Turning off the Autofilter in a Macro

Can someone please assist me - several people have assisted me with this but
as I am not a programmer, I have not been able to figure out where to place
the code to turn off the autofilter.  Thank you for your help!

<.AutoFilterMode = False>

Sub RDB_Copy_Sheet()
    Dim myFiles As Variant
    Dim myCountOfFiles As Long

    myCountOfFiles = Get_File_Names( _
                     MyPath:="\\RADNTSHARE\Old_Share\share\4553AB7 (Xience
V)\Data Management\Reports\ClinDart Reports", _
                     Subfolders:=True, _
                     ExtStr:="*20090727_Reviewed*", _
                     myReturnedFiles:=myFiles)

    If myCountOfFiles = 0 Then
        MsgBox "No files that match the ExtStr in this folder"
        Exit Sub
    End If

    Get_Sheet _
            PasteAsValues:=True, _
            SourceShName:="", _
            SourceShIndex:=1, _
            myReturnedFiles:=myFiles

End Sub

0
fgwiii (17)
7/28/2009 1:23:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

CONDITION IN MACRO #2
This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002. I'm trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to SetValue. It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard" (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is [CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to [CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seem...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Record Macro Relative does not work?
Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell, then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size (8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can this kind of macro be done? To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is visible, it has 2 icons, one is to s...

Yet another Lotus macro question
I have for the most part converted to Excel but have a simple macro that on the surface cannot be converted. The Lotus macro used a database, template and list of branch names. The macro itself started with the name of the first branch, copied it to the template, sucked in the data for that branch and then printed the report. Then it went down to next name on the list and repeated the process until it reached the bottom of the list. In Excel it seems to indicate I have to repeat the steps for each and every branch on the list and not loop back through a 8 line macro that refers to the ...

Some macro help with formatting object please
I have a macro that turns on the calculate command function while the user works in it. I was asked if I could have the color of the text box that launches the macro turned RED when the calculate feature has been turned off. Is that possible? TIA! activesheet.textbox1.backcolor=&h0000ff -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alan" <me@here.now> wrote in message news:oYeGc.8684$WM5.492396@news20.bellglobal.com... > I have a macro that turns on the calculate command fu...

Macro HELP!
I am trying to build a macro that will check for the day of the week in cell A1. "Mon", "Tue etc.., if true, it will copy the contents of another cell and paste to another cell. Hope this is discriptive enough. Help the newbie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Cycle, I think you should ask a more specific question. Maybe this is a first step...

Macro that deletes values with condition
Hi, I need a macro that deletes duplicates of numbers that appear an odd number of times and that deletes duplicates and the value duplicated an even number of times. Example: Original data A 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 Result: A 1 2 4 Values 1 and 2 must remain and only delete duplicates because they appear an odd number of times (3), 3 must be deleted because it appears an even number of times (2) and 4 appears because it has no duplicates. Hope this can be done! Thank you so much Hi Insert a heading in row 1 and try this macro: Sub aaa() Dim f As ...

Pivot Table Defaults Turn Off Subtotal
Is there a way to change the default behavior of Pivot Tables? Specifically, can I change the default behavior for a Field to NOT show the subtotals? I know how to turn it off easy enough - it's just frustrating doing it over and over. Thoughts? I have not answer, just want to agree that this is a frustrating issue. Ie, everytime I build a Pivot Table, I have to go through the process of manually turning off the subtotals. Another issue I run into is that generally my pivot tables need to have the 'Field Settings' / 'Layout & Print' changed via a manual process ...

Possible to turn off graph refresh temporarily?
Graphs in 2007 are very slow to refresh after refreshing a data connection. When I remove the 30 graphs in my spreadsheet and refresh the data connections, it refreshes in less than a second. When the graphs are present, it's more than 10 seconds. Is there any way (VBA?) to disable the refreshing of the graphs until after the data connection refreshes have completed, and then to re-enable them? Kind of like a "manual calculation" mode for graphs. Thanks! I'm not aware of anything that allows you to stop the graph refreshing as such. However, you might be able to get ...

Excel 2007 Macro: Open a file from any folder
Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet from any folder of your choice? Thanks in advance. Same as always: Dim myName As String myName = Application.GetOpenFilename If myName = False Then MsgBox "You pressed cancel" Exit Sub End If Workbooks.Open myName HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eS8FI0UeIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet > from any folder of y...

after some time sent mail turns as i symbol mail why?
sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? It means you are tracking that email for voting or other purposes. =20 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Stalin asked: | sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using | outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? ...

macro #5
i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change the name on the cell the save got to be the same name too when i click on save the macro would be asign to a picture. try activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=range("a1") "guest" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c39a78$28ce7d40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to > be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change > the name on the cell the save got to be the s...

