Unable to display window along top of screen for entering information.

I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP.  Every time I open Excel the window
comes up without the narrow window along the top of the screen for editing
and entry of text information into a cell.  Can't get it back no matter how
hard I try.  Even tried reinstalling Office.

                                                    Don J

dej8801 (23)
4/20/2007 10:40:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

View|Formula bar
???

Don J wrote:

> I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP.  Every time I open Excel the window
> comes up without the narrow window along the top of the screen for editing
> and entry of text information into a cell.  Can't get it back no matter how
> hard I try.  Even tried reinstalling Office.
>
>                                                     Don J

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
4/20/2007 11:00:35 PM
It worked!  Thank you very much.

Now another question:  All of my toolbars that have buttons on them look as
though they are 'bloated'.  The icons appear to be twice the usual size.
Again reinstalling Office did not help the problem.  Can you help?

                                            Don J

> View|Formula bar
> ???
>
> Don J wrote:
>>
>> I'm using Office 2003 with Windows XP.  Every time I open Excel the
>> window
>> comes up without the narrow window along the top of the screen for
>> editing
>> and entry of text information into a cell.  Can't get it back no matter
>> how
>> hard I try.  Even tried reinstalling Office.
>>
>>                                                     Don J

> Dave Peterson

0
dej8801 (23)
4/21/2007 12:52:19 AM
Maybe...

Tools|Customize|Options Tab|Uncheck Large Icons

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Unable to send item." in Outlook 2003
When trying to send a message in Outlook 2003 I get an error message saying "unable to send item.". I also get an error message syaing "Operation failed." when trying to save a message. However, when replying to a message I have received I can save and send without a problem. I also have Outlook Express installed on my machine. I don't know if that may be causing a problem Thanks. - David ...

Weird inconsistent display in Outlook
Hi, This is not an Outlook issue as it happens in OWA as well. When opening the address book in Outlook or OWA from an Exchange 2003 system the Phone No, Title and Office detail of any User or Contact display properly but when opening the Propertirs box of certain users or contacts the display is completely wrong i.e. no Title, Office, Tel no or anything. The only info being displayed is the AD-name in the Display Name box in the following format: Outlook: /o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Alias OWA: EX:/o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/c...

how to force user not to enter "%" sign into a TextBox.
I need to force user not to enter "%" sign into a text box. OnExit event of text box, which code sould i use, so that I will make the CANCEL=True? I can do that by placing ComboBox and defining a criteria on the query where combobox is bounded. But i want to learn how to do in VBA. There are lots of information about it on this group but i failed to understand. Thanks mezzanine1974 wrote: > I need to force user not to enter "%" sign into a text box. OnExit > event of text box, which code sould i use, so that I will make the > CANCEL=True? > I can do that by pla...

i am unable to find "paste append" in Access 2007
I upgraded to Access 2007. I am using a form from Access 2003. Irrespective of view (form or table), I cannot seem to find the "paste append" or even "duplicate record" function. Any ideas? Thanks. On the Home tab of the ribbon, at the bottom of the Paste button is an arrow. Clicking that arrow gives you the Paste Append option. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Pharma" <Pharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Windows mail
I have a big mails data which I wan to use by window mail with regular use. But WML don't support me this way. I import mails but incoming mails are in other inbox. How can I set my mails with regular base? How can save them at my desired locate(I already have mail in that forlder)? Thanks. Chand When you import messages, they are placed in the Imported Messages folder. You can select the messages, and drag them into another folder if you wish. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Chand" <Chand@discussions.micr...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

Month to Date information
I am using a table that has the Date as the Primary key. I have built a userform that shows the various related Revenues that occured on that date, but I would like to show Month-to-Date information on that as well, i.e., if the current date being viewed is 20 July 2007, I would like the month-to-date add up all of the revenues from 01 July through 20 July. If I'm viewing 31 Aug 2007, I would like the revenues to add up 01-31 August. I am very new to Access,(so new, in fact, I have the "Dummy Book"), so dumb it down if you can. Thanks so much! This will give you all b...

