Unwanted arrows when "Format As Table"

When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table
style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally
unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks.
0
me3552 (8)
8/19/2010 9:01:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

>When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table
>style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally
>unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks.

Here is a before/after pic to show what a distraction the header
arrows are.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8017/excelba2.jpg
0
me3552 (8)
8/20/2010 11:51:12 PM
Now I understand what the issue is.  And it is that MS hobbled use of Auto Format in xl2007.
Also, a "table" has a particular meaning in xl2007 so formatting using "Format as Table" is going to add arrows.

The workaround is to add the xl2003 Auto Format command to the Quick Access Toolbar...
Go to:  Big Round Button | Excel Options Button (at bottom) | Customize | dropdown (at top)...
choose "Commands Not in the Ribbon" - add "Auto Format" to the right side and  click the OK button (at bottom)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon  USA

..
..
..

"M.L." <me@privacy.invalid>
wrote in message
>When I select my Excel 2007 worksheet and format it as a preset table
>style, the first row always contains dropdown arrows that are totally
>unneeded for my styling. How can I get rid of those arrows? Thanks.

Here is a before/after pic to show what a distraction the header
arrows are.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8017/excelba2.jpg

>Now I understand what the issue is.  And it is that MS hobbled use of Auto Format in xl2007.
>Also, a "table" has a particular meaning in xl2007 so formatting using "Format as Table" is going to add arrows.
>
>The workaround is to add the xl2003 Auto Format command to the Quick Access Toolbar...
>Go to:  Big Round Button | Excel Options Button (at bottom) | Customize | dropdown (at top)...
>choose "Commands Not in the Ribbon" - add "Auto Format" to the right side and  click the OK button (at bottom)

You're a true Excel God. Thank you so much.
0
me3552 (8)
8/21/2010 10:36:08 AM
Addition to the above:-
Click the cursor in any on the table data and select
Insert>>Table>>Create Table Pop Up will appear>>Check My data has
headers check box will have a tick mark>>give Ok.

Select the desired format from the Top Right Side of the window and
format the table.  If suppose after applying the desired design, if
you want to remove the Table and want to keep the formatting then
Click the Cursor in the Table and you will get a new Menu Bar Named as
"table tools".

Under the Table Tools>>Design>>Click Convert To Range and give Yes.

Ms-Exl-Learner