Type a number and data appears from another sheet

I have a document that lists volunteers and their personal info (name, 
email, phone etc.) with the Week number (1-5) of the Sunday when they 
help out. Some volunteers are in age group K-2nd and the others are in 
3rd-5th.

What I am doing at the moment is sorting by Week number and then 
filtering by week number (e.g. 2 for the second Sunday of the month). I 
then copy that information to another sheet in the same workbook.

What I would like to do is just type a week number e.g. 2 in A1 of "This 
Week" sheet and then somehow *magically* have all the people from both 
K-2nd and 3rd-5th listed in their separate sheets for that weekend (2nd) 
end up on the This Week sheet so I can see who is coming/supposed to be 
coming. That way, all I need to do is edit the K-2nd and 3rd-5th 
Worksheets and not have to work with/edit data from the This Week sheet.
I have *no* idea how to do this as my knowledge of Excel is simple at 
best with easy =IF statements.
Can someone in the know help me out please?
Thanks very much.
(Using Excel 2007 but will need it to be 2003 compatible) 


0
n0ne (1)
12/12/2007 4:24:34 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
568 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

I don't quite follow all your descriptions, but if you would like to
send me a small version of your file (.xls format please), then I'll
have a look at it for you. Send to:

pashurst <at> auditel.net

Change the obvious.

Pete

On Dec 12, 4:24 am, "(c)(R)" <n...@n0ne.com> wrote:
> I have a document that lists volunteers and their personal info (name,
> email, phone etc.) with the Week number (1-5) of the Sunday when they
> help out. Some volunteers are in age group K-2nd and the others are in
> 3rd-5th.
>
> What I am doing at the moment is sorting by Week number and then
> filtering by week number (e.g. 2 for the second Sunday of the month). I
> then copy that information to another sheet in the same workbook.
>
> What I would like to do is just type a week number e.g. 2 in A1 of "This
> Week" sheet and then somehow *magically* have all the people from both
> K-2nd and 3rd-5th listed in their separate sheets for that weekend (2nd)
> end up on the This Week sheet so I can see who is coming/supposed to be
> coming. That way, all I need to do is edit the K-2nd and 3rd-5th
> Worksheets and not have to work with/edit data from the This Week sheet.
> I have *no* idea how to do this as my knowledge of Excel is simple at
> best with easy =IF statements.
> Can someone in the know help me out please?
> Thanks very much.
> (Using Excel 2007 but will need it to be 2003 compatible)

0
pashurst (2576)
12/12/2007 9:22:17 AM
I've received your file, worked on it, and sent it back to you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 12, 9:22 am, Pete_UK <pashu...@auditel.net> wrote:
> I don't quite follow all your descriptions, but if you would like to
> send me a small version of your file (.xls format please), then I'll
> have a look at it for you. Send to:
>
> pashurst <at> auditel.net
>
> Change the obvious.
>
> Pete
>
> On Dec 12, 4:24 am, "(c)(R)" <n...@n0ne.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I have a document that lists volunteers and their personal info (name,
> > email, phone etc.) with the Week number (1-5) of the Sunday when they
> > help out. Some volunteers are in age group K-2nd and the others are in
> > 3rd-5th.
>
> > What I am doing at the moment is sorting by Week number and then
> > filtering by week number (e.g. 2 for the second Sunday of the month). I
> > then copy that information to another sheet in the same workbook.
>
> > What I would like to do is just type a week number e.g. 2 in A1 of "This
> > Week" sheet and then somehow *magically* have all the people from both
> > K-2nd and 3rd-5th listed in their separate sheets for that weekend (2nd)
> > end up on the This Week sheet so I can see who is coming/supposed to be
> > coming. That way, all I need to do is edit the K-2nd and 3rd-5th
> > Worksheets and not have to work with/edit data from the This Week sheet.
> > I have *no* idea how to do this as my knowledge of Excel is simple at
> > best with easy =IF statements.
> > Can someone in the know help me out please?
> > Thanks very much.
> > (Using Excel 2007 but will need it to be 2003 compatible)- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0
pashurst (2576)
12/13/2007 12:51:18 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