Turn Outlook off
I will be gone for 4 months. How can I turn my email off while I'm gone. On Thu, 6 May 2004 14:33:48 -0700, "Bonnie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I will be gone for 4 months. How can I turn my email off >while I'm gone. assuming you mean you don't want your in-box flooded with e-mail while you are gone, you should contact whoever hosts your e-mail address and see what their procedures are. rich ...

Excel macro for copying range to another worksheet
On a monthly basis, I would like to copy the completed range (varies from month to month) of a database (Sheet1) to a master list (Sheet3). Once the data has been copied I intend to manually delete the entries of Sheet1 and start anew for the new month =96 for eventual transfer to Sheet3. The idea is to copy each month=92s data at the bottom of the previous months=92 (Sheet3). I followed Excel=92s record macro command but the macro I ended up with is not capable of placing the new data at the bottom of the existing one; it simply keeps overwriting the previous entry. Unfortunately, I don=92t...

Enable Macro Message
How can you disable the message upon opening a file without setting the security to lowest? I do not want to give the user options to disable or enable the macro. Is that possible? Thanks. This is a user's security setting--not a developer's security setting. If you could change it, it wouldn't be of much use to the user, huh? Rook wrote: > > How can you disable the message upon opening a file without setting the > security to lowest? I do not want to give the user options to disable or > enable the macro. > > Is that possible? > > Thanks. -- Da...

Named Ranges
Hi! I created several worksheets that contained huge lists, so I created a dynamic named range. Now that the name has been inserted in my array formulas, my Macro runs very slowly. The Macro unprotects one of my sheets, sorts the data in a table, hides the blank rows and the protects the sheet again. There are no related named range formulas in that worksheet, so I'm not sure why it would be affected. The Macro ran quickly when I had a defined range of data. Would giving a named range like 'Date' and having text in my workbook with 'Date' create conflicts? Could this...

Creating Event procedures from a macro
Hi, I'm using Jon Peltier's workaround (to Excel's inability to create hyperlinks to chart sheets) to create a table of contents. The following event procedure is placed in the code module for the "contents" sheet. It activates the chart sheet when the user selects the linked cell: ' Thank you Jon! Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Charts("Chart1").Activate End If End Sub This works fine, except that I need to create it on the fly from within a ma...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...

Macro won't delete? Any ideas?
Hi, I inserted an Excel 5.0 dialog worksheet into my spreadsheet. Excel seemed to insert also a macro, which I then located (Tools -> Macro -> Macros, then deleted all the macros in the document). I also deleted the worksheet. However, since then, Excel asks me every time I open it if I would like to enable macros. This is very annoying seeing as I thought I deleted them. Can anyone direct me where I might find the remaining macro? thanks. G Gabbon You have to delete the module that held the code too. Check here http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/tipstrick.htm#macrowarningremoval ...

Microsoft Excel 2007 to Mac Excel 2008 Issue regarding Macros
I have created worksheets on my PC using MS Excel 2007. I transfered them to a Mac user and when open the excel worksheet on his computer it tells me &quot;Excel 2008 for Mac can't run the Macros&quot; <br><br>Can someone maybe please help me to a way around this ???? Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? > Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? <br><br>Mac Excel 2004. ...

copying between cols using autofilter
Hi, I am relatively inexperienced with Excel 2k autofilter option. I have a very large worksheet, with approx 20k number of rows, and 8 cols. I am interested in 2 cols which are adjacent to each other on the worksheet. The first col has data (text only), the 2nd col has a certain no. of blank fields. It is the blank cells that I am interested in. I use the auto filter option and using the pull-down list on the 2nd col select and select only the blank cells. I now wish to copy the contents of the the first col to the 2nd col, where there are blank fields, so in effect renaming that cell with ...

Excel macro #12
I have recorded two macroes, put them together and added if-then-else statement, but there is something wrong. It does not work. Both macroes work fine separately. I try to filter data from a base workbook to an active workbook and make it run automatically every time when the file is opened. Excel should check if a base file is open and if so run the filter routine. If that file is not open it should be opened and run filter. Sub macroname() If IsFileOpen("\\serverName\path\fileName.xls") Then Workbooks("fileName.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("rangeName1...

Small macro problem
Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("g17").End(xlDown).Resize(1, 1) rng.AutoFill Destination:=rng.Resize(rng.Columns.Count, 2) What I want the above to do, is to go to the last item in Column G (say G5) and copy it to the cell below (G6), but this fills both G6 and H7. I feel sure it is very easy to resolve but I seem to have tried all permutations without success. Please advise where I am going wrong. Bob Switch your Row/Column values in .Resize(): Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("G17").End(xlDown) rng.AutoFill Destination:=rng.Resize(...