Unpopulated Cell Address

Hi
I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query.
I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that
is contained in certain cell address's.

Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in
a printed copy.

Any ideas?
0
notsales (2)
7/18/2007 8:52:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this idea

Sub hiderowsandprint()
With Range("a1:a21")
  .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True
  .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview
  .Rows.Hidden = False
End With
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Mick Smith" <notsales@smithiq.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query.
> I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that
> is contained in certain cell address's.
>
> Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear
> in
> a printed copy.
>
> Any ideas?

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Excel 2003 SP2 Cells text color pbs
hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 sp2: When I tape a text in cells, and after I colorize this text in RED for exemple and put enter, my cells sem to be red. But if I put pagedown touch on this sheet to write other cell and push pageup my cell was blue on the screen. If I print my sheet the text of the blue cell was red !!!!!!!! This problem seem to work only when the police is in bold !!!!! Have you see the same problem for other user ???? Have you a solution ?? thank you regard SFX ...

How to stop toolbar drop box of entire cell contents
I keep getting a drop box in the toolbar that shows my entire cell contents and covers 1/4 of my screen. Would like it not to do that. What should I do? That is the formula bar you see expanding. Don't select any cells with great amounts of text or just don't display the formula bar. View>Formula Bar...........uncheck it. That's one thing I like about Excel 2007. The option to expand or not. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:27:04 -0700, cubanmamma <cubanmamma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I keep getting a drop box in t...

I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.
I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the decimal from the number. If if needs to stay a number with the same value, I don't think you can do it. If you can change the value Just multiple the number by ten to the number of decimal places. If it can be text set up a new column and use =substitute(a1,".',"") "LAM" wrote: > I need to format the number cell so that it will sti...

Adding within a cell
I'm adding to the same cell continouslythroughout my worksheet. Can I keep entering data within a cell and have it add on its own without having to add in my head and change the cell each time?? Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <4111F0B3-FD66-41DB-ADDA-89BD4C022139@microsoft.com>, "Rosa" <Comoestanohay@aol.com> wrote: > I'm adding to the same cell continouslythroughout my worksheet. Can I keep > entering data within a cell and have it add on its own without having to add > in my head and change the ce...

501 5.1.3 Syntax error in mailbox address
Help! I've been trying to send some distro. e-mails through outlook. (Well under the e-mailnumber limit set by my e-mail provider). I have gotten at 50% or more sent back for the above message, the e-mail address it couldn't send to, and "(non-printable character)" behind it. I called my provider and they said it was a microsoft error. What in the world is wrong? It took me 2 hours to send 278 e-mails the other day!!! Below is the message minus the e-mail address. It repeats this in the e-mail for every address it did not send. And it's not just one provided tha...

Pictures in Cells
Hello, I teach elementary computers, and I often make my own online worksheets for the kids. I am making an "ABC Order" sheet where I have pictures of animals in one column and pictures of animal names (as opposed to just typing the names in the cells) in another column. The kids will slide the names into alphabetical order, then slide the picture of the animal next to it. My question is this; is there a way to "protect" or "lock" the pictures so that the kids can move them but not accidentally resize them? I have tried every combination of loc...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Importing text to chart based on link to cell
I am attempting to link a cell from my spread sheet to a text box in my chart, but have been unable to do so. Does anyone know how or if this is possible. On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:59:29 -0800, Stephen <stephen.szyndrowski@telus.co= m> = wrote: > I am attempting to link a cell from my spread sheet to a > text box in my chart, but have been unable to do so. Does > anyone know how or if this is possible. Select the chart, then click in the formula bar (above the chart, next t= o = the little "fx"), type the equal sign, then click on the cell that you = wish to refe...

VBA copy cell to another worksheet
Hello, I am trying to copy text information from one worksheet to another. I open only the first sheet then I have a comand button by where I want to say transfer the values. La macro give an error at ObjWorshett.Cells(Riga, 1).text = oDO.GetText Errore di run-time '1004'. Errore definito dall'applicazione o dall'oggetto. Thanks in advance! Franco Dim oDO As New DataObject oDO.SetText [B2].Value oDO.PutInClipboard Dim ObjWorshett As Worksheet Dim strNomeFile As String strNomeFile = "\\srv01\Dp\ANTONELLA\sblocco.xls" Set ObjWorshett = Appli...

Hide Address Bar
In GP 10, there's an address bar at the top of the home page. Is there a way to hide or delete that address bar? Thanks! Mary Fetsch The address bar is now a fixture in Dynamics GP 10 and cannot be removed. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Mary Fetsch" wrote: > In GP 10, there's an address bar at the top of the home page. Is there a way > to hide or delete that address bar? Thanks! > > Mary Fetsch Tha...

Cell Format Question
Is there a way to format a cell, so that I can just enter a number without having to manually enter a decimal point at the end? I believe that I've tried it every which way, and it just doesn't happen. For instance, I'll use the "Number" format, then specify 0 decimal points, type in "20", and it'll just say "0" (meaning, less than one half). Can I just enter "20", and have it appear as "20"? I only need to enter whole numbers in these cells. I know that it's easy enough to just type the decimal point at the end, but am ...

clicking on a cell to have it add a number
Is there a way to click on a cell and have it put in a "1" the first time you click, and then if you click it again have it put in a "2" and so on? We do surveys in houses and need to count for example the number of chairs. So, if we have a cell that says "chairs" and next to it the place to put the number of chairs, we want to be able to click on the blank cell and have it include the number of chairs, one for each click. Is this possible and how would you do it? Thanks for your help. Check out the use of a SPINNER. You can go up or down, just in case y...

