 5.5
When using Microsoft OWA the following error occurs. We are currently using Exchange 5.5 with service pack 4 for exchange and service pack 6a for NT 4.0. error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /exchange/USA/LogonFrm.asp A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. We have applied the asp-sesfix (Q177036) from microsoft and still no luck. Has anyone had this problem before or have any ideas as of what it may be? "NO NAME" <sschroeder@cstsurvey.com> wrote in message news:8a41997f.0406010544.56ead0e@posting.google.com... > Whe...

OL 2003 and Exchange 5.5
I'm setting up a new workstation w/ Office 2003 and having problems connecting to our exchange server (5.5) When setting up the account in OL, it changes to name of the server to our external SMTP address name 'mail.mullenlaw.com' - then it doesn't work. When trying to connect, I control right-clicked the OL icon to check the connection status and it indicated the server as a Directory (not mail). Eventually (I walked away from it), it connected to our exchange server, but it keeps losing the connection. In the connection status window it even changed the server to our intern...

Exchange 5.5 repeat NDR emails for invalid addresses
we have a 5.5 server that keeps sending NDR to people because they put in the wrong email address below is the NDR: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jennifer Williford (Business Fax) on 2/13/2006 4:16 PM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=US;a= ;p=EMPUK;l=II-E2K3VS1-041028192407Z-655 we cannot seem to stop this from repeating That's what is supposed to happen when you...

Exchange 5.5 Hardware Change
I have to change the Hardware of an Exchange 5.5 SP3 Server. I want to install Windows 2000 onto the new machine and install exchange 5.5 sp4 on it. Are there any known issues about starting SP3 Stores on SP4 exchange installations ? Thanks, MC On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:26:12 +0200, "MC" <seaedsit@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have to change the Hardware of an Exchange 5.5 SP3 Server. >I want to install Windows 2000 onto the new machine and install exchange 5.5 >sp4 on it. > >Are there any known issues about starting SP3 Stores on SP4 exchange >installations ?...

formula to add hours > 9/weekday & 4.5/w/e / 7day week columns
Can anyone tell me the formula to add hours > 9/weekday & 4.5/sat & all hours worked sunday. 7 columns starting wed finishing Tues. Cheers Bridget Clear questions get quick answers. Lack of an answer means your question is not clear. To add hours, use the Time function, as in: =a1+time(9,0,0) If you need something else, post back with more detail, especially an example of what you want to achieve. Fred "bridget" <bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F6EA032-7D91-48FF-9C88-025865F11D48@microsoft.com... > Can anyone t...

Exchange 5.5 rogue mailbox
Hello, We are hitting the 16GB limit almost every day now and we are trying to prune our database. However, when we query the Mailbox Resources under Server Properties the "Internet Mail Service ("ServerName") shows up as a huge mailbox. I am unable to find this mailbox in order to delete or prune the contents. Any assistance with this would be most appreciated. Said mailbox does not show up under the Private Information Store Mailbox resources. Many thanks What Exchange service pack level? If anything less than 4, apply 4. If you are already at 4, you may need to ...

VBA Help #5
Hello. I can do this with formulas, but I am getting wrapped around the syntax for the code which I use with a macro button. If D11 = "Yes" and D13 = "Same", then if the text in D14 is not equal to the text in D9, put up a messagebox that says "D14 cannot equal D9. Please fix, then try again." and stop the macro and allow the user to make D14 and D9 not equal to each other. Any help appreciated. VR/Lost Try If Range("D11").Value2 = "Yes" And Range("D13").Value2 = "Same" Then If .Range("D14")...

How can I set a column equate a product of two columns?
How can I set a column equate a product of two columns? For example, I need put the product of column A and B to column C, So that when I input numbers to A and B, I can get their product in column C ( C=A*B) thanks! =A1*B1 or =PRODUCT(A1:B1) then copy down -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "z" <z@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23k2HP0tDIHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I set a column equate a product of two columns? > For example, I need put the product of column A and B to column C, So that > when I input numbers to A and B, I can get their pr...

5.4.6: Routingproblem after Migration 5.5 -> 2003
Hello Group, need help. I am not an exchange guru, i am only an "all-to-do-admin" ;-) Sorry, my english is not the best... 2 weeks ago, we migrated from NT 4.0 to 2000 / 2003 / AD and we set up an exchange 2003 server under 2003, which is still runnig paralel to our (very) old exchange 5.5 server in one administrative group. All servicepacks are installed. All was fine, all worked because of a good planning (and good tools). So until yet we have moved over 40 post-offce-boxes to the new server. But because of an random act, we noticed on friday, that no one from the new server...

address QR 2123 in version 7.5 and 8.0
Our client is encountering the error that has been documented as QR 2123. They have requested that it be fixed in GP 7.5. MBS has said that it will not be addressed until version 9.0. Below is the detail of the QR, followed by MBS's response and our client's request: Quality Report 2123 - Description: When a check is voided in a different month than it was originally issued, the Payroll Summary report doesn’t reflect the void correctly. Steps to Recreate: 1.Build, Calculate, and Post a payroll check with a check date of 3/1/2003. 2.Go to Reports | Payroll | Period End and ...