Two columns on X-axis

How can I get a 90 degrees text alignment on x-axis from two columns.
It's only column B taht rotate. Column A is still horisontel. The serie
in column C gives a graf.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select whatever it is you want rotated 90=B0
Press Ctrl + 1
On the Alignment tab, under Orientation, set it to 90=B0
Click OK

columns and rows
I have a workbook set up in excel but I want to re-arrange it so that the columns become the rows and vice versa. There is already data stored in the workbook, so I need to make sure that it is allocated to the correct corresponding cell afterwards. Is this possible? Hi the copy / paste special - transpose function will do what you want. However, if you want to do it to large range of data i suggest you copy the data from your workbook and then edit / paste special - transpose into a new workboook ... as you can't use CUT with transpose. Notes: the numbers of columns & rows ...

Two page spread
Have Win 98SE, MS Publisher 2002, We have set up a two page brochure running to ten pages (A4 landscape) but would like to include the centre pages as a two page spread. We always appear to get a line of 'no text' (small blank space) down the centre of the spread, where the centre line would be. Is there a solution other than create a separate document. Thank you. What do you have on the center page? Text boxes have a .04 margin by default, might try setting it to zero. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm ...

Need X to act like my "Close without Save" button.
Hello, I’m stuck and I can’t get loose.  I have a form that opens with the following “On Open” event: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.Maximize DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acNewRec DoCmd.Requery "lboItems" End Sub If the user makes no changes “form not dirty” and clicks the X on the upper right corner, the form closes with no problem. If the user makes changes “form dirty” and clicks X, the form closes and the record is saved, this is not good. I’ve created two buttons on the form that work well. “Save Record” with the following ...

time columns not adding correctly
Please Help I am trying to calculate total available time for my job and am importing files. When importing to Excel and adding 3 columns, the data in the 4 th column is not adding up. h:mm:ss to total h:mm:ss. Also, some of the colums are less that one hour ( :15:22). Thanks so much for your time. That is certainly too much information! Format Custom as [h]:mm:ss Or post back with formulas, input values, expected and actual results. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "student" <student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299B540A-4177-...

how to overflow from page 2 to page 1 both in 2nd column
Sitting a test i found one part i could not do, it is a 2 page leaflet you start on the second column page 1 then on the 2nd column page 2 you have to overflow to 1st column page 1 but it will not take this move, can you help me please Are you linking the boxes? Create a two column text box on each page. Go to page two, select the text box, click the link (up in the right corner of the toolbar), the cursor will turn into a bucket, go to page one and click on the text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "...

Office for Mac OS X
Good morning! Since yesterday, my Office applications (Entourage, Word and Excel) provoke the complete blocking of my Powerbook G4 when using them. I have to reboot the machine to start it again, but it is of no help as I use always these applications and it happens again and again. Could somebody be of any help on this? Great thanks! Dominique > Since yesterday, my Office applications (Entourage, Word > and Excel) provoke the complete blocking of my Powerbook > G4 when using them. > I have to reboot the machine to start it again, but it > is of no help as I use always these ap...

Creating a clustered column chart
I need to create a bar-bar graph with a secondary axis. When I try to add the second axis, it puts the two bar graphs on top of each other like a stacked column graph. I need two distinct bar graphs with 2 differ vertical axes. How can I do this? Thanks. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Unfortunately it's difficult to avoid confusion between the axes, for the people looking at your chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "laure...

How do you sort a multi-column list by rows?
I'm a worship leader, I need to create an index for the songs in my notebook. I'm using Excel (I'm an absolute beginner, just got it yesterday) and need to know how to sort a list with several columns (song title, tempo etc.) by any one of the columns and keep the rows intact. Thanks 4 the help. If I understood your problem correctly, this should help, at least a bit. Select ONE cell in the column you want to sort by. Then click on a button in the toolbar, it should say AZ and an arrow downwards. To do an ascending sort, click the button with and arrow upwards. If you don&...

Dispatch the CPU between the two queuing processes
Hello, How and where can we dispatch the CPU between the two queuing processes : - Timesheet Queue on Published database. - Project Queue on Draft database. Thanks for your help Project Server 2007 SP2 + Dec CU on Windows Server 2003 ...

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

sync two pocket pcs into one Money
Is there an upgrade to sync the transactions of two individual pocket pcs with our Money 2004 on our desktop? Of course when one of us gets the message that we want Active Sync to use the current device, it messes up the transactions/balances on the pocket pc. Appreciate any suggestions. There isn't a way to do that, Terry. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Terry" <mtba1@msn.com> wrote in message news:301c001c46dad$1d5424c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an upgrade to sync the transactions of two > individual pocket pcs with our Money 2004 on our > desktop? Of cour...

Print Address Labels from Columns??
Have an Excel spreadsheet with Name, Address, State, Zip in different columns. Are there stored functions an easy method to print envelopes or at least write that information to a text file for printing as address labels? Hi the following sites may help you using Word in combination with Excel (mail merge for your labels): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Al Franz wrote: > Have an Excel spreadsheet with Name, Address, State, Zip in different > columns. Are there...

Y Axis labels: How to make them different to figures used to plot.
I am plotting a chart of student progress cores. These take the form 4c, 4b, 4a, 5c, 5b, 5a. To do calculations on them and plot them I have converted them into numbers in a Lookup: 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 etc Works fine. Chart (which plots student performance against target) looks great. But to make sense to teachers and students the axis must revert to 4c, 4b, 4a - not 1, 2, 3 ,4. The only solution I have found is to remove Y axis labels and place over that area a text box with the correct labels. But it keeps shifting on different views and different printers. is there any ...

How to size a column in inches, see it the way it would print
I would llike to find out how can I do this to easily size columns and rows width and height. Seems I want to print labels in excel, fill them up from a DAO recordset, Because the labels are already sized and cut, if there is an error or mis alignment they just don't print well. I have done this in Access, but it is very inconsistent when i move the application from one machine to another, I've found excel very easy to use, I'm just having this problem sizing the cells to the labels measurements. the label's height and width are 1 in. by 2.625 in. there is a top and b...

SUM values in a column till you reach a flag in another column- Urgent
Hello: My data is something like this: Column1 Column2 Flag 1 200 0 2 300 0 4 500 1 6 400 0 7 300 0 9 600 0 I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the flag seperately. In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output for the above sheet. The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by a simple formula. Please help. This is Urgent. Than...

how to insert workbook names and worksheet names to access columns
Dear All, Please how can I copy or insert the filename (workbook) without the .xls extension in the first column of the access table and the worksheet name (worksheet tab) in the second column of an access table? Please I am working on a cost accounting document of a company. The workbook is named after the cost center name eg Sales and the Worksheet is named after the general ledger code (GLCode eg EE00875). After trasfering all worksheets of all workbooks into one access table using the TransferSpreadsheet method (this is successful), I created two columns using the RunSQL and ALTE...

Checking for two values
Hi, sorry if this is a really easy question but it's driving me nuts because nothing I've tried seems to work. Basically, I am looking for a way to do this: If cell A1 contains the word "email" and cell B1 contains "@", give the result 1, otherwise give the result 0. I have tried using the AND function and wildcards, but I either get an error message or it returns an incorrect result. Can anyone help please? Thanks very much Terry One way: =--and(countif(a1,"*email*")>0,countif(b1,"*@*")>0) =and() will return True or False. The -- s...

Match/ Merge columns
I wrote a previous message, but I didn't know if it was clear. I am trying to take data from the months of March and April and merge them together to get one complete spreadsheet of each person's account for each month. Is there a way to do this? I have been sorting by ID# and doing the rest manually. A B C D 1 ACCT BAL 2 NAME ID # MARCH 3 ASHLEY 111-11-1111 88 4 BRIAN 222-22-2222 32 5 CARL 333-33-3333 48 6 DAVID 444-44-4444 92 7 EVAN 555-55-5555 25 8 FRANK 666-66-6666 108 9 11 ACCT BAL 12 NAME ID # APRIL ASHLEY 111-11-1111 100 BRAD 888-88-8888 28 CARL 3...

Find matching records based on two fields
Hi, I'd be really grateful if someone could please assist with my query. I'm trying to identify all records where [Source] is equal to 'Atlas' that has matching records in [Species] where [Source] is equal to 'Museum' OR 'Survey' as per example below... Original Table: UniqueID Source Species 1 Atlas A 2 Atlas B 3 Atlas B 4 Atlas C 5 Atlas D 6 Survey B 7 Survey C 8 Museum C 9 Museum D Query result: ...

Trying to print different columns non sequentially on one sheet of paper.
Hi, I have an excel doc. that has about 18 columns. I would like to print just selected columns but NOT all in a consecutive row. For example Column A, Column D and Column H. But I would like them to print all on one sheet. Currently I have tried to look for directions on how to do this but the columns print on separate pages. Is this possible to have them print all on one sheet? I am dumbfounded on this one! :confused: -- vivavegas02 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vivavegas02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

How can I run two powerpoint sessions?
I want to compare two power point presentations on a system with two monitors. Each monitor would have a powerpoint session running so that I could see them side by side. I do not want to run both power point presentation in one session as this, even when maximised only fills one monitor and there is no enough screen space to see the two presentatiosn side by side. This is easily done in both Word and Excell simply by starting a new sessin when the firts one ins minimused. But I cant seem toget Power point to follow suite. With the first presentation minimized, Hold down the ...

Excel Columns Display Right to Left
I've got a user who when creating a new excel document from a blank worksheet, her columns show up from right to left instead of the normal setup which shows A as the first left hand column. It is as if it is a mirror and everything is backwards. Has anyone encountered anything like this or know how to fix this? The numbers and characters display correctly but A is just the far left column instead of the first. Hi Tools>Options..International Change the default direction -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "ljdumont@ingr.com&q...

Select count of columns with data
I have a table that has 6 columns lets say Column1, Column2, Column3, Column4, Column5, Column6 running on MSSQL 2008. What I need to do is return how many of the coluns in a query contain data. ex: select 8 from table where Column1 = 'Mydata' if Column2, Column4, and Column5 contain data I want to return "3" Can this be done? I can't think of any real magic tricks do this more elegantly than something like this: SELECT CASE WHEN Column1 IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE 1 END + CASE WHEN Column2 IS NULL THEN 0 ELSE 1 END + CASE WHEN Column3 IS NULL THE...

Contacts: How to add two people w/ different last names, same hou.
Outlook contacts is based on the traditional system, allowing two people to be listed in a household who share the same last name: Charlie & Pamela Schmidt 123 Harrowsgate Drive Citytown, NY 14004 Contacts does not, however, allow for two people living in the same household with different last names (e.g., cohabitation): Ben Cole, Jr. & Amy King 2600 Mountain Drive Denver, CO 12345 I am trying to send out holiday cards and don't know what to do. Thanks. I mail merge then edit the merge file before printing. I usually need to tweak other addresses anyway. ...

How do I stop trendline from touching the y-axis?
I have plotted a few points in a scatter graph and need to add a linear trendline, however everytime I do, it extends the trendline to the Y-Axis, which makes my plots unclear and very bunched up. I want to be able to add a trendline without it touching the y-axis. Does the leftmost point have an X value of zero? Did you choose the option to force the fit to pass through the origin? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Marco Couch" <Marco Couch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...