How can i copy a value in a cell from a sheet and paste in anothe.
Hello, I ask my question with an exemple : I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2. But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too. Do you know the function to do that? Thanks :) ( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually ) Try putting this in D5 on sheet2: =Sheet2!C2 Maybe this is what you want. Art Hi use the formula ='sheet1'!C2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "clapton" <clapton@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F401E623-B2F0-463C-8E0E-04874B24F195@microsoft.com... &...

Phantom contact folders appearing in address book list
When I click the To: button on a new email or open the OUtlook address book I have many more contact folders listed in the "Show Nems from the:" box than I have actual contact folders. Most of these are names of folders I have previously replaced or deleted. How do I get rid of the phantom folders names appearing in the lists? I'm running WinXP 64 & Outlook 2003. I sure appreciate your help, John Just remove it. Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Changeā€¦ > -- Russ Valen...

Working with cell borders
I'm trying to have a vertical inside border in one cell, and that choice does not seem to be available, i.e., it's grayed out on the borders box. Why is this? On 21 Jan, 13:26, neppyworker <neppywor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to have a vertical inside border in one cell, and that choice does > not seem to be available, i.e., it's grayed out on the borders box. Why is > this? The inside border option refers to when you are working with a range of cells. If you selected A1:B3, and chose the inside border option, the broder wou...

Data Validation on Cells #2
How can I restraint the user from entering odd numbers in the cell? But I need the outcome to be in multiples of 5? Thanks. Ringo Tan So you want to restrict entries to even multiples of 5? Assuming your input cell is A1: Allow: Custom Formula: =MOD(A1,10)=0 In article <1F69353E-81F6-4D95-A901-5550AEB042E3@microsoft.com>, ringo tan <ringo tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I restraint the user from entering odd numbers in the cell? But I > need the outcome to be in multiples of 5? > Thanks. > > > Ringo Tan or do you, once the perso...

fill all cells in row with one cell entry
I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of text/number I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or marked somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already. Is this possible. Please help. thank you. "jv4_2+1" wrote: >I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of >text/number > I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or > marked > somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already. Is this > possible. Assume range is A1:D5 Select A1:D5 (with A1 ac...

How to populate a bunch of cells at once
My spreadsheet is huge and I would like the user to be able to populate an entire chunck of cells in the colum based on some criteria. So, if the user enters a value in one cell, a prompt could come up and ask "would you like to populate all the cells with this value that have the color red as the key" etc etc. Please give me a hint as to how to go about it. Once I get the idea, I will be set. Thanks so much Hi maybe not what you're looking for, but: - select all desired cells - enter your value - finish the entry with CTRL+ENTER (not with a single ENTER) -- Regards Frank...

get the active color of a cell
I got cells that had there color chaging automatically using a format condition (cond#1:red if B4<10 cond#2:green if C5>100 for example...). Now, I would like to automatically change the color to blue if the active color is red (condition #1 true in my example). I can get the ColorIndex of the cell: -when no condition applied = .Font.ColorIndex -when condition #1 applied = .FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex -when condition #2 applied = .FormatConditions(2).Font.ColorIndex But impossible to retrieve the actual cell color... any idea? Another way to solve my problem would be to be able ...

Increment a number based on four adjoing cells
I am using an xlsx spreadsheet for indexing metadata for file folders. Based on the metadata selected from dropdowns in columns H, I & J, the spreadsheet builds a file number in the format AA-AA-NN-nnnnn (A=alpha; N=predetermined number; nnnnn= sequential number). I'm using the following formulas: Col B =VLOOKUP(H577,FUNCTIONLU,2) Col C =VLOOKUP(I577,CATEGORYLU,2) Col D =VLOOKUP(J577,TYPELU,2) Col E =IF(D576="","",IF(COUNTIF($D$2:$D576,$D576)=1,TEXT(0,"00001")+0,IF(COUNTIF($D$2:$D576,D576)>1,INDEX($E$2:$E576,MATCH($D576,$D$2:$...

Customer Address Mass Delete
Hi, After an data migration, I need to delete all the customer addresses. How can I do it without mass delete the accounts ? Thanks, Hugo In SQL query analyser run following statement against your MSCRM database:- DELETE CustomerAddressBase Not supported, but it works Peter Lynch "Hugo Fonseca" <HugoFonseca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983A60F1-22C2-45A8-83C3-19E68AF8906A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > After an data migration, I need to delete all the customer addresses. How > can I do it without mass delete the accounts ? > > Thanks,...

1 address differnt users
Hi My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i read an email it doesnt appear on hers ??? Please help Thanks Vince I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on each log in. Is that not possible ? "Vince Averello" wrote: > There some info here that may help: > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm > > I'd suggest that the two of you get separate email accounts to make things > simpler. > > "SimonH" <S...

Automatically up date time in a cell
Hi all, I can enter the time in a cell by using the =now() and can update it by hitting the F9 key but how can I make it change automatically to always remain the same as the computer clock. I would imagine I need a macro to do it ...can someone please help me. Thanks....Mark check this thread.... http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=364995 Mangesh "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8EC77F7-14D8-4E3A-B683-004E549D1037@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I can enter the time in a cell by using the =now() and can update it by > hittin...

Using anonymous e-mail address
I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill, Susie, and so forth) in groups. My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous address, too. How can I emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show your IDs appear as "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address intact for e-mail. Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on Win XP Home PC. Thanks in advance. Joseph, The email address that you see that are ma...

Cell Location
Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Particularly with spreadsheets with lots of data, it would be easier on my eyes if what ever cell I am currently in is somehow highlighted and when I deselect it goes back to normal. It would be even better if the entire row and column would highlight. Please let me know if this is a function that is available on Excel. thanks there are several good sugestions at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell "Richard" wrote: > Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Part...