Unable to use right-click on cells; standard and formatting toolbars disabled

Hello -

I'm not sure what happened but a while back I started having problems
with excel.

First,  the Standard and Formatting toolbars are no longer displaying
in the toolbar area.  When I use Customize toolbar  they appear on the
Customize-Toolbar tab,  but the check-boxes to the left are disabled
(i.e  I can't check/uncheck them) .

Second,  and really important for me because I use a lot of this
feature, in the working area,  right-clicking no longer works. When I
right-click a cell, row, or column, no right menu appears with the
traditional copy, cut, paste etc or whatever.  Nothing happens at all.

I decided to try to re-install excel from my MS Office CD,  but up
came a "Repair?  or Delete?" question and it felt like I was on the
web and not engaged on the CD.

I'd like to re-install the whole thing,  I'm just stopped right now
because there's no re-install option and I'm afraid if I delete it and
there's a problem I won't find a fast fix/support.  I can't afford to
be off my PC for longer than an hour or two for the next several
months.

I still have my product key.  Can anyone enlighten me on the process
and where to go for help if I delete it and something doesn't work?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Trizi

I suggest you do this first and post back

Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

1. Close Excel
2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders)
3. Rename or delete the .xlb file or files (In 2002 the name = Excel10.xlb)
4. Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm to your system
Excel will create a new file for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)
If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Trizi" <tttrizi-misc@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:1182434709.262582.52860@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> Hello -
>
> I'm not sure what happened but a while back I started having problems
> with excel.
>
> First,  the Standard and Formatting toolbars are no longer displaying
> in the toolbar area.  When I use Customize toolbar  they appear on the
> Customize-Toolbar tab,  but the check-boxes to the left are disabled
> (i.e  I can't check/uncheck them) .
>
> Second,  and really important for me because I use a lot of this
> feature, in the working area,  right-clicking no longer works. When I
> right-click a cell, row, or column, no right menu appears with the
> traditional copy, cut, paste etc or whatever.  Nothing happens at all.
>
> I decided to try to re-install excel from my MS Office CD,  but up
> came a "Repair?  or Delete?" question and it felt like I was on the
> web and not engaged on the CD.
>
> I'd like to re-install the whole thing,  I'm just stopped right now
> because there's no re-install option and I'm afraid if I delete it and
> there's a problem I won't find a fast fix/support.  I can't afford to
> be off my PC for longer than an hour or two for the next several
> months.
>
> I still have my product key.  Can anyone enlighten me on the process
> and where to go for help if I delete it and something doesn't work?

0
rondebruin (3790)

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Using scanner in Word97

Saving toolbar changes

Using later version of microsoft access

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Format for credit card numbers

unable to read file #7

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA