Trying to set Scale of 3D View in Excel 2003

I have a procedure that sets the MinimumScale and MaximumScale on some
2D Surface Charts that works with out any issues.  The code nested in
the procedure looks like this.

    With ChartNorm.Axes(xlValue)
        .MinimumScale = -DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MaximumScale = DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MajorUnit = DataNorm.Range("H2").Value * 2
    End With

However when I try to use similar code on a 3D Surface Chat

    With ChartNorm3D.Axes(xlValue)
        .MinimumScale = -DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MaximumScale = DataNorm.Range("I2").Value
        .MajorUnit = DataNorm.Range("H2").Value * 2
    End With

I get the following error.

"unable to set the MinimumScale property of the Axis class"

I was not able to find anything about this subject in the group,
although I'm sure it's there.

Any help would be appreciated,
Larry
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow