Unknown cell content

I wanted to print a worksheet which is withing a A4 size limit, but print
preview show 2 pages, Y is that so?

I copied to another sheet using context menu at the sheet tab but it still
show 2 pages! Any help

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If it doesn't fit the page, then it doesn't fit the page.

Maybe changing the printarea (file|print area) would help.

Maybe changing the option under File|page setup|Page tab
"Fit to x pages wide by y pages tall"
to 1 page wide to 1 page tall
(if it's a single sheet) would help.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to I set the margins for a cell in Excel?
Though I have word wrap on, the words are running over into the next cell. This could have something to do with the fact that I have hard-returns in the cell. I wanted to ensure the margins weren't set to -.5 (or something like that) which would allow this kind of short run-over. Are you sure you've toggled wraptext? Format|cells|alignment tab I've never seen text bleed over to adjacent cells with this toggled correctly. blinko wrote: > > Though I have word wrap on, the words are running over into the next cell. > This could have something to do with the fact tha...

Saving Values Into Word 2007 Content PlaceHolders
I am using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word to manipulate Word 2007 Documents. I have a web form having 4 fields. The user fills these fields. I also have an Expense.docx template with 4 placeholders. I have done coding till opening the word document by referring this post: http://weblogs.asp.net/vikram/archive/2008/07/01/automating-microsoft-word-2007-with-c-sharp.aspx I want to save the values of 4 web form fields into the 4 placeholders of Expense.docx template. Can anyone please help me in doing this. Thanks in advance. Regards. ...

Selected cells grow and data entry impossible EXT is dissabled
How do I dissable this option? I select a cell and move the cursor which selects other cells. I also cannot enter data anywhere or select any options in the tool bar after slecting a cell. Extended Selection Option is dissabled and verified through the status bar. Sometimes the mouse buttons stick. Gently bang all the buttons (including the wheel button if you have it) to see if that helps. David McRitchie has some notes about this kind thing at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt Allanhart42 wrote: > > How do I dissable this option? I select a cell and move the cu...

Cell changes color
I have a range that is all colored yellow. For some reason, one of the cells changes to white when the user enters a number in it. Anyone know why and how to prevent? Thanks. What you are describing can occur if conditional formatting has been applied to the cell. -- Gary's Student "JG Scott" wrote: > I have a range that is all colored yellow. For some reason, one of the > cells changes to white when the user enters a number in it. Anyone > know why and how to prevent? > > Thanks. > > "JG Scott" <jgscott3@bellsouth.net> wrote i...

Shading Blank Cells Between Values?
Hello, I have a program that I would like to keep track of pending leave for our employees. There is a sheet for every employee. I enter leave start dates and duration into these sheets. There is a master sheet with all employees names that looks like a calendar. A function places "Start" in the cell of the start date of leave, and "End" in the cell of the end date of leave. I can use conditional formatting to shade the cells that have "Start" and "End" in them, but I can't figure out how to shade the blank cells between the two. I...

cell format changing when when using search and replace.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Excel Cell Formatting, multiple lines
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to force a line wrap within a cell in Excel, similar to the way Shift^Return forces a line wrap in a table cell in Word? Control+Command+Return as well as Control+Option+Return. Have a look in Excel Help for others: Keyboard shortcuts used in Excel. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/22/10 1:51 PM, in article 59bb8db7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IHS@officeformac.com" <IHS@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (S...

How can I get the active cell in a worksheet to be highlighted in.
When working on a very large spreadsheet, I find it difficult to identify the active cell quickly and it would be helpful it it could be highlighted in a different color than all the rest. Is there any way to do this? Hi not quite what you have asked for but see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Note: This kind of event procedure will disbable the UNDO functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DizzyD" <DizzyD@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DA26FEF3-1092-429E-BDB8-8F5319F31B2B@microsoft.com... > When working on a very la...

Cell subtraction
In E17 I placed =If(isblank(A17),"===",B17-C17) In A17 I have the date 4/4/05 In B17 is the negative number -30.33 In C17 is the number 0.00 In E17 I get 30.33 instead of -30.33 How can I fix this to get -30.33 in E17 Also if A17 is blank/empty and B17 is empty and C17 is 500 then I get #VALUE! in E17 instead of === gudway@charter.net Your formula works correctly when values are keyed into A17 and B17 and C17. What formulas do you have in those cells? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence wit...

How do I copy data from one cell to another.
Hello. I'm having trouble creating a macro that will let me cut postcodes from one cell and paste into another cell. I would appreciate if anybody can help me. What I have, is a large excel spreadsheet with a couple of thousand names and addresses. The address fields start in column B through to G. Each line of the address should be in a separate cell within each row, but the postcodes have all ended up in the same cell as the last line of the address. I need to cut the postcodes out of these cells and paste them into column H which is empty. The addresses are different lengths, leavi...

need a cell to highlight
can this be done? when i put somthing in "D3" say a letter "Y" i would like for "F3" to highlight say a color say " blue" can that be done?? jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format>conditional formatting, formula is =EXACT($D$3,UPPER($D$3) click format and select pattern, click OK twice -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jladika >" <<jladika.17jkuj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jladika.17jkuj@excelforum-nospam.com... >...

