Turning a row color to "yellow" if one date field is greater than another.

I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current date
is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do this?

0
nfr1 (20)
3/11/2006 8:24:28 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If
your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box
type:
=$D1=today()

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current
>date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do
>this?

0
AndyB
3/11/2006 8:43:21 PM
Sorry - that's if column D equals today.
Try this:
=today()>$D1
Don't forget to set a pattern fill too!

Andy.

<AndyB> wrote in message news:OHqXtxURGHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If
> your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box
> type:
> =$D1=today()
>
> Hope this helps.
> Andy.
>
> "Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current
>>date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do
>>this?

0
AndyB

Yellow warning triangle in system tray
When using a browser, a yellow warning triangle with a black exclamation mark will appear. There appears to be no explanation for this and it disappears when clicked on. I've run chkdsk (check disk) on start up and it confirms that the disk is clean, so what's happening and what does this indicate? On Fri, 14 May 2010 17:27:01 -0700, StuartL <StuartL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When using a browser, a yellow warning triangle with a black exclamation mark >will appear. >There appears to be no explanation for this and it disappears when clic...

Text Highlighting in Yellow (2000) ???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable People, Is there a way to highlight text in yellow...in Publisher 2000. This is such a basic text function...available in *Word* for example...& = they can't provide this? Thanks, mark4man ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transiti...

why is my excel icon a yellow-white exclamation point now? what .
all of my excel file icons have been replaced by yellow-white exclamation points. why is this and what can I do to fix it? Untested, but easiest to try first: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. == If that doesn't work, then try... (This is for winXP--but it'll be similar to other versions of windows) Open windows explorer Tools|Folder Options|File Types Tab Scroll down to XLS Microsoft Excel Worksheet Sele...

Receipient receives message in yellow
When typing an email message the text is black on the monitor but receipients always see the text as light yellow. They usually say there was nothing in the email. This happens whether Word or Outlook is the editor. How do I make the sent message show up at the other end as black. The only way to send a readable email is to hightlight the text and set the color to black although it already is black. Thank you >How do I make the sent message show up at the other end >as black. Make sure the format is "Plain text" -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Pat...

code 39 plug and play enumerator with yellow exclamation
I have no sound on my sound card at the moment because of a fault with the plug and play enumerator with a yellow exclamation mark beside it. When I trouble shoot, it says there is a code 39 error. So I uninstalled the drivers in the hope XP might reinstall the driver, only for it to no longer exist now. What can I do to resolve the problem? Code 39 and fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "black...

how can i paste 45 address from yellow pages into excel and the i.
I want to copy about 1500 addressess from yellow pages and then into excel. i cant get it from there to outlook in a dbase form so i can print labels? What information did you supply for someone to understand what you have and what you need. Though it has little to do with a solution the subject title of 45 addresses does not match 1500 address in your question. Perhaps take a look at Snake Columns page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm to see if there is already a solution or something close. HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] M...

Chopard Happy Sport Diamond 18kt Yellow Gold And Steel Ladies Watch 27/8249-23, Best Wristwatch World
Chopard Happy Sport Diamond 18kt Yellow Gold And Steel Ladies Watch 27/8249-23, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Chopard-Happy-Sport-Diamond-18kt-Yellow-Gold-And-Steel-Ladies-Watch-27-8249-23.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Chopard Happy Sport Diamond 18kt Yellow Gold And Steel Ladies Watch 27/8249-23 Information : Brand : Chopard Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Chopard-Watches.html ) Gender : Ladies Code : Chopard-27-8249-23-WH Also Called : 27/8249-23 Case Material : 18kt Yellow Gold And Stainl...

Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A Recommendation Discount Watches
Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A Recommendation Discount Watches Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A Site: http://girard-perregaux-watches.pxhelp.com/Girard-Perregaux-wristwatch-2920.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Girard Perregaux Watches: http://girard-perregaux-watches.pxhelp.com/ Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Girard Perregaux Watches ( http://girard-perregaux-wat...