Deselect top record #2
When looking at the history in an opportunity or a few of my other custom entities the top record is always selected, even when I select a different record. So if I try to open the second record I cannot. The only way to deselect the top record is to hold down the CTRL key as you click on it. I remember I've had this issue before, but I can't seem to find the fix anywhere on the internet again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was able to resolve this issue by reseting the settings in Interner Explorer. Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - and then hit the...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

Trapping Enter key in FormView of SDI -PreTranslateMessage
Hai I Have a Owner Drawn button in a FormView and on clicking on the EnterKey i need to make that Button to handle some thing and i have used PreTranslateMessage and can i use PreTranslateMessage in FormView and please let me know the details suresh If you want the clicking action to be in button, OnLButtonDown in your button should work. If you want to handle it in the form, PreTranslateMessage will work fine. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Suresh" <suresh_vcplusplus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#IW0FkGqEHA.1712@tk2msftngp13.ph...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

Formula to copy related information from sheet 1 to sheet 2
Hello guys, I hope you'll can help me. i have the information below in sheet 1. i need the information to be filtered, copy and paste in sheet 2 according to the month. example. if october, i need all information for the month of october to be copy and past from column A, B, C sheet 1 to column A, B, C sheet 2 please help. A B C Serial Number Quantities (Kilos) Date 8.1122 539,470 22/10/2009 8.1122 403,697 22/10/2009 8.1122 643,710 05/11/2009 8.1122...

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

display after converting lotus
After converting lotus files to excel... the outline of each cell as dispalyed on the screen disappears to reveal a white only background. How do I get the outline of each cell to reappear? Thanks John You could make your own list picking the data from here http://cherbe.free.fr/traduc_fonctions_xl97.html make it into a table and use vlookup I also believe Norman Harker is working on one.. Look in the newsgroups for his name and email him and if your home is good he might send you one for free <g> -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" <jfrasercpa@cs.com> wrote in message...

Required screen resolution for Office 2004
Hi, I have a first release iBook Clamshell that sadly only has an 800x600 screen resolution. Even more unfortunately, I was going through the Office 2004 sys requirements and found a 1028x768 res was needed. Since I *very* badly need Office, I was wanting to know if anybody has gotten working Office 2004 on an 800x600? Many thanks. Hi, there was a user who posted here some time ago, and he couldn't get Office 2004 to work properly as some dialogues, such as the Save dialogue, did not show up in their entirety on an 800x600 screen. Office v.X, Office 2004's predecessor, however, ...

The toolbar at bottom of screen has the word calculate
My excel sheet is not updating other files when they are all opened. The word calculate continues to appear in the ready toolbar at the bottom of the screen. The calculation option in the tools option is set at automatic, iteration is ticked and at maximum iterations. When a number changes the sheet calculates this sheet but not the other opened files. This file is not linked to any other file (i.e it is not dependant on any data in any other file) Can anybody explain what is causing this problem "Calculate" means there's a circular reference. Go through your worksheets u...

Unable to receive External email
Hi, I tried to do testing as following. I create email using crm domain account. email is sent to yahoo/hotmail account. When i check the yahoo/hotmail account, i can see the message. then i reply the message. but this message will never come into my crm domain account. Can someone help me out on how to solve this issue? Thx Carrie Check the event log on your exchange server. please also provide additonal information like: CRM version : Router = Installed/not-installed Exchange server : ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, I did not see any error on e...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

trendline equation does not display correctly
I am using Excel 2007. When I change the order of the trendline from 2 to 3, the cubic term does not appear. If I rasie the order to 4 there is still no cubic term. Only when I raise the order to 5 does the cubic term appear. I suspect that the higher order terms are not displaying. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have sent the file to people who are using Excel 2003 and they have no problem getting the trendline equation to display correctly. Rick - Please provide a (small) data set so that this problem can be replicated. When I have a set of XY points that are approximat...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

Windows XP Snipping Tool
There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp Home Edition. Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. http://microsoft-snipping-tool.software.informer.com/ Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. Why are you trying to install a program that was written for Windows Vista and Windows 7 into Windows XP? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool There are LOADS of free screen capture utilities...