Unlocked protected hyperlink to defined range not work but others

I’m using Excel 2003 and having some problems with hyperlinking.  The
workbook has several sheets and this problem is only happening with the one
sheet – the other sheets work fine for all kinds of hyperlinking.  The
problem on the one sheet is this:

When unprotected everything is working normally.  When protected (all
relevent cells are unlocked): Hyperlinks to other worksheet work, Hyperlinks
to external website work, Hyperlinks to defined ranges (by name) within same
worksheet DO NOT work.  (There are two defined ranges that I defined myself
that I’m linking to within the worksheet)

Can you help?

0
moily (55)
2/23/2007 1:04:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Share Workbook with Password Protected Macros
I have created macros with codes that apply Password Protect/Unprotect the Worksheets. It runs fine except when I 'Share' the file. Please help! And many thanks!!! Hi one of the restrictions of shareed workbooks. AFAIK no way around this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Apepapa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6E2BFBE3-73F4-45B8-A91A-B9F5295EE2B0@microsoft.com... > I have created macros with codes that apply Password Protect/Unprotect the Worksheets. It runs fine except when I 'Share' the file. Please help! A...

cannot delete Protected Storage System Provider subkey (Error)
Trying to reset my password and login details but I cannot delete the subkey under protected storage system provider can anyone help? ...

How to make a header a hyperlink
Is it possible to format a custom header as a hyperlink (i.e. to link back to a table of contents from any page)? In a cell type Back to TOC Right click on that cell and go to Hyperlink On the left hand side click on Place In This Document Hit the + beside Cell Reference Pick the sheet your TOC is on This is assuming that your Table of Contents is on a different sheet i the same workbook. Post if otherwise -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Can excel objects be defined as global variables
I want to define such items as public ws as worksheet public rg as range I put them in the general declarations for "This Workbook". All other variables such as integer, string etc. are behaving as global. But not the objects. I read some discussion about defining them as I indicated above, but when I go to another module, it gives me the error that the name is not defined. Can objects be global? If so, is there a certain place they have to be defined Define them in a normal Module and it should work fine. RBS "Phyllis" <Phyllis@discussion...

How:spinbutton to display negative integers(e.g. range -10 to 10)
I have created a spinbutton and set min and max to -10 and 10 intending yield a range but clicking down from 0 gives me 65535.00. That's because you can't set the linked cell property <0, you would need code for this -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Boris" <Boris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:978E6420-048D-449E-81E6-21E0BBB31409@microsoft.com... > I have created a spinbutton and set min and max to -10 and 10 intending yield > a range but clicking down from 0 gives me 65535.00. > Oops! here's the code, be in design mode and double ...

inserting comments on protected cells
I have a multiuser spreadsheet and like to turn on the protection to protect locked cells. I leave certain cells unlocked for them to put in values but it won't let them insert comments. Is there anyway to protect my worksheet but still let users insert comments into unlocked cells? Ian, when you protect the sheet check allow users to edit objects -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Ian" <Ian@discuss...

Conditionally protect cells
Hi, I have an excel workbook that I share with another person in th company. The other person is responsible for entering data in some colums of worksheet (say Column A,B,C,D) and I am responsible to enter data i column's E,F,G,H. The routine is that he enters the data in the Columns A,B,C,D and at later time I update the Columns E,F,G,H. Is there a way that I can lock the Column A,B,C,D if there is data i the columns E,F,G,H. i,e, once I update my columns , he SHOULD NOT be able to update hi columns. They should be locked. Thank -- Rattlesnak -----------------------------------------...

Dynamic Chart with OFFSET defined name not working
Hi, I am using Excel 2003. I have followed instructions from sites such as http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 with very clear explanation on how to enter the OFFSET property in Defined Names. I even got a spreadsheet from http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html The problem: When I enter the defined names in the data source of the chat it gives error message "The formula you typed contains an error". In the downloaded spreadsheet, values and information for data source are blank, meaning the same (that is not able to underst...

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Password protected workbook with links disappeared
I recently added password and write protection to some workbooks. Now the files have disappeared. The folders they were in show up as files now with no file type or extension. When I open them in notepad the data is unreadable. I had a backup of one that I copied over to a new location and it was automatically given the xlsm extension. There are no macros in these workbooks, but there are many hyperlinks to internet addresses. Can I recover my files? How do I keep from losing them again? -- -La ...

command button controlling a range of dates
Hi, I would like to accomplish the following: 1. Have a command button that opens up a popup window. 2. Popup window is to have a calendar where you can select multiple dates (or two calendars where you select start and end date). 3. Popup window will also have three radio buttons, with a value assigned to each choice. 4. The selected date range will show up on the worksheet with each date filled out with a number corresponding to the choice made with the radio button, with each date having its own cell. Am I trying to do too much with excel? Thanks. This can be done in ...

Can't get MFC and HTTP_VERB_POST to work

Sum a Range Dependent on Non-zero Entries
I'm developing a flexitime spreadsheet and I'm calculating whether I'm over or under my contractual hours for the week. If there's a time worked for Monday, I want to use the contractual hours for Monday only to calculate the cumulative balance. If there's a time worked for Tuesday, I want to sum the contractual hours for Monday & Tuesday. If there's a time worked for Wednesday, I want to sum the contractual hours for Monday thro Wednesday, etc. I have this rather unwieldy nested IF statement and wonder if there's a neater way? =IF(J38="&q...

protect cell formatting
Excel 2003 - I have a spreadsheet that has various cells with different types of formatting - ie: bold / shade / font size etc. When a user copies / pastes from text from 1 cell to another, it carries over the formatting as well as the text - I want just the text to be copied. Instead of "regular" Paste - try 'PasteSpecial' > Values' > 'OK' Micky "David" wrote: > Excel 2003 - I have a spreadsheet that has various cells with different types > of formatting - ie: bold / shade / font size etc. When a user copies / pastes >...

local mail via second exchange server not working with AV client 9
Hello, I had one win2003 server with exchange 2003 and i added a new win2003 server with exchange 2003. our Symantec system is the following: Primary antivirus server with several secondary antivirus servers. Also several other win2003 servers with exchange in other domains so i do have some experience with the beast. For the exchange servers i have a single group "SERVERS" with exclusions so that the "c:\program files\exchsrvr" (or D:\ or whatever) directory is NOT scanned because i don't want corrupt databases and i have also symantec mail security for exchange ...

Formulas don't work
I have a file in the 2003 Excel Professional edition in which th formula on one column just shows the formulas only. No matter what formula I put there, it just shows the formula. Yet whe I e-mail the formula to another user using the older version, they jus enter + in front of the equal sign and it works fine. Then when the e-mail it back, I open the file and it works fine. But when I create new fileor work on the one before, the formula won't calculate. I happens to b =CONCATENATE(+LEFT(+A3,2),".",+MID(+A3,3,4),".",+RIGHT(+A3,2)) but n matter what formula, even +a2 ...

User Defined Function in VBA do not work in Excel
I am trying to get a user defined functione to work in excel and all I get is #NAME. I am using Office XP (Excel 2002) I have simplified the function to a minimum (here is the code): Public Function User() ' Returns the name of the current User User = Application.UserName End Function I have tried the following: - Set Macro security to Medium and then to low. - Digitally signed the code using a key generated by SELFCERT.exe - Everytime I have changed the secucrity settings I save the spreadsheet, closed it and re-opened it. So far nothing works can anyone offer some ins...

countifs criteria includes date range
After some help please - at my wits end now! I am using Excel 2007 and am trying to count cells which meet a certain criteria. Originally had no problems with this. Colum G contains 'subjects' and E contains a date entry formatted dd.mm.yy =COUNTIFS('On Call'!G:G,"Math*",'On Call'!E:E,"*.09.09") Had trouble sorting in date order with this format as it is not a 'date' as such. The date is now being entered dd/mm/yyyy and is formatted as a date but alas my formula now returns zeros throughout =COUNTIFS('On Call'!...

Protecting value in cells to change
Hello Excellers, I have the next problem, when i have a value on Sheet1!C3, Sheet2!cells C3:C10 may not bechanged. When sheet1!C3 is empty, Sheet2!cellsC3:C10 can be changed. How can i accomplish this action ? Greetz, Reijer You can do this with data validation but there are limits as to how much "protection" this will give you. You can try this out and see if it meets your needs. Create this defined name: Goto Insert>Name>Define Name: SH1C3 Refers to: =Sheet1!$C$3 OK Select the range Sheet2 C3:C10 Goto Data>Validation Alow: Custom Formula: =SH1C3="" U...

CD KEY office X doesn't work after update Office 10.1.2
Can someone please give the solution for the following: I installed Office X, after I updated this version with Office 10.1.2 my CD Key didn't work anymore. What do I have to do? Thanx! Franc Hogguer <f.hogguer@zonnet.nl> wrote: > Can someone please give the solution for the following: > > I installed Office X, after I updated this version with Office 10.1.2 > my CD Key didn't work anymore. > > What do I have to do? Carefully check whether you entered the key correctly (see <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;332010>) If that ...

Can I protect all excel tabs in a file with one password entry?
I have spreadsheets with multiple tabs - I presently have to password protect each tab separately. I'm looking for a way to protect all tabs with one password entry. i am not share the files, but others do view them and I don't want changes made. Indiana, you can use a macro like this, Sub protect_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Protect password:="123" Next ws End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is...

Hyperlink description field
Visio Professional 2002. I have a Conceptual Web Site diagram on which I use Web Site Map Shapes. Sometimes, when I need to change the hyperlink address, the text that the shape displays doesn't change. In Configure Hyperlinks, the Address and the Description fields show the new address, but the shape continues to display the old. Any idea? ...

change color of cell if an X exists in range
how do i change the color of a cell (red or black) depending on if an X is present in a range of cells please? a b c d 1 tim 2 pete x 3 jo x for example how to make tim black and pete in red because of c2 and jo in red because of d3 thanks K Hi Karen, Select Column A or Select all cells (Ctrl+A) depending on which cells you want to be colored. As long as Row 1 has the active cell then\ Format, Conditional Formatting C.F. Formula Is: =COUNTIF($B1:$G1,"x") then click o...

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...

Used Range and Source data of a Pivot Table
I am trying to write a function to ascertain if a worksheet solely contains a pivot table based on information from elsewhere in that workbook, E.g. a worksheet containing data formula would return False, A worksheet containg data and a pivot would return false, a worksheet containing a pivot of external data would return false, but a worksheet containing a pivot of data within the workbook would return true. I'm not sure of any direct way to do this, but am thinking on the lines if the used range of the sheet matched the range used by the pivot and the source data did not referen...