Count consecutive cells if negative
Hi all, Is there a way to do this in excel? I have a column of numbers and I would like to count what the max number of consecutive negatives are. For instance, if I have a series of numbers (1,3,5,-2,-5,3,-7)), I would like it to return 2 as the max number of consecutive negatives. Thanks in advance! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ There may be a more elegant way, but here is one that worked for me: Assuming the data resides in Column A (I will use A2:A10 for illustration), I copy the following formula down next to the data in Column B from B2 to B10: =IF(A2<0,...

pethow do i insert a Yes/No function into a cell in Excel?
How do i insert a Yes/No function into a cell in Excel? petethomson Wrote: > How do i insert a Yes/No function into a cell in Excel? Hi pete Try an If function eg IF(A1=10, "Yes","No"), this is saying if A1 = 10 return the value Yes, if not return No -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467552 ...

Finding cells with leading characters
My spreadsheet looks like this: A 1 000000 2 182068 3 198506 4 200081 5 368010 6 580905 7 680001 8 686850 9 690060 10 700012 11 701068 12 802054 13 920211 14 968902 Using EDIT/FIND, when I enter '68' in the "Find What:" box, Excel finds A2, A5, A7, A8, A11 and A14 because their values contain '68'. What do I enter in the "Find What:" box to find the cells whose values BEGIN with '68'? (In this example, it would find ...

How do I change color of active cell in Excel
I would like the active cell (cell I am currently working in) to be a different color. Example: I am working in cell AD58 I would like for that cell to be blue, then as I move through the sheet, the current active cell would be blue. right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>SAVE to use for only one cell change Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow to Set MyRng = Target ===== 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoT...

using vba to write out contents of table
Hi, I have a very simple database as follows: Table name = searchDB Table has 3 fields: Subject, Keywords, Desc What I would like to do is use VBA code to write the contents of the database to a string. ie Dim sdb as string For each record in Table sdb = value of subject field + "," sdb = value of Keywords field + "," sdb = value of Desc field + "/////" Next record I know this should be dead easy, but I cant seem to find anything on google to point me in the right direct. Can anyone help with a link that will get me on the right ...

Attaching Macros to cells
Does anyone know If you can attach a VBA macro to a cell so that it runs when you enter out of the cell ...

Can I conditionally lock/unlock some cells
Hi I am making a journal on a spread sheet whereby each row is a successive date. I would like to make it so that the user can ONLY change the current row (date = TODAY). I figured out how to use conditional formatting to make the current date row a different color but I would like to go further and make it so the user can only change the current line. Can this be done? How? Thanks in advance Hi, you can use 'Data - Validation' and check if the date in one cell is equal to TODAY() Frank Another way is to use a macro that unprotects the worksheet, locks all the cells, unlo...

Formatting Cells Containing Date Fields That Are Text
Someone here at work imported into Excel a column of text data that looks like mm/dd/yyyy form but need to be mmddyyyy. I thought I could simply highlight the columns, click on Format/Cells/Custom and create mmddyyyy. I do this but the data doesn't change UNTIL I highlight each cell and press F2 or double-click in each cell or create a formula using Right, Mid, etc. When I press F2 or double-click, I notice that an X and a check mark both appear to the right of the Row/ Column box. There's got to be an easier way to do this besides 'onesie-twosie' but we can't figure it...

auto fill data into a cell from a lookup table
Does anyone know how to set up a cell formula so that if the data in a cell (such as a county name) is entered, an amount is placed in the cell in the next column? Hi use VLOOKUP to do this say you have your list of countries and amounts on sheet 2 in the range A1:B100 and then on sheet 1 you want to type a country name in cell A1 and have the amount appear in B1 the formula for B1 would be =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$100,2,0) which says, look at the value in A1, find it in the first column of the table in Sheet2 and return the associated value from the second column of this table whe...

limit number of characters in a cell
I am creating an application form to be used electronically. I want a particular cell to be free text, so users can write what they like (ie their name), but I want to limit the number of characters they can use. Can this be done? I have put text wrap on the cell, but it still allows me to enter more information than fits into the box. I want it to stop users entering info when the visible cell is full. Rob, Teesside, UK. "abfabrob" wrote: > I am creating an application form to be used electronically. I want a > particular cell to be free text, so users can write wh...

Remember Lowest Value in Cell
Cell D3 contains a numeric value. As data is changed in cell D3, I want cell G3 to keep track of the lowest value that was entered in Cell D3. How do I do this? Thanks Right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this. Put a large value in d3 and go from there Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address <> "$D$3" Then Exit Sub lv = Range("g3") If Target < lv Then Range("g3").Value = Target End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "iamnu" <iamnubw@gmail.com>...

Cell search & reporting
Hi Is there a formula that would search one cell for a month and then search a range of other cells for a date and then look below and report into the formula cell what is reported possibly in a different colour depending on what is reported. e.g. A B C D E F G 1 Date 31…Month December…Year 2007 2 3 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 4 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 smith E E DO S E DO DO 6 jones DO N DO DO DO DO N 7 8 9 The cell in A9 wo...

Eliminate empty cells in data range
Hi Everyone! I'm using a MIN function to find the lowest value in a set of 10 values that I am downloading from the internet. The problem is, the data will sometimes have an empty cell before the next set of data. I want to find the lowest value of the last ten values. If I just use a range, it will sometimes be 8, 9, or 10 values as the spaces change with the download from the internet? Is there any way to find the lowest number in a set of 10 values if there are empty cells involved? Thank you. -- Thanks! Stephen Hi! If the values are in a row: =MIN(IU1:INDEX(A1:IU1,LARGE(IF...

Matching cells #4
A1 thru A10 contains sequentially-sorted data. B1 thru B6 contains sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data in Col A. For example. A B 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 6 5 5 8 6 6 10 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in Col A that have the same contents. For example: A B 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 6 6 7 7 8 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 In my actual spreadsheet, Col A contains 60,000 ce...