Yellow block down the side of my page
Hi, a faded yellow block of colour has appeared down the left side of my page when i create a new document from my saved template. It doesn't happen when i open the template itself. Any ideas how to get rid of it please? thanks It would appear that you have Track Changes enabled. The colored area is provided for the "balloons." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Angel_1" <Angel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7A33CF4-DDFB-408B-BF53-ABDEB33FA742@microsof...

How to change the color of the series markers from yellow to Black
Hello I have a chart with 3 series on it. Every point of one series is represented by a blue square. Every point of another series is a yellow triangle. Every point of the third series is a red circle. Is it possible to change all of the colors to black? Thank you! Sorry, I have just figured this out. "Sam" wrote: > Hello > > I have a chart with 3 series on it. Every point of one series is > represented by a blue square. Every point of another series is a yellow > triangle. Every point of the third series is a red circle. Is it possible > to chan...

Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335611-B7-435X
Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335611-B7-435X Watches Collection Site : http://www.watchepay.com/ Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335611-B7-435X View Full : http://www.watchepay.com/watchs/watch_1684.html Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335611-B7-435X AdditionalInfo : Brand : Breitling Watches ( http://watchepay.com/watchs/Replica-Breitling-watches.html) Handbags Name : Breitling Windrider Chronomat Evolution 18kt Yellow G...

email signature showing up yellow font
Outlook - an email signature is showing up in a light yellow font even though in the signature options it is in black font. Any ideas? ...

Pick cell yellow where I want
I have a nice little sheet background 2 except; my header is gray (3 rows 1,2,3) and 2 columns (gray, I and M i think) which shows results. I need to modify this dity so if i click a upper 3 rows or on one of my 2 columns it doesn't stay #2 (my lower oldrange). (it returns after column 11). any Ideals? regards. just wandering rentapen *** Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) With ActiveWindow If Target.Column > 11 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, 1 - Target.Column).Select End If End With Static OldRange As Range On Error Resume Next Target.Interio...

Red, Yellow, Green Status
I'm using MS Project 2007 Standard. I'm a novice user. Having just pulled together my first project plan, my manager would like to see status based on red, yellow, green. He also says he's had project status where there are buttons on the menu bar indicating red,yellow or green that the person reviewing status can click and easily see what tasks are in jeopardy or late. My plan has a baseline start and finish and an actual start and finish. I've also got a duration for the baseline. Here is what I'm trying to do. Mark tasks that are due to complete ...

Global turn-off of Error Checking
Just Upgraded to Office 2003, and in Excel on tons of cells, I'm getting these little yellow-squares telling me there is something unusual with the cell content.. (I guess). There IS NOT !! - How can I "turn-off" this feature, TOTALLY? TIA, Tools|Options->Error Checking and uncheck as many items as needed to make you happy best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jim May" <JimMay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47A106EA-A4D1-4C98-9A31-7A4D5F1B7EF5@microsoft.com... > Just Upgraded to Office 20...

If Cell Color is yellow set adjacent cell to value
Could someone help me with the VB for this please. I want to search column D and for each cell in column D that i highlighted Yellow I want to set the Value of that cell to Column G i the same row. So if column D15 is highlighted yellow and has a value of 10 I wan cell G15 to be set to 10. This will save me so much time. Thanks for your help. S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I think you should start by looking at Chip's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm I reckon you'll need to set up a User Defined Function for it. -- Andy. "serhat &...

yellow backgroundcolor for fields in e-mail?
I created a rule for sending an e-mail, available for invoices, to be triggered manually. It all works fine except that some (not all) fields used in the email are marked yellow not only during design but still so in the email that is received by applying the rule. Can that be changed? I don't find a button to change background color, only for textcolor. Check if you have google toolbar installed on your machine ~jij "ruud00000" wrote: > I created a rule for sending an e-mail, available for invoices, to be > triggered manually. > > It all works fine excep...

Yellow pages -- Jaundice?
My customer will send me a .pub to review and the entire page appears on my screen with a yellow background. He creates them with the normal white background. I even sent one back to him to check and he said it was normal -- white. To proceed, I have to "copy all" and then paste into a new page. That works fine, but it is a desperate choice. This just started last week. Does anyone know how I can correct the documents when they arrive? And how to prevent this from happening at all? I could find nothing in the KB. Larry Known problem. From memory I don't thin...

Breitling Windrider Crosswind 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335511-B6-350A
Breitling Windrider Crosswind 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335511-B6-350A Discount Watches Site : http://www.watchespurchase.com/ Breitling Windrider Crosswind 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335511-B6-350A Link : http://www.watchespurchase.com/Breitling-B1335511-B6-350A.html Breitling Windrider Crosswind 18kt Yellow Gold Steel Black Mens Watch B1335511-B6-350A Information : Brand : Breitling Watches ( http://www.watchespurchase.com/Breitling.html ) Gender : Mens Code : Breitling-B1335511-B6-350A Item Variations : B1335511-B6-350...

Cartier Pasha 18kt Yellow Gold Mens Watch W3019551, Best Wristwatch World
Cartier Pasha 18kt Yellow Gold Mens Watch W3019551, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Cartier-Pasha-18kt-Yellow-Gold-Mens-Watch-W3019551.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Cartier Pasha 18kt Yellow Gold Mens Watch W3019551 Information : Brand : Cartier Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Cartier-Watches.html ) Gender : Mens Code : Cartier-W3019551 Also Called : W3019551, Cartier-W3019551 Case Material : 18kt Yellow Gold Case Thickness : 42mm Dial Color : Silver With Central Guilloche ...

No yellow information
Frequently when downloading I get the message to click on the yellow bar above. I have had six different computers over the years and have never seen a yellow bar to click on. A bar above the message tells me that an Active X file is trying to run and to click the x - which I do. Nothing seems to happen when I do. Am I not doing something I should be doing? -- Ray _________________________________________________ And this happens/ doesn't happen when using Outlook Express? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ray&q...

TSSTcorp DVD Code 41
I cannot view my 2 DVD ROMs in My Computer and I get an error "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)" when viewing the DVD in Device manager. It shows the correct hardware just with a yellow exclamation point. The DCD ROMs will not recognize/play any DVD/CD I put in them. The Samsung Live Update thingy dosen't find any hardware (I think it tells me that, it actually says, says and I quote: "In your system, any kind of CD-ROM device is searched" WTF does that mean?) When I uninstal...

What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment
Hello, My friend and I are pretty proficient in Excel, but have never seen this before. When selecting a cell, a yellow box pops up with information. I can move the box around the sheet, but it does not appear to be a comment. (When I do add a comment in the sheet, I can right click the comment to change properties and it also has a line attaching it to the cell it's commenting on - this yellow box does not). I've tried searching help, etc but don't know enough of what to look for. Any help would be appreciated! I'll send you a screenshot if you need more info...

yellow cross in clip organiser
I have downloaded clips from the microsoft site and all of a sudden some of the clips have a yelllow cross beside them and I can't copy them into files. I have tried a system restore to a time that I know I was not having problems but this hasn't resolved the problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Your temporary cache maybe full. In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete, delete files. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "mally" <mally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216079DD-C4CA-40C0-B97F-47FA131CD3D8@microsoft.com... &g...

Yellow Tint When Printing from Office
A yellow tint has started appearing around images imported into Office (Word and PowerPoint). We are using a Laserjet 4550n. Test prints are fine and most of the documents are fine except those that seem to have imported graphics. Any suggestions on fixing this? TIA On 8/1/03 10:38 AM, in article 022d01c35853$b8edd4f0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "Wendy" <wsosebee@yahoo.com> wrote: > A yellow tint has started appearing around images imported > into Office (Word and PowerPoint). We are using a Laserjet > 4550n. Test prints are fine and most of the documents are > fine excep...