Copy field data to multiple places
Newbi here.... I have a access 07 file of about 1000 records (rows) and a field (column) I'll call the "project number". All the records do not have the project number inserted as of yet. Is there a simple means to insert a project number in say 50 records at a time, another project number in another 75 records etc. Copy/Paste will do it but may take months to enter. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:31:05 -0500, "Meebers" <justme@idontkno.com> wrote: >Newbi here.... I have a access 07 file of about 1000 records (rows) and ...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm Microsoft wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point > slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is > changed. We can s...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Money plus Deluxe Where do I find Balance sheet and Profit and Los
I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus Deluxe have them? In microsoft.public.money, bigwahoo wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print >out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income >statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus >Deluxe have them? Go to the Reports list, and look around. T...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

Combine part of text from one col to another
I'm trying to combine only part of a string from one column with all th text of another column. For instance I want to create usernames to log into a network. If col has Bill and col2 has Smith I want to get just the B from col1 an combine it with col2 to make smithb in a new column. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this: -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== =B1&LEFT(A1) "epac135 >" <...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

=Sheet!A1 formula alternative
I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 contains text data from A1:A200 but not in consecutive order (for example): Sheet1 A 1 textone 2 texttwo 3 4 textmisc 5 6 textother I need Sheet2!B1:B50 to grab all the data from Sheet1!A1:A200 and list them in the order that they were entered in Sheet1 as shown below: Sheet1 Sheet 2 A B 1 textone 1 textone 2 texttwo 2 texttwo 3 3 textmisc 4 textmisc ...

adding another user on same computer
Hi, I have made amew user on my computer so that the woman I live with=20 may use my computer without the danger of corrupting my files=20 accidentially. When we go to the dock on her side - and that is the side from which = I=20 am emailing you - there are two question marks where the icons for 'word = and excel would have been. How can I get this corrected? Just drag the question mark to the desktop and you will find them vanish. Next drag the Word and Excel programs to the dock and you will find it working properly. Anand P "poggi8@comcast.net" <anonymous@dis...

On startup text to speech installation keeps appearing
Dear All When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel continues to load saying: "Text to Speech - This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I dont want to install it but this KEEPS coming up, any ideas? Thanks Adam Someone answer please !!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel >continues to load saying: > >"Text to Speech - This feature is not currently >installed. Would you like to install it now?" > >I dont want to inst...

Retreiving data
We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" Can anyone help me -- Dambo On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 01:21:01 -0800, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following >message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" > >Can anyone help me What steps did you do to decommission the old server? If you give us an idea of the version of the old and new ones we can post the right help ...

Help Required with Macro to Manipulate Data
I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported from a text file) A B C D 1 Branch Date Total 2 4501 030204 29 3 4 4501 030204 14 5 6 4502 030204 331 7 8 4502 030204 52 9 10 4503 030204 54 11 12 4503 030204 85 Hi Alay and what do you want to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported ...

Default "Save as Type" problem
Outlook 2003 - when saving an e-mail message "save as type" defaults to HTML. This unfortunately strips off the attachments. I need to change to Outlook Unicode type as a default, but when changing settings in Tools - Options - Other - Advanced Options - "Use unicode message format when saving" when ticked on - doesn't seem to make any difference. Default still appears as HTML. Can anyone help Thanks, Georg ...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

Data
I can not see the entires I made for the past month. What can I do? In microsoft.public.money, Magnus wrote: >I can not see the entires I made for the past month. What >can I do? I don't know what would cause that. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 describes using -s switch. That is a simple safe thing to try. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274584 describes salv.exe. These may not solve your problem, but they are what I would do. I would also review my backup file situation. ...

External data changes not reflected
I am frustrated by something that is probably simple and due to my lac of knowledge... I had some 10 rows of external data (a named range in anothe spreadsheet) and I was copying it in just fine. Then I extended the source to have 20 rows and changed the length o the named range now when I refresh the data in the destination it onl brings in the first 10 rows. Even If I create a NEW desination workbook file it still doesn't pic up my new BIGGER named range definition(so it isn't something local t the WKS file) I presume it muct be keeping some definition around in cache